Buca di Beppo - San Francisco
855 Howard St.
San Francisco, CA 94103Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
Buca di Beppo - San Francisco
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.bucadibeppo.com/
- Phone: 4155437673x
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Thursday: 11:00am - 10:00pm, Friday & Saturday: 11:00am - 11:00pm, Sunday: 11:00am - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Italian, Comfort Food
- Executive Chef: Abel Cuevas
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Our full menu is available for Buca To Go and Delivery. If you're hosting a special occasion or group event at your home, office or a local area reception hall, Buca To Go or Buca Delivery is the perfect choice. Our friendly & professional staff will assist you with your order, arrange a specific pick-up time for Buca To Go or deliver your order ($25 delivery fee applies to deliveries). Plates, napkins, eating & serving utensils and condiments are included. No minimum purchase required. Please allow 3 hours for same-day delivery and call for questions/details about our delivery service area.
- Special Events: Whether you’re celebrating a special occasion, planning a business dinner or having a night out with family and friends, Buca di Beppo is your answer to one fabulous group dining experience! Buca serves authentic Italian family-style meals in an eclectic, vintage setting. Our knowledgeable staff will help organize and plan your group event or meetings with diverse lunch or dinner banquet packages - ideal for groups of 20 or more. Private and semi-private rooms are available.
A word from Buca di Beppo - San Francisco
Buca di Beppo serves authentic Italian cuisine in an eclectic, vintage setting. Our dishes are served family-style, meant to be shared by everyone at the table. Two sizes are available: BUCA SMALL feeds two or more and BUCA LARGE feeds four or more. At Buca, guests delight in our lively atmosphere, enjoy the classic tunes of Frank Sinatra and Dean Martin and admire our decor, including family photos and candid shots of Italian-American icons, such as Sophia Loren and Joe DiMaggio. Our energetic atmosphere, delicious food and friendly staff make Buca di Beppo the perfect place for great Italian food and fun.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerKid Friendly
Buca di Beppo - San Francisco - Best Restaurants in SOMA ›
Buca di Beppo - San Francisco reviews from OpenTable diners
103 reviews since June 2, 2014
- Ambiance3.8Noise LevelModerate
good for groups (84)kid-friendly (48)special occasion (36)great for lunch (20)fit for foodies (16)neighborhood gem (13)great for brunch (6)vibrant bar scene (6)romantic (6)scenic view (3)notable wine list (3)hot spot (2)late-night find (2)great for outdoor dining (1)Show More
- DelightedsfrobDined on 9/24/2014I have been to many restaurants here in San Francisco over several decades and this restaurant never fails to please. Everything from your arrival untill you leave is excellent!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fun TimesNadineDined on 9/20/2014We had a party of 8 Ladies and had a great time. The food was delicious, the server was on it with everything and recommended the right portion size. Thank you :)Special Features:
- How can you go wrong w/ this placeMikeytodDined on 9/19/2014Always amazing. food portions are huge but the leftovers and an excellent treat for breakfast.Special Features:
- Great lunch experienceTastyBudsDined on 9/18/2014My family and I have been customers for many years now (since the children were little). Now that they the're all grown and have their own families each one of us continue to dine at Buca Di Beppo. It is "Go to" restaurant since it has been consistent with the quality and taste of their food and customer service which is excellent!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- incredible!ScottieupDined on 9/15/2014WOW, THIS PLACE IS GREAT! It may seem a little pricy at first but its family style so the portions are big. We got the "4 for $40" deal which coulda feed 6. I took my wife and son here for wife's b-day and it was awsome and more importantly both the wife and kid LIVED IT!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consitent Good ValueJohnKDined on 9/15/2014Buca is always a consistent good value especially if you have one of their promotions. We used the "Feed 4 For $40" and it was more than enough food. We did add the Brownie Sundae desert which is huge so be forewarned.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great for large groupsOmnicolorDined on 9/8/2014We chose Buca specifically because they could handle our fifteen person group, and they did not disappoint. Quick service for such a large group, and we were able to site together in a large room.
