170 Bovaird Drive West
Brampton, ON L7A 1A1Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: CAN$31 to CAN$50
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.bucatinirestaurant.com/
- Phone: 9055551212
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Friday: 11:30am - 11:00pm, Saturday: 3:00pm - 12:00am
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Executive Chef: Anthony Kennedy
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Cafe, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Area, Takeout, Wine Bar
A word from Bucatini
At Bucatini restaurant we offer all of the elements to make your dining experience as authentic as you can get, outside of actually being in Italy!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
Bucatini - Best Restaurants in Brampton ›
Bucatini reviews from OpenTable diners
34 reviews since May 20, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (21)neighborhood gem (18)good for groups (13)romantic (13)notable wine list (11)fit for foodies (10)great for lunch (5)great for brunch (4)hot spot (3)kid-friendly (3)vibrant bar scene (2)late-night find (1)great for outdoor dining (1)Show More
- pattilouDined on 9/15/2014Bucatini is an outstanding restaurant and I would highly recommend it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- greetandsmileis123amust12Dined on 9/13/2014The hostess didn't even smile and say anything to us when we walked in, so that was a big turn off for me. She was also our server and she didn't make us feel welcome at all. She didn't even say her name perhaps she was shy, not sure. We waited way too long to get our drink. Food was excellent thou and was served nice and hot. The table was a little small for four people it felt a little cramped next time I would reserve a booth. The owner made us feel so welcome as she came over and asked us if it were the first we had been to Bucatini. She definitely made up for the less than enthusiastic waitress we had. Perhaps she was just having a bad night not sure.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Swordfish!HardtoPleaseDined on 9/6/2014I had the swordfish special - superb. All our party were impressed with the restaurant.Special Features:
- Great Service OK Food tad expensiveAlicatDined on 8/23/2014First of all I would like to say that the service was great! The food was good but not great, especially for the price. The Cost for 2 ppl $74 with tax and tip was $98; 1 app, 2 cocktails, 2 entrees. We had the rice balls (3) with marinara $8 (OK); cocktails $9 each; tomato Seafood linguini $23 (a tad salty but the seafood to pasta ratio was good) and creamy seafood pasta $25 - just OK. Personally preferred Osso Bucco's version of the seafood dishes and to compare prices for what you get Osso was better priced. However they no longer exist but I would give Bucatini another try just because the service was excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- My 23rd birthdayEmilieDined on 8/21/2014Great place with a more modern feel. Food was incredible I had a prime rib and it was amazing. The head chef Anthony even came to the table to wish me a happy birthday and had a special tiramisu for me. The waitress was very friendly and approachable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent for a 65th BD celebrationOlddinerDined on 8/21/2014We will dine here again. We enjoyed the quiet Thursday night experience.Special Features:
- Amazing food and great service!LDA01Dined on 8/17/2014It was a girls night out and we found Bucatini on trip advisor. We were not disappointed. The food was deliecious and fresh and our server was so kind and provided great recommendations.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- PointsMarjoyDined on 8/16/2014Just wondering why open table points are not available at this restaurantSpecial Features:
- Great dining experienceDennyDined on 7/19/2014From the friendly greeting by the Manager, Evie, to the quality of the service and food, you can look forward to a lovely dining experience. The presentation and quality of the food inspired me to ask about their Chef. No need, as the Chef appeared and asked each of the diners how they enjoyed their meals. My meal was the evening special, a wonderful arctic char. We are looking forward to returning in the near future!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Recommeding BucatiniOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/18/2014I enjoyed the whole experience except for the noise level. We were at a large booth with 7 people and it was difficult to hear the people across from me. I liked the energetic feel of the place but if the noise level was just a bit less, I would have liked it even more. The food was excellent and the staff were terrific.Special Features:
- yummyeatsyummyeatsDined on 7/18/2014Amazing place to eat, great service, very relaxing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- CHRMDined on 7/17/2014First time at this restaurant. Very comfortable and relaxing decor. Very good service. Knowledgeable and friendly wait staff. Appetizers very fresh and well seasoned. Main course, Veal Marsala a little salty. Pasta cooked perfectly. Reasonably priced.I would recommend this to a friend.
