Buca di Beppo - Wheeling
604 N. Milwaukee Avenue
Wheeling, IL 60090Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
Buca di Beppo - Wheeling
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.bucadibeppo.com/locations/location1302.aspx
- Phone: (847) 808-9898
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Thursday: 11:00am - 10:00pm, Friday & Saturday: 11:00am - 11:00pm, Sunday: 11:00am - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Italian, Comfort Food
- Executive Chef: Israel Romero
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Our full menu is available for Buca To Go and Delivery. If you're hosting a special occasion or group event at your home, office or a local area reception hall, Buca To Go or Buca Delivery is the perfect choice. Our friendly & professional staff will assist you with your order, arrange a specific pick-up time for Buca To Go or deliver your order ($25 delivery fee applies to deliveries). Plates, napkins, eating & serving utensils and condiments are included. No minimum purchase required. Please allow 3 hours for same-day delivery and call for questions/details about our delivery service area.
- Special Events: Whether you’re celebrating a special occasion, planning a business dinner or having a night out with family and friends, Buca di Beppo is your answer to one fabulous group dining experience! Buca serves authentic Italian family-style meals in an eclectic, vintage setting. Our knowledgeable staff will help organize and plan your group event or meetings with diverse lunch or dinner banquet packages - ideal for groups of 20 or more. Private and semi-private rooms are available.
A word from Buca di Beppo - Wheeling
Buca di Beppo serves authentic Italian cuisine in an eclectic, vintage setting. Our dishes are served family-style, meant to be shared by everyone at the table. Two sizes are available: BUCA SMALL feeds two or more and BUCA LARGE feeds four or more. At Buca, guests delight in our lively atmosphere, enjoy the classic tunes of Frank Sinatra and Dean Martin and admire our decor, including family photos and candid shots of Italian-American icons, such as Sophia Loren and Joe DiMaggio. Our energetic atmosphere, delicious food and friendly staff make Buca di Beppo the perfect place for great Italian food and fun.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerKid Friendly
Buca di Beppo - Wheeling - Best Restaurants in Wheeling ›
Buca di Beppo - Wheeling reviews from OpenTable diners
78 reviews since July 23, 2014
- Ambiance3.8Noise LevelModerate
good for groups (58)kid-friendly (36)special occasion (33)neighborhood gem (24)fit for foodies (21)great for lunch (19)romantic (4)late-night find (4)hot spot (3)notable wine list (2)scenic view (2)great for brunch (1)vibrant bar scene (1)Show More
- Will not go backNotimpressed1Dined on 3/22/2014Well the food was decent and the service was fair considering the restaurant was full, I do not see myself returning to the restaurant. When the waitress came to the table she went over drinks and food. When some from our party went to order the drinks stated they did not have any. Majority of the dishes brought to our table were dirty. Including stuff floating in our drinks. One in out party even found a hair in her pasta. Can't say it was a good experience.Special Features:
- Great PlaceJoelDined on 3/20/2014Buca is wonder Italian restaurant with good food and a great ambience with great service. The food is served in great portions enough for a big family or a huge appetite.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Big disappointmentJBFoodieVIPDined on 3/15/2014This place has mediocre food with quantity in place of quality. If that is what you are looking for, go for it!
- CheapAlfaVIPDined on 3/15/2014We were there for for my grandsons birthday lunch. We were 7 people our bill was $180.00. I feel when they came to sing happy birthday they could have provided a little dessert with a candle. Instead he got a candlelabra with 5 candles and no dessert. Very disappointed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- good food, nice staffElianaVIPDined on 3/14/2014Food good, the new veggie lasagna is light and good, just need to make sure you ask for the marinara sauce not the alfredo sauce it comes with. Some waiters ask which one you like, but should be on the menu with the 2 sauce options. Also got the Salmon with butter sauce ( asked it to be brought on the side), and was very tasty, with a lot of chopped tomatoes on top.Special Features:
- It was GoodBarbDined on 3/8/2014Server was VERY good, the food was ok. I think it is a bit over priced the pasta was overcooked.Special Features:
- Energetic!KikiDined on 3/8/2014Our server, Lee, was THE BEST! (uh oh, I think that was her name!) She was friendly, helpful and attentive, without being pesty. Normally we don't like noisy places, but in this case, we thought it was "festive," and enjoyed singing Happy Birthday to other diners when the waiters brought out the cake. Food was all delicious, too. We rarely go to Buca di Beppo, but when we do, we enjoy it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great food: very reasonableKITSOXDined on 3/7/2014Reasonable prices, high quality food in every regard. Great waiter service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Definitely would go back!KarenDDined on 3/7/2014Fantastic Food! Great service! Beautiful setting. Had a large group & they accommodated us. Friendly people all the way around.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Jorge was a great server!24sevengoDined on 3/4/2014Jorge was a great server! Me and my siblings went there to eat and visit. Jorge was very attentive but gave us our space. The food was good and we appreciated that they told us about the portions being meant to share. My only complaint would be the restaurant interior was very worn.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love to ShareSchnitzDined on 2/22/2014If you love to share, this family style dining experience is the place to go, All the items ordered were tasty and served at the right temperature. There was plenty to eat and even some to take home to enjoy again. The service was excellent and we were given plenty of time to enjoy our meal and our group discussions.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Celebrating at BucaHurricaneMeowDined on 2/21/2014We came in at 9:30 on Saturday Night with a big group of nine people. We were celebrating two things, a birthday and an anniversary. Dewy was our waiter. Not only was he great with service and food, but he engaged in conversation and was very polite and patient. He gave us a card and candles for each occasion. He was helpful in guessing how much food would be enough. I was also very impressed on his way of serving wine. I love going to Buca. This experience was even more amazing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Too Loud for Us!ieduca8VIPDined on 2/16/2014We went early Sunday afternoon-3 PM & were sat in a room with a group celebrating a family birthday. They had ~30 people in their party. The noise was horrendous. It was difficult to have a conversation amongst ourselves. In addition, the parents allowed their children to run around & yell loudly near our table. It was so loud that other patrons asked to be moved rather than sit in this section of Buca. When I asked the manager why we were put in such a noisy section, she said there were celebrations throughout the restaurant & it couldn't be avoided. (This also explains why our service was almost non-existent!) Diners should not have to sit in the same restaurant section as large parties. I enjoy Buca, but not on this day!Special Features:
- PASTA PASTABubbsDined on 2/15/2014If you love pasta Buca Di Beppo scores 1st place., I had the Penne Alla VODKA, Amazing. THE MEATBALLS ARE CRAZY BIG.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Extremely Enjoyable Night Outkris10Dined on 2/15/2014My husband and I dined at Buca for Valentine's day, and it was a lovely evening. The food is savory, particularly the Chicken Limone and the Penne San Remo. Both dishes were absolutely outstanding. Very romantic setting as well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Valentines Day Dinner..AKW31Dined on 2/14/2014Long story short, they were not prepared for the Valentines Day rush. Made reservations for 8pm and walked into a crowded lobby full of waiting customers who also made reservations. Took 30 minutes to get seated, while being seated I saw SEVERAL open tables. Not sure why they had customers waiting? But overall the food is delicious and you get a lot of it. Two small entree's is more than enough for a couple and you will most likely bring some home. I would say expect to spend about $50-$60 for two people without drinks.Special Features:
- Food was good as always butOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/14/2014Food was good as always but the restaurant was ill prepared for the valentines day rush. Reservations were being seated late and the host had little control over the available seating. From there the waitress had too many tables and was unfamiliar with the seating section. Considering it's one of the busier days for a restaurant they did little to prepare.
- Had a great time.Food wasOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/14/2014Had a great time.Food was great & huge portions. Was nervous at first waiting room was packed but having Reservations we got right in only about a 10 min Wait. The only issue we had was that our poor waitress Kept getting tables sat 3 and 4 at a time so she was very busy and Overwhelmed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointingIcookbetter2Dined on 2/14/2014We have catered from Buca in the past. The food is good. Not excellent, but standard Italian fare. However, dining in with my husband, 5 and 9 year old was a let down. We were advised that a small dish served 2 adults. So we ordered 2 small dishes, and a salad for the family. No one was full and the prices were ridiculous. $13 for cheesey bread? I can order a great pizza for less, and we all know that cheesey bread is yesterday's leftover table bread. Not even a freshly made item. Won't be going back to dine in.Special Features:
- Awesome, as usualAmazedDined on 2/9/2014As usual the food was great and the portions were generous.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistently great food and serviceTolerBear1VIPDined on 2/3/2014Never had a bad meal here-- great food, service & ambience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food for the PriceMagnoliaDined on 1/25/2014The 4 of us thoroughly enjoyed our food & the ambience, very cozy & warm. The portions were all very large & a good value for the price. Our waiter was attentive & didn't rush us out after dinner so we could stay & talk.Special Features:
- The evening worked our perfectly.OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 1/19/2014The evening worked our perfectly. Had a reservation for 5:30. Walked in at 5:25 and we were seated immediately. Food was great. Service was great. Very relaxing evening out.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Everything was terrific fromNancDined on 1/9/2014Everything was terrific from the food, waiter and the reservation I made on Open Table. I requested a booth. We were a party of 4 and the booth could have fit 6 it was great! We will definitely go back!Special Features:
- Good family restaurantJupsterDined on 12/28/2013We have found that Buca di Beppo is a great place for family get togethers. Everyone can be included. Noise level is high so little children fit right in without having to worry about them bothering others. Our waiter was very helpful with ordering amounts and dishes as it is basically family style eating. He was friendly and accommodating. Food came out readily, hot and tasty. Their cheesy garlic bread is a must. Veal was delicious as was the meatballs and spaghetti. The chicken with pasta in an alfredo sause was just ok. Dessert was great!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Reso not honored on timeMaureenDined on 12/25/20137pm reservation not sat until 740. Server told us when we sat down kitchen behind, food taking over an hour to come out of kitchen. Did not get our entrees until 9pm two hours after arriving.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food was very good ,but thereSpc1VIPDined on 12/25/2013Food was very good ,but there was great delay with seating and getting food on Christmas. We got seated about 40 minutes late and then there was delay with getting food!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Really crowdedLLChicagoVIPDined on 12/25/2013On Christmas day, when hardly anything else was open, Buca di Peppo was already crowded at 5:10 p.m. The kitchen was not able to get the food out in a timely basis -- which delayed everyone with later reservations. However, our food was delicious and served hot. A special salute to the hostess who remained calm under the pressure of people waiting for their tables.
- long wait8alotDined on 12/25/2013on the holiday waited an hour and 2o min for dinner to be served … food once it got there was good….I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a great experience!5travelloversDined on 12/25/2013Went with a larger group on Christmas day. We were seated quickly, server was great and the food is consistently quite good. We'll definitely be back and will also continue to recommend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- excellentlizbethDined on 12/24/2013I've been going to buca's for many years & the food is always excellent!! plus- in my book, any restaurant that pays tribute to Sinatra gets another star for ambiance!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome!!spizzazzDined on 12/24/2013Our waiter's name was Michael. He was AWESOME!! Very attentive, knowledgable and NICE!! He made sure our food was just the way we wanted it!! We had a very nice Christmas Eve......looking forward to returning again soon!! :)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- YumKbarbosaDined on 12/22/2013Was EXCELLENT as always! Could have controlled the crying babies more but that's not the restaurants fault. A great palace to have a party or large get together.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Phallic symbols everywhereFrugalFoodieDined on 12/21/2013Disappointing experience all the way around from the wine options to the wait staff and the statues. The menu did not offer a steak option either. The waiter was one of the worst ones I've had with regard to skill. Nice person but really 15 minutes for a beer and a glass of wine? Just not worth the $100+ per couple.
- We were a group of seven hungryOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 12/20/2013We were a group of seven hungry men, all of us "of a certain size," shall we say. Advised that the serving portions were considerable, we ordered one large salad to pass, a large baked ziti to pass, a large platter of stuffed chicken breasts to pass, and a large penne arrabbiata to pass. None of us had room for dessert, and we brought home a substantial portion of the food. All the dishes were terrific, family-style southern Italian cooking. This is a great place for families and groups.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- fun and interestingOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 12/18/2013The pasta carbonara was very good and plenty to eat for four, the apple walnut salad was excellent and the cabernet accompanied the dish nicely.thank you!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- This is a staple for birthdays,Camille1653Dined on 12/14/2013This is a staple for birthdays, anniversaries, date night, etc. in our house. This trip was for two birthdays and we were not disappointed. For such giant proportions, you would think the food would be so-so, but it is excellent. The dishes are hot and tasty. They even have green beans that are crisp, yet warm. This is not a place to go for a romantic, quiet dinner. This is family-size fun. We have been here so many times and are never disappointed.Special Features:
- AmazingOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 12/9/2013Went to Buca di Beppo to celebrate my sons birthday with the family and we had amazing service from David. Not only did we receive exceptional service but the food was absolutely awesome. Thank you for a wonderful experience..Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We have never had a bad experienceSpikeDined on 12/6/2013We have never had a bad experience at any of the Buca's we have visited. Food is wonderful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good Italian FoodOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 11/30/2013We did send a request with our reservation but it was not heeded. We requested the 'pope' table. when we did not get seated there, we figured it was because it was occupied. but it was empty the whole time we were there. Other than that..we had a great time. We celebrated 2 birthdays.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.