Buca di Beppo - Wheeling
604 N. Milwaukee Avenue
Wheeling, IL 60090Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
Buca di Beppo - Wheeling
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.bucadibeppo.com/locations/location1302.aspx
- Phone: 8478089898x
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Thursday: 11:00am - 10:00pm, Friday & Saturday: 11:00am - 11:00pm, Sunday: 11:00am - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Italian, Comfort Food
- Executive Chef: Israel Romero
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Our full menu is available for Buca To Go and Delivery. If you're hosting a special occasion or group event at your home, office or a local area reception hall, Buca To Go or Buca Delivery is the perfect choice. Our friendly & professional staff will assist you with your order, arrange a specific pick-up time for Buca To Go or deliver your order ($25 delivery fee applies to deliveries). Plates, napkins, eating & serving utensils and condiments are included. No minimum purchase required. Please allow 3 hours for same-day delivery and call for questions/details about our delivery service area.
- Special Events: Whether you’re celebrating a special occasion, planning a business dinner or having a night out with family and friends, Buca di Beppo is your answer to one fabulous group dining experience! Buca serves authentic Italian family-style meals in an eclectic, vintage setting. Our knowledgeable staff will help organize and plan your group event or meetings with diverse lunch or dinner banquet packages - ideal for groups of 20 or more. Private and semi-private rooms are available.
A word from Buca di Beppo - Wheeling
Buca di Beppo serves authentic Italian cuisine in an eclectic, vintage setting. Our dishes are served family-style, meant to be shared by everyone at the table. Two sizes are available: BUCA SMALL feeds two or more and BUCA LARGE feeds four or more. At Buca, guests delight in our lively atmosphere, enjoy the classic tunes of Frank Sinatra and Dean Martin and admire our decor, including family photos and candid shots of Italian-American icons, such as Sophia Loren and Joe DiMaggio. Our energetic atmosphere, delicious food and friendly staff make Buca di Beppo the perfect place for great Italian food and fun.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerItalian
- Diners' Choice WinnerKid Friendly
Buca di Beppo - Wheeling - Best Restaurants in Wheeling ›
Buca di Beppo - Wheeling reviews from OpenTable diners
86 reviews since May 6, 2014
- Ambiance3.9Noise LevelModerate
good for groups (64)kid-friendly (49)special occasion (46)neighborhood gem (26)great for lunch (24)fit for foodies (19)romantic (11)great for brunch (7)notable wine list (6)scenic view (4)hot spot (4)late-night find (3)vibrant bar scene (2)Show More
- does not honor reservationOpenTable Diner Since 2002Dined on 9/1/2014what a mess the staff could not find my open table reservation after i showed them my email confirmation. they decided to let me stand and wait untill they seated all the walk ins. after 30 minutes the manager did not seem to care if we stayed or left. this is the first time in 10 years of using open table that a reservation was not honored. sent a note to the main office but it was sent to the same lost staff member from the previous night cant tell you about the food did not stick around went to a local favorite and had a great meal
- Good food and wine, ugly exteriorClaireWDined on 8/27/2014I chose this restaurant because we enjoyed dinner with a large group at their Las Vegas location. I booked a lunch at the Wheeling location with my sisters from Illinois. It was a Wednesday, and I think we were the only customers in the place. We got excellent service, but one really cannot judge the service and ambiance in an empty restaurant. The food and wine were excellent. The outside looks like a dive; I would never have stopped at this place due to its exterior appearance, but we had a good experience inside.Special Features:
- DisappointedStar1VIPDined on 8/23/2014Very loud and slow service. Has been much better than this. Food was subpar.Special Features:
- Fun with my Tweens!JenburgerDined on 8/22/2014Took my 10 year old twins and their BFF's after a looooong day at great america. It was a perfect spot to unwind and enjoy a delish meal! The wait staff made sure the girls had a great time and I was able to relax and enjoy a glass of wine! Perfect! My girls want to have their next Birthday party here! I have been a million times but have never thought of taking my kids! We will make it a regular spot.....right up there with CPK and Buffalo Wild Wings!!!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- yumyum2VIPDined on 8/16/2014If you like family style dining, this is the place for you. After a meeting of the minds on what to order, the food was good Italian fare. The portions were generous. The staff tried to be attentive in this very crowded and noisy restaurant. The restaurant is in a confusing series of small rooms and the decorating is entertaining but chaotic. There was a small piece of Styrofoam in the salad. We told the waiter who called the manager who immediately comped the salad (20+ dollars). Nice customer service although I would rather have not had that extra thing in the salad. It is not the place to go for a relaxing dinner, but a fun place for a once in a while special event.Special Features:
- Not no pleasent experience.JudiDined on 8/12/2014The food was excellent but the service certainly left a bit to be desired. There were eight of us for my grandson's birthday. It took forever to get served. She forgot our salad and brought it at the end of the meal. I had been there before and enjoyed it very much.Special Features:
- Always GoodOut2EatDined on 8/9/2014This is my favorite restaurant for a group of people because you can share various menu items, the food is good and the dessert is a must. You will bring home leftovers!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Meatless marathonDebthedinerDined on 8/8/2014We came to the restaurant because we wanted somewhere that served tasty meatless dishes. The Shrimp Fra Diavolo had a generous amount of shrimp and just the right amount of spiciness. The baked ziti was nice and creamy with the ricotta cheese. The Pasta Caprese was light and refreshing. A great way to celebrate a birthday!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Reliably goodHuckleberryDined on 8/3/2014We always enjoy dining here. The food is always excellent and most certainly abundant. We enjoy our meal and then have a generous amount to take home for the next day.Special Features:
- BubbyDined on 8/2/2014Music very loud and distracting. Food wonderful and plentiful. I would recommend to everyone. Can't wait until I return.Special Features:
- Food vs costOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/2/2014We had a great experience during our visit. Although we felt there was going to be more food per each large serving. We had the veal saltimbocca and was very surprised that there was not more food for the price.Special Features:
- Best Food/Experience Yet!!cubsfanDined on 7/25/2014My little sister and I have been to Buca a handful of times and never thought the food could get any better until this last visit. The meatballs were absolutely divine - like biting into a little tasty of Italy. The Penne San Remo was SO delicious having that perfect balance of sauce, pasta, and meat/veggies that make it so hard to stop eating. But the best was the Tiramisu. It was to die for - like biting into a little piece of heaven. It was by far the best tiramisu that I have had ever!! Out waiter was amazing! He balanced making sure we were taken care with allowing us time to eat and talk without interruption. He was funny and caring. The Buca di Beppo experience keeps getting better and better. Thank you and keep up with great work!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Another excellent dining experienceAlvin1Dined on 7/20/2014We had a party of 6 and our reservation was virtually immediately honored sitting us at a round table so we could speak easily to each other. Wait staff was attentive from start to finish, courteous and helpful. Menus, bread, water, silverware etc. all came promptly. Menu always contains a wide variety of excellent entrees. Ordered salad prior to our entrees. All entrees came in a timely manner; eye appealing and exact temperature. Chicken Rigatoni was excellent as was the Mac & Cheese. Salad was fresh and plentiful! Again, wait staff attentive through the evening.Special Features:
- Disappointing BirthdayCDEatsDined on 7/17/2014We came with our two year old to celebrate on my wife’s birthday. Our server was very nice (and patient with our impatient two year old) and the food was very good. However, the reason we didn’t give a higher rating was because while a group came by and sang happy birthday, we didn’t receive anything else such as a free drink or dessert. Considering the high prices, I expected something. To add insult to injury, two days later my wife got an email from the restaurant offering a free brownie on her birthday. Really? I could see postal mail getting delayed, but there is no excuse for sending an email late. We’ll look for a different place next year to celebrate.Special Features:
- dope afkokeDined on 7/16/2014Awesome food. Great service. Entertaining wall art.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Kid FriendlyAuntieSDined on 7/11/2014The two ten year olds we had with us thought this place is the best, they would like to celebrate their birthdays here.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- veggieDined on 7/5/2014Very good salads, excellent pasta primavera and eggplant parmesan.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Just average and overpricedLook2CookDined on 6/27/2014Had not been to Buca for many years and was looking forward to it. I thought the food was overpriced and average at best. We ordered the garlic bread for $8 and it was dry and bitter. Spaghetti and meatballs OK. The waiter kept encouraging us to order more and we had too much food with what we ordered. Also, my son did not like the pictures in the men's room. Unfortunately, we won't be back.