- LOVE ITPassionForFoodDined on 7/16/2014I visited Bucatini On Wed. July 16, 2014. Experience was incredible. Food was authentic Italian and delicious beyond explanation. Even better, if that is possible, was the service. Owner and her daughter were fantastic. The daughter (Emma?) was our server and made our experience that much better. Will be going back again and again and again and again and....you get the point :)Special Features:
- It was good but priceyOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/16/2014Food was good, but I have to say the busier the restaurant got the noisier it got. I also found it a little pricier than I thought. Very friendly staff.Special Features:
- Great serviceMonalisa1235Dined on 7/16/2014It was a wonderful experience and my sisters birthday was great!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very pleased with the servicefoodfanaticDined on 7/16/2014I always enjoy coming to Bucatini because I adore all of the staff, they all do a wonderful job at making sure we have a good meal and are satisfied. Thank you.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/6/2014WE had a nice Quiet Sunday evening dinner. I found the coffee cups hard to use. They are heavy and the finger hole is too smallSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Another Brampton GemTheatreNFoodDined on 6/19/2014If you have yet to visit Bucatini in Brampton, you don't know what you're missing. Excellent food, great service and the perfect ambience. Whether you're out for a special occasion or just looking for some fine dining, Bucatini fits the bill. From appetizers through desert, it's all on the menu at Bucatini. And there's always the daily specials too! Easy access, good parking, an outdoor patio, and so much more. Put Bucatini on your list of "must " visits!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Still on the fenceHungrylikewolfDined on 6/18/2014We came there curious to see what took over the old Osso Bucco...my meal was okay, a little bland and the portion was on the small side for the price. The decor is very nice and the service was friendly and very welcoming.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Customer ServiceBarryDined on 6/7/2014Upscale Italian menu and decor that one would find in downtown Toronto and not in Brampton. Atmosphere was pleasing and service levels exceeded expectations. Owner visited our table twice asking if everything was to our satisfaction and the waiter provided access to private Wi-Fi without asking. Wine list is not extensive but obviously well chosen by owners for pairing to the menu. Food was fresh and served quickly but seemed to miss Italian regional flavours one might expect for the cost.Special Features:
- Better than most of Bramptons foodluvs2dine24Dined on 5/24/2014Party of three on a Saturday all was good the portions were OK , the taste was above average . The service was good and for Brampton a much needed improvement price was on the higher side about $50 each with tip. I would try again. A solid 3.5*Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Hidden GemSandyDined on 5/23/2014The service and attention we received from our server was beyond compare. Genuine concern for her guests. The food was amazing. Great portion sizes for the price paid and so good. Quiet, relaxed ambience. Could have spent hours there. Will definitely go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 58 reviews are from the Bucatini reviews archive.
- Best Italian Restaurant In PeelFabsDined on 5/10/2014First word the comes to mind is Fabulous.... Evie and her team are just fabulous from the second you step in to the last second you walk out. The food was fantastic we started with the bruschetta. My bf had the Lamb special with veggies and potatoes, while I had the Veal Marsala with penne in tomato sauce. For dessert we had the creme brulee. Our server was lovely she didn't bug us every minute like some servers tend to do and she always had a smile. The highlight of the night is when Evie the manager of the restaurant actually came to the table to check up on us and made show the food was to our liking. I defiantly will be going back.Special Features:
- celebrating Mother's DayJpsmomDined on 5/10/2014We had dinner on Saturday night in celebration of Mother's Day - My husband and I and my 2 children (age 5 ad 10). The food was fantastic - if it pleased my mother in law it can please anyone! I have been there before with some girlfriends and we have never been disappointed in the food. Really appreciated Elvie taking the time to personally talk to her guests!! Nice touch. My son was hesitant about eating here but devoured his meal and said it was the best he has ever had! (except for mom's cooking of course LOL) Suggestion - maybe introduce a few kids meals (was given a large pizza for a 5 yr old and charged $14 for it *cheese and sauce only).Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- WestieDined on 4/26/2014Was a large group there celebrating whatever. Kids running around and servers almost stepping on them. Need more selections for the dessert menu.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Over Priced - Average Food at BesthungryhippoDined on 4/12/2014For a restaurant trying to position itself as fine dining, they need to do a much better job. A fine dining restaurant will pair its sides with the entree rather than serve the same sides for ALL plates. I feel incredibly ripped off that i paid so much money for food that wasn't even as good as what a chain restaurant would offer.Special Features:
- Another gem in BramptonCanadianTravellorDined on 4/10/2014Bucatini's has to be one of top 5 Italian restaurants in Brampton. The chef who was recruited from Italy made our dinner taste like one fine meal from Tuscany. His calamari is top of our list as one of the best we ever had. The subtleness and layering of flavours in his dishes were exquisite. Even as simple as pasta with olive oil and garlic had so much flavour. Highly recommended to all our friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Tucked Away Little Gemtini1809Dined on 4/10/2014I have been there with a friend for both lunch and dinner. The salads were delicious, escpecially the warm spinach and goat cheese with a generous helping of pecans. The main course was fresh, appetizing, visually appealing, and generous. I found the large screen TV's tuned to a hockey game out of place for the ambience of this particular restaurant, but the staff were compliant in turning off the one closest to us when asked. I will definitely go back to enjoy their outdoor patio and affordable menu.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- My overall impression waskrikatDined on 3/27/2014My overall impression was very, very good. I am going to go back.Special Features:
- Best Italian in BramptonjohnkamauDined on 3/8/2014Went there with family to celebrate an occasion - did not disappoint. The owner welcomed us personally and constantly checked up on us. The food was great and they have a bunch of vegetarian options.Special Features:
- Italian food for non ItaliansGinaDined on 3/8/2014Food was ok, not the greatest quality ingredients that the atmosphere and prices would lead you to believe. Timing was off for bringing wine and some drinks were forgotten completely. Desert menu boring and lacking choice.
