Buca di Beppo - Waldorf
11110 Mall Circle Suite #1016
Waldorf, MD 20603Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
Buca di Beppo - Waldorf
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.bucadibeppo.com/
- Phone: (301) 932-9617
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Thursday: 11:00am - 9:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 11:00am - 10:00pm, Sunday: 11:00am - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Italian, Comfort Food
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Gluten-free Menu, Private Room, Takeout
- Catering: Our full menu is available for Buca To Go and Delivery. If you"re hosting a special occasion or group event at your home, office or a local area reception hall, Buca To Go or Buca Delivery is the perfect choice. Our friendly & professional staff will assist you with your order, arrange a specific pick-up time for Buca To Go or deliver your order ($25 delivery fee applies to deliveries). Plates, napkins, eating & serving utensils and condiments are included. No minimum purchase required. Please allow 3 hours for same-day delivery and call for questions/details about our delivery service area.
- Special Events: Our full menu is available for Buca To Go and Delivery. If you're hosting a special occasion or group event at your home, office or a local area reception hall, Buca To Go or Buca Delivery is the perfect choice. Our friendly & professional staff will assist you with your order, arrange a specific pick-up time for Buca To Go or deliver your order ($25 delivery fee applies to deliveries). Plates, napkins, eating & serving utensils and condiments are included. No minimum purchase required. Please allow 3 hours for same-day delivery and call for questions/details about our delivery service area.
A word from Buca di Beppo - Waldorf
Buca di Beppo serves authentic Italian cuisine in an eclectic, vintage setting. Our dishes are served family-style, meant to be shared by everyone at the table. Two sizes are available: BUCA SMALL feeds two or more and BUCA LARGE feeds four or more. At Buca, guests delight in our lively atmosphere, enjoy the classic tunes of Frank Sinatra and Dean Martin and admire our decor, including family photos and candid shots of Italian-American icons, such as Sophia Loren and Joe DiMaggio. Our energetic atmosphere, delicious food and friendly staff make Buca di Beppo the perfect place for great Italian food and fun.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Buca di Beppo - Waldorf reviews from OpenTable diners
22 reviews since July 28, 2014
- Ambiance3.3Noise LevelModerate
good for groups (12)great for lunch (9)special occasion (7)fit for foodies (6)kid-friendly (6)neighborhood gem (6)great for brunch (2)great for outdoor dining (2)hot spot (2)late-night find (2)notable wine list (2)vibrant bar scene (1)romantic (1)scenic view (1)Show More
- Truly terribleLaraVIPDined on 11/16/20144 of our dining party requested gluten free pasta while ordering our dishes. The waitress either didn't understand what that meant or assumed she did. After 5-10 minutes she came back and said they couldn't do that and everyone had to reorder. She never 'checked on us' or refilled anything during our almost 2 hour dinner. The place was scary empty for a Sunday evening family place. Now I know why. Buca used to be big delicious portions with a super fun atmosphere. Now it's just changed. Surprised at the prices for what we got and not even flavorful to be honest. What a waste.
- Good EatsShynestarVIPDined on 11/16/2014Pretty good food and service. Never seen crowded. If you're in the Waldorf area and have a taste for authentic Italian food, Bucca is the place to go!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Great Dining ExperienceTonyDined on 11/14/2014We were there on 11/14/2014. It was myself and 3 brothers. One brother had been there before, who also recommended the place. I must say we had a grand time. The food was most excellent, and the service was great as well. I also want to commend the young man(Johnathan) that waited on and served us. That young man did a fantastic job. We were more than pleased with everything. Thank you for a very great and wonderful dining experience. We will certainly come again. JamesSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Buca Di Beppo DelightMarMacDined on 11/9/2014Once the ordering scheme was figured out, we got our food fairly quick, it was hot and prepared very well and was enjoyed by everyone. I would recommend this restaurant to anyone looking for delicious Italian.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Family style Italian,kitschy decorLegalWineBardVIPDined on 11/7/2014This is the spot if you want an abundance of food so much that you are guaranteed leftovers! Wine selection is limited and our first choice Zenato Valpolicella was out of stock. It's a fun laid back atmosphere with over the top Romano decor...even the Romans would laugh (seriously) unfortunately you could see into the dishwasher area from our seated perspective and it could have been cleaner! The saving grace and overall rating of good was due to our lovely server Edita. She gave us exceptional service and the staff was lively. It is what it is...not 5 star but a lot of fun and straight forward trattoria food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awful food and huge portions.Luv2dineVIPDined on 10/30/2014Awful food and huge portions.. The food was cold when brought in we had to send it back to get it reheated ... Never be back !!! It's a chain place and feels very artificial !
- I would definitely return here.OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/24/2014I had neber been to this Italian spot beofre and being a foodie, once i heard about it I had to come. I was not disappointed. The food was amazing, service was great, and ambiance was stellar. Would return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I wouldn't go backPlur420Dined on 10/17/2014Our waiter was very nice and they had a big table to accommodate all nine of us. However the food was just mediocre at best.