- Lots of foodLotsofspaghettiDined on 6/21/2014Very noisy but good food. Very good for a large groupSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 6/21/2014Nice,food is great especially the macaroni rosa. Ambience is very entertaining.Wait staff was friendly and helpful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Don't waste your time.Bread18VIPDined on 6/15/2014Overpriced! $20.99 for a large salad - more than the price of chicken parmesan. Food is average. Service is fair. Not worth the money. There are so many mama/papa Italian restaurants with higher quality food and better prices.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 6/15/2014Had a great Father's Day there. Will surely be back. Everyone had a great time.Special Features:
- Unusual serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 6/8/2014Buca has great good and we caught them on an off Sunday night. Our waitress was also tending bar and as a result, the service was a bit slow. Haven't had this problem before and could have been an off day. Will go back again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 6/7/2014overpriced. large in quantity but little in quality.
- Delicious Italian FoodOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 6/1/2014Cozy booths, great food, fun atmosphere. A bit pricey.Special Features:
- FerretzrusDined on 5/31/2014fantastic! Fantastic!! FANTASTIC!!! fantastic! Fantastic!! FANTASTIC!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent care taken for eventsimstuck2Dined on 5/27/2014This place has not only great food, but a family oriented friendliness. I forget that this is a chain when I come to the buca in Wheeling!Special Features:
- Great Food but SO overpricedServerJenDined on 5/25/2014A little loud but definitely fun. Dinner for 4 with one drink a piece was 160.00 (not including tip). I know entrees are meant to be shared but I will think about going back due to price issues. This is a chain restaurant and if I wanted to spend a lot of money again, I do not believe I would go here.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- social1VIPDined on 5/23/2014Generous portions; 1 order enough for 2. Always fresh, good tasting. Plenty of parking, convenient location.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Group Dinner Venuejabs52VIPDined on 5/22/2014There were 7 of us sharing the Large Chopped Antipasto Salad which was excellent. Love the way the dressing is minimal! Also shared the Large Chicken Limone which is always good! We also shared the Large Baked Ziti, not my favorite. Kind of a cheesy sauce on ziti, lacking much flavor, would order different pasta next time or another entree. It was the right amount of food for us all. Our server was great, checked on us periodically. Also the manager made her way around to tables to check how things were going.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice menus with lots of optionsBookclub2goDined on 5/16/2014Our group of 9 women had great service and separate checks which was excellent. Our meals came in a timely manner and our server, Jackie, wrapped our leftovers.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Happy Birthday dinner with friendsJudiDined on 5/12/2014Great meal, super waitress and great company. The portions were more than totally expected for seven people. The birthday celebration song the staff song was really great and they even gave the birthday boy a birthday card. Super evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- So-soNoFoodieDined on 5/11/2014We had an early dinner on Mother's Day for my wife and mother-in-law. It took a while for the wait staff to come to our table. The waiter was a nice enough guy but seemed distracted. The kids ordered lemonade and the three adults ordered a carafe of the house red wine. The waiter brought out the drinks and some bread. He forgot the olive oil for the bread and opened a $30 bottle of wine vs the carafe we ordered. We ordered the bruschetta as an app and spaghetti w/meat balls. The kids all ordered cheese pizza of the kids' menu. The bruschetta didn't have any basil in it. Tasted like it came from a can. The spaghetti was okay and the kids thought the pizza tasted funny. Probably won't go back. Too bad, Buca used to be a fun outing.Special Features:
- Great Mother's DayLike2eatDined on 5/11/2014We were a party of three on Mother's Day. Buca di Beppo made sure the day was special for us. The food was great and the service was excellent. Overall it was a very enjoyable experience.Special Features:
- TastyFoodieDined on 5/9/2014The food was very good, but a bit on the pricey side for pasta.Special Features:
- The following 486 reviews are from the Buca di Beppo - Wheeling reviews archive.
- Canasta groupBookclub2goDined on 5/5/2014Love to play cards and eat lunch at Buca. The food is excellent and love the Italian music. The location of Buca in Wheeling, Il is convenient for our group of players.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent food and portionsPickyEaterDined on 4/27/2014Just ate at the Buca di Beppos in Wheeling, IL for dinner with the family. The food was excellent (some of the best Italian food I have tasted outside of Boston's North End) and the portions were large enough to allow for two additional meals at home. Definitely going back.Special Features:
- Good food.cr18Dined on 4/26/2014Everything was good, if a bit overpriced as usual.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- CakeJoemortDined on 4/20/2014The only negative was that we had to pay $15 for bringing in our lamb cake for Easter(and birthday).I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 4/20/2014The food is great, but we always seem to have a service issue. This visit, they forgot about a couple of our entrees!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.