- Bucatini - "A good find"ShelleyDined on 3/5/2014My friend and I decided to try this new restaurant. The decor was very nice and our waiter, Jimmy was excellent. Jimmy did a great job of describing each of the dishes. His service was very professional. The food was fabulous - and they have a great tomato sauce! Our only suggestion was that the lighting needs to be less bright to provide a little more ambiance.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Italian resto in BramptonJanHDined on 3/1/2014My wife and I celebrated her birthday on Mar 1st. We dined at Bucatini in Brampon, which is the former location of Osso Bucco. Wow! We are very impressed. While we don't get to Brampton much anymore, we will DEFINITELY go back to this restaurant anytime we are close by. Beaufiful, modern decor, friendly professional service (special mention to our server, Costa - he was perfect...very attentive, professional, friendly and knowledgeable), and excellent food. The experience was perfect. We were visited at our table by who we think was the manager (she was very friendly), then by the chef and finally by the owner. Very nice touch. It really felt like they wanted us to enjoy the experience. The food was amazing as well! Excellent jobSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OutstandingfurlanDined on 2/16/2014My wife and I when to dinner on Sunday for the first time at this restaurant. We had an amazing night. The food was incredible, the wine excellent,the service outstanding, the restaurant itself is very clean. We were very impressed. We will defently go back with friends. Great work Bucatini.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Disappointed...DindinDined on 2/14/2014We made reservations for 4pm b/c of Valentine's. Bucatini was empty. When the hostess finally greeted us she immediately told us we had to be out by 5pm. Really? I thought in my head if you want us out fast then serve us fast and we'll be out by 5. The Chef and waiter were nice and took our order. The restaurant looks great inside too bad the hostess totally ruined the whole dining experience! We definitely will not be going there again nor will we recommend this place to our family and friends. By the way, we left around 5pm because we decided to go for dessert elsewhere. For future, do not offer reservations for 4pm if you do not want to receive customers at that time because you will lose potential patrons.
- Still great the second time 'roundOimeigoDined on 2/8/2014I love the ambiance here, up beat, mod, and the food was great. Modern Italian. Evie the manager was welcoming and helpful, and the service was professional. Our waiter had good information about the wines, and helped us pick delicious ones.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best Find in Bramptonjozzy16Dined on 2/8/2014We celebrated my dad's 80th birthday with a group of 8 ranging from 13 - 80 years old. No one complained about the food, the ambience or the service. The service was superior and the food was second to none I've eaten in a Brampton restaurant. In fact, I felt like we were in downtown Toronto. It's nice to know that we have such a fine restaurant in Brampton and we all just can't wait to go back. Keep up the great work Bucatini !!! You really made us feel special on a very special day!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- well worth a visitStanleyDined on 2/1/2014Thoroughly enjoyed the ambiance and the food was excellent. Will definately make a return visit, and more than oneSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Brampton TreasureHardtoPleaseDined on 1/18/2014Fine dining in Brampton is a rare find (unfortuantely) so Bucatini is a treasure.Special Features:
- Friday night outNTRDWDined on 1/17/2014The Italian singer was good, but a little loud for the small size of the dinning room, waitress and hostess were very accommodating, very good antipasto, lots of variety.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.