Buca di Beppo - Waldorf
11110 Mall Circle Suite #1016
Waldorf, MD 20603Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
Buca di Beppo - Waldorf
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.bucadibeppo.com/
- Phone: 3019329617x
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Thursday: 11:00am - 9:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 11:00am - 10:00pm, Sunday: 11:00am - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Italian, Comfort Food
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Gluten-free Menu, Private Room, Takeout
- Catering: Our full menu is available for Buca To Go and Delivery. If you"re hosting a special occasion or group event at your home, office or a local area reception hall, Buca To Go or Buca Delivery is the perfect choice. Our friendly & professional staff will assist you with your order, arrange a specific pick-up time for Buca To Go or deliver your order ($25 delivery fee applies to deliveries). Plates, napkins, eating & serving utensils and condiments are included. No minimum purchase required. Please allow 3 hours for same-day delivery and call for questions/details about our delivery service area.
- Special Events: Our full menu is available for Buca To Go and Delivery. If you're hosting a special occasion or group event at your home, office or a local area reception hall, Buca To Go or Buca Delivery is the perfect choice. Our friendly & professional staff will assist you with your order, arrange a specific pick-up time for Buca To Go or deliver your order ($25 delivery fee applies to deliveries). Plates, napkins, eating & serving utensils and condiments are included. No minimum purchase required. Please allow 3 hours for same-day delivery and call for questions/details about our delivery service area.
A word from Buca di Beppo - Waldorf
Buca di Beppo serves authentic Italian cuisine in an eclectic, vintage setting. Our dishes are served family-style, meant to be shared by everyone at the table. Two sizes are available: BUCA SMALL feeds two or more and BUCA LARGE feeds four or more. At Buca, guests delight in our lively atmosphere, enjoy the classic tunes of Frank Sinatra and Dean Martin and admire our decor, including family photos and candid shots of Italian-American icons, such as Sophia Loren and Joe DiMaggio. Our energetic atmosphere, delicious food and friendly staff make Buca di Beppo the perfect place for great Italian food and fun.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerKid Friendly
Buca di Beppo - Waldorf - Best Restaurants in Waldorf ›
Buca di Beppo - Waldorf reviews from OpenTable diners
20 reviews since June 4, 2014
- Ambiance3.7Noise LevelModerate
good for groups (15)special occasion (10)kid-friendly (9)fit for foodies (7)neighborhood gem (6)great for lunch (6)great for outdoor dining (5)great for brunch (3)notable wine list (2)late-night find (2)hot spot (2)vibrant bar scene (2)scenic view (1)romantic (1)Show More
- Birthday CelebrationOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/19/2014There were 8 of us celebrating a friends birthday, that we thought was going to be exciting because two people in the group recommended this place. We waited like 30 minutes before we could get our waiter to come over and take our drink orders, which he got mixed up, and were very watery tasting. Then it took him another 30 minutes to take our food orders, which was ok, but we had filled up on bread and salad, so when our entrees came out, we were not really hungry any more. The two people who recommended this place was really disappointed, because the 3 other times of them coming to this particular place, they received excellent service the whole way through....maybe the waiter was having a bad day, that's why I would still recommend itSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- sad experienceKate524Dined on 9/19/2014I made a reservation of four. When I arrived it seemed the receptionist had no clue of my reservation, yet I received a confirmation email and a reminder of my reservation. After we ordered our food it took well over an hour to get it. While my food was good, my counterparts food was completely cold. Their were two cooks and they both started arguing which was very unprofessional if we could hear it way across the dining room. We also noticed the tables around us were having issues with their food. I would not recommended this place.
- Good Food - Great ServiceCharlieDined on 9/5/2014We arrived early so the restaurant was empty except for us and the staff. The service was excellent. The food was good, but not like what my mother used to make. To be fair, I'm Sicilian and my mother was a great cook. this is a good place to go if you want a decent Italian meal with generous portions.Special Features:
- nikaDined on 8/31/2014Enjoyed every minute! The staff is great!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2004VIPDined on 8/30/2014Great food and service....but I have had to follow up with them on twice for different dining trips about receiving my OpenTable points. Didn't receive them for this trip either.Special Features:
- Poor ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 8/13/2014When Buca first opened the managers were about making sure everyone was catered to. I asked the manager if this kind of service would remain in place down the road. He assured me it would. We went there last Wednesday for dinner. We waited at least 15 minutes, No wait staff approached us at all. We got tired of being agnored so we went to Ruby Tuesday. What happen to the service you promised, managers at Buca.
- Good food, shareable portionsOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 7/20/2014Bucca di Beppo is one of my favorites and has been for a few years now. Glad they opened an additional location. Definitely kid friendly; 2 fussy kids there during my recent visit. This new location has a large space and attached to mall, so you can walk off your food afterwards. Great service and attention.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/28/2014I have referred this restaurant to my friends and family. Everything was great the sitting was not so good. My family shared the small room with another family and we had to continuously ask them to excuse use so that we could go to the bathroom or leave. We were disturbing them well they tried to enjoy their food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- TOO SLOWBiCoastalDinerDined on 6/24/2014We would not recommend this restaurant. They claim to be family style. There were 10 of us and we had to wait for everything. And the restaurant was empty. When the food did come out only half were served. The balance of our group had to wait. We had to ask numerous times for drink refills, alcoholic drinks (which were not good), crushed red pepper, etc. What a missed opportunity to impress a group of people who could then tell 10 more people each of a good experience!
- My First visit and not my last!SweetSinger25Dined on 6/21/2014What a great experience! I made reservations for a special occasion and received great service even before I had reached the dY of the reservation. The restaurant had called to double check my reservation and to find out what the special occasion was. When we reached the restaurant we were given impeccable service! Everyone was so nice. We had ordered a bruschetta and unfortunately they were out but the manager had treated us to mozzarella instead, no charge! I have worked in food services before and can be really picky about customer service but this place was more than satisfactory. I highly recommend everyone coming for an amazing experience and a delicious meal!!Special Features:
- 1st Time DinerOpenTableDiner2013VIPDined on 6/21/2014We were looking for a family-friendly place to have dinner after a long afternoon activity and I found Buca de Beppo on Open Table. The hostess was excellent, personable, engaging with the two children in our party and genuinely welcoming to us as first time diners. Food was served family style and the portions were generous---we even had leftovers. The food was very good. Our server wasn't quite as attentive as the hostess had been but all in all, it was a pleasant family dining experience.Special Features:
- disappointedDined on 6/16/2014Very disappointed overall. You were out of veal and you didn't have the wine we asked for. Our waitress also was the bartender, so she was not always available.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- too expensiveEllenDined on 6/15/2014Family style servings, everything is ala carte. Too expensive for what you get. Would not go back.
- Great family style Italian diningCeeCeeDCDined on 6/14/2014I love everything about Buca di Beppo. Great food, affordable price, fun ambiance and wonderful experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/14/2014The food is great and deffentely filling. we love eating at Buca di Beppo.. i would recommend it to anyone..Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- mustlove2dine2Dined on 6/14/2014Our dining out that evening was wonderful as usual (This was our 3rd. time there) We enjoyed to food, service and the atmosphere. It became a little noisy later after a family of (2) adults and (5) children were seated next to us. Overall it was a good dining experience. ThanksSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 49 reviews are from the Buca di Beppo - Waldorf reviews archive.
- Birthday TripDRobVIPDined on 6/3/2014I took the family there to celebrate a birthday. There was a total of seven of us. There was plenty of food and it was excellent. The staff was courteous and attentive. We ordered 3 big dishes so took a little while to get to the table. The food was hot and delicious. The dessert was a bonus.Special Features:
- Good FoodJansreviewsVIPDined on 5/31/2014The setting is interesting. When we first walked in there were so many vintage pictures. We ate very late so the wait wasn't bad at all. Our waitress was very nice and accomodating. The food is rather pricey but it's family style dining so the portions are huge. I ate at the restaurant 3 days ago and STILL have leftovers. The restaurant was closing and I was trying to hurry as to not hold them up but no one tried to rush us. It was nice.Special Features:
- Not goodKatlin2014Dined on 5/24/2014I would not recommend it!! It was terrible the service and the experience.Special Features:
- The whole family loved it!DeborahDined on 5/10/2014We went to the Waldorf restaurant for an early Mothers Day dinner. We loved it! The food was fabulous as was the service. Patrick was very attentive to our needs the whole time we were there and Kira came over as well even though we weren't her table. We got to take plenty of food home to enjoy the next day. I saw a review that said the small lasagna wasn't enough and they had to order another one....???? Ours was huge! Four of us ate some of it and 3 of us ate the leftovers the next day! We will definitely come back again!Special Features:
- not do greatdisappointedDined on 4/20/2014My sausage and peppers was so over cooked that I could not even cut them. I did not give it back because the waitress was so nice. My Alfredo was dry. I won't come again.Special Features:
- Sunday lunchVivianDined on 4/20/2014Ten of us enjoyed lovely lunch and the food was delicious. Two dinners were slow in arriving to the table and the waitress announced (before we complained about the slow service) that they were "comping" those two meals. I still wish that smaller portions were available. One does not always want to share a meal, nor take half of it home. My other wish is for a diet-friendly choice or two. --VivianSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great service and personalitiesOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 4/17/2014The server and the host were both very helpful and made the experience fun and enjoyable for all that were thereSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Eclectic furnishings ok foodkimmaDined on 4/4/2014Went to Bucca as a first timer. Professional, courteous waitstaff. Family style menu was explained in detail. Tried the lasagna, chicken parm , garlic bread and cesear salad. Chicken was cooked well but lacking in flavor. lasagna was tasty but noodles could have been more al dente. Ok wine selection. Good fun local for groups and ok for kids.Special Features:
- The food was great but thesahowardDined on 4/1/2014The food was great but the service was horrible. We waited for an hour before the server even took our order. He didn't visit the table much. Everytime the hostess sat someone in the section that we were in, we had to ask her to get us things such as refills, bread, OUR SERVER. It was my mother in laws birthday. She has never been to this restaurant and asked that we take her. The experience was HORRIBLE! We will not be returning to this restaurant.Special Features:
- Decent, but costlyDonHVIPDined on 3/22/2014This is a chain restaurant that serves very large portions, meant to be shared. The bar didn't carry Makers Mark or Wild Turkey. The staff was very friendly and helpful. Overall, the meal was overpriced.
- Everything was there but descretionpalanceDined on 3/21/2014The food was really pretty good. Our young waiter felt like my wife needed more attention than I did. Food servers had no idea where it was supposed to go and rolled their eyes a lot. The manager's sarcasm with staff was embarrassing. An evening out with our daughter and on my wife's birthday was like a reality show and full of tension and drama. Even an impromptu interview with a applicant in front of the bathrooms. I hate to be this blunt, but giving such an inexperienced and unprofessional group such a nice franchise is like lipstick on a pig. I am sure we will be back because of it's potential in a market that needs them but in the meantime, but management has a lot of work to do- and they can start with themselves.Special Features:
- Great servicebucafan1Dined on 3/15/2014We have been to several Buca restaurants in Florida, Arizona, and Washington, DC. The new Buca is Waldorf, MD seems smaller than the other Buca restaurants, but they do a great job. We had a great server (again). Her name was Amanda. The shrimp and spinach pasta was very good.Special Features:
- Birthday in the pope roomOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 2/28/2014We thoroughly enjoyed our dinner celebration. Patrick, our server was very friendly, professional and helpful with suggestions. We would definately consider coming back for more special occasions. The food is memorable! YUMMY!Special Features:
- Dining ExperiencePalmerDined on 2/18/2014Our dining experience was great. We ordered 3 large dishes and a large salad for our group of nine. Two of the dishes were fantastic; however, the third was so spicy no one could eat it. Overall a great experience.Special Features:
- ReservationsOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 2/14/2014The food and atmospher was nice the waitress was friendly and very good my wife really enjoyed herself out for valentine. Our only complaint was with reservations. We had reservations for 715pm but didn't get seated until 8:00pm but over all the experience was very nice and yes we will be back!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Weird servicemdsbrainDined on 1/26/2014We've visited this location a few times and each time our service is poor. We don't complain to the manager because they are part of the poor service. Having visited several other Bucas I am used to great food and quality service. This location misses the mark.Special Features:
- great food -- slow serviceJrawkDined on 1/25/2014The food was very good and portions were adequate for the prices. But slow service. We made a reservation for two at 5pm Sat.. We arrived at 4:45 and seated promptly. Our drinks took 5 minutes to arrive. We placed our appetizer order when we got our drinks, and then ordered our entree 10 minutes later . Got our appetizer 10 min after ordering our entree (5:10). Our Salad came out 15 min after appetizer (5:25) and the entree took another 20 min (5:45pm). Our waitress did not ask us for desert, we ordered it when she braught the doggy bags, roughly 20 min after getting our entree (6:05). Desert came out 10 minutes later. 10 minutes more to receive our Bill. And we left at 6:35. That was a very long dining experience for two.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Loud, vibrant, and much like familyNickSweetmanDined on 1/11/2014The restaurant is so loud. Birthday singing and clapping time after time. The food was decent, besides making our order only half-size. They did correct it, but forgot about refills and our check. It was just a rough night, and not a place I'm likely to return to.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great quality and service!!!Ate2muchDined on 12/28/2013First time at the Waldorf location and could not be happier. The food and service was excellent. Once inside you really forget it is located in the Mall.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Family Style DiningSMDTravelerDined on 12/23/2013Went with my wife, mom and brother. Had the chopped salad, calamari, meatball appetizer, ham stuffed chicken, veal Marsala , and a bowl of spaghetti. You can order "small" or "large" portions. We ordered the small sizes and that was more than enough for us, plus we took home some food. Enjoyed everything. The veal Marsala was a little on the sweet side but good. With the small bowl of tomato sauce that accompanied the calimari they put in too many red pepper flakes. Other than that all good. Staff was well trained and very friendly. Great friends and family dinner place!Special Features:
- Buca di Beppo is AwesomeclgriffithDined on 12/21/2013We celebrated my birthday at Buca. The reservations were made online and very easy to schedule. The manager called about two hours before and confirmed and answered the questions I had put in my reservation. He also told us that he may have to site us at adjoining tables so we wouldn't be surprised when we arrived. Very thoughtful. The food was good. We did have to send the lasagna back to be heated more. The calamari is the best I've ever had. The waiter and waitress we had assigned to us were the best. Friendly, funny and professional. We had 15 in our party and they were on top of everything. Thank you for making my birthday dinner a special time.Special Features:
- LOW SERVICE STANDARDSOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 12/20/2013You have a great manager in Leonard Blair however the STAFF NEEDS ALOT OF WORK. The bartender during happy hour was so unprofessional and the bus attendant. The tall blonde male manager needs to shadow Leonard it appears that he does not like to handle guest service issue he was asked to come back to our table multiple times however never did after walking pass our table three times. The server which was great by the way even stated she informed him but was not sure why he was coming to the table. After waiting at least 30 minutes one of the guest from our table went to ask for another manager which was Leonard. At 935pm we ask for a glass of tea and the bus person said there was none left because they were about to close at 10pm. Really!
- DisappointedDiner20744Dined on 12/14/2013Buca is one of my favorite restaurants. Visit Connecticut Ave location a lot. Second visit to Waldorf. Our server was "fair," the food did not come out of the kitchen at a good pace; veal & side of spaghetti was lukewarm. Unlikely to visit this location again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AlrightseafoodDined on 12/13/2013Our food took too long then chicken was over-done. Too expensive for what they offer.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.