350 South County Road
Palm Beach, FL 33480Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.buccanpalmbeach.com/
- Phone: 5618333450
- Hours of Operation:
M-Th: 4:00pm* - 11:00pm (bar open until 1:00am) Fri: 4:00pm* - 12:00am (bar open until 1:00am) Sat: 5:00pm - 12:00am (bar open until 1:00am) Sun: 5:00pm until 10:00pm (bar open until 12:00am)
*Limited menu from 4:00pm until 5:00pm, happy hour until 7:00pm.
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Contemporary American, Tapas / Small Plates
- Executive Chef: Clay Conley
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Cafe, Chef's Table, Counter Seating, Entertainment, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Wine, Wine Bar
- Entertainment: DJ every friday night 9-1
- Special Events: Every monday night 1/2 price on all wines by the bottle
A word from Buccan
Buccan (pronounced boo-cahn) is a restaurant, bar and lounge in the heart of Palm Beach. The concept, conceived by acclaimed Miami Chef Clay Conley, is primarily a high-end bistro, featuring progressive American cuisine, in a casually sophisticated setting. The predominant characteristic of buccan's menu is a changing array of small plates - highlighting the use of superior ingredients and preparation - offering an adventurous and memorable dining experience. Guests are welcome for a quick bite at the bar, a specialty cocktail in the lounge, or for a long, leisurely evening.Continued
Visit our web page for more information, updates and special events.
Visit our web page for more information, updates and special events.
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Service
Buccan - Best Restaurants in Palm Beach ›
Buccan reviews from OpenTable diners
107 reviews since June 4, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (91)hot spot (66)special occasion (50)neighborhood gem (43)vibrant bar scene (41)notable wine list (34)good for groups (28)romantic (22)late-night find (13)great for lunch (7)great for brunch (5)kid-friendly (4)scenic view (1)Show More
- InovativelovagedinersDined on 9/28/2014On our first visit to Buccan, we were very impressed! The food was amazing, our server Mike was one of the best we have had, the selections were creative, and we loved the "small plates," as we couldn't narrow down our choices. We will definitely go back.Special Features:
- Night outSpookDined on 9/26/2014Vibrant bar scene. Good entrees but the tapas are delicious and easily make a meal. Great for groups or a special date.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fun MealDisappointingVIPDined on 9/25/2014We really enjoyed our small plates dinner. Everything was delicious and it was fun to share multiple dishes. We will definitely return.Special Features:
- differentMollyDined on 9/24/2014Fun,lively venue with interesting food, many choices and outstanding,friendly service. Enjoy the wide variety by sticking with the small plates.Special Features:
- Great foodPbfoodieDined on 9/23/2014This is a great place for palm beach tapas. It's GREAT!!!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A must !!!!Juliarossi17Dined on 9/22/2014Fantastic and delicious restaurant, excellent service, the steak tartar is the best ever ..... all the plates are different and worth to try.Special Features:
- Very nice!XOXODined on 9/21/2014Lovely place, although tables could have been placed further apart. Excellent octopus and calamari dishes. Pork belly - on the chewy, meaty side, but still tasty. Gnocchi - pretty good, but a little muddled. Kale salad is just OK. Burrata is good, but the sauce is cloyingly sweet. Would definitely give Buccan another chance.I would recommend this to a friend.
- LiveliestDined on 9/21/2014Had the summer price fix menu. Could not have been more satisfied. An excellent excellent meal. Service was spot on. Very enjoyable evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Palm Beach Dining at its Best!!!Foodie4lifeDined on 9/19/2014I have been dining at Buccan since it first opened and I'm always impressed. The menu is updated regularly/seasonally to reflect new creations from the chef. The main stsples & favorites are always available. The steak tartare is delectable, the kale salad is a perfect blend of sweet & citrus, the squid ink orrichette is just incredible. The cocktail menu has the perfect accompaniment to your meal whatever your taste. I absolutely adore this restaurant, and the scene is great as well. LOVE LOVE LOVE Buccaan!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Must for Foodies!CakeMamaDined on 9/18/2014Excellent restaurant in Palm Beach! Unusual and exciting menu with the concept of sharing several small plates. The only hard thing was deciding what to eat! It all is exceptional and given a creative flair, with great combinations of flavors. Service is beyond compare...staff is completely knowledgable about all aspects of the menu and they make if comfortable to ask questions.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best foodie spot in Palm BeachgrizlybearDined on 9/11/2014A nice change from the upscale comfort food that most other Palm Beach restaurants serve. An adventurous menu with some fascinating flavor combinations, and the small plates that make up most of the menu are perfect for sharing and trying out a good number of dishes. Which is what this place is all about. Service was great, and very helpful on the topic of how many dishes to order. There were some large groups the night we went, and the noise level was pretty high, but maybe this wasn't typical. But probably not the place for an intimate diner a deux. It's all about the food.Special Features:
- jps7257Dined on 9/8/2014Just a amazing night. Great food, wine and service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Iro15VIPDined on 9/7/2014Loved this restaurant. The food was excellent and our server was fantastic!Special Features:
- Always greatMissVVDined on 9/1/2014This is our favorite restaurant You can count on good service and excellent foodSpecial Features:
- Buccan vs Cafe BoloudTahiaVIPDined on 8/31/2014Food was creative, well executed. Must make reservations somewhat early. Very good competition for Cafe Boloud.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very goodEmilycaprice2014VIPDined on 8/26/2014Great spot w odd menu items that make it unique. Hot dog panini is one. Tapas style food so u can share many choices. Tables r really small and close together though which I don't prefer.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- one of the bestBobcatDined on 8/25/2014We go back to Buccan over and over. They have an eclectic menu- mostly small plates. Two small plates is enough for most folks. Seafood tacos, spicy pork taco, empanadas, outstanding pizza margarita - even a hot dog panini which my friend swear by. Go on a Monday night for 1/2 price bottles of wine. Finally the service is always A1. We'll be back.Special Features:
- Buccan heavenSarlisx2Dined on 8/24/2014Has a great atmosphere and is more enjoyable during the off-season. The small plates and desserts are outstanding. Of special note: the warm Brussels sprouts Caesar salad and the carrot cake. Truly innovative cuisine that presents comfort food in nouvelle cuisine portions.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great foodVanessaVIPDined on 8/24/2014My husband and I had dinner here and were very pleased. Our waitress was very friendly and the staff was extremely attentive. We had the beet salad which was very good. The Branzino was so fresh and flavorful. We will be back on our next visit to the area. Buccan is in the top two meals of our trip!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing dinnerMeganVIPDined on 8/20/2014Met up with a friend for dinner at Buccan. Great service and wonderful food. Menu often changes because they use as many locally grown ingredients as possible. We had the pork belly, empanada, veal pasta, and burger. All of it was delicious, but don't skip their pastas or the empanada! We also loved the Elderflower Swizzle cocktail!Special Features:
- Buccan is amazing!!Phoenix4819VIPDined on 8/17/2014We had dinner last night at Buccan, and it far exceeded our expectations. The service was attentive yet not at all intrusive. The waiter took the time to describe many of the menu items to us and was obviously very knowledgeable. The food was absolutely fabulous!! The appetizer, the salad, and the main course were all superb. We were very, very pleased, and we will definitely return to Buccan whenever we are in Palm Springs. Thanks for a wonderful evening!!Special Features:
- Fried Chicken on Sunday!LIEKVIPDined on 8/10/2014Great 3 course meal for $35.00. Second there for the fried chicken. Delicious and I was never a fried chicken lover!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 8/8/2014Fun place with great food , reminds me of the HamptonsSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dinner for twoEatingoutDined on 8/7/2014excellent from start to finish. On a previous visit I had commented on the hostess being disinterested and unwelcoming, this time it was quite different - friendly and welcoming. The "Welcome Back" was a great touch. Server was knowledgeable and very effective, gave good descriptions and good guidance on ordering. The food was really exceptional, each dish was beautifully executed and very easy to eat. Overall quality was outstanding. Wines by the glass are mediocre and overpriced, e.g $10 for a Malbec which costs less than $10 a bottle, yet is the only choice in a hearty red.Special Features:
- Brilliant ChefNJM61Dined on 8/7/2014The food is magnificent, service impeccable and ambiance delightful!Special Features:
- KBR49Dined on 8/5/2014Excellent food. Very friendly and knowledgable staff. Can't wait to go back.Special Features:
- RTseVIPDined on 7/28/2014The portions are very large. The Ratatouille, Mexican Corn, Squid Ink Orecchiette, and the Brussel Caesar were excellent.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 7/28/2014Always very good - great ambience, attentive service - great dishes - brussel sprout salad, kale salad, meat lovers pizza, short rib empanada, ricotta gnocchi - a meal for 4! Nice wine list - all very thoughtfully and well done.Special Features:
- AwesomeFantasticDined on 7/28/2014Everything about this place is tremendous. Brussels Sprout Caesar is a must have!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 7/24/2014I celebrated my 65th birthday at Buccan and it was really wonderful. We all loved the food and the wine we ordered was sensational. If I lived in Palm Beach, I would be there all of the time, but alas, I don't. Hope to make it back there sometime before too long. Our server was absolutely lovely…..very helpful and professional.Special Features:
- Great FoodbobbyboyDined on 7/15/2014Don't miss the kale salad and the brussels sprouts caesar salad. Oh, did I mention the hot dog panini.Special Features:
- fantastic, creative foodjupiterfoodieDined on 7/14/2014Buccan is my favorite restaurant. Everything on the menu is terrific. This time snapper sliders were new and they were incredible. The snapper was perfectly grilled, placed on buttery, toasted brioche with chipotle aoli and slaw. So good! Mondays are 50% off bottles of wine so go on Mondays. Make a reservation as it is crowded even off season.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very nice restaurant... worth a tryOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/13/2014Very creative dishes but portions are relatively small. Great ambiance and good service but it's a little pricey for what you get. Keep in mind that this is Palm Beach so it's in line with other restaurants on the island. Overall, it's a very nice place for a special occasion. Worth a visit and I would go back again.Special Features:
- Fun Place, Eclectic MenuZerfDined on 7/13/2014Our visit to Buccan this occasion was the third time my wife and I , (adult children with us twice), have dined here. My wife was particularly interested in trying out the "fried chicken special" on Sundays. She was not disappointed although the chicken was not your typical "fried" presentation. Not surprising for Buccan. The lightly breaded and probably pan fried version was moist and tasty. The sides, coleslaw, mashed potatoes and cheese biscuits were equally delicious. My small plates were diverse and pleasant. My favorite dish was the grilled octopus salad. It's a fun lively place to visit for a casual night out for something different. PS, our waitress Cecelia was very good. We will visit again.Special Features:
- FanasticVailSkier2014Dined on 7/8/2014At the recommendation of a nearby resident, we tried Buccan. Simply put they have great food. Our group of four sampled at least 7 plates, tea, coffee and two deserts. All were excellent. And the delivery was amazingly quick for the quality. I estimated the restaurant to be about half full at 9 pm on a Tuesday. This is now on our return list when we are in the area.Special Features:
- 5 starBobcatDined on 7/7/2014Buccan specialises in small plates. Snapper slider, pulled pork taco etc. All are great. Monday night 50% off bottles of wine! The service is impeccable, simply the best. Enjoy.Special Features:
- Wow, great small plates!JulieZDined on 7/6/2014Just loved the food and wine. We will go back whenever we are in the area in the future. The small plates were great and a good way to try many different tastes. The pastas were to die for one was better than the next. Great wine list and drinks. Our waiter was outstanding and informative about the dishes. My only complant is that they keep the place at the tempature of a meat locker, it was a little cold for me. I usually like that as I am always warm but this was just a little too cold but that won't stop us from returning as the food and service out shown the cold. We had seen Buccan on Emeril's Florida and was not dispointed in his review. We had wanted to try it's sister Imoto but it was closed so we will try next time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent from start to endCooperDined on 6/30/2014Great and tasty food, excellent service. Can't go wrong.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- New favoriteOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 6/30/2014Perfect portion sizes (small plates) allows you to try many of their delicious offerings. Half price wine bottles on Mondays was a nice surprise. Our server was delightful and acted like she enjoyed her job. We'll go back soon and often!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best in Palm BeachMJD523VIPDined on 6/29/2014This is by far my favorite restaurant in Palm Beach. We go back every time we are in town and only gets better with each visit.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.