350 South County Road
Palm Beach, FL 33480Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.buccanpalmbeach.com/
- Phone: 5618333450
- Hours of Operation:
M-Th: 4:00pm* - 11:00pm (bar open until 1:00am) Fri: 4:00pm* - 12:00am (bar open until 1:00am) Sat: 5:00pm - 12:00am (bar open until 1:00am) Sun: 5:00pm until 10:00pm (bar open until 12:00am)
*Limited menu from 4:00pm until 5:00pm, happy hour until 7:00pm.
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Contemporary American, Tapas / Small Plates
- Executive Chef: Clay Conley
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Cafe, Chef's Table, Counter Seating, Entertainment, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Wine, Wine Bar
- Entertainment: DJ every friday night 9-1
- Special Events: Every monday night 1/2 price on all wines by the bottle
A word from Buccan
Buccan (pronounced boo-cahn) is a restaurant, bar and lounge in the heart of Palm Beach. The concept, conceived by acclaimed Miami Chef Clay Conley, is primarily a high-end bistro, featuring progressive American cuisine, in a casually sophisticated setting. The predominant characteristic of buccan's menu is a changing array of small plates - highlighting the use of superior ingredients and preparation - offering an adventurous and memorable dining experience. Guests are welcome for a quick bite at the bar, a specialty cocktail in the lounge, or for a long, leisurely evening.Continued
Visit our web page for more information, updates and special events.
Visit our web page for more information, updates and special events.
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
- Diners' Choice WinnerContemporary American
Buccan - Best Restaurants in Palm Beach ›
Buccan reviews from OpenTable diners
107 reviews since May 2, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelEnergetic
fit for foodies (91)hot spot (60)special occasion (50)neighborhood gem (42)vibrant bar scene (40)notable wine list (31)good for groups (30)romantic (24)late-night find (11)great for brunch (8)great for lunch (7)kid-friendly (6)scenic view (1)Show More
- Very goodEmilycaprice2014Dined on 8/26/2014Great spot w odd menu items that make it unique. Hot dog panini is one. Tapas style food so u can share many choices. Tables r really small and close together though which I don't prefer.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- one of the bestBobcatDined on 8/25/2014We go back to Buccan over and over. They have an eclectic menu- mostly small plates. Two small plates is enough for most folks. Seafood tacos, spicy pork taco, empanadas, outstanding pizza margarita - even a hot dog panini which my friend swear by. Go on a Monday night for 1/2 price bottles of wine. Finally the service is always A1. We'll be back.Special Features:
- Buccan heavenOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/24/2014Has a great atmosphere and is more enjoyable during the off-season. The small plates and desserts are outstanding. Of special note: the warm Brussels sprouts Caesar salad and the carrot cake. Truly innovative cuisine that presents comfort food in nouvelle cuisine portions.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing dinnerMeganVIPDined on 8/20/2014Met up with a friend for dinner at Buccan. Great service and wonderful food. Menu often changes because they use as many locally grown ingredients as possible. We had the pork belly, empanada, veal pasta, and burger. All of it was delicious, but don't skip their pastas or the empanada! We also loved the Elderflower Swizzle cocktail!Special Features:
- Buccan is amazing!!Phoenix4819VIPDined on 8/17/2014We had dinner last night at Buccan, and it far exceeded our expectations. The service was attentive yet not at all intrusive. The waiter took the time to describe many of the menu items to us and was obviously very knowledgeable. The food was absolutely fabulous!! The appetizer, the salad, and the main course were all superb. We were very, very pleased, and we will definitely return to Buccan whenever we are in Palm Springs. Thanks for a wonderful evening!!Special Features:
- Fried Chicken on Sunday!LIEKVIPDined on 8/10/2014Great 3 course meal for $35.00. Second there for the fried chicken. Delicious and I was never a fried chicken lover!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 8/8/2014Fun place with great food , reminds me of the HamptonsSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dinner for twoEatingoutDined on 8/7/2014excellent from start to finish. On a previous visit I had commented on the hostess being disinterested and unwelcoming, this time it was quite different - friendly and welcoming. The "Welcome Back" was a great touch. Server was knowledgeable and very effective, gave good descriptions and good guidance on ordering. The food was really exceptional, each dish was beautifully executed and very easy to eat. Overall quality was outstanding. Wines by the glass are mediocre and overpriced, e.g $10 for a Malbec which costs less than $10 a bottle, yet is the only choice in a hearty red.Special Features:
