Buca di Beppo - San Francisco
855 Howard St.
San Francisco, CA 94103Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
Buca di Beppo - San Francisco
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.bucadibeppo.com/
- Phone: 4155437673x
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Thursday: 11:00am - 10:00pm, Friday & Saturday: 11:00am - 11:00pm, Sunday: 11:00am - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Italian, Comfort Food
- Executive Chef: Abel Cuevas
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Our full menu is available for Buca To Go and Delivery. If you're hosting a special occasion or group event at your home, office or a local area reception hall, Buca To Go or Buca Delivery is the perfect choice. Our friendly & professional staff will assist you with your order, arrange a specific pick-up time for Buca To Go or deliver your order ($25 delivery fee applies to deliveries). Plates, napkins, eating & serving utensils and condiments are included. No minimum purchase required. Please allow 3 hours for same-day delivery and call for questions/details about our delivery service area.
- Special Events: Whether you’re celebrating a special occasion, planning a business dinner or having a night out with family and friends, Buca di Beppo is your answer to one fabulous group dining experience! Buca serves authentic Italian family-style meals in an eclectic, vintage setting. Our knowledgeable staff will help organize and plan your group event or meetings with diverse lunch or dinner banquet packages - ideal for groups of 20 or more. Private and semi-private rooms are available.
A word from Buca di Beppo - San Francisco
Buca di Beppo serves authentic Italian cuisine in an eclectic, vintage setting. Our dishes are served family-style, meant to be shared by everyone at the table. Two sizes are available: BUCA SMALL feeds two or more and BUCA LARGE feeds four or more. At Buca, guests delight in our lively atmosphere, enjoy the classic tunes of Frank Sinatra and Dean Martin and admire our decor, including family photos and candid shots of Italian-American icons, such as Sophia Loren and Joe DiMaggio. Our energetic atmosphere, delicious food and friendly staff make Buca di Beppo the perfect place for great Italian food and fun.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerKid Friendly
Buca di Beppo - San Francisco - Best Restaurants in SOMA ›
Buca di Beppo - San Francisco reviews from OpenTable diners
100 reviews since July 3, 2014
- Ambiance3.8Noise LevelModerate
good for groups (77)kid-friendly (39)special occasion (32)great for lunch (22)fit for foodies (21)neighborhood gem (14)great for brunch (6)romantic (5)late-night find (4)vibrant bar scene (3)great for outdoor dining (2)notable wine list (2)hot spot (2)scenic view (1)Show More
- Wouldn't recommend for late night.YummyEatsVIPDined on 10/25/2014Not a good choice for late night dining. The server had way too many tables and other staff was getting cut. The food was coming out cold because there weren't food runners helping. Not good all around. The server didn't charge us for our apps since they were cold, so they clearly recognized the problems.
- B day dinnersteveVIPDined on 10/24/2014We celebrated a b-day dinner at Buca's. The waiter was new and in training with a trainer shadowing. There were some mis-understanding with our food order where the on duty manger had to fix. The blame shall go to the trainer who was supposed to me watching and correcting mistakes made by the new waiter. The food is great. The price of Tequila is out of range, $13.00 a shot for Patron is way to high. The house wine was a great pair with the pasta dishes.Special Features:
- Family time!SamdamanDined on 10/21/2014The thing I like about Buca is that they're great for large groups and takes reservations in the heart of the city. It's definitely my go to place for group gatherings and larger celebrations.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/18/2014Made reservations and still had to wait 45 minutes. Hostess told us 15 minutes at check-in and it ended up being 45 minutes until we were seated.
- #werunsf#13.1OpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 10/18/2014this definitely helped us to carb up the night before the Nike Women's Half Marathon. Great Service & food. Definitely left with a grocery bag of leftovers!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great for birthday celebrationsLiloneDined on 10/17/2014My family and I came here for a double birthday celebration. Service was great. Portion sizes are huge! We didn't purchase desert because we already had a cake but staff came out with candles and sang happy birthday to our 2 celebrants. :) Great place for large groups & it's family friendly.Special Features:
- Family StyleFritzWBDined on 10/14/2014Crowded, noisy, good food, great service. This family style restaurant was great fun and good value. Portions (for sharing) are large.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bad servicePinkjackieDined on 10/14/2014Our server was not very attentive. Did not bring the correct drinks ordered, waited ages for starters. Other tables that arrived after us were served by a different waiter & received their orders much quickrr
- LOUDGumbyVIPDined on 10/11/2014it was a typical good visit. only issues was we where sate next to a group of Pre teens out for dinner on their own, well really there parents where there but did not want to sit near them. so lucky us... when sitting groups management should train their people to put similar parties together they put us a group of 25 to 40 yea olds surrounded by families of little kids... think about it peopleSpecial Features:
- PerfectsfrobDined on 10/11/2014This restaurant is a wonderful oasis in the city. Everything is perfect. Go during off hours to avoid a wait!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- good but not for a weddingOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/9/2014Didn't make my wedding feel special enough. They made a bigger deal for the guy next to us who had a birthday.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good Value and TasteVioletaDined on 10/5/2014This was our first time to Buca and we (family of 3) really enjoyed ourselves. The food was not only plentiful, it was actually delicious! And even though I was with two men (almost adult teenager and husband who eat a lot), we still had leftovers that were enough for our dinner the following day. Fun place to go as a family or group. However, parking is questionable on Howard Street (homeless folks surround cars parked in front).Special Features:
- MediocrefairwayVIPDined on 10/5/2014Slow service although restaurant not crowded. Not too clean looking. Bland fairly tasteless food served lukewarm. Would not return.
- Amazing!idahomomof4Dined on 10/4/2014Our tour bus guide recommended Buca di Beppo and it was fantastic! Would definetly eat there the next time we visit San Franscisco.Special Features:
- DelightedsfrobDined on 9/24/2014I have been to many restaurants here in San Francisco over several decades and this restaurant never fails to please. Everything from your arrival untill you leave is excellent!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fun TimesNadineDined on 9/20/2014We had a party of 8 Ladies and had a great time. The food was delicious, the server was on it with everything and recommended the right portion size. Thank you :)Special Features:
- How can you go wrong w/ this placeMikeytodVIPDined on 9/19/2014Always amazing. food portions are huge but the leftovers and an excellent treat for breakfast.Special Features:
- Great lunch experienceTastyBudsDined on 9/18/2014My family and I have been customers for many years now (since the children were little). Now that they the're all grown and have their own families each one of us continue to dine at Buca Di Beppo. It is "Go to" restaurant since it has been consistent with the quality and taste of their food and customer service which is excellent!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- incredible!ScottieupDined on 9/15/2014WOW, THIS PLACE IS GREAT! It may seem a little pricy at first but its family style so the portions are big. We got the "4 for $40" deal which coulda feed 6. I took my wife and son here for wife's b-day and it was awsome and more importantly both the wife and kid LIVED IT!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consitent Good ValueJohnKVIPDined on 9/15/2014Buca is always a consistent good value especially if you have one of their promotions. We used the "Feed 4 For $40" and it was more than enough food. We did add the Brownie Sundae desert which is huge so be forewarned.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great for large groupsOmnicolorVIPDined on 9/8/2014We chose Buca specifically because they could handle our fifteen person group, and they did not disappoint. Quick service for such a large group, and we were able to site together in a large room.
- Almost greatOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/6/2014So the thing that caught my date and I off guard was that we were offered garlic cheese bread to start off and we had visited the restaurant before but were never offered this type of bread we thought the bread was complementary since we weren't ask if we would like an appetizer or anything that would at least hint it was not free because it is a bit ridiculous to pay about $15 for bread that we didn't even like or order ourselves willingly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Family styleOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 9/5/2014Nice place to go in big groups. Definitely noisy not a place for a first date.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Post convention dinnerPCBearDined on 9/5/2014We enjoyed a great informal dinner. The restaurant is a short walk from Moscone Center. We made reservations and we're seated immediately upon arrival. All the dishes were hot and tasty. Comfort food to the max. Our server was very friendly and attentive.Special Features:
- Consistent and easyEdwardVIPDined on 9/4/2014Buca is a chain that provides consistent Italian food at decent prices. I had the lasagna which was ok. Good service and a friendly crowd. I also had a glass of Greystone wine which cost more than the lasagna dinner entrée so watch out for the drink prices. Overall, it was a decent $26 meal (one entrée and one glass of wine), no app or dessert.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not as good as last timeLive2eatDined on 9/3/2014I always order the lunch eggplant parmigiana.I started coming here several years ago and was pleasantly surprised by the size and the crispiness of the lunch portion.It was just about the best I have ever tasted.Over the years the size and quality has gone down.This time I had my worst meal ever.The eggplant parmigiana portion was about half its original size.And it was way over fried.The accompanying spaghetti marinara, the pasta was overcooked, definitely not al dente.The reason we were at the restaurant was for a birthday celebration.This had been such a reliable special occasion place.In the future will have to explore other options.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful Birthday Dinner!cinemaniac91Dined on 9/1/2014I went here on my birthday with a party of 9, and had the best time. Wonderful service throughout, great laughs, and absolutely delicious food! A night I will not soon forget. Thank you Buca di beppo :)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/1/2014Took my daughter for her birthday , we had a great time, service was great, food was okSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good value for a large groupljzcDined on 8/31/2014Food is decent, not spectacular but it's made for large groups and big appetites. We celebrated by son's 12th birthday there as he loves pasta. We had the linguine frutti mare which was good except the pasta was a bit mushy, the calamari, caprese appetizer and the veal saltimbocca. The boys were happy so we were happy. Much better than the last year when we splurged and went to Osteria Coppa in San Mateo. Bad service and hair in the app and the pasta entrée my son ordered.Special Features:
- Great for out of town guestGnatDined on 8/30/2014Our friends came in from Colorado. This is the perfect place to eat & enjoy good food family style. Love it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LuvbooksVIPDined on 8/30/2014The caesar salad I had was a bit disappointing this time. It was lacking in flavor but the rest of the meal was fine.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Musty smell and dirty feelDine4funDined on 8/22/2014Waitress and waiters were sweating and wiping off their sweat in front customers. Didn't get the food ordered right and was charged for a drink that was ordered. The resturant was not comfortable from the seat to the feel of a cramped hole. The food took way to long to arrive 30-40mins. Waitress checked in only twice really quickly. Check took 20mins and another 10 to get food box. Took the food to feed the homeless. Food was not good at all and had a lot left over. I had invited my cousin who is busting from another country. First time in the US and thought thus would have been an impressing resturant. In the ended embarrassed and mortified. We all left hungry. My party would have been better off at pasta pomadoro. Highly don't recommend.Special Features:
- Great find for Italian foodkenmin5VIPDined on 8/21/2014Great food for the prices with the portions being very adequate as posted for two or four people. Although the room we were in was a bit noisy it was fine for a quick dinnerSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food & great for kids & groupsMBoogieDined on 8/19/2014Met up here with family member in town for work. We have been before and it's great with kids b/c it's typically a loud place, the food is good and everyone always seems to be having a good time (could be the big bottles of wine)Special Features:
- Great lunchwillBbackDined on 8/18/2014We had great lunch here. Foods are delicious, friendly service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Happy group of 9Granof6Dined on 8/16/2014We were glad we had a reservation because Buca was packed. Five of the nine had never been to a Buca before and they were impressed. The salads were very fresh and we enjoyed every dish except the stuffed shells--they weren't very "stuffed". Our favorites were the chicken marsala and the huge meatballs. Our servers did a nice job and we appreciated the group photo they took.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ideal for family foodies in SF.cyn88VIPDined on 8/16/2014Huge Portions.Served Family Style. Loud Room No Matter Where Your Table Is. Alot Of Staff On Hand...Poorly Trained.Food Is American Flavored.Special Features:
- FoodItalFoodieDined on 8/16/2014I haven't been to Buca di Beppo for a few years. The menu has changed and though most of the food was good the Penne Arrabiate were not very good though the manager offered us something else and we ordered raviolis which were wonderful. The canoli for dessert were not good at all. This was a favorite of ours and they had barely any filling and the filling tasted more like marscapone then ricotta. Over all though we enjoyed the food and the atmosphere is always very pleasant and service is great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Terrible ExperienceLateNightDinerVIPDined on 8/8/2014The quality of service is terrible. Strongly recommend against visiting this restaurant.
- Not great at lunchtimeSFdinerVIPDined on 8/8/2014I remember this place being a lot of fun for groups, especially when drinks are flowing. But for just 3 of us at lunch, it was disappointing. There was no one at the front desk for several minutes when I arrived. I waited for 10 minutes my guests to arrive , only to find out that they had already checked in and been seated and were waiting for me. The food was very mediocre, the service was slow despite it being almost empty. I hope they find a way to re-energize this place because it could still be fun for a group, but I won't go back again for lunch.Special Features: