350 South County Road
Palm Beach, FL 33480Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.buccanpalmbeach.com/
- Phone: (561) 833-3450
- Hours of Operation:
M-Th: 4:00pm* - 11:00pm (bar open until 1:00am) Fri: 4:00pm* - 12:00am (bar open until 1:00am) Sat: 5:00pm - 12:00am (bar open until 1:00am) Sun: 5:00pm until 10:00pm (bar open until 12:00am)
*Limited menu from 4:00pm until 5:00pm, happy hour until 7:00pm.
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Contemporary American, Tapas / Small Plates
- Executive Chef: Clay Conley
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Cafe, Chef's Table, Counter Seating, Entertainment, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Wine, Wine Bar
- Entertainment: DJ every friday night 9-1
- Special Events: Every monday night 1/2 price on all wines by the bottle
A word from Buccan
Buccan (pronounced boo-cahn) is a restaurant, bar and lounge in the heart of Palm Beach. The concept, conceived by acclaimed Miami Chef Clay Conley, is primarily a high-end bistro, featuring progressive American cuisine, in a casually sophisticated setting. The predominant characteristic of buccan's menu is a changing array of small plates - highlighting the use of superior ingredients and preparation - offering an adventurous and memorable dining experience. Guests are welcome for a quick bite at the bar, a specialty cocktail in the lounge, or for a long, leisurely evening.Continued
Visit our web page for more information, updates and special events.
Visit our web page for more information, updates and special events.
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Service
- Diners' Choice WinnerFit for Foodies
Buccan - Best Restaurants in Palm Beach ›
Buccan reviews from OpenTable diners
144 reviews since July 27, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelEnergetic
fit for foodies (108)hot spot (100)special occasion (55)neighborhood gem (55)vibrant bar scene (54)good for groups (39)notable wine list (37)romantic (24)late-night find (21)great for lunch (5)kid-friendly (4)great for brunch (1)scenic view (1)great for outdoor dining (1)Show More
- Great food, great service !!!Juliarossi17Dined on 11/20/2014Second time and just as wonderful as the first ! Food-service-price ratio excellent !Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/20/2014We are in Palm Beach on vacation and loved Buccan so much we cancelled another reservation to go back a second time before going back to Montreal! The food was right up our alley! Lots of things to share and not too heavy. The service was excellent on both nights.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BuccanOne109VIPDined on 11/18/2014The food at Buccan is great. Tables are very close together and the noise level is outrageous!! I definitely would go back, but perhaps sit in the front area, if possible..Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Still oh-so-goodEmpogoDined on 11/15/2014We've loved this place for years, and this most recent trip was just as wonderful as the others have been. Service was great, food was spectacular, and the ambiance was the perfect blend of energetic and comfortable. We will absolutely be back, and soon. Thank you to everyone who made our night lovely!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- foodieDined on 11/14/2014Great dining experience, would return in a heartbeat.Special Features:
- Did not disappointRoRoDined on 11/13/2014Followed the recommendation of many friends to dine here and was not disappointed. Food was creative and inspiring ! An amazing chef with incredible talent! Service was impeccable. The experience was overall impressive and delightful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very happening PB spot.YayaDined on 11/12/2014My husband and I took a friend to Buccan on a Wednesday night. The restaurant was buzzing all night! They offer small plates, averaging $15. per dish, with the full dinners in the $40. range. The food is creative and tasty. The people watching is fun. Our waiter was friendly and knowledgable. We had fun and enjoyed our meal.... Brussels sprout Caesar salad, flat bread pizza, squash blossoms, and a very nice $18. cheeseburger......not for the bargain hunter.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice!BaronessDined on 11/11/2014Hello, We had nice time yesterday evening. Great, lively atmosphere and nice table. Wonderful food!! Thank you!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love it!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 11/10/2014Amazing restaurant, outstanding service and worth the price.Special Features:
- Buccan - Great placelorislifeVIPDined on 11/10/2014Must have the tuna crisps and Brussels sprout Caesar salad. Great vibe, great food and all around happening placeSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best meal of my lifenbcsallyDined on 11/9/2014I am not joking. My husband and I ate here for dinner. It was amazing! We had spicy pork tacos and short rib empanadas to start, then the lamb risotto and the Waygu Beef Short Ribs (which was the best beef I've ever had). Followed by a caramel popcorn sundae and fresh brewed coffee in a French press. So delicious! The service was fantastic! Our waiter was very helpful and did not rush us. I'm only sad we live so far away.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- luvfoodluvfoodDined on 11/7/2014Interesting small plate choices. Each one we tried was terrific. Attractively presented. Desserts were great. Wait staff helpful in description of food choices. Service excellent. Noise level comfortable although our reservation was early so restaurant not filled.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 11/6/2014The two top seating was too tight. It was actually very difficult to get up to use the rest room or leave without disturbing the diners next to us. Appetizer and salad were vey good. Main dish was good, but not quite warm enough when served.Special Features:
- TrendyDined on 11/3/2014Some dishes good, a few new items not so: Octopus not up to standard. Orecchiette great,Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always wonderfulLIEKVIPDined on 11/2/2014Our server and the food were both wonderful. We've had dinner here many times and always enjoy ourselves!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sunday DinnerAnnBVIPDined on 10/26/2014Went to Buccan for dinner this past Sunday night. Everything was great from start to finish!Special Features:
- Small plates are my favoriteOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/23/2014Lots to choose from and the timing of the delivery was great I never felt rushedSpecial Features:
- Great Dining ExperienceLamboDined on 10/22/2014The food, service personnel and atmosphere is wonderful and we very much enjoy that part of our dining experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic meal at BuccanFoodieDined on 10/22/2014We had a wonderful night out with friends. The food is creative and delicious at Buccan. The service was outstanding too.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FinedinningtourDined on 10/22/2014Great as usual- the food was delicious, staff friendly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Hot spot!CruisinggalDined on 10/21/2014Specialize in small plates and sharing. Excellent flavor and fun. This is a hot spot!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Thank you for the nice evening !SebandCaroDined on 10/21/2014the food and the service is really good. We took our time and they did not rush us. We ordered a plate and finished it before ordering the oder one. We shared it to taste a maximum of them ! I highly recommand this restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Eloquent but...OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/20/2014LOUD, very tight, constantly bumped by staff and patrons (relative to configuration of tables). Food was good with the exception of "gritty" scallops which I would attribute to sand. Otherwise the service was fantastic, immediate service, friendly, and exacting. Food was prepared to individual requests, cocktails were mixed as desired, and again the staff was impeccable.Special Features:
- SpeedVIPDined on 10/20/2014Borderline Michelin star! Service very friendly and helpful. Small plates make dining fun allowing one to sample an assortment of dishes.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fun and fabulousTbh7305VIPDined on 10/19/2014Great food, lively. Menu offered something for everyone or better yet, many choices to share. Meat eaters to vegetarians will be happy. Come hungry. You will want to try many things.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Neighborhood SurpriseJBIRISHDined on 10/13/2014What canone say, walking around the block and finding Buccan is a dream come true. From small plates to full dinners, you can not go wrong. And if sharing is your thing, this is the place for you. A must on any visit to the Palm Beach area, but once is a week thru out the season works for me.Special Features:
- Banker1212Dined on 10/12/2014excellent...was there twice in one weekend. The wait staff was wonderful and even made some suggestions as to what to order...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Changes we hope are not permanentPuggammaVIPDined on 10/11/2014Waitress was horrible, forgot or food we ordered had to wait again, only had one drink and had to ask for another one when she would come around again. Changed music from what it used to be. Horrible we are not 80 years old. So loud you could not hear conversation at your table. Lounge area was full with people not ordering just killing time. This was the worst we have ever seen it. Menu changes neededSpecial Features:
- WHAT? CAN'T HEAR YOU!!GourmetVIPDined on 10/11/2014This was the experience we had with our friends since the restaurant was frenetic, noisy, and expensive....for what it is! While the service was okay, the server indicated the portions were "small plates" but one of the party had a pizza suitable for two or more people. Still, it was a nice experience that we are unlikely to repeat. One of the main reasons, truthfully, is that it is obviously, from what we saw, supposed to be a "happening place" for younger people, and there were all kinds of hardbodies around, but if you're over 50, if you like noise, and unable, literally to hold a conversation, you'll love Buccan!! Good luck!Special Features:
- WOW!SaSaVIPDined on 10/10/2014Clay Conley is masterful with flavors. His food is always superb. Between his ultra delicious and beautifully presented fare, his wine and beverage list, and his superior team of staff, Buccan has the WOW factor EVERY time.Special Features:
- No complaints - excellent foodGregInFTLDined on 10/4/2014I took my girlfriend here for her birthday. We had an 8:30pm reservation on 10/4/14. We had a few drinks at the bar and were quickly seated once I let them know we were ready to sit(probably around 30 minutes early for our res). Service was good, but the food was phenomenal. We had the short-rib empanandas, pork tacos and the hog fish. Everything was delicious, but the hog fish was the best fish dish I've had. So flavorful. I highly recommend it. All in all, it was a great meal and I would definitely repeat.Special Features:
- Good- hoping for betterOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/4/2014The place is conveniently located. The food was very diverse, we had many items, all tapas style, the conch ceviche was overpowered with citrus as was the kale salad, we also had the empanadas- they were the best! The calamari was just Ok. We may give it another try as we heard better things about the restaurant than what we experienced.Special Features:
- Friday Nightdine4funDined on 10/3/2014The first time I went there it was a Tuesday night celebrating my birthday on a date. I thought the p'ace was romantic, great service, good wine and food. Second time was a Friday night with a business friend, my first comment of the night was "wow is noisy", there was a DJ, much more people waiting for tables and servers looked obviously more busy and stressed. Regarless, I had a good time excepto for the noise; food and service is excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- foodie3Dined on 10/3/2014We have eaten at Buccan many times and every single time it is a great experience. Clay Conley is a very talented chef. Aways a great experience.Special Features:
- Spicy and Hotloveroffood777Dined on 10/2/2014food was toooo spicy for our liking.But it was very fresh and tasty.We found the restaurant also too noisy. The Service was EXCELLENT,even for us Palm Beachers,we were impressed by the friendly and courteous service by Norman our waiter.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very tastyChitownfoodieDined on 10/2/2014I have been to Buccan twice now, once with a large group and once for a date night with my husband. I really enjoy small plates and Buccan did not disappoint on either occasion. Overall the food was great. The menu is interesting for foodies and the wine list has something for everyone. We especially enjoyed the tuna tostada and the steak tartare. The dining room was a little loud, but overall we enjoyed the energy of the place. Service was very attentive. The menu prices are about what you would expect for Palm Beach but I have had equally good meals at similar restaurants that were not quite so expensive, so this will remain a special occasion place for us. It would be very difficult to spend less than $100 per person.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Can't be beatOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/29/20143rd or so time at Buccan and it never disappoints. Food was great and all bottles of wine were 1/2 price! We had a great barolo and too many dishes to name, all of which were fantastic. Not to be missed!!Special Features:
- InovativelovagedinersDined on 9/28/2014On our first visit to Buccan, we were very impressed! The food was amazing, our server Mike was one of the best we have had, the selections were creative, and we loved the "small plates," as we couldn't narrow down our choices. We will definitely go back.Special Features:
- Fun night in palm beachDevaney68Dined on 9/27/2014Despite a very quiet night in palm beach in September, Buccan had a lively spirit. The service was great, food was good and interesting and atmosphere was lively. A great night.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Night outSpookDined on 9/26/2014Vibrant bar scene. Good entrees but the tapas are delicious and easily make a meal. Great for groups or a special date.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.