- Great Expeirence!NeecyDined on 10/15/2014This was a great experience for our Retirement Group! All of the food was great and, we had food to take home for dinner.Special Features:
- Specialty Pastacrazy4goodfoodDined on 10/13/2014Food was terrific ! Excellent and will be going back before end of the month. My specialty pasta was in a spicy tomato sauce with pepperoni and sausage and other one was to die for with chicken and fried eggplant. It's my understanding these Pasta dishes change at end of October. Service was great and atmosphere is cozy Old World Italian.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday DiningOctober4thDined on 10/4/2014We reserved seating for 16 people and 15 showed up. The service was terrible because none of the servers was on the same page. We had dinner style and I was at a table of 8 people and one of the entrees was spaghetti and we received 1 bowl and when I asked for another bowl to share one waitress told me sure and the other came back and said no that was it for the evening. The bar was another issue, they ran out of a certain liqour and was told that they mainly serve wine, well okay, take it off the bar for customers to see. We was suppose to get drinks with the dinner style menu and was never offered, so we complained and got nothing but excuses. The overall dining experience was terrible and I'm not recommending to anyone.Special Features:
- Birthday CelebrationOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/19/2014There were 8 of us celebrating a friends birthday, that we thought was going to be exciting because two people in the group recommended this place. We waited like 30 minutes before we could get our waiter to come over and take our drink orders, which he got mixed up, and were very watery tasting. Then it took him another 30 minutes to take our food orders, which was ok, but we had filled up on bread and salad, so when our entrees came out, we were not really hungry any more. The two people who recommended this place was really disappointed, because the 3 other times of them coming to this particular place, they received excellent service the whole way through....maybe the waiter was having a bad day, that's why I would still recommend itSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- sad experienceKate524Dined on 9/19/2014I made a reservation of four. When I arrived it seemed the receptionist had no clue of my reservation, yet I received a confirmation email and a reminder of my reservation. After we ordered our food it took well over an hour to get it. While my food was good, my counterparts food was completely cold. Their were two cooks and they both started arguing which was very unprofessional if we could hear it way across the dining room. We also noticed the tables around us were having issues with their food. I would not recommended this place.
- Good Food - Great ServiceCharlieDined on 9/5/2014We arrived early so the restaurant was empty except for us and the staff. The service was excellent. The food was good, but not like what my mother used to make. To be fair, I'm Sicilian and my mother was a great cook. this is a good place to go if you want a decent Italian meal with generous portions.Special Features:
- nikaDined on 8/31/2014Enjoyed every minute! The staff is great!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2004VIPDined on 8/30/2014Great food and service....but I have had to follow up with them on twice for different dining trips about receiving my OpenTable points. Didn't receive them for this trip either.Special Features:
- Poor ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 8/13/2014When Buca first opened the managers were about making sure everyone was catered to. I asked the manager if this kind of service would remain in place down the road. He assured me it would. We went there last Wednesday for dinner. We waited at least 15 minutes, No wait staff approached us at all. We got tired of being agnored so we went to Ruby Tuesday. What happen to the service you promised, managers at Buca.
- The following 59 reviews are from the Buca di Beppo - Waldorf reviews archive.
- Good food, shareable portionsOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 7/20/2014Bucca di Beppo is one of my favorites and has been for a few years now. Glad they opened an additional location. Definitely kid friendly; 2 fussy kids there during my recent visit. This new location has a large space and attached to mall, so you can walk off your food afterwards. Great service and attention.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/28/2014I have referred this restaurant to my friends and family. Everything was great the sitting was not so good. My family shared the small room with another family and we had to continuously ask them to excuse use so that we could go to the bathroom or leave. We were disturbing them well they tried to enjoy their food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- TOO SLOWBiCoastalDinerDined on 6/24/2014We would not recommend this restaurant. They claim to be family style. There were 10 of us and we had to wait for everything. And the restaurant was empty. When the food did come out only half were served. The balance of our group had to wait. We had to ask numerous times for drink refills, alcoholic drinks (which were not good), crushed red pepper, etc. What a missed opportunity to impress a group of people who could then tell 10 more people each of a good experience!
- My First visit and not my last!SweetSinger25Dined on 6/21/2014What a great experience! I made reservations for a special occasion and received great service even before I had reached the dY of the reservation. The restaurant had called to double check my reservation and to find out what the special occasion was. When we reached the restaurant we were given impeccable service! Everyone was so nice. We had ordered a bruschetta and unfortunately they were out but the manager had treated us to mozzarella instead, no charge! I have worked in food services before and can be really picky about customer service but this place was more than satisfactory. I highly recommend everyone coming for an amazing experience and a delicious meal!!Special Features:
- 1st Time DinerOpenTableDiner2013VIPDined on 6/21/2014We were looking for a family-friendly place to have dinner after a long afternoon activity and I found Buca de Beppo on Open Table. The hostess was excellent, personable, engaging with the two children in our party and genuinely welcoming to us as first time diners. Food was served family style and the portions were generous---we even had leftovers. The food was very good. Our server wasn't quite as attentive as the hostess had been but all in all, it was a pleasant family dining experience.Special Features:
- disappointedDined on 6/16/2014Very disappointed overall. You were out of veal and you didn't have the wine we asked for. Our waitress also was the bartender, so she was not always available.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- too expensiveEllenDined on 6/15/2014Family style servings, everything is ala carte. Too expensive for what you get. Would not go back.
