Buck & Honeys
804 Liberty Blvd
Sun Prairie, WI 53590Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Buck & Honeys
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.buckandhoneys.com/
- Phone: 6088373131x
- Hours of Operation:
Visit us for Brunch on Sun: 10A-2P
- Payment Options: Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Bar / Lounge / Bottle Service, American
- Executive Chef: Sammy Millan
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Entertainment, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: Let us know what you're planning, we're a fully customizable caterer and will make your next party, banquet, meeting memorable.
- Private Party Facilities: Two private rooms with state of the art audio/video. Call for more information.
- Private Party Contact: Tom Anderson 6088373131x
- Entertainment: Live music in the bar every Thursday at 8:00PM and ever Saturday at 8:30PM. Follow our schedule at www.Facebook.com/BuckandHoneys
A word from Buck & Honeys
At Buck & Honey’s, we've taken great care to ensure your first visit makes you feel like you're stopping by an old friend's. We're locally owned and offer a wide variety of traditional fare made from scratch with only the freshest available ingredients.… Sun Prairie's taken notice by awarding Buck & Honey's 'Best Restaurant', 'Best Soup', 'Best Steak', 'Best Dinner', and 'Best Place for Live Music' for both 2011, 2012, & 2013! Great pastas, awesome steaks, fresh entree salads, unique specialty sandwiches, critically acclaimed Friday fish fry and our deliciously crispy thin crust pizzas round out our offerings. Check out the extensive wine list. Join us for live entertainment and special events. Now serving brunch from 10A-2P on Sunday!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerAmerican
- Diners' Choice WinnerNeighborhood Gem
Buck & Honeys - Best Restaurants in Sun Prairie ›
Buck & Honeys reviews from OpenTable diners
98 reviews since May 6, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (54)great for outdoor dining (53)good for groups (42)special occasion (42)great for lunch (34)fit for foodies (32)kid-friendly (23)hot spot (22)notable wine list (16)great for brunch (16)vibrant bar scene (14)romantic (9)late-night find (4)Show More
- Great foodOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/30/2014I did not rate the wine or bar as my husband and I do not drink. However, the food was excellent. There was music playing outside on the patio. We ate inside and had a nice quiet dinner. Outside looked very entertaining for the music and just sitting and enjoy a few beverages. I would recommend.Special Features:
- Fantastic, as usualCHRISTOPHERDined on 8/27/2014I never have a bad dining experience with I visit Buck & Honey's. Keep up the good work!Special Features:
- Good service, good food!NYStripperDined on 8/26/2014We enjoyed lunch at this neighborhood restaurant very much. We were with friends whom we had not seen in months, and had a nice long, long, lunch. The service folks worked with us very well so we were not rushed or pressured to order. The food was good, and the atmosphere was friendly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food and service!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/22/2014This was my first time here--AMAZING food and great service overall. It was very crowded (friday evening) but did not seem to affect the wait time for drinks/food. Our waiter was very nice and friendly. Ambience was great. Would be a great restaurant for date night.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Buck and HoneysFridayFishFryGuruDined on 8/22/2014My wife and I arrived and were immediately taken to our reserved table (through Open Table). Our waiter was punctual and pleasant. The food was delivered quickly and it was a delicious Friday fish fry. Plenty of fish, tasty cheesy potatoes, cole slaw and a warm roll. Only issue I had is that the Bloody Mary was disappointing.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good Food, Not so Good ServiceUnhappyNewYearsDinersDined on 8/16/2014If not for the fact that our server made us feel like we were inconveniencing her by being there our experience was good. The food as usual was exceptional. The server ignored us for nearly 10 minutes without drinks, then failed to tell us about drink or dinner specials. We only became aware of them when we overheard another server telling a table next to us (after we had ordered). At the end of the meal the bill was very slow in coming and our server then waited nearly 10 minutes to get the receipts back to us. I hope she is an anomaly on the staff.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- only disappointmentOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/8/2014I feel that if I make a reservation my table should be ready when I get there. If I knew I had to wait 15 minutes for my reserved table I wouldn't have bothered making one. It appeared that the problem was I requested a booth to help contain my three year old better. They had plenty of notice. Shouldn't have been an issue. Otherwise we love this placeSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Strong DrinkscollegedaysDined on 8/2/2014There drinks menu is quite large. But whoever was bartending saturday 9:45pm august 2 was making the drinks waaaay too strong taking away the flavor they where looking for. I mentioned to the server that it tasted like pepto bismal. We order a sour apple. Also very very strong. The food was fantastic. We had the sassy cow cheese curds. My wife had the veggie alfredo and i had the stir fry. Very very good. I know ill get a lot smirks for this comment but tone down the liquor a little. Everything else was fine.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very good fish fryJulieDined on 8/1/2014I wanted to go somewhere for good fish. I checked the online reviews and chose Buck & Honey's. The fried code was very good. The breading was not too heavy and it was crisp. The fish was very hot and flaky. I didn't care of the cheesy hash browns. I always expect crispiness in hash browns and these were more like mashed potatoes or a baked casserole type of potato. The price is a bit high, but the fish was very good so I would visit again.Special Features:
- Well donertistDined on 8/1/2014Friendly, attentive and accommodating staff. Very short waiting times. Well-paced dining experience. Great food. Attractive plating. Definitely a favorite spot.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/30/2014Food was really good. Can't make a reservation for the patio which is a total bummer, but other than that I liked it. Waitstaff was really nice.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Family DinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/26/2014Had a dinner with family Had reservations for 6 but showed up with 7. Even though the restaurant was full, the staff was most accommodating of our party. Food was very good. Service excellent and we all had a great timeSpecial Features:
- good food-flaw in servicemootsDined on 7/26/2014There were 4 of us dining for dinner on a Saturday evening.....food was good as this was the second time we have gone there. When were done eating the manager asked politely if we could move to a different table as they needed our table for another reservation. that was fine & we told them we would sit outside. He did not tell us that the outside seating was reserve seating so when we got there we spotted an empty table & we sat down but we were asked to leave as it was spoken for. They should have told . us that when we were inside. We went outside & spotted an empty table & we sat down only to be told it was all reserve seating out there & again we had to move. Ended up in parking lot-friends we had not seen in a yearSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a favorite!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/25/2014Buck and Honeys has a great menu and wonderful service. Outdoor dining and live music make their patio a great place to be!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Just wonderfulDjr9402Dined on 7/25/2014We had reservations for 8:00. Got to the restaurant about 7:35, and went to the bar for a drink. At 7:50 we were in our seats! Friday fish fry was excellent! I have nothing but good things to say about Buck & Honeys.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Friday Night Fishluv2eatDined on 7/25/2014In celebration of a friend's birthday, we decided to eat at Buck and Honey's. The restaurant was very busy but we were seated immediately with our reservation. The service was good but not excellent. Despite stating it was our friend's birthday on our online reservation form, calling the restaurant ahead of time as a reminder the same day and letting the hostess know when arrived, the free brownie for our birthday friend never happened. It was disappointing and awkward at the end of the meal when the waitness, who was supposed to be informed by hostess, only brought our bill. On the bright side, the fish fry we had was amazing! We would go back even with the slight mishap.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Ouch what is the big dealZagerDined on 7/25/2014Average food Not worth the time or money. I do not get why people are so excited about this place. I will not be back.
- Overall good but not greatStacyc96Dined on 7/23/2014Always enjoy B+H and the restaurant week menu was a wonderful excuse to head there for lunch. I did not like my BBQ salmon salad--too heavily dressed and the flavors did not work. I enjoyed my other courses as did my guests.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great experience . . . againLisaPDined on 7/22/2014Buck & Honey's does not disappoint. Went there to celebrate out 20th wedding anniv. Husbands meatloaf was awesome. I had the grilled Buffalo Chix salad and it was delish. Can't wait to go again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Restaurant Week MenuSandyBDined on 7/22/2014We went for Restaurant week 2014. 1 ordered off the menu and 2 ordered from the Restaurant week menu. I am not fond of cheese but was able to eat the steak strips (sans feta crumbles or bleu cheese crumbles) and the Salmon was excellent! My fave was still the dessert-Banana Slamma! sweet, crunchy, ice creamy, everything you want in a dessert! i heard after that the reastaurant week portion was small compared to the normal dessert size. (note to self). making a reservation online was super easy. we ended up being a little late because of traffic and everyone was super nice about it. We had excellent service and excellent food!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Okay DiningliketotrynewplacesDined on 7/21/2014We made a reservation for dinner and then got sat at a bar table instead of in the dinning room when there were dining tables open. There were two of us and we both ordered the same meal. The appetizer proportions were not the same between the two plates, and when we got our bills one of us had a higher bill than the other, which didn't make any sense. The main meal was good but the waitress didn't seem to know much about the food. I have heard good reviews about Buck and Honey's but it didn't meet my expectations.Special Features:
- Good luncheat2liveDined on 7/21/2014We had a good lunch at B&H. It was a bonus that they were participating in restaurant week.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Unpleasantly surprisedLj85Dined on 7/20/2014I have dined at Buck and Honey's in the past and the food was great and so was the service. On this visit the service was slow even though the restaurant wasn't full. The vegetables were swimming in oil, the meat was salty beyond belief and the potatoes were cold.Special Features:
- Good once againeddieDined on 7/20/2014Buck & Honey's is a neighborhood place that we like going to several times a month. This time we met friends there for Sunday brunch and it was it's usual good food and easy atmosphere for conversation. We found the brunch menu a little confusing about what came with the breakfast we ordered but it was all good and that is a small nit to pick. We will be back again.Special Features:
- Good as alwayssunprairiefoodieDined on 7/19/2014Buck and Honeys is one of our favorite restaurants. The food is always good, the wine list is more than adequate, and the drinks are always strong. Try the chocolate martini!! They are always adding new things to the menu but I can't seem to stay away from the grilled scallops!! Live music on the weekends and a huge patio on which to enjoy the evenings. Always an enjoyable night out.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, service and atmosphereluvfoodDined on 7/18/2014We went to Buck and Honey's to celebrate a birthday. Amazing food and drinks. Service was friendly and attentive. Live music outside. Perfect for a summer celebration.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First timer and planning to return.FrequentdinerDined on 7/18/2014Knew it would be very busy. Seated quickly we were close to our reservation time which was great for this first visit. Bar was too busy to spend anytime there after dinner but the cocktails we had at our table were wonderful. Clam chowder was tasty, full of potatoes and calms and we will order again. Tilapia very good and portion size was adequate. I had the rice but I thought it was a little dry. Asparagus cooked just right not over done, not undercooked, for my taste. We didn't have to wait long after our order was taken to be served. Wait staff seemed to be on their toes and busy but able and willing to chat about menu items. Will try again but at an odd time of day so maybe we can spend time at the bar before we are seated.Special Features:
- Extremely Rude HostBadexperienceDined on 7/16/2014I took my wife to Buck n Honeys for our three year anniversary. I figured I would reserve a table online which I put in the special instructions "would prefer outdoor seating as it is to celebrate our anniversary". When I checked in, a younger man took my name and was extremely nice. When a gentalman came up to seat us, I reminded the notes in the reservation to sit outside. The gent immediately became rude and bluntly said they don't allow reservations outside. I asked if it said anything on the website when we shrugged his shoulders and said "I don't know but I can tell you we don't". His rude attitude continued until I told him I would wait until a table was open. As we walked away, I overheard the other gent tell him they held a spot...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Go to for business luncheseat2liveDined on 7/15/2014Our group enjoys going to B&H for lunch. Food is typically good and the services is acceptable.Special Features:
- Best place to goSatisfoodDined on 6/27/2014Buck and Honey's is simply a great eatery with a fantastic staff and ambience.Special Features:
- Good food but priceyOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/27/2014I had heard so many good things about this restaurant so maybe my expectations were too high but I thought the ambience was just average, nothing special. The food was good but was about 1/3 more than we've paid for the the same quality food elsewhere. The service was friendly and attentive but we did wait longer than other restaurants for our main course to arrive.Special Features:
- We got engaged!!GordonzolaDined on 6/15/2014Lance was enthusiastic and energetic and pleasant! We both ordered crab cakes Eggs Benedict and one of my eggs was overcooked.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Summertime! YIPPEE!fiinaleeDined on 6/12/2014The outside patio is fun. The wait staff are fun and attentive. There's entertainment outside also. The food is OUTSTANDING!! It's my 'go to' spot here in Sun Prairie.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best of Sun PrairieDannyMaryDined on 5/21/2014The food is generally very good. The salmon entrées are fantastic, steaks respectable, and the side dishes nicely done. The baby back ribs are only okay -a tad dry- but I generally don't go to a place like this for ribs anyhow. I always find it difficult to find a relaxing place to sit at Buck & Honeys. It seems choices are: be seated in a noisy area, or, be seated in a somewhat less noisy area that has a lot of foot traffic or is next to a busy door. Outdoor seating is abundant and eliminates the above problems, but, of course, it's outdoors and this is Wisconsin, so it's hit or miss with the weather. The last time I ate there, they lost my OpenTable reservation so the table we requested was already reserved when we got there.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding food-never disappointedOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/16/2014Big city restaurant feel with amazing food selection and presentation in a small town. A unique place that brings in customers from far and wide which holds it's own against the best in Madison.Special Features:
- ehOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/11/2014It's worth a try. The appetizers I enjoyed. The entrees weren't cooked properly. It was loud and service was a little slow. My two year old enjoyed the gourmet Mac and cheese.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/11/2014Noise level was a little loud during Mother's Day Brunch but the food was excellent. Still my favorite restaurant in Sun Prairie!Special Features:
- The following 340 reviews are from the Buck & Honeys reviews archive.
- Another Good ExperiencetoadmanDined on 4/29/2014Good food & service again. We were there on a Tuesday evening. Nice & quite, very nice.Special Features:
- Always greatLukeDined on 4/27/2014I've been to Buck and Honey's on several occasions, and each time always satisfied with the food and service. The menu always has a great selection and i can find something new to try each and every time. If you are looking for a great fish fry on a friday night, this has to be the best in the areaSpecial Features:
- Come Spend a Buck on your Honeytrulove2dineDined on 4/25/2014This gem is tucked away in Sun Prairie just north of the water tower. Named for an endearing couple that once graced the Sun Prairie scene, Buck& Honeys is a charming restaurant that has a delightful nostalgic feel. It is well worth your drive. Great food, always something new to try. Some of my favorites: Firecracker shrimp, steak bites, ahi tuna, scallops & berries salad, steaks, fish fries, flat bread pizzas, great bar, and so much more. Did I mention their creme brulee is to die for? Fantastic staff, great atmosphere, finally a place that is truly worth every cent you spend. Great place to meet friends, host a corporate or private party or sneak away with your honey. Buck & Honeys ... BEST PLACE to spend a Buck on your Honey.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.