Buca di Beppo - Westlake
23575 Detroit Road
Westlake, OH 44145Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
Buca di Beppo - Westlake
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.bucadibeppo.com/
- Phone: (440) 356-2276
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Thursday: 11:00am - 10:00pm, Friday & Saturday: 11:00am - 11:00pm, Sunday: 11:00am - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Italian, Comfort Food
- Executive Chef: John Stiles
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Our full menu is available for Buca To Go and Delivery. If you're hosting a special occasion or group event at your home, office or a local area reception hall, Buca To Go or Buca Delivery is the perfect choice. Our friendly & professional staff will assist you with your order, arrange a specific pick-up time for Buca To Go or deliver your order ($25 delivery fee applies to deliveries). Plates, napkins, eating & serving utensils and condiments are included. No minimum purchase required. Please allow 3 hours for same-day delivery and call for questions/details about our delivery service area.
- Special Events: Whether you’re celebrating a special occasion, planning a business dinner or having a night out with family and friends, Buca di Beppo is your answer to one fabulous group dining experience! Buca serves authentic Italian family-style meals in an eclectic, vintage setting. Our knowledgeable staff will help organize and plan your group event or meetings with diverse lunch or dinner banquet packages - ideal for groups of 20 or more. Private and semi-private rooms are available.
A word from Buca di Beppo - Westlake
Buca di Beppo serves authentic Italian cuisine in an eclectic, vintage setting. Our dishes are served family-style, meant to be shared by everyone at the table. Two sizes are available: BUCA SMALL feeds two or more and BUCA LARGE feeds four or more. At Buca, guests delight in our lively atmosphere, enjoy the classic tunes of Frank Sinatra and Dean Martin and admire our decor, including family photos and candid shots of Italian-American icons, such as Sophia Loren and Joe DiMaggio. Our energetic atmosphere, delicious food and friendly staff make Buca di Beppo the perfect place for great Italian food and fun.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Buca di Beppo - Westlake reviews from OpenTable diners
29 reviews since July 24, 2014
- Ambiance3.5Noise LevelModerate
good for groups (18)kid-friendly (13)special occasion (12)fit for foodies (7)neighborhood gem (7)great for lunch (5)romantic (3)great for brunch (2)late-night find (1)notable wine list (1)Show More
- Great fun place with exceptional food too.JudyDined on 11/16/2014Buca's has been a family favorite for many years. We just celebrated our grandson's 6th birthday here and he loved it.Special Features:
- we were very happy with our family dinneririshMaryDined on 11/15/2014our family had a great time and all enjoyed our dinner..A few of them have never been thier before and said they would go back. There were a few other parties eating when we did.The noise level did get a little loud.Heather did a great job. I am glad we made reservations and would tell any one to do so.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Birthday PlaceKarenDined on 11/2/2014Love to celebrate birthdays at this place! Love the decor and ambiance. And this time, the food was exceptional. It is usually good, but this time is was extra good. We had the 1893 salad, Zit, and spaghetti with giant meatballs. We also share the Colossal Brownie Sundae and it was extra good as well and looked to be even a little bigger than usual. The servers were great and we enjoyed them singing Happy Birthday. Wonderful, wonderful time. Just makes you feel like you are eating in some Grandma's home!Special Features:
- Food is good, service...horribleGoodeatsDined on 11/1/2014Food is consistently good. The past two times we have been to Buca the service has been horrible. Bartenders shouldn't be waiting tables. They should only be making drinks.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not my styleDinesoutDined on 9/28/2014The host led our dining party through the kitchen to our table, tacky! The restaurant has a dark interior, I simply prefer a light, clean atmosphere. The waitstaff seemed bored and the food, although tasty, was nothing special and extremely over priced. I will not be going back.
- Sita50Dined on 9/25/2014I love this restaurant. The ambiance is fun, the music is nostalgic and the service is always first rate. The food is excellent - I have had several dishes and they are all terrific.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GramDined on 9/21/2014we enjoyed ourselves as a family, loved the food, missed the flat parmesian bread some dishes could be smaller, great food or we would not come back.a little pricey but worth it for a special occasion.Special Features:
- DissatisfiedOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 9/21/2014Food and service were below par. Overall dissatisfied. Will not be returning anytime soon.Special Features:
- a night out aloneout4theniteDined on 9/15/2014We love going to Buca when ever we can. It is unusual for us to go with just the two of us cause even though our kids are grown they still think they should tag along. The food is very good and the service is excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dinner on Labor DayRRReviewsDined on 9/1/2014This was a disaster. We had a reservation and stood around for 10 minutes waiting for our table in a mostly empty restaurant. The waitress warned us that they were very slow because they were understaffed. They were very slow. I ordered lasagna. It was 75% ricotta cheese. To my mind, it was not lasagna but a conglomeration of lasagna noodles, tomato sauce, and lots of cheese. The cheese layer was almost an inch thick. I'll never go back there again. With the staff they had, they should never have opened that day. They did a disservice to their customers.
- disappointed with this visitunbirthdayDined on 8/30/2014Normally this restaurant is great, however the night we were there, 8/30/14 it failed. Had a large group, 9 people and made reservations a week in advance. Also let them know we were celebrating a birthday. First we had to wait 30 minutes for a table, then when seated they wanted to split the party up. We did not do that we pulled the 2 tables together. It went south from there. Told server we were celebrating a birthday also, took her 20 minutes to get our drinks. Also wouldn't see her in between stops at our table for 30+ minutes. When we were done eating it took 45 minutes to get our check.The birthday was never acknowledged but other tables had theirs acknowledged. Management did take money off check and food good as always.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The food was amazing, the serviceSoozeDined on 8/26/2014was wonderful. The waitress, Susie, was friendly, abusive (LOL) and very efficient. The atmosphere was relaxing yet fun. It was the first time my husband had ever been there, he was a little put off by the prices but after we ate I asked if he would go back and he said definately, it was well worth the price.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great family place!CanuckDined on 8/15/2014We love going here to celebrate family birthdays! You can have 5 people or 15! Very kid-friendly and food & service are always good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 245 reviews are from the Buca di Beppo - Westlake reviews archive.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/18/2014Had a wonderful experience at Buca's! Great place for fellowship over good food!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Another Great Holiday MealKarenDined on 6/15/2014Buca di Beppo is the only restaurant on Open Table that we would eat at. The others tend to be too expensive or too fancy for us. Buca is a wonderful place. The atmosphere is like you are in your favorite Italian Grandma's home. The food is acceptable and it is fun to order family style. We usually eat here for holidays because it is so easy to make reservations via Open Table. Great desserts also!Special Features:
- Bland and TastelesseatwellDined on 6/15/2014We were disappointed with the food at Bucca. The eggplant parm and calamari were overcooked and our mashed potatoes and alfredo pasta had almost no flavor. I only allow myself "cheat" meals occasionally, so I'm disappointed I wasted it on this place. I guess my experience is typical for a chain restaurant, however.Special Features:
- Excellent food/service, but priceyenyayDined on 6/13/2014I've been going to Buca since I was little, and the food is always authentic tasting, the servers extremely friendly, and the atmosphere a lot of fun. The food is, however, a little bit on the pricey side for pasta.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- HummingbirdDined on 6/6/2014First time to Buca di Beppo. Waitress was very nice and explained the menu. Food was delicious. Only thing was the air-conditioning in the first room downstairs on LH side was freezing cold. Everyone in that room mentioned how cold it was so it wasn't just us. Other rooms seems warmer.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 5/11/2014I was disappointed this time. We went on Mother's Day, which probably wasn't the best day to go since the help was extremely busy and couldn't accommodate us as much as I thought they should. We didn't get refills on soda/water, did not receive extra red sauce as requested for the pasta. Overall, between the lack of service and the food, I feel the visit was overpriced.Special Features:
- Mother's Day SurpriseLuvItalianDined on 5/11/2014It was my wife's first time there and me and my family TRULY ENJOYED OUR DINING EXPERIENCE!! Service was PHENOMENAL. . SERVER WAS GREAT. . AMBIENCE WAS INVITING!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding Customer ServiceLynnDined on 5/10/2014All the staff were polite, friendly and very accommodating.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good SeeviceDebbyhaDined on 5/9/2014Kristi was a great server!!! Food good and unique, fun time w friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Buca di Beppo-Westlake BD CelebrateKaliOrexiDined on 4/29/2014Comfortable Dining Room, Food tasty, Apple Gorgonzola Salad is one of our Very Favorites, we always order a Large. On this evening must have forgotten or run out of the Gorgonzola. Waitress made a point of advising us she had to make the Salad herself and added an extra apple. Pasta good, however one of our Entrees the Chicken Saltimbocca Entree was replaced with another Pasta the Penne San Remo- Explanation was unclear. Drinks/Wine appeared overpriced. Patience was indeed a virtue during this dining experience_Waitress/Staff appeared to be performing double duty&struggling_ Seemed a tough night_we have dined when the whole process ran a lot smoother and professionally__Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pricey but goodYetimanDined on 4/25/2014Even with a gift card, spent way too much money!! Food was good but over priced. Don't like all the ala carte choices. Definitely can't go there often!! Service was excellent!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Easter dinner was a disappointmentThistleDined on 4/20/2014I've been to Buca di Beppo many times and thought it would be wonderful place to bring my parents for Easter dinner. I was wrong. The fettuccini alfredo was sticky and the sauce was tasteless. The chicken dish was a bit dry. Even my mom's drink (a non-alcoholic lemonade with Sprite) didn't have any lemon flavor to it. They advertised extensively that they were a wonderful place to have Easter dinner. They were wrong.Special Features:
- The WaitWaitingDined on 4/20/2014Arrived about 2:15 Reservations 2:30 /Seated about 3:00 Later reservations seated before us.I would recommend this to a friend.
- easterjbscleveDined on 4/20/2014Service was excellent. Food was quite good, though not as good as prior visits. Atmosphere left something to be desired. We were squeezed in a basement room between two large, loud parties. It is not their fault they were loud, but it left a lot to be desired for us.(party of 3) It was Easter, so that has to be taken into account. You are an expensive restaurant, so more is expected. The confines of the basement seating, are really not very desirable.Special Features:
- Not that great this timerarelyeatout4Dined on 4/20/2014We have dined at Buca's quite a few times.Easter Sunday, but we were all rather disappointed with the taste of what we ordered. The spaghetti was all stuck together,linguine had no olive oil and seasonings and was not brought on the side.The meatballs were actually quite fatty tasting. It was very expensive and we had forgotten that everything costs $20. It set us back quite a bit financially.Two of the three things we ordered we thought were personal dinners. It was an OK visit. We did bring massive amounts home, but did not eat because none of us felt that great after eating there. Probably not going to be our next choice for eating out Italian. Our server was very nice and pleasant and very tentative.Special Features:
- Kitchen Tableluv2dinDined on 4/20/2014Enjoyed Easter lunch at the kitchen table! The interaction with the Chef and the servers is definitely something that I enjoyed the most! The food was outstanding and the service was superb! We enjoyed the spicy chicken pasta and the baked ziti! I will definitely be back!Special Features:
- Great Easter Lunch at Buca di BeppoKarenDined on 4/20/2014You can't go wrong with Buca di Beppo. The food is consistently good. The service is good. The ambiance is amazing with every wall decorated with bits of Italian memorabilia. We chose their 1893 salad, Baked Ziti, and Lasagne. The only reason I didn't give 5 stars for the food is that the portion of Lasagne is a bit small for the price. But it is delicious. The service is dependably good. Again the only reason I didn't give 5 stars is our server was efficient, but not very enthusiastic. Part of the ambiance is having an out-going server, which we have often had. We ended the meal with the Colossal Brownie Sundae which was fantastic for four people to share and so much fun to eat. Very good experience.Special Features:
- The food is very average quality.CoachBDined on 4/3/2014The food is very average quality. It is like buying in bulk.Special Features:
- Love big family dinnersLove2CelebrateDined on 3/23/2014We went to Buca for my husband's birthday. It was impromptu and we ended up with a party of 16. The food was great, and our duo of waitresses did a fabulous job. I love family style dining. It's like being at home, but someone else does the dishes. What's not to love?Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Servicesatisfiedpartyof20Dined on 3/22/2014Our server was outstanding!!! We had a group of twenty and she handled out table like it was a party of 6. Friendly, prompt, and thorough.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Warm and comfySandyDined on 3/17/2014Four of us had a wonderful meal picked from your 4 for forty menu ( Ravioli and caeser salad ) we added a bottle of the house white. What I enjoyed is that I wasn't freezing from the air conditioning blowing down on me like most restaurants. I actually felt comfy, cozy ,warm......Our waitress was pleasant and helpful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food and Fun AtmosphereHolHelDined on 3/8/2014We had a reservation for a large party of 13, the staff accommodated our requests and the food was very good. Will definitely be returning for other occasions and learned that when they say the order will feed 4 individuals, it most definitely will!!! The décor was very interesting and fun and the staff was polite and patient.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Party TimeBirthdayBoyDined on 3/7/2014We had an excellent time celebrating my birthday! The food was great and the service was outstanding. They took care of us like family. The noise indicator for this review was mostly our celebrating, the restaurant itself was quiet, but I could see it being a little loud when full. Overall, had a great time with great food and great service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- baddymaxiDined on 3/1/2014Not at all happy. Asked to be seated upstairs due to my resent knee surgery. Was told they couldn't because they were closing the upstairs down. Only to find when we were leaving people still sitting in upstairs booths. Out of cranberries for salad, out of tiramasu so they threw one together and was real mushy. Not at all happy.........
- love the kitchenbucafanDined on 3/1/2014Great food, wonderful service. Very friendly. Family atmosphere.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful diningthesweetensDined on 2/28/2014This is a great place to eat but bring your appetite as it is not for the dainty appetite for sure. The wait staff is very friendly and just a wonderful place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We came to eat for my birthdaygttimeDined on 2/25/2014We came to eat for my birthday and had a great evening. Camy our waitress was a real gem. She made our experience that much better. She was friendly, extremely helpful and could not have pleased us more. We told her how much we enjoyed having her for our server and she said she loved having tables with people like us. Give her a pat on the back for us. We cannot buy the wine (MAZZONI) anywhere but here. We bought 3 bottles. I wish we could buy a case from the distributer.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.