- Almost greatOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/6/2014So the thing that caught my date and I off guard was that we were offered garlic cheese bread to start off and we had visited the restaurant before but were never offered this type of bread we thought the bread was complementary since we weren't ask if we would like an appetizer or anything that would at least hint it was not free because it is a bit ridiculous to pay about $15 for bread that we didn't even like or order ourselves willingly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Family styleOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/5/2014Nice place to go in big groups. Definitely noisy not a place for a first date.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Post convention dinnerPCBearDined on 9/5/2014We enjoyed a great informal dinner. The restaurant is a short walk from Moscone Center. We made reservations and we're seated immediately upon arrival. All the dishes were hot and tasty. Comfort food to the max. Our server was very friendly and attentive.Special Features:
- Consistent and easyEdwardDined on 9/4/2014Buca is a chain that provides consistent Italian food at decent prices. I had the lasagna which was ok. Good service and a friendly crowd. I also had a glass of Greystone wine which cost more than the lasagna dinner entrée so watch out for the drink prices. Overall, it was a decent $26 meal (one entrée and one glass of wine), no app or dessert.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not as good as last timeLive2eatDined on 9/3/2014I always order the lunch eggplant parmigiana.I started coming here several years ago and was pleasantly surprised by the size and the crispiness of the lunch portion.It was just about the best I have ever tasted.Over the years the size and quality has gone down.This time I had my worst meal ever.The eggplant parmigiana portion was about half its original size.And it was way over fried.The accompanying spaghetti marinara, the pasta was overcooked, definitely not al dente.The reason we were at the restaurant was for a birthday celebration.This had been such a reliable special occasion place.In the future will have to explore other options.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful Birthday Dinner!cinemaniac91Dined on 9/1/2014I went here on my birthday with a party of 9, and had the best time. Wonderful service throughout, great laughs, and absolutely delicious food! A night I will not soon forget. Thank you Buca di beppo :)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/1/2014Took my daughter for her birthday , we had a great time, service was great, food was okSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good value for a large groupljzcDined on 8/31/2014Food is decent, not spectacular but it's made for large groups and big appetites. We celebrated by son's 12th birthday there as he loves pasta. We had the linguine frutti mare which was good except the pasta was a bit mushy, the calamari, caprese appetizer and the veal saltimbocca. The boys were happy so we were happy. Much better than the last year when we splurged and went to Osteria Coppa in San Mateo. Bad service and hair in the app and the pasta entrée my son ordered.Special Features:
- Great for out of town guestGnatDined on 8/30/2014Our friends came in from Colorado. This is the perfect place to eat & enjoy good food family style. Love it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LuvbooksDined on 8/30/2014The caesar salad I had was a bit disappointing this time. It was lacking in flavor but the rest of the meal was fine.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Musty smell and dirty feelDine4funDined on 8/22/2014Waitress and waiters were sweating and wiping off their sweat in front customers. Didn't get the food ordered right and was charged for a drink that was ordered. The resturant was not comfortable from the seat to the feel of a cramped hole. The food took way to long to arrive 30-40mins. Waitress checked in only twice really quickly. Check took 20mins and another 10 to get food box. Took the food to feed the homeless. Food was not good at all and had a lot left over. I had invited my cousin who is busting from another country. First time in the US and thought thus would have been an impressing resturant. In the ended embarrassed and mortified. We all left hungry. My party would have been better off at pasta pomadoro. Highly don't recommend.Special Features:
- Great find for Italian foodkenmin5Dined on 8/21/2014Great food for the prices with the portions being very adequate as posted for two or four people. Although the room we were in was a bit noisy it was fine for a quick dinnerSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food & great for kids & groupsMBoogieDined on 8/19/2014Met up here with family member in town for work. We have been before and it's great with kids b/c it's typically a loud place, the food is good and everyone always seems to be having a good time (could be the big bottles of wine)Special Features:
- Great lunchwillBbackDined on 8/18/2014We had great lunch here. Foods are delicious, friendly service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Happy group of 9Granof6Dined on 8/16/2014We were glad we had a reservation because Buca was packed. Five of the nine had never been to a Buca before and they were impressed. The salads were very fresh and we enjoyed every dish except the stuffed shells--they weren't very "stuffed". Our favorites were the chicken marsala and the huge meatballs. Our servers did a nice job and we appreciated the group photo they took.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ideal for family foodies in SF.cyn88Dined on 8/16/2014Huge Portions.Served Family Style. Loud Room No Matter Where Your Table Is. Alot Of Staff On Hand...Poorly Trained.Food Is American Flavored.Special Features:
- FoodItalFoodieDined on 8/16/2014I haven't been to Buca di Beppo for a few years. The menu has changed and though most of the food was good the Penne Arrabiate were not very good though the manager offered us something else and we ordered raviolis which were wonderful. The canoli for dessert were not good at all. This was a favorite of ours and they had barely any filling and the filling tasted more like marscapone then ricotta. Over all though we enjoyed the food and the atmosphere is always very pleasant and service is great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Terrible ExperienceLateNightDinerDined on 8/8/2014The quality of service is terrible. Strongly recommend against visiting this restaurant.
- Not great at lunchtimeSFdinerDined on 8/8/2014I remember this place being a lot of fun for groups, especially when drinks are flowing. But for just 3 of us at lunch, it was disappointing. There was no one at the front desk for several minutes when I arrived. I waited for 10 minutes my guests to arrive , only to find out that they had already checked in and been seated and were waiting for me. The food was very mediocre, the service was slow despite it being almost empty. I hope they find a way to re-energize this place because it could still be fun for a group, but I won't go back again for lunch.Special Features:
- Good food, really!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/2/2014I had several years not going to Buca, we went there on Saturday eve and we ordered four different plates, food was so good!!!Special Features:
- Excellent service and great foodfkwokDined on 7/26/2014My wife, daughter and I ate here on 7/26, the night before I as running the SF Marathon again, and the service was great and the food was very good. We had an early reservation and this helped with the quick service as they got busier as the night progressed with lots of hungry marathoners eating there. We would definitely go back if I decide to run SF again.Special Features:
- Lots of Food, Family StyleStampwifeDined on 7/25/2014My husband and I made a reservation after arriving quite hungry for a meeting at the Moscone Center. This restaurant is right across the street. It is a great place for large groups to share courses. There was more than enough food for the 2 of us ordering "small." Service was prompt and attentive. The apple walnut salad was very good. The spaghetti of the signature dish "spaghetti with meatballs" was overcooked. My husband sent it back - 2nd time still overcooked - but the meatballs were large and quite good. We were too full for dessert but I have a feeling if we just ate dessert the food rating above would be higher -the brownie sundae looked fantastic! Never order pasta in a large Italian restaurant and expect "al dente."Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good but can be priceyDotsgirlDined on 7/14/2014When we arrived we thought oh no this isn't going to be good. There was no one in the place. Still we went with it because of good reviews and was led downstairs which revealed a vibrant scene. We had a great waiter and the food was good but $29 for 3 pieces of chicken parm and $10 for a bowl spaghetti seems a lot. Still a good find.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Satisfying MealkgrayDined on 7/6/2014I recommend this place for families. This is not a place to eat alone. They serve hearty and tasty Italian foods. Order the cheesy garlic bread to accompany any entree. The desserts are also worth trying, but be ready to share because they are huge. The service is attentive and friendly. The location is downtown San Francisco, so central to lots of shopping. Parking is limited, so be prepared to pay to park in a lot. The noise level is quiet early in the day, but later in the evening it gets very loud. Almost too loud.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- local favoritelou1234Dined on 7/4/2014good food, good location, great service, highly recommendedSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- good size portion of foodOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/3/2014Food was good; we ordered the chicken marsala and frutti de mare and there was no left. I wish that they have angel hair pasta but it's not a deal breaker. Good for large group.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always Funfun2eatDined on 6/28/2014Had a great time as usual, food terrific as always and the service was pretty good. The one downfall was the noise in the small room when a large party came in. Couldn't hear our own conversation. But we'll be back, just the chance you take.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ServiceAwesomeDined on 6/22/2014We went to celebrate my daughter's birthday. The servers were very personable which made our dining experience so much more enjoyable. She took the time to make sure all of our needs were met and we had a great time. He food was good also.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Server4pickdinersDined on 6/20/2014Been here before and was greatly disappointed by the food and crappy service. Had to be here due to another event at restaurant and was no looking forward to it. However, Jennifer changed most of it. The food is not special but her great patience, knowledge of products and enthusiasm made the experience much more bearable. Food still needs some work in terms of differentiating it from other similar type establishments.
- jimnicfurDined on 6/20/2014Historically speaking the décor was filled with history. However, food nothing to brag about. The salmon dish I had for lunch was hard around the edges and dry. The vegetables were good though.Special Features:
- Consistency CountsJohnKDined on 6/16/2014Buca is always a consistently good pick for high quality Italian food at reasonable prices. The family style is perfect for all groups with portions adequate for any hunger level. Don't forget to leave room for some Tiramisu.Special Features:
- $$$familyDined on 6/15/2014I have eaten there before, but prices have gone up way to high.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great service and foodilike2ndsDined on 6/15/2014Since walking into the restaurant I had made reservations for 16 my party was seated right away. Our waiter was respectful punctual and great food was amazing each family order a large entrée which we were all able to share from each others entrée due to the sizeSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.