- Brilliant ChefNJM61Dined on 8/7/2014The food is magnificent, service impeccable and ambiance delightful!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/5/2014Excellent food. Very friendly and knowledgable staff. Can't wait to go back.Special Features:
- RTseVIPDined on 7/28/2014The portions are very large. The Ratatouille, Mexican Corn, Squid Ink Orecchiette, and the Brussel Caesar were excellent.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 7/28/2014Always very good - great ambience, attentive service - great dishes - brussel sprout salad, kale salad, meat lovers pizza, short rib empanada, ricotta gnocchi - a meal for 4! Nice wine list - all very thoughtfully and well done.Special Features:
- AwesomeFantasticDined on 7/28/2014Everything about this place is tremendous. Brussels Sprout Caesar is a must have!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 7/24/2014I celebrated my 65th birthday at Buccan and it was really wonderful. We all loved the food and the wine we ordered was sensational. If I lived in Palm Beach, I would be there all of the time, but alas, I don't. Hope to make it back there sometime before too long. Our server was absolutely lovely…..very helpful and professional.Special Features:
- Great FoodbobbyboyDined on 7/15/2014Don't miss the kale salad and the brussels sprouts caesar salad. Oh, did I mention the hot dog panini.Special Features:
- fantastic, creative foodjupiterfoodieDined on 7/14/2014Buccan is my favorite restaurant. Everything on the menu is terrific. This time snapper sliders were new and they were incredible. The snapper was perfectly grilled, placed on buttery, toasted brioche with chipotle aoli and slaw. So good! Mondays are 50% off bottles of wine so go on Mondays. Make a reservation as it is crowded even off season.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very nice restaurant... worth a tryOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/13/2014Very creative dishes but portions are relatively small. Great ambiance and good service but it's a little pricey for what you get. Keep in mind that this is Palm Beach so it's in line with other restaurants on the island. Overall, it's a very nice place for a special occasion. Worth a visit and I would go back again.Special Features:
- Fun Place, Eclectic MenuZerfDined on 7/13/2014Our visit to Buccan this occasion was the third time my wife and I , (adult children with us twice), have dined here. My wife was particularly interested in trying out the "fried chicken special" on Sundays. She was not disappointed although the chicken was not your typical "fried" presentation. Not surprising for Buccan. The lightly breaded and probably pan fried version was moist and tasty. The sides, coleslaw, mashed potatoes and cheese biscuits were equally delicious. My small plates were diverse and pleasant. My favorite dish was the grilled octopus salad. It's a fun lively place to visit for a casual night out for something different. PS, our waitress Cecelia was very good. We will visit again.Special Features:
- FanasticVailSkier2014Dined on 7/8/2014At the recommendation of a nearby resident, we tried Buccan. Simply put they have great food. Our group of four sampled at least 7 plates, tea, coffee and two deserts. All were excellent. And the delivery was amazingly quick for the quality. I estimated the restaurant to be about half full at 9 pm on a Tuesday. This is now on our return list when we are in the area.Special Features:
- 5 starBobcatDined on 7/7/2014Buccan specialises in small plates. Snapper slider, pulled pork taco etc. All are great. Monday night 50% off bottles of wine! The service is impeccable, simply the best. Enjoy.Special Features:
- Wow, great small plates!JulieZDined on 7/6/2014Just loved the food and wine. We will go back whenever we are in the area in the future. The small plates were great and a good way to try many different tastes. The pastas were to die for one was better than the next. Great wine list and drinks. Our waiter was outstanding and informative about the dishes. My only complant is that they keep the place at the tempature of a meat locker, it was a little cold for me. I usually like that as I am always warm but this was just a little too cold but that won't stop us from returning as the food and service out shown the cold. We had seen Buccan on Emeril's Florida and was not dispointed in his review. We had wanted to try it's sister Imoto but it was closed so we will try next time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent from start to endCooperDined on 6/30/2014Great and tasty food, excellent service. Can't go wrong.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- New favoriteOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 6/30/2014Perfect portion sizes (small plates) allows you to try many of their delicious offerings. Half price wine bottles on Mondays was a nice surprise. Our server was delightful and acted like she enjoyed her job. We'll go back soon and often!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best in Palm BeachMJD523VIPDined on 6/29/2014This is by far my favorite restaurant in Palm Beach. We go back every time we are in town and only gets better with each visit.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Impeccable!BreezyDined on 6/29/2014From start to finish, every course and every dish was impeccable! Complex flavor combinations that excite the palate. This is probably the tenth time I've dined at Buccan and it "wows" me each time. Chef Clay is one of the best around! We always request server Francisco because his energy and enthusiastic aura really add to the experience- love him! Still reminiscing the meal and can't wait to return.Special Features:
- Wonderful!58foodieDined on 6/29/2014This was the finest dining experience we have ever had, from beginning to end! Thank you for the inventive, delicious menu and outstanding service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding TapasSouthernCommandVIPDined on 6/29/2014First rate in every way. My only negative is the six hour drive from south Georgia to get to the restaurant!Special Features:
- I don't like doing this.OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 6/28/2014And the reason? It will only make it harder to get a reservation. Wonderful place and my favorite restaurant in Palm Beach County. The food is so good and the vibe is so good.Special Features:
- Great!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/21/2014We went for a birthday and it was fantastic. We were seared at the chefs table which was a fun experience. Our server mike was greatSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always the best!!Foodie13Dined on 6/17/2014Buccan never disappoints! The food is always fantastic and exciting. We were celebrating our anniversary and the server did an amazing job recognizing it and even put a candle in the dessert we ordered. He made our night! We'll be back soon!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Experience!ImpatientFoodieVIPDined on 6/12/2014In town for a conference and took the family to Bucccan. We split numerous dishes and all were very good. The spicy pork tacos, the mahi sliders, and the lobster pasta were amazing! Service was friendly and attentive. Place gets loud when it gets crowded, but overall a great dining experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding food!KW482Dined on 6/10/2014The food is delicious. We love to order a few of the small plates. We had 4 and all were outstanding! It is a real treat. Wish they had a Buccan up North.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SpeedVIPDined on 6/10/2014Warm brussel ceasar outstanding! The milk and cookies dessert was definitely a highlight. The service was friendly and helpful. A great night!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DinnerEatingoutDined on 6/5/2014My wife and I had dinner at Buccan on a Thursday evening out of season. The hostess was aloof and distant, which was a poor start, after that it got dramatically better. The waiter was knowledgeable and helpful, professional and attentive. the food, we shared a series of small plates, was outstanding, each dish better than the one before. Despite its title the Grouper Slider was absolutely excellent. The only negative was the price and selection of wines by the glass. The Malbec and Sauvignon Blanc were both mediocre for their type, and very overpriced at $10 and $12 respectively. Much better choices are readily available for $8 to $12 a bottle in the stores, so for these wines $6 a glass would have been acceptable.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 6/2/2014One of the best dining experiences ever - and I have had some great ones. The ambiance, service and of course the food were all amazing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Chef's Table!AnnBVIPDined on 6/1/2014We've been to buccan several times before, but this time, we really lucked out and were seated at the chef's table. Best seats in the house!!Special Features:
- Fantastic!ZRangDined on 6/1/2014One of the best dinners I have had...and I am from New Orleans, a foodie heaven. The steak tartar and tuna tostada are a must for starters. Squid Ink Orecchiette, Spicy Port Tacos and Mushroom Pizza were delicious. All was perfectly paired with the wine recommended by our waiter. The atmosphere is great and perfect for people watching. If in West Palm, this spot is a must.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Buccan is amazing!!Jenl211Dined on 5/31/2014It's honestly the best restaurant I've ever been to in America!!Special Features:
- Great night outlove2dineDined on 5/27/2014Sensational food and outstanding service! All I am looking for when I want to go out for a nice dinner.Special Features:
- Loved it!StaciVIPDined on 5/25/2014We make it a point to hit Buccan every trip to Palm Beach- it is a must do!!! The gnocchi is killer!Special Features: