Buca di Beppo - Universal City
1000 Universal Studios Blvd.
Universal City, CA 91608Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
Buca di Beppo - Universal City
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.bucadibeppo.com/
- Phone: 8185099463x
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Thursday: 11:00am - 9:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 11:00am - 11:00pm, Sunday: 11:00am - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Italian, Comfort Food
- Executive Chef: Juan Borjas
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Delivery, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Our full menu is available for Buca To Go and Delivery. If you"re hosting a special occasion or group event at your home, office or a local area reception hall, Buca To Go or Buca Delivery is the perfect choice. Our friendly & professional staff will assist you with your order, arrange a specific pick-up time for Buca To Go or deliver your order ($25 delivery fee applies to deliveries). Plates, napkins