Buca di Beppo - Wheeling
604 N. Milwaukee Avenue
Wheeling, IL 60090Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
Buca di Beppo - Wheeling
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.bucadibeppo.com/locations/location1302.aspx
- Phone: 8478089898x
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Thursday: 11:00am - 10:00pm, Friday & Saturday: 11:00am - 11:00pm, Sunday: 11:00am - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Italian, Comfort Food
- Executive Chef: Israel Romero
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Our full menu is available for Buca To Go and Delivery. If you're hosting a special occasion or group event at your home, office or a local area reception hall, Buca To Go or Buca Delivery is the perfect choice. Our friendly & professional staff will assist you with your order, arrange a specific pick-up time for Buca To Go or deliver your order ($25 delivery fee applies to deliveries). Plates, napkins, eating & serving utensils and condiments are included. No minimum purchase required. Please allow 3 hours for same-day delivery and call for questions/details about our delivery service area.
- Special Events: Whether you’re celebrating a special occasion, planning a business dinner or having a night out with family and friends, Buca di Beppo is your answer to one fabulous group dining experience! Buca serves authentic Italian family-style meals in an eclectic, vintage setting. Our knowledgeable staff will help organize and plan your group event or meetings with diverse lunch or dinner banquet packages - ideal for groups of 20 or more. Private and semi-private rooms are available.
A word from Buca di Beppo - Wheeling
Buca di Beppo serves authentic Italian cuisine in an eclectic, vintage setting. Our dishes are served family-style, meant to be shared by everyone at the table. Two sizes are available: BUCA SMALL feeds two or more and BUCA LARGE feeds four or more. At Buca, guests delight in our lively atmosphere, enjoy the classic tunes of Frank Sinatra and Dean Martin and admire our decor, including family photos and candid shots of Italian-American icons, such as Sophia Loren and Joe DiMaggio. Our energetic atmosphere, delicious food and friendly staff make Buca di Beppo the perfect place for great Italian food and fun.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerKid Friendly
- Diners' Choice WinnerItalian
Buca di Beppo - Wheeling - Best Restaurants in Wheeling ›
Buca di Beppo - Wheeling reviews from OpenTable diners
83 reviews since May 20, 2014
- Ambiance3.8Noise LevelModerate
good for groups (62)kid-friendly (43)special occasion (41)neighborhood gem (25)great for lunch (20)fit for foodies (17)romantic (9)hot spot (5)scenic view (4)notable wine list (3)great for brunch (3)late-night find (3)vibrant bar scene (1)Show More
- Great Food for the PriceMagnoliaDined on 1/25/2014The 4 of us thoroughly enjoyed our food & the ambience, very cozy & warm. The portions were all very large & a good value for the price. Our waiter was attentive & didn't rush us out after dinner so we could stay & talk.Special Features:
- The evening worked our perfectly.OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 1/19/2014The evening worked our perfectly. Had a reservation for 5:30. Walked in at 5:25 and we were seated immediately. Food was great. Service was great. Very relaxing evening out.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Everything was terrific fromNancDined on 1/9/2014Everything was terrific from the food, waiter and the reservation I made on Open Table. I requested a booth. We were a party of 4 and the booth could have fit 6 it was great! We will definitely go back!Special Features:
- Good family restaurantJupsterDined on 12/28/2013We have found that Buca di Beppo is a great place for family get togethers. Everyone can be included. Noise level is high so little children fit right in without having to worry about them bothering others. Our waiter was very helpful with ordering amounts and dishes as it is basically family style eating. He was friendly and accommodating. Food came out readily, hot and tasty. Their cheesy garlic bread is a must. Veal was delicious as was the meatballs and spaghetti. The chicken with pasta in an alfredo sause was just ok. Dessert was great!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Reso not honored on timeMaureenDined on 12/25/20137pm reservation not sat until 740. Server told us when we sat down kitchen behind, food taking over an hour to come out of kitchen. Did not get our entrees until 9pm two hours after arriving.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food was very good ,but thereSpc1VIPDined on 12/25/2013Food was very good ,but there was great delay with seating and getting food on Christmas. We got seated about 40 minutes late and then there was delay with getting food!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Really crowdedLLChicagoVIPDined on 12/25/2013On Christmas day, when hardly anything else was open, Buca di Peppo was already crowded at 5:10 p.m. The kitchen was not able to get the food out in a timely basis -- which delayed everyone with later reservations. However, our food was delicious and served hot. A special salute to the hostess who remained calm under the pressure of people waiting for their tables.
- long wait8alotDined on 12/25/2013on the holiday waited an hour and 2o min for dinner to be served … food once it got there was good….I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a great experience!5travelloversDined on 12/25/2013Went with a larger group on Christmas day. We were seated quickly, server was great and the food is consistently quite good. We'll definitely be back and will also continue to recommend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- excellentlizbethDined on 12/24/2013I've been going to buca's for many years & the food is always excellent!! plus- in my book, any restaurant that pays tribute to Sinatra gets another star for ambiance!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome!!spizzazzDined on 12/24/2013Our waiter's name was Michael. He was AWESOME!! Very attentive, knowledgable and NICE!! He made sure our food was just the way we wanted it!! We had a very nice Christmas Eve......looking forward to returning again soon!! :)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- YumKbarbosaDined on 12/22/2013Was EXCELLENT as always! Could have controlled the crying babies more but that's not the restaurants fault. A great palace to have a party or large get together.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Phallic symbols everywhereFrugalFoodieDined on 12/21/2013Disappointing experience all the way around from the wine options to the wait staff and the statues. The menu did not offer a steak option either. The waiter was one of the worst ones I've had with regard to skill. Nice person but really 15 minutes for a beer and a glass of wine? Just not worth the $100+ per couple.
- We were a group of seven hungryOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 12/20/2013We were a group of seven hungry men, all of us "of a certain size," shall we say. Advised that the serving portions were considerable, we ordered one large salad to pass, a large baked ziti to pass, a large platter of stuffed chicken breasts to pass, and a large penne arrabbiata to pass. None of us had room for dessert, and we brought home a substantial portion of the food. All the dishes were terrific, family-style southern Italian cooking. This is a great place for families and groups.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- fun and interestingOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 12/18/2013The pasta carbonara was very good and plenty to eat for four, the apple walnut salad was excellent and the cabernet accompanied the dish nicely.thank you!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- This is a staple for birthdays,Camille1653Dined on 12/14/2013This is a staple for birthdays, anniversaries, date night, etc. in our house. This trip was for two birthdays and we were not disappointed. For such giant proportions, you would think the food would be so-so, but it is excellent. The dishes are hot and tasty. They even have green beans that are crisp, yet warm. This is not a place to go for a romantic, quiet dinner. This is family-size fun. We have been here so many times and are never disappointed.Special Features:
- AmazingOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 12/9/2013Went to Buca di Beppo to celebrate my sons birthday with the family and we had amazing service from David. Not only did we receive exceptional service but the food was absolutely awesome. Thank you for a wonderful experience..Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We have never had a bad experienceSpikeDined on 12/6/2013We have never had a bad experience at any of the Buca's we have visited. Food is wonderful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good Italian FoodOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 11/30/2013We did send a request with our reservation but it was not heeded. We requested the 'pope' table. when we did not get seated there, we figured it was because it was occupied. but it was empty the whole time we were there. Other than that..we had a great time. We celebrated 2 birthdays.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Family MealBuffDined on 11/30/2013This was only our second trip to a Bucca - the first at this location. After our great meal at another location, I did not know if it could be repeated at the Wheeling location. I should not have worried. We had a wonderful time! The hostess was funny and helpful. We sat at the bar with a very enjoyable bartender. When we were shown to our table, we could not help but notice that Wheeling layout was just as quirky and fun as Lombard. Our waiter could not have been more attentive. He was on top of our needs but was never overbearing. The manager came by several times and encouraged us to tour the kitchen when we were done - we did. Our five different meals were just great, but the chicken breasts were the best. Can't wait to go backSpecial Features:
- Great "Family-Style" Italian DiningJustinRVIPDined on 11/30/2013OK - fine. Buca Di Beppo is not the most authentic or highest-class Italian restaurant you can find, but for an enjoyable, well-priced family-style dining experience, the restaurant delivers consistent results and good service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent food and ServiceJen2384Dined on 11/30/2013The baked Ziti was the best our group had ever had. The service was prompt and friendly. We all enjoyed our visit and will be coming again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We love BucaOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 11/29/2013We always enjoy eating at Buca. The food is great and very tasty. The service is great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- food was good for the price,upjayDined on 11/28/2013food was good for the price, not as much as you get at regular times, will stay a place to go but not for thanksgiving. service not so good and no packets of sugar on table and waiter not to available. turkey from a deli roll I think.Special Features:
- FriendlyJoemortDined on 11/28/2013From the moment we enter we are treated like family. We always seem to have comradship with those at tables nearby. We really love coming to Buco's.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Thanksgiving Dinner!CreensDined on 11/28/2013We went her for Thanksgiving dinner and it was EXCELLENT! Such a homey atmosphere - The pictures on the walls were a great conversation starter and got many laughs from the group! The food was also EXCELLENT!! We have gone to a restaurant a few times for Thanksgiving but this was our best experience! We will be back throughout the year as well!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fun Thanksgiving alternativeHenryDined on 11/28/2013We decided to mix things up a little this Thanksgiving and go out to eat instead of cooking at home. Being a mix of omnivores and picky eaters as well as adults and teenagers we wanted to find somewhere that would give us plenty of options. Buca was just right. 3 of us went for the turkey dinner and 3 went for pasta dishes. The staff were very friendly, the ambience was fun, the portions were generous, the cadence was good, and the cost was reasonable. And no clean-up! We will definitely return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ThanksgivingmonchaDined on 11/28/2013The 4 of us really had a great time. We were in a quiet area of the restaurant. The turkey dinner was delicious! We all loved it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Thanksgiving done wellRobertDined on 11/28/2013Had Thanksgiving dinner here with the family. Large portions of good, traditional Thanksgiving fare with plenty of leftovers. There were several large parties but the staff semmed able to keep up as everyone pitched in with food deliveries. I'd do it again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Buca di BeppoMaritaDined on 11/26/2013I was very disappointed. We were put in a back dining room with no heat. The waiter was rude and didn't give us good service. I will never go back. Too pricey for that service level.
- We always enjoy our trip toGriffDined on 11/23/2013We always enjoy our trip to Buca's... we never know what room we will end up in but the food is always excellent and the service the best....Special Features:
- Good foodElianaVIPDined on 11/16/2013Good food (great eggplant parmigiana), just keep in mind that entrees don't include side dish or anything else ( like at Olive garden for example). However, I find the food tastier at Bucca. Just that the room ( one of many they have) seemed a bit to crowded, in the sense of the tables placement and the ceiling fullof (empty - we looked) bottles, made us wonder if they could fall on us... Though it was a cute idea... Waitress was nice and constantly checking on us, however, did not pour the drink/beer into the glass.Special Features:
- Great fun!DateNightDined on 11/16/2013Delicious,served quickly, feels so homey even though it's a chain. We were seated at a booth in the bar and it was lively!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- About averagelovesitalianDined on 11/15/2013The first impression upon walking in was very good. The ambiance was comfortable and the service good. We had made reservations for the Friday night but were obviously unnecessary as we were seated in a dining room by ourselves and it remained that way until just before we left. The food was served quickly, but after the first few bites we understood why there were so many empty tables. We had ordered the lasagna and the Chicken/Sausage Penne. While neither were bad, they were really tasteless. The penne dish had a garlic cream sauce and neither of us could taste the garlic. Both dishes also seemed to have been made with absolutely no salt. (We don't use much salt in our own cooking either.) We won't be returning any time soon.
- What a wonderful family restaurant!KramDined on 11/9/2013My wife and I had our rehersal dinner at the Buca in Wheeling in May of this year and they did a fantastic job. We went back the evening of November 9th and we were not disapointed. The food and service were absolutely fantastic once again. Anyone looking for a wonderful family style italian meal will not be disapointed.Special Features:
- Celebration summarystar444Dined on 11/9/2013We were celebrating my daughter's 21st birthday with family. I arrived by the hostess telling me if I wanted to eat the cake I had brought, there would be a $15.00 cutting fee not informed of that before. I was surprised & disappointed as I could not pay that fee. Therefore, we could not enjoy the cake together & was sent home with my daughter. We have been here before, being very satisfied, but this time was a little disappointing. The food was not as good & served cold. Also, the drinks were watered down, not as tasty for the price.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday PartySpringGroveDined on 10/26/2013The food was good and the portions were very large. This is definitely the place to go with a group as all of the dishes are meant to be shared. The problem was that we were seated in a room with another very large party with a number of small children which made it very difficult to have a conversation with anyone other than the person next to or directly across from you--so it would not be a place for a romantic dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Great TimetracyDined on 10/19/2013I had a great time at buca's the food was great. We last min requested the pope room because it has the rotating table which is nice for a large group of 10. The setup is always entertaing and fun. There where times when we could not find our server or they forgot to fill our water glasses but it was quickly and efficently remedied. Overall a great experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Buca GrandebuddeeeDined on 10/18/2013Huge portions, very good pasta. Two of us will split one entree as we did last time. Worth going back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bad service, long wait time!OpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 10/17/2013I would never recommend this place to anyone unless your looking to have really bad service! We had a reservation for 7:30 and we did not get seated till 815. This wouldn't had been a problem except that the restaurant was empty. The waiter took 20 minutes to get our beverages. Had we not had a $50 gift certificate I would have left. When we brought up the service to the manage she was telling us we were wrong about our service and that she said they were infact busy but I asked her about the 15 open tables that I could see from where I was sitting. She then started to apologize for the service but still thought we were wrong! The food was ok but not worth the trouble.