350 South County Road
Palm Beach, FL 33480Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.buccanpalmbeach.com/
- Phone: 5618333450
- Hours of Operation:
M-Th: 4:00pm* - 11:00pm (bar open until 1:00am) Fri: 4:00pm* - 12:00am (bar open until 1:00am) Sat: 5:00pm - 12:00am (bar open until 1:00am) Sun: 5:00pm until 10:00pm (bar open until 12:00am)
*Limited menu from 4:00pm until 5:00pm, happy hour until 7:00pm.
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Contemporary American, Tapas / Small Plates
- Executive Chef: Clay Conley
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Cafe, Chef's Table, Counter Seating, Entertainment, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Wine, Wine Bar
- Entertainment: DJ every friday night 9-1
- Special Events: Every monday night 1/2 price on all wines by the bottle
A word from Buccan
Buccan (pronounced boo-cahn) is a restaurant, bar and lounge in the heart of Palm Beach. The concept, conceived by acclaimed Miami Chef Clay Conley, is primarily a high-end bistro, featuring progressive American cuisine, in a casually sophisticated setting. The predominant characteristic of buccan's menu is a changing array of small plates - highlighting the use of superior ingredients and preparation - offering an adventurous and memorable dining experience. Guests are welcome for a quick bite at the bar, a specialty cocktail in the lounge, or for a long, leisurely evening.Continued
Visit our web page for more information, updates and special events.
Visit our web page for more information, updates and special events.
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Service
Buccan - Best Restaurants in Palm Beach ›
Buccan reviews from OpenTable diners
127 reviews since July 2, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelEnergetic
fit for foodies (93)hot spot (81)special occasion (50)neighborhood gem (44)vibrant bar scene (44)good for groups (36)notable wine list (34)romantic (19)late-night find (16)great for lunch (6)kid-friendly (5)great for brunch (4)scenic view (1)great for outdoor dining (1)Show More
- Sunday DinnerAnnBVIPDined on 10/26/2014Went to Buccan for dinner this past Sunday night. Everything was great from start to finish!Special Features:
- Small plates are my favoriteOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/23/2014Lots to choose from and the timing of the delivery was great I never felt rushedSpecial Features:
- Great Dining ExperienceLamboDined on 10/22/2014The food, service personnel and atmosphere is wonderful and we very much enjoy that part of our dining experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic meal at BuccanFoodieDined on 10/22/2014We had a wonderful night out with friends. The food is creative and delicious at Buccan. The service was outstanding too.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FinedinningtourDined on 10/22/2014Great as usual- the food was delicious, staff friendly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Hot spot!CruisinggalDined on 10/21/2014Specialize in small plates and sharing. Excellent flavor and fun. This is a hot spot!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Thank you for the nice evening !SebandCaroDined on 10/21/2014the food and the service is really good. We took our time and they did not rush us. We ordered a plate and finished it before ordering the oder one. We shared it to taste a maximum of them ! I highly recommand this restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Eloquent but...OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/20/2014LOUD, very tight, constantly bumped by staff and patrons (relative to configuration of tables). Food was good with the exception of "gritty" scallops which I would attribute to sand. Otherwise the service was fantastic, immediate service, friendly, and exacting. Food was prepared to individual requests, cocktails were mixed as desired, and again the staff was impeccable.Special Features:
- SpeedVIPDined on 10/20/2014Borderline Michelin star! Service very friendly and helpful. Small plates make dining fun allowing one to sample an assortment of dishes.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fun and fabulousTbh7305VIPDined on 10/19/2014Great food, lively. Menu offered something for everyone or better yet, many choices to share. Meat eaters to vegetarians will be happy. Come hungry. You will want to try many things.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Banker1212Dined on 10/12/2014excellent...was there twice in one weekend. The wait staff was wonderful and even made some suggestions as to what to order...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Changes we hope are not permanentPuggammaVIPDined on 10/11/2014Waitress was horrible, forgot or food we ordered had to wait again, only had one drink and had to ask for another one when she would come around again. Changed music from what it used to be. Horrible we are not 80 years old. So loud you could not hear conversation at your table. Lounge area was full with people not ordering just killing time. This was the worst we have ever seen it. Menu changes neededSpecial Features:
- WHAT? CAN'T HEAR YOU!!GourmetVIPDined on 10/11/2014This was the experience we had with our friends since the restaurant was frenetic, noisy, and expensive....for what it is! While the service was okay, the server indicated the portions were "small plates" but one of the party had a pizza suitable for two or more people. Still, it was a nice experience that we are unlikely to repeat. One of the main reasons, truthfully, is that it is obviously, from what we saw, supposed to be a "happening place" for younger people, and there were all kinds of hardbodies around, but if you're over 50, if you like noise, and unable, literally to hold a conversation, you'll love Buccan!! Good luck!Special Features:
- WOW!SaSaVIPDined on 10/10/2014Clay Conley is masterful with flavors. His food is always superb. Between his ultra delicious and beautifully presented fare, his wine and beverage list, and his superior team of staff, Buccan has the WOW factor EVERY time.Special Features:
- No complaints - excellent foodGregInFTLDined on 10/4/2014I took my girlfriend here for her birthday. We had an 8:30pm reservation on 10/4/14. We had a few drinks at the bar and were quickly seated once I let them know we were ready to sit(probably around 30 minutes early for our res). Service was good, but the food was phenomenal. We had the short-rib empanandas, pork tacos and the hog fish. Everything was delicious, but the hog fish was the best fish dish I've had. So flavorful. I highly recommend it. All in all, it was a great meal and I would definitely repeat.Special Features:
- Good- hoping for betterOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/4/2014The place is conveniently located. The food was very diverse, we had many items, all tapas style, the conch ceviche was overpowered with citrus as was the kale salad, we also had the empanadas- they were the best! The calamari was just Ok. We may give it another try as we heard better things about the restaurant than what we experienced.Special Features:
- Friday Nightdine4funDined on 10/3/2014The first time I went there it was a Tuesday night celebrating my birthday on a date. I thought the p'ace was romantic, great service, good wine and food. Second time was a Friday night with a business friend, my first comment of the night was "wow is noisy", there was a DJ, much more people waiting for tables and servers looked obviously more busy and stressed. Regarless, I had a good time excepto for the noise; food and service is excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- foodie3Dined on 10/3/2014We have eaten at Buccan many times and every single time it is a great experience. Clay Conley is a very talented chef. Aways a great experience.Special Features:
- Spicy and Hotloveroffood777Dined on 10/2/2014food was toooo spicy for our liking.But it was very fresh and tasty.We found the restaurant also too noisy. The Service was EXCELLENT,even for us Palm Beachers,we were impressed by the friendly and courteous service by Norman our waiter.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very tastyChitownfoodieDined on 10/2/2014I have been to Buccan twice now, once with a large group and once for a date night with my husband. I really enjoy small plates and Buccan did not disappoint on either occasion. Overall the food was great. The menu is interesting for foodies and the wine list has something for everyone. We especially enjoyed the tuna tostada and the steak tartare. The dining room was a little loud, but overall we enjoyed the energy of the place. Service was very attentive. The menu prices are about what you would expect for Palm Beach but I have had equally good meals at similar restaurants that were not quite so expensive, so this will remain a special occasion place for us. It would be very difficult to spend less than $100 per person.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Can't be beatOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/29/20143rd or so time at Buccan and it never disappoints. Food was great and all bottles of wine were 1/2 price! We had a great barolo and too many dishes to name, all of which were fantastic. Not to be missed!!Special Features:
- InovativelovagedinersDined on 9/28/2014On our first visit to Buccan, we were very impressed! The food was amazing, our server Mike was one of the best we have had, the selections were creative, and we loved the "small plates," as we couldn't narrow down our choices. We will definitely go back.Special Features:
- Fun night in palm beachDevaney68Dined on 9/27/2014Despite a very quiet night in palm beach in September, Buccan had a lively spirit. The service was great, food was good and interesting and atmosphere was lively. A great night.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Night outSpookDined on 9/26/2014Vibrant bar scene. Good entrees but the tapas are delicious and easily make a meal. Great for groups or a special date.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fun MealDisappointingVIPDined on 9/25/2014We really enjoyed our small plates dinner. Everything was delicious and it was fun to share multiple dishes. We will definitely return.Special Features:
- differentMollyDined on 9/24/2014Fun,lively venue with interesting food, many choices and outstanding,friendly service. Enjoy the wide variety by sticking with the small plates.Special Features:
- Great foodPbfoodieDined on 9/23/2014This is a great place for palm beach tapas. It's GREAT!!!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A must !!!!Juliarossi17Dined on 9/22/2014Fantastic and delicious restaurant, excellent service, the steak tartar is the best ever ..... all the plates are different and worth to try.Special Features:
- Very nice!XOXODined on 9/21/2014Lovely place, although tables could have been placed further apart. Excellent octopus and calamari dishes. Pork belly - on the chewy, meaty side, but still tasty. Gnocchi - pretty good, but a little muddled. Kale salad is just OK. Burrata is good, but the sauce is cloyingly sweet. Would definitely give Buccan another chance.I would recommend this to a friend.
- LiveliestDined on 9/21/2014Had the summer price fix menu. Could not have been more satisfied. An excellent excellent meal. Service was spot on. Very enjoyable evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Palm Beach Dining at its Best!!!Foodie4lifeDined on 9/19/2014I have been dining at Buccan since it first opened and I'm always impressed. The menu is updated regularly/seasonally to reflect new creations from the chef. The main stsples & favorites are always available. The steak tartare is delectable, the kale salad is a perfect blend of sweet & citrus, the squid ink orrichette is just incredible. The cocktail menu has the perfect accompaniment to your meal whatever your taste. I absolutely adore this restaurant, and the scene is great as well. LOVE LOVE LOVE Buccaan!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Must for Foodies!CakeMamaDined on 9/18/2014Excellent restaurant in Palm Beach! Unusual and exciting menu with the concept of sharing several small plates. The only hard thing was deciding what to eat! It all is exceptional and given a creative flair, with great combinations of flavors. Service is beyond compare...staff is completely knowledgable about all aspects of the menu and they make if comfortable to ask questions.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect find in Palm BeachluluDined on 9/13/2014would return in a second! very happy we discovered this gem. hats off to the designer of the space and to the group bringing this concept to the Island. Perfect local feel, fabulous food, great drinks...overall fun vibe. must have the fish tacos.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best foodie spot in Palm BeachgrizlybearDined on 9/11/2014A nice change from the upscale comfort food that most other Palm Beach restaurants serve. An adventurous menu with some fascinating flavor combinations, and the small plates that make up most of the menu are perfect for sharing and trying out a good number of dishes. Which is what this place is all about. Service was great, and very helpful on the topic of how many dishes to order. There were some large groups the night we went, and the noise level was pretty high, but maybe this wasn't typical. But probably not the place for an intimate diner a deux. It's all about the food.Special Features:
- jps7257Dined on 9/8/2014Just a amazing night. Great food, wine and service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Iro15VIPDined on 9/7/2014Loved this restaurant. The food was excellent and our server was fantastic!Special Features:
- Always greatMissVVDined on 9/1/2014This is our favorite restaurant You can count on good service and excellent foodSpecial Features:
- Buccan vs Cafe BoloudTahiaVIPDined on 8/31/2014Food was creative, well executed. Must make reservations somewhat early. Very good competition for Cafe Boloud.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very goodEmilycaprice2014VIPDined on 8/26/2014Great spot w odd menu items that make it unique. Hot dog panini is one. Tapas style food so u can share many choices. Tables r really small and close together though which I don't prefer.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- one of the bestBobcatDined on 8/25/2014We go back to Buccan over and over. They have an eclectic menu- mostly small plates. Two small plates is enough for most folks. Seafood tacos, spicy pork taco, empanadas, outstanding pizza margarita - even a hot dog panini which my friend swear by. Go on a Monday night for 1/2 price bottles of wine. Finally the service is always A1. We'll be back.Special Features: