Buca di Beppo - Winchester
1850 Apple Blossom Drive
Winchester, VA 22601Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
Buca di Beppo - Winchester
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.bucadibeppo.com/
- Phone: 5406678466x
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Thursday: 11:00am - 9:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 11:00am - 10:00pm, Sunday: 11:00am - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Italian, Comfort Food
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Delivery, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Our full menu is available for Buca To Go and Delivery. If you"re hosting a special occasion or group event at your home, office or a local area reception hall, Buca To Go or Buca Delivery is the perfect choice. Our friendly & professional staff will assist you with your order, arrange a specific pick-up time for Buca To Go or deliver your order ($25 delivery fee applies to deliveries). Plates, napkins, eating & serving utensils and condiments are included. No minimum purchase required. Please allow 3 hours for same-day delivery and call for questions/details about our delivery service area.
- Special Events: Whether you’re celebrating a special occasion, planning a business dinner or having a night out with family and friends, Buca di Beppo is your answer to one fabulous group dining experience! Buca serves authentic Italian family-style meals in an eclectic, vintage setting. Our knowledgeable staff will help organize and plan your group event or meetings with diverse lunch or dinner banquet packages - ideal for groups of 20 or more. Private and semi-private rooms are available.
A word from Buca di Beppo - Winchester
Buca di Beppo serves authentic Italian cuisine in an eclectic, vintage setting. Our dishes are served family-style, meant to be shared by everyone at the table. Two sizes are available: BUCA SMALL feeds two or more and BUCA LARGE feeds four or more. At Buca, guests delight in our lively atmosphere, enjoy the classic tunes of Frank Sinatra and Dean Martin and admire our decor, including family photos and candid shots of Italian-American icons, such as Sophia Loren and Joe DiMaggio. Our energetic atmosphere, delicious food and friendly staff make Buca di Beppo the perfect place for great Italian food and fun.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
Buca di Beppo - Winchester - Best Restaurants in Winchester ›
Buca di Beppo - Winchester reviews from OpenTable diners
17 reviews since May 26, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
good for groups (12)special occasion (9)kid-friendly (8)romantic (3)great for brunch (3)great for lunch (3)late-night find (3)neighborhood gem (3)great for outdoor dining (2)fit for foodies (2)notable wine list (1)hot spot (1)Show More
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/20/2014The food was wonderful. We loved every dish we purchased. Overall the service was good. Our waitress did not speak English well so communicating was a bit of a challenge but not a big deal. We figured it out. My husband and I dine at this restaurant frequently, one thing that we always notice is that it takes a while to get a drink from the bar. With our large group on Saturday night it was no exception. It took about 20 minutes to get our beers and wine. We ended up pre-ordering each round of drinks. Other than that everything else was outstanding. Thanks for a great evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- good service, not so good goodlove2eatDined on 9/12/2014The service is good however the foods are not that good. The veal marshals is very sweet to the point that it is dessert sweet and the baked ziti uses penne and dried and hard. We like the food at Gaitherburg's Bucca because they are cooked accordingly and eatable.Special Features:
- The Willows GangRobinDined on 9/3/2014Everyone enjoyed their food! Everyone was really taken with the music and the decor!! A perfect setting for all ages.Special Features:
- GOOD RESTAURANTBELLISIMODined on 8/22/2014FUN RSTAURANT WITH GOOD ITALIAN FOOD IN A VERY DIFFERENT ATMOSPHERESpecial Features:
- The calamari was supburbDonaldDined on 7/4/2014We were a party of four. Your menu items for two or for four didn't appeal to us as we all like to order our favorites which are all different. Also we had printed out several coupons and not a one was acceptable. As senior citizens we take advantage of any savings we can get.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- went the wrong daySuzieQVIPDined on 6/30/2014We love Buca di Beppo in Florida, but this one left us unsatisfied. I hope we were there on a particularly bad service day for them. The food was very slow, and while the employees were very kind and friendly, they were out of the dessert we requested, and forgot to leave the dressing on the side of our salad. The spicy chicken rigatoni was disappointing. I make a better version at home. The sous chef was kind enough to make up for the slow service by giving us a free dessert. We'll come back, and I hope it is tastier and speedier next time!Special Features:
- Very nice eveningPRroseladyDined on 6/20/2014We celebrated Father's Day at Buca with a large group of family members. Food was delicious and service was very good too. I decided to take my husband back that same week because it was his birthday and he loved the stuffed mushrooms! Our friend's birthday was the same day. I made an online reservation for 4. Once again the food was delicious and our server was fantastic! The manager approached our table and gave us some discount coupons because the birthday "girl" and "boy" were too full to have dessert. My only concern is that the entree's do not come with a side dish. Portions are large but side dishes are a bit pricey. However, we will be going back soon! Excellent experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love itkshepardsonDined on 6/15/2014My husband and I discovered you a few months back, and it has now become one of our top 5 favorites. We recommend to anyone! Love the lunch special. So much food! :) Love the atmosphere as well, all the pictures on the wall bring it such character! We just love it there!Special Features:
- Motherof1Momof1Dined on 6/7/2014The food is always very good, and affordable! We actually have eaten at several Buca's, in several different states and all of them have been GREAT!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 40 reviews are from the Buca di Beppo - Winchester reviews archive.
- Great Food, atmospherefoodie413Dined on 5/11/2014The Chicken Carbonara is delicious... the portions are really generous - One Meatball could easily be cut into 4 or more - for sharing... Good, clean, fast service... Nice overall experience each time I have gone. Recommend!!!!!!!!!! LOVE the online reservations!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food poor service.JamesDined on 5/10/2014I found this resturant to be cool and neat with good food and poor service. After ordering a $13 + drink it took 15 min for it to arrive. At least the food was good.Special Features:
- Great for our large groupOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/7/2014We reserved in advance for 9 people. They had the table ready for us with two servers. The servers were great about making suggestions for on food and on serving sizes for our group. The food was wonderful. The only suggestion I would make was that the music was a bit loud so it was harder to hear the conversations going on at the table. Overall a wonderful experience and we will be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Professional DayBosxpressDined on 4/24/2014Had a party of ten for lunch and the food was amazing and the service was great. Had a great time celebrating with people that work all year hard to make our business be the best it can be.Special Features:
- MnMny2vaDined on 4/20/2014The food here is good, reasonably priced and the portions are large. It's "family" style so for 2 people you order one dish and share, 2 dishes for 4, etc. The decor is 50s Italian resturant so it leads to conversations. I wouldn't describe the place as romantic or upscale, but that isn't a bad thing, except maybe for a first date. It's different from other chain Italian restaurants in the area, which they don't capitalize on. They also need to advertise more as they're located in the mall, which isn't common in this town as it is in other areas of the country. I reccommend this restaurant to others and plan on returning in the future.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- TastlessJustinDined on 3/16/2014We had the Chicken Carbonara. Rather tasteless and it seemed as if the spaghetti stuck in your mouth. Very disappointing.
- Chase was the man!TheFamilyWithThatRequestDined on 3/9/2014Chase, the manager, ensured that every single positive aspect of our visit was exceptional and every single negative aspect was remedied and compensated for as immediately as possible. He was ace! That Chase, he's so ace! Go visit his place; stuff food in your face.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BucaMisterrothDined on 3/8/2014We are glad Buca is here in our community, but it has some real opportunities in front of it to be the next "happening" place.Special Features:
- Maybe it's the mall location...LoudounclearDined on 3/4/2014The service was great and food was fine but it was full of small children, loud children, and it's not a quiet restaurant to begin with...perhaps it's the mall location that attracts shoppers (with already tired/cranky kids) and lunch crowd. Will try again at dinner or request a table away from a lot of small children.Special Features:
- Great tasting food huge portionsComadreDined on 3/2/2014Visited to celebrate hubby's birthday. Service was slow although the restaurant was not busy. Food was great as always. Large portions and large desserts. server was not knowledgeable about current email specials and took a while to sort out. Overall the delicious food makes up for the slow service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Extraordinary diningOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 2/28/2014I really like Buca. I love the pictures on the wall. They create a family atmosphere and a warm energy. The staff is energetic and pleasant. We enjoyed dining at "The Popes Table". It helped to create the "special occasion atmosphere" we needed for celebrating our family gathering.Special Features:
- Great Family-Style experiencepchallDined on 2/15/2014This is the 2nd 'Buco" I've been to and the experience is always the same. Great food and service. The perfect place for large groups.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Reservation/Wait TimeEBGLODined on 2/15/2014I made a reservation online. I contacted the restaurant to confirmed my reservation and to requested a booth because I would have my niece and son with us. She informed me that it was taken care of. We check in to reservation. The host took us to our table and we were not given a booth. I informed the host that I had contacted earlier to request a booth because I had two kids.They did not have a booth available. We stayed at our seats where we were given. Our waiter took our of drinks and food. My and son drink 's were serve but not my husband and niece. It took about 20 minutes to get there's after the food was already served. At that point I was very disappointed. We order desert. It also took 30 minutes to get served.Special Features:
- Better have a thick wallet!RomaticatheartDined on 2/15/2014We knew Buca was family style, but geesh! First of all, it took 15 minutes before we were even acknowledged by the wait staff. Five servers walked right by our table. FINALLY, our server came to take drink orders. I don't think she was supposed to be our server, but she felt badly for us. She was definitely polite and helpful. The prices are astronomical! $20 for a plate of baked ziti that costs probably $3-4 to make?!?! And $15 for salad! It's free at Olive Garden...and everyone can get what they want there. At Buca, you feel trapped by your party. Everyone has to agree on what they want or you're going to spend a fortune. Even my 10 year old daughter said, "I don't think this is a very good concept for a restaurant." I COMPLETELY agree!Special Features:
- BUCAOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 2/14/2014This was my first time visting this restaurant. I decided to take my girlfriend there for valentine's day and I wouldn't have chosen a better place to do this. The waitress Debra was an absolute dream and she helped us through the way that their restaurant ordered their food. Overall it was a great experience and my girlfriend will definitely never forget it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Went for Valentines Day- IOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 2/14/2014Went for Valentines Day- I had a reservation/. I thought the staff was professional and our server "Sharon" was simply outstanding.Special Features:
- Large family mealMomoftwinsDined on 2/14/2014Had two families which included 5 children under 6 and a baby. Service was slow. Took over an hour to get the food and then the children's meal was incorrect and the pasta was overcooked. The food was good overall. Server just didn't seem to be organized or prepared to handle a group of this size with children. Not sure that we will go back to this Buca. Have been to others were the food was excellent and great service.
- I like the family style dishesroosterDined on 2/14/2014I like the family style dishes and the different type of dishes that are offered. This time was a very busy night and the appetizer arrived after the main dishes, then the salad arrived during the main dishes. The waiter apologized for the mix up and had the manager come over and talk with us. He did take the appetizer off of our bill. The waiter was very busy and we felt he was overwhelmed. The service was okay. Also make sure you ask for bread the first visit we did not know about this and thought we had to pay for the garlic bread. This visit we asked for bread and got the "house" bread for free. I would like to try this place one more time.Special Features:
- Group of 12VernDined on 2/9/2014We went to celebrate my nieces birthday. Great food and great serviceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Terrible waitressWinchesterDined on 2/7/2014Our waitress was very rude and would not accommodate our group. In addition, the "family style" did not suite us as our group had an odd number of members and therefore one person had to purchase a meal for 2.Special Features:
- The food was excellent! ServicebirthdaydinerDined on 2/7/2014The food was excellent! Service was very good although it took the food awhile to come out. Being new with new staff that should get better.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Probably won't go back. ItKMROSEDined on 1/17/2014Probably won't go back. It was just 2 of us and we were confused by the menu. The salad was mainly lettuce with 1 olive and 2 peppers. My friend had pasta which was way too much for her and I had stuffed mushrooms that seemed uncooked.Special Features:
- Basic with no flairSTS5Dined on 1/12/2014Food was so very basic and bland. Bread was terrible. Not worth the price at all. Wont be back.
- Yummy!LuvItalianDined on 1/11/2014I have visited Buca di Beppo twice now, and thoroughly enjoyed it both times. The lasagne is the most true Italian taste we have ever had! The atmosphere is cozy and fun!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First timeOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 1/10/2014A small group of us went to enjoy dinner. I didn't know it was a family style restaurant but it was a fun time. The food was great and. very large portions!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 2nd monthwllsDined on 1/5/2014Given a table way too small. Food was marginal. Service was poor. Very disappointed. Had heard great things from other locations.Special Features:
- Saturday nightOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 1/4/20141st time on Saturday night. It was busy. Learning the family style menu. We had a good time. Will go backSpecial Features:
- Italian home styleOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 1/4/2014This restaurant was located in a mall, and therefor we thought fast food. Even though this is a chain, it felt like A smaller restaurant in little Italy, NYC. The food was excellent, but be careful because portions are family style, and very substantial.Special Features:
- Quality of food declininghoneypotDined on 1/3/2014I have visited this restaurant chain over the years in various areas where I have lived and traveled including Columbus OH, Buffalo NY, Pittsburgh PA and now Winchester VA. I have noticed the quality of the food is not what I remember and the value of the price, especially on the appetizers, is not what people would expect. The cheesy garlic bread was over priced for the portion received....in the future if I visit, I will just ask for more of the free bread brought to the table. The fettucine Alfredo was disappointing and not nearly as good as other places, like Olive Garden. There was not enough of the alfredo sauce in proportion to the fettucine pasta and appeared rather dry. The baked ziti was also dry and could have used more sauce.Special Features:
- Opening Jitters remainYanniDined on 1/3/2014It is clear that the opening of a new restaurant is not without its challenges! We waited about 25 minutes for our reservation and service thereafter was sporadic. We advised Nathan, our server, that we had theater tickets, and he did his best to make up for the late seating. On the + side, everyone was apologetic to the point that one of our party said, "If only they'd stop apologizing and get us our drinks!" It took 3 tries to get the drinks right. Children's plates came out before our salads, so they were finished eating well before our entrees arrived. iPads to the rescue. The food was great, as usual for BdB. Service was pleasant if unpredictable. We made it to the theater with seconds to spare. We will be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Italian YesWesleyDined on 12/31/2013Authentic Italian dishes at great prices with group size portions. I would absolutely recommend this place to anyone who enjoys exquisite food an fantastic atmosphere.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.