Buca di Beppo - Utica
12575 Hall Road
Utica, MI 48317Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
Buca di Beppo - Utica
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.bucadibeppo.com/
- Phone: 5868039463x
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Thursday: 11:00am - 10:00pm, Friday & Saturday: 11:00am - 11:00pm, Sunday: 11:00am - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Italian, Comfort Food
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Our full menu is available for Buca To Go and Delivery. If you're hosting a special occasion or group event at your home, office or a local area reception hall, Buca To Go or Buca Delivery is the perfect choice. Our friendly & professional staff will assist you with your order, arrange a specific pick-up time for Buca To Go or deliver your order ($25 delivery fee applies to deliveries). Plates, napkins, eating & serving utensils and condiments are included. No minimum purchase required. Please allow 3 hours for same-day delivery and call for questions/details about our delivery service area.
- Special Events: Whether you’re celebrating a special occasion, planning a business dinner or having a night out with family and friends, Buca di Beppo is your answer to one fabulous group dining experience! Buca serves authentic Italian family-style meals in an eclectic, vintage setting. Our knowledgeable staff will help organize and plan your group event or meetings with diverse lunch or dinner banquet packages - ideal for groups of 20 or more. Private and semi-private rooms are available.
A word from Buca di Beppo - Utica
Buca di Beppo serves authentic Italian cuisine in an eclectic, vintage setting. Our dishes are served family-style, meant to be shared by everyone at the table. Two sizes are available: BUCA SMALL feeds two or more and BUCA LARGE feeds four or more. At Buca, guests delight in our lively atmosphere, enjoy the classic tunes of Frank Sinatra and Dean Martin and admire our decor, including family photos and candid shots of Italian-American icons, such as Sophia Loren and Joe DiMaggio. Our energetic atmosphere, delicious food and friendly staff make Buca di Beppo the perfect place for great Italian food and fun.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerKid Friendly
Buca di Beppo - Utica - Best Restaurants in Utica ›
Buca di Beppo - Utica reviews from OpenTable diners
16 reviews since June 28, 2014
- Ambiance3.8Noise LevelModerate
good for groups (12)special occasion (9)kid-friendly (9)fit for foodies (5)neighborhood gem (4)romantic (3)great for lunch (1)scenic view (1)late-night find (1)Show More
- Family funGambitDined on 10/5/2014Buca de Peppo is a good place to have family gatherings. They serve good food with comparable prices. The service is excellent and worth noting. I would highly recommend this venue next time you have a special occasion or just having a quiet evening dining with friends and family. When you decide to make a reservation, the staff is very accommodating and knowledgeable.Special Features:
- Good food, over pricedOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/30/2014The food is very good but I must say it is quite over priced for what you are getting. The portions are generous but it really is just pasta, garlic, tomatoes and cheese after all.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Long wait time for foodOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/20/2014Perhaps it was due to the homecoming crowd but it took over 40 minutes to get an appetizer (garlic bread) and salad.Special Features:
- poorenjoyfoodout1Dined on 9/14/2014First the hostess toured us through the entire restaurant and kitchen to seat us back by the hostess stand. This might have been nice has grandpa not been with us. He tires easily and barely walks with a walker. Hosted should have had enough comin sense to skip it. People that came in behind us with no reservations were already seated when we finally arrived at our table next to them. Ordered spaghetti, lasagna and cheesy garlic bread. Spaghetti was bland but hot, lasagna was cold through, very disappointing.
- Food quality has declinedbp184Dined on 9/5/2014Our server, Luc, was really good. One thing about Buca's is that the service is a constant wherever you go. I have never had bad service. The food however has changed since I first started eating here almost 20 years ago. It used to have a charm when you ordered your meal off of the place mats. Now that Planet Hollywood owns them the fresh, daily making of sauces in all of the restaurants ceased and they taste metallic and canned. Their Sangria used to be fresh made from juices and beautifully served. You can tell it now comes from a mix. Overall it is a good "fun occasion" restaurant because of the family style service. But the food is not back to the same quality to make it our Italian restaurant of choice again.Special Features:
- SullyDined on 8/30/2014Food was very good, the server was good, kitchen was very slow. Ordered the 4 for forty and and extra entree of chicken parm. We were a party of 5 adults and two infants. Took about an hour to get the entree's.Special Features:
- my reviewOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/9/2014the ambience is great. the pictures are amazing. food is generally great but this visit the eggplant parmgiana was not cooked properly.Special Features:
- UnimpressedOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/26/2014First time to this restaurant. Family-Style is not great for a couple, as prices are higher than expected and too much food is served. It was loud and the food was overloaded with salt and garlic. So much salt that our mouths were dry an hour after eating and fingers were bloated. Taste was mediocre. When the server brought us bread, he said 'It doesn't usually come out this good.' We could have spent the same $ elsewhere and had a much better food and dining experience. We won't be back.Special Features:
- Great for Birthday celebrationDinnerGroupDined on 7/16/2014We had a party of 6 and wanted to spend several hours together. The staff was attentive and unobtrusive. They recognized we wanted to take our time and were very accommodating. Everyone commented about how they enjoyed the event.Special Features:
- The following 209 reviews are from the Buca di Beppo - Utica reviews archive.
- Great ExperienceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/21/2014Tried for lunch with friends, was pleasantly surprised. Had dinner there with the family on Saturday, good food, good service, more than generous portions.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/15/2014I know it was father's day but it didn't seem that busy, it's my husband's favirote place to eat, service was not good at all, they brought my son's pizza almost 10min after all the other food, ran out of bread, I was very diappointed with this visitSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 1stDate1stDateDined on 6/15/2014Everything was good until we got the lasagna that we ordered. It was cold, had fallen and did not look appealing at all. It was explained to us that they had run out of lasagna earlier and had to make it fresh and when they did it did not set at all. It was not appealing at all but when when cut into it we ate some. The appetizers were the BEST!Special Features:
- SkinnyDined on 6/7/2014Great place to have a p0ost graduation ceremony lunch with the entire family from 70 year old Grandpa to 7 year old grandaughter and 10 others in between. Everyone was able to eat and share their entree with anyone who wanted to try the dish. Apple Salad was SUPER.Special Features:
- HORRIBLE EXPERIENCElovegoodserviceDined on 6/7/2014Buca's ruined our son's graduation lunch. About the only thing our waitress could handle was getting us our first round of drinks. Refills on drinks and bread were challenging for her and apparently putting our food order in was also. After waiting over 45 minutes for our food, we were informed that our ticket was misplaced and it would be out soon. 25 minutes later we received raw meatballs and cold chicken and pasta. Eventually the second round of food came out 20 minutes later but by then everyone was ready to leave. As one last hope we ordered a brownie sundae to share. That arrived 20 minutes later half melted. The saddest part is that the only one who cared was a waiter who had another table.
- Not Coming Backhate2dineDined on 6/1/2014When you first opened up the platters were very generous for the price. Now your family style platters are not enough for a family. Service was very slow. The price was outrageous for the portions and both pastas we ordered were very bland. The lemon chicken was fair but very little pieces for the price and $9.00 for a frozen lemonade without alcohol was outrageous. Very disappointed.
- Not the same Buca di Bepporss4155Dined on 5/23/2014Was very disappointed in the quality of the food and the prices. This is not the same Buca that I remember from past dining experiences in the past. Instead of the garlic cheese bed brought out warm to cut, they now bring a basket with cold cut bread in it for $10. The quality of the pasta and meat dishes very substandard. In my opinion this is exactly what happens when a good restaurant replaces a chef with line cooks. For $288 for (2) entrees, bread, salad and wine, I felt I was ripped off. Not going back.
- Excellent!SuperGreatDined on 5/20/2014First time at Buca di Beppo... it was great. Not only was there great food, but lots of it. Perfect for our team building exercise.Special Features:
- HorribleUnluckyDined on 5/11/2014The restaurant was too hot, we had to wait even though we had a reservation! The food ticket was lost and 1.5 hours later we were told about the lost food ticket! Happy Mothers Day to me
- Bring your appetiteDisappointedVIPDined on 5/11/2014A lot of good food, good service, a bit pricey but I have had left overs for 3 daysSpecial Features:
- It's Italian enough...theAccidentalDinerDined on 5/11/2014The meal was good, better than I could have fixed at home. The family style servings are a nice touch when everyone agrees on a dish, but everyone doesn't always agree, right? Much better food than Olive Garden. Food quality is near a Carrabas or a Macaroni Grill, despite Buca di Beppo's more casual atmosphere.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ServicebanaDined on 5/11/2014Service was great. We had a great waitress. It was a little noisy but it was Mothers Day so all the families were out.Special Features:
- Expectations were beat.OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/9/2014From the minute I walked in, I knew this would be a great experience. The tour through the kitchen, great waiters (Emdritt and his back up). Great food. Large portions. Better than I could have asked for.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bad experiencec812Dined on 4/26/2014Service was slow and it wasn't even busy. The food was thrown together and luke warm. Normally, it's busy and the food & service is good. Will not be going back.
- Not the company it used to be.scorpycoreyDined on 4/25/2014Lots of pasta. Not much meat! Calamari is ridiculously overpriced for what you get. She seemed too rushed. Regular napkins on the table. The silverware was sitting there pre-rolled. It used to be linens. For $19 an app, and $22 a plate id expect much more. The server Didnt bring extra napkins even though we had two children (both under 3). Had to ask for another beverage. Seemed upset when I wanted to wrap my owe food. She insisted that its her job to wrap the leftovers. So.........I let her do it. I was seated just outside of the kitchen and......I heard arguements/guestioning in the kitchen which was really annoying. Then......I heard her ask someone "(name)" just wrap this up for me. Wow! I wasn't ever thee for a total of an hour.
- Consistently delicious Italian foodOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 4/20/2014Consistently delicious Italian food, attentive, friendly service and charming ambience make this a welcome place to eat at a reasonable price. Family-style entrees offer a great value. Highly recommended for families, groups, and couples.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good foodrudolphDined on 4/19/2014Ordered antipasta salad and id not get any meat, so they brought pepperoni after half the salad was gone. Order veggie pizza and this time did not have alot of toppings. Last visit had alot more toppings on pizza.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- New FavoritewesplurgedDined on 3/15/2014We had a wonderful experience at Buca. My husband had been there before but I hadn't. My daughter, son-in-law and grandson joined us and loved it as well. There was a good variety to choose from and the "free" drink glass was an added treat. We'll definitely be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Open TableOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 3/15/2014Open Table concept works. We were all impressed with presentation of the various meal orders as they left the kitchen. It was fun to watch chef staff prepare food dishes. Entire kitchen was run well one of managers. Miranda was our server and she did an excellent job!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not so happyHeatherDined on 3/8/2014I made an online reservation through open table 2 weeks in advance. I called the restaurant to confirm the Thursday prior to the reservation. They told me they gave my reservation to someone who called the restaurant and took it from me because I did it online She told me I should always call so I get "first dibs ". The woman at the restaurant said if I moved my time down to 7:30 I could get in at the table I requested. I called my party of 14 and moved them down. We arrived at 730 as instructed and were not seated until 845. We were not updated , we had to keep asking what was going on. We were not offered alternative seating. We stood at the bar with a group of 14 for over an hour.Special Features:
- Mixed FeelingsitalianloverDined on 3/3/2014The food was good but the portions were not adequate to feed the number of people indicated. We had a party of 5 and wanted a variety so we ordered a small salad (menu claims feeds 2 or more), a large chicken dish (menu claims feeds 4 or more), a large pasta dish (menu claims feeds 4 or more) and a small chicken dish (menu claims feeds 2 or more). By my calculation we ordered enough food for 12 (or more) people but with 4 adults and 1 child we had zero leftovers. The food was good but was not worth the price based on portion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great for a groupOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 2/26/2014I have been to this restaurant both on an intimate dining Experience and in a group. Going in a group is the best way to get the most out of this restaurant. With their family style meals it gives a unique opportunity to sample several dishes. I love the decorating and "small Italy" decor. It is a fun place to go!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome Food!JoeADined on 2/14/2014As close to authentic homemade Italian as it gets. I've never had a bad meal at Buca's and always look forward to the left overs the next day (you'll definitely have leftovers!)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 2/14/2014We made a reservation and got right in! The service was great! We had our drinks full all the time and our lady talked with our son a lot. The good was excellent! It was enough to fill three of us up with a small order of spaghetti and meatballs! Would recommend this to anyone who wants good Italian!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Busy Valentine's DayJTeddyDined on 2/14/2014Went to Buca di Beppo for Valentine's Day. Thankfully, they took a reservation two days earlier. Many restaurants either wouldn't take a reservation or were already booked. We only waited about 10 min. once arriving. Food was pretty good, service was very good. Price was pretty good as well. Not the greatest or fanciest restaurant in the world, but it has the "Old Italy" vibe and is well decorated.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice, but major holidays??YUM214Dined on 2/14/2014I usually love eating at Buca's. We have gone out for birthdays and other celebrations without any problem at all. However, this time the food had a little less flavor than it usually did. Be careful going on Valentine's Day or other holidays where they are pumping out food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nothing Special on this VisitIreneVIPDined on 2/1/2014Went here on a bad weather night and they weren't very busy. Our party of five was seated alone in a room. After appetizers and dinner. A group of more than 30 was seated in our room. Then, we were forgotten. Our dessert took forever (with running out of whipped cream as the reason). So, now as we waited, we were sitting in the middle of what had become a loud & obnoxious room. Dessert finally came (it was delicious) but then we had to hunt down a staff member to pay the bill. Lemon chicken, baked ziti, and salad were good. They were out of the wine we chose. Wait staff was very attentive until the other party arrived.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Family style italianTheGourmandVIPDined on 1/23/2014the food is tasty and plentiful. prepare to eat your fill. and if it needs more sauce just ask for a little more, no problem.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Special Family GatheringsCh00chooDined on 1/18/2014Buca is the best place in the area to celebrate a special family gathering. Great for a small romantic setting for two up to a larger group of 25 or more for a special ananniversary celebration. Buca has the right size room to fit the occasion and enough selection of entrees and wine to please anyone.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Horrible!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 1/10/2014First off, it was apparent that our waiter hated his job. He was very rude and should not be in a service line of work. It took us nearly 2 hours from the time we ordered until we received our entrees. It was brought to our attention that the power went out for a few moments, but never did a manager come to the table to make mention to that nor apologive for the inconvenience. Neither did the waiter. This restaurant has the nerve to charge 5.25 for a DRAFT beer and 9 dollars for a small glass of cheap wine. Really? I might as well go to a football game!! Overall extremely disappointed in the entire experience.. Will not return to this restaurant.
- Always good!JacqueBDined on 12/31/2013The food is consistently and the service was friendly and attentive. The biggest problem is that we all ate too much because the food was so good!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.