- Great family style Italian diningCeeCeeDCVIPDined on 6/14/2014I love everything about Buca di Beppo. Great food, affordable price, fun ambiance and wonderful experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/14/2014The food is great and deffentely filling. we love eating at Buca di Beppo.. i would recommend it to anyone..Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- mustlove2dine2Dined on 6/14/2014Our dining out that evening was wonderful as usual (This was our 3rd. time there) We enjoyed to food, service and the atmosphere. It became a little noisy later after a family of (2) adults and (5) children were seated next to us. Overall it was a good dining experience. ThanksSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday TripDRobVIPDined on 6/3/2014I took the family there to celebrate a birthday. There was a total of seven of us. There was plenty of food and it was excellent. The staff was courteous and attentive. We ordered 3 big dishes so took a little while to get to the table. The food was hot and delicious. The dessert was a bonus.Special Features:
- Good FoodJansreviewsVIPDined on 5/31/2014The setting is interesting. When we first walked in there were so many vintage pictures. We ate very late so the wait wasn't bad at all. Our waitress was very nice and accomodating. The food is rather pricey but it's family style dining so the portions are huge. I ate at the restaurant 3 days ago and STILL have leftovers. The restaurant was closing and I was trying to hurry as to not hold them up but no one tried to rush us. It was nice.Special Features:
- Not goodKatlin2014Dined on 5/24/2014I would not recommend it!! It was terrible the service and the experience.Special Features:
- The whole family loved it!DeborahDined on 5/10/2014We went to the Waldorf restaurant for an early Mothers Day dinner. We loved it! The food was fabulous as was the service. Patrick was very attentive to our needs the whole time we were there and Kira came over as well even though we weren't her table. We got to take plenty of food home to enjoy the next day. I saw a review that said the small lasagna wasn't enough and they had to order another one....???? Ours was huge! Four of us ate some of it and 3 of us ate the leftovers the next day! We will definitely come back again!Special Features:
- not do greatdisappointedDined on 4/20/2014My sausage and peppers was so over cooked that I could not even cut them. I did not give it back because the waitress was so nice. My Alfredo was dry. I won't come again.Special Features:
- Sunday lunchVivianDined on 4/20/2014Ten of us enjoyed lovely lunch and the food was delicious. Two dinners were slow in arriving to the table and the waitress announced (before we complained about the slow service) that they were "comping" those two meals. I still wish that smaller portions were available. One does not always want to share a meal, nor take half of it home. My other wish is for a diet-friendly choice or two. --VivianSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great service and personalitiesOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 4/17/2014The server and the host were both very helpful and made the experience fun and enjoyable for all that were thereSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Eclectic furnishings ok foodkimmaDined on 4/4/2014Went to Bucca as a first timer. Professional, courteous waitstaff. Family style menu was explained in detail. Tried the lasagna, chicken parm , garlic bread and cesear salad. Chicken was cooked well but lacking in flavor. lasagna was tasty but noodles could have been more al dente. Ok wine selection. Good fun local for groups and ok for kids.Special Features:
- The food was great but thesahowardDined on 4/1/2014The food was great but the service was horrible. We waited for an hour before the server even took our order. He didn't visit the table much. Everytime the hostess sat someone in the section that we were in, we had to ask her to get us things such as refills, bread, OUR SERVER. It was my mother in laws birthday. She has never been to this restaurant and asked that we take her. The experience was HORRIBLE! We will not be returning to this restaurant.Special Features:
- Decent, but costlyDonHVIPDined on 3/22/2014This is a chain restaurant that serves very large portions, meant to be shared. The bar didn't carry Makers Mark or Wild Turkey. The staff was very friendly and helpful. Overall, the meal was overpriced.
- Everything was there but descretionpalanceDined on 3/21/2014The food was really pretty good. Our young waiter felt like my wife needed more attention than I did. Food servers had no idea where it was supposed to go and rolled their eyes a lot. The manager's sarcasm with staff was embarrassing. An evening out with our daughter and on my wife's birthday was like a reality show and full of tension and drama. Even an impromptu interview with a applicant in front of the bathrooms. I hate to be this blunt, but giving such an inexperienced and unprofessional group such a nice franchise is like lipstick on a pig. I am sure we will be back because of it's potential in a market that needs them but in the meantime, but management has a lot of work to do- and they can start with themselves.Special Features:
- Great servicebucafan1Dined on 3/15/2014We have been to several Buca restaurants in Florida, Arizona, and Washington, DC. The new Buca is Waldorf, MD seems smaller than the other Buca restaurants, but they do a great job. We had a great server (again). Her name was Amanda. The shrimp and spinach pasta was very good.Special Features:
- Birthday in the pope roomOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 2/28/2014We thoroughly enjoyed our dinner celebration. Patrick, our server was very friendly, professional and helpful with suggestions. We would definately consider coming back for more special occasions. The food is memorable! YUMMY!Special Features: