Buca di Beppo - Wheeling
604 N. Milwaukee Avenue
Wheeling, IL 60090Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
Buca di Beppo - Wheeling
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.bucadibeppo.com/locations/location1302.aspx
- Phone: (847) 808-9898
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Thursday: 11:00am - 10:00pm, Friday & Saturday: 11:00am - 11:00pm, Sunday: 11:00am - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Italian, Comfort Food
- Executive Chef: Israel Romero
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Our full menu is available for Buca To Go and Delivery. If you're hosting a special occasion or group event at your home, office or a local area reception hall, Buca To Go or Buca Delivery is the perfect choice. Our friendly & professional staff will assist you with your order, arrange a specific pick-up time for Buca To Go or deliver your order ($25 delivery fee applies to deliveries). Plates, napkins, eating & serving utensils and condiments are included. No minimum purchase required. Please allow 3 hours for same-day delivery and call for questions/details about our delivery service area.
- Special Events: Whether you’re celebrating a special occasion, planning a business dinner or having a night out with family and friends, Buca di Beppo is your answer to one fabulous group dining experience! Buca serves authentic Italian family-style meals in an eclectic, vintage setting. Our knowledgeable staff will help organize and plan your group event or meetings with diverse lunch or dinner banquet packages - ideal for groups of 20 or more. Private and semi-private rooms are available.
A word from Buca di Beppo - Wheeling
Buca di Beppo serves authentic Italian cuisine in an eclectic, vintage setting. Our dishes are served family-style, meant to be shared by everyone at the table. Two sizes are available: BUCA SMALL feeds two or more and BUCA LARGE feeds four or more. At Buca, guests delight in our lively atmosphere, enjoy the classic tunes of Frank Sinatra and Dean Martin and admire our decor, including family photos and candid shots of Italian-American icons, such as Sophia Loren and Joe DiMaggio. Our energetic atmosphere, delicious food and friendly staff make Buca di Beppo the perfect place for great Italian food and fun.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerKid Friendly
Buca di Beppo - Wheeling - Best Restaurants in Wheeling ›
Buca di Beppo - Wheeling reviews from OpenTable diners
76 reviews since July 26, 2014
- Ambiance3.8Noise LevelModerate
good for groups (56)kid-friendly (35)special occasion (31)neighborhood gem (22)fit for foodies (20)great for lunch (17)romantic (4)late-night find (4)hot spot (3)scenic view (2)great for brunch (1)notable wine list (1)vibrant bar scene (1)Show More
- Skip It!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/16/2014Food was not very good. Eggplant Parm. was fair, however Manicotti was bland. As for Chicken Marsala, chicken was tender but the sauce was loaded with sugar which ruined it. Service was good. We found it to be pricey for the quality of the food and will not return.
- Good food, great volume.OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 11/15/2014The food was good but the entrees are quite large so if you are a party of 2, you will want to have the same meal. The "small" versions easily feed two with enough leftovers for a full meal to take home. Meatballs are very tasty!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food, Great Service, but, a bit pricey!!MrsKeithDined on 11/9/2014We had a reservation & were seated the moment we arrived. Our server was very attentive to us & was available to us whenever we needed something. The food portions were quite large, even though we ordered the small size portion to split between 2 of us. We took our leftovers home & there was enough left to feed 2 more people at home! My daughter is on a gluten-free diet & they had some gluten-free menu items for her to eat. However, she wished that there would have at least been a gluten-free pasta choice for her to eat with her chicken. There were no gluten-free desserts she could order either. Perhaps some gelato would have been good, but, not offered as a dessert option. We did order a very large brownie sundae to share amongst the 4 of us. It was quite delicious, but, was too much for us. Wished we could have taken the rest home with us, felt bad that we had to waste it! We were a bit shocked when we received our bill though. We never expected a bill that was almost $140.00 for just 4 of us! Glad my daughter's boyfriend has a coupon for a free pasta dish for his birthday, otherwise the bill would have been another $20.00! It would have been about $160.00 dollars for our pasta meal then! That was the most expensive pasta lunch I ever had. Sure, there was 1 beer & 1 mixed drink on that bill, but, still we thought the lunch was rather on the expensive side. It's not like we ordered steaks, just had some pasta & my daughter had some chicken. The food was excellent, but, won't be going there again any time soon. I could buy a weeks worth of groceries for my family with that $140.00 we spent on a pasta lunch. Loved everything we ate, but, thought it was just a bit overpriced. If it cost that much to buy pasta at the grocery store, I doubt that too many people would be buying it there either.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great for a large group!ElizabethVIPDined on 11/8/2014We had reservations for a group with 6 adults and 4 kids 4 and under. We received great service the family-style service made it a lot of fun to pick our a variety everyone would enjoy. The kids were all thrilled, too.Special Features:
- Food, food and more foodMaverickDined on 11/7/2014If you like food, this is the place to go. It's family style and the food just kept coming.Special Features:
- good foodBobbieDined on 10/31/2014Food was good; we were five people and ordered two large and one small portion and that was way too much.
- familygathering4Dined on 10/27/2014Overall satisfy everytime !!!! nice service very friendly. welcomed nice face all the time .Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- dinner great, as expectedMsGoodcookDined on 10/25/2014There is something for everyone on the menu, even our vegan grandkids. We all loved the bruscetta(held the cheese)! The green salad was good, but could have used a little more perks or more olives. The pasta was American perfect, having ordered marinara and it seemed to have just tomatoes, but sweet ones at that. Chicken was outstanding with lemons and capers and green beans were perfect as usual. We like the consistency with no surprises, but everything down to a science!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/16/2014Had a wonderful experience for the hostess to the servers. Lots of energy and lots of fun Food was fabulous!Special Features:
- good dealRemyVIPDined on 10/13/2014Lunch was reasonable and tasty..a good place for kids, too...!Special Features:
- SchedulingfoodDined on 10/11/2014made reservations via online, but they had my reservation time wrong and over booked that evening. hostess were not too helpful, but the waiter was awesome!Special Features:
- Love it!richnmarDined on 10/9/2014The portions are great! Each "small" pasta can make 3 meals. Great garlic cheese bread, but not browned in the broiler. Although the sauces are interchangeable, the server had to check with the kitchen before the order was placed. It was fun seeing something different for a birthday celebration - a candelabra with red candles! Fun! But no comp dessert. Buca has great coupons, too.Special Features:
- Always great foodsam0catsDined on 10/5/2014We have been going to Buca for many years now and have never been disappointed.The food is consistently high quality with great flavor.K eep up the good work!Special Features:
- AmbianceGregR440Dined on 10/4/2014With each visit the decor becomes more and more objectionable. It's clear that this is the look that was intended but it's simply miserable. It's difficult to look at the wall decor. Time for a remodel.
- HarryHarryLDined on 10/4/2014My first time to Buca. Took the GF for a birthday dinner and had a great time. Great food and fun, kitchy atmosphere.Special Features:
- Nice cozy lunch spotCozyDined on 10/4/2014Great prices for nice uick italian food and the desserts are nice.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Buca is consistantAlvin1VIPDined on 10/2/2014As usual, reservation was honored and we were seated immediately. Wait staff greeted us immediately and menu's, water and utensils brought to the table immediately. Order for drinks were taken and they brought us warm, fresh bread, olive oil and cheese also were added. Antipasto salad was more than sufficient and salad very fresh. Shortly after finishing the salad entree was brought to the table, Bake Rigatoni. Very sufficient portion as we were sharing the entree. Very eye appealing, tasty and seasoned on the spicy side as we requested. The remainder of the evening was most pleasant savoring our entree. Wai staff most attentive without being intrusive.Special Features:
- Not impressed at alldiningmachineDined on 9/20/2014Found the restaurant to be unappealing -- food was bland, there were cobwebs we had to ask to be removed, there was a moth flying around our food. Just not appetizing. Didn't care for the decor. We know it is supposed to be funny but some of it is really unappetizing (photo of boy picking his nose) when you are trying to eat. Not sure how you can take a place seriously when you are grossed out.
- social1VIPDined on 9/20/2014Good food, great service, plenty of parking, easy to get to.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great serviceupjayDined on 9/20/2014just a good of place to go for a good friendly mealSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pre Theater Dinnerjabs52VIPDined on 9/18/2014Gathered with 6 friends before the Marriott Theater play. Great menu for sharing and service was excellent. Entrees were served piping hot! Our server checked back several times to make sure we had all our needs.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good and predictablenorthshorefoodieVIPDined on 9/14/2014The 7 of us had a great family style meal. Chicken parm was great! No complaints, exactly what we expected. Thanks!Special Features:
- Fun for a birthdayMommalove55Dined on 9/12/2014Great time!! Good food! Great service, nice staff 😊Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- birthdaytrac429Dined on 9/12/2014Perfect place for my dads birthday dinned! Delicious!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointedDisappointedVIPDined on 9/6/2014We used to love going there but such a change in the food! The entree was good but everything else was terrible. We sent our Caesar salad back twice. No one came to the table to see whys wouldn't go back again. Calamari was tasteless. A really poor experience. No wonder we could get a reservation at the last minute on a Saturday night at the last minute with all times available.
- does not honor reservationOpenTable Diner Since 2002Dined on 9/1/2014what a mess the staff could not find my open table reservation after i showed them my email confirmation. they decided to let me stand and wait untill they seated all the walk ins. after 30 minutes the manager did not seem to care if we stayed or left. this is the first time in 10 years of using open table that a reservation was not honored. sent a note to the main office but it was sent to the same lost staff member from the previous night cant tell you about the food did not stick around went to a local favorite and had a great meal
- AverageOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/1/2014First time visiting this location (have been to 3 others). Very average service, somewhat expensive for the quality of food although portions are large. I would suggest dining at Tuscany over this place.
- Good food and wine, ugly exteriorClaireWDined on 8/27/2014I chose this restaurant because we enjoyed dinner with a large group at their Las Vegas location. I booked a lunch at the Wheeling location with my sisters from Illinois. It was a Wednesday, and I think we were the only customers in the place. We got excellent service, but one really cannot judge the service and ambiance in an empty restaurant. The food and wine were excellent. The outside looks like a dive; I would never have stopped at this place due to its exterior appearance, but we had a good experience inside.Special Features:
- DisappointedStar1VIPDined on 8/23/2014Very loud and slow service. Has been much better than this. Food was subpar.Special Features:
- Fun with my Tweens!JenburgerDined on 8/22/2014Took my 10 year old twins and their BFF's after a looooong day at great america. It was a perfect spot to unwind and enjoy a delish meal! The wait staff made sure the girls had a great time and I was able to relax and enjoy a glass of wine! Perfect! My girls want to have their next Birthday party here! I have been a million times but have never thought of taking my kids! We will make it a regular spot.....right up there with CPK and Buffalo Wild Wings!!!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- yumyum2VIPDined on 8/16/2014If you like family style dining, this is the place for you. After a meeting of the minds on what to order, the food was good Italian fare. The portions were generous. The staff tried to be attentive in this very crowded and noisy restaurant. The restaurant is in a confusing series of small rooms and the decorating is entertaining but chaotic. There was a small piece of Styrofoam in the salad. We told the waiter who called the manager who immediately comped the salad (20+ dollars). Nice customer service although I would rather have not had that extra thing in the salad. It is not the place to go for a relaxing dinner, but a fun place for a once in a while special event.Special Features:
- Not no pleasent experience.JudiDined on 8/12/2014The food was excellent but the service certainly left a bit to be desired. There were eight of us for my grandson's birthday. It took forever to get served. She forgot our salad and brought it at the end of the meal. I had been there before and enjoyed it very much.Special Features:
- Always GoodOut2EatDined on 8/9/2014This is my favorite restaurant for a group of people because you can share various menu items, the food is good and the dessert is a must. You will bring home leftovers!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Meatless marathonDebthedinerDined on 8/8/2014We came to the restaurant because we wanted somewhere that served tasty meatless dishes. The Shrimp Fra Diavolo had a generous amount of shrimp and just the right amount of spiciness. The baked ziti was nice and creamy with the ricotta cheese. The Pasta Caprese was light and refreshing. A great way to celebrate a birthday!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Reliably goodHuckleberryDined on 8/3/2014We always enjoy dining here. The food is always excellent and most certainly abundant. We enjoy our meal and then have a generous amount to take home for the next day.Special Features:
- BubbyDined on 8/2/2014Music very loud and distracting. Food wonderful and plentiful. I would recommend to everyone. Can't wait until I return.Special Features:
- Food vs costOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/2/2014We had a great experience during our visit. Although we felt there was going to be more food per each large serving. We had the veal saltimbocca and was very surprised that there was not more food for the price.Special Features:
- The following 511 reviews are from the Buca di Beppo - Wheeling reviews archive.
- Best Food/Experience Yet!!cubsfanDined on 7/25/2014My little sister and I have been to Buca a handful of times and never thought the food could get any better until this last visit. The meatballs were absolutely divine - like biting into a little tasty of Italy. The Penne San Remo was SO delicious having that perfect balance of sauce, pasta, and meat/veggies that make it so hard to stop eating. But the best was the Tiramisu. It was to die for - like biting into a little piece of heaven. It was by far the best tiramisu that I have had ever!! Out waiter was amazing! He balanced making sure we were taken care with allowing us time to eat and talk without interruption. He was funny and caring. The Buca di Beppo experience keeps getting better and better. Thank you and keep up with great work!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Another excellent dining experienceAlvin1VIPDined on 7/20/2014We had a party of 6 and our reservation was virtually immediately honored sitting us at a round table so we could speak easily to each other. Wait staff was attentive from start to finish, courteous and helpful. Menus, bread, water, silverware etc. all came promptly. Menu always contains a wide variety of excellent entrees. Ordered salad prior to our entrees. All entrees came in a timely manner; eye appealing and exact temperature. Chicken Rigatoni was excellent as was the Mac & Cheese. Salad was fresh and plentiful! Again, wait staff attentive through the evening.Special Features:
- Disappointing BirthdayCDEatsDined on 7/17/2014We came with our two year old to celebrate on my wife’s birthday. Our server was very nice (and patient with our impatient two year old) and the food was very good. However, the reason we didn’t give a higher rating was because while a group came by and sang happy birthday, we didn’t receive anything else such as a free drink or dessert. Considering the high prices, I expected something. To add insult to injury, two days later my wife got an email from the restaurant offering a free brownie on her birthday. Really? I could see postal mail getting delayed, but there is no excuse for sending an email late. We’ll look for a different place next year to celebrate.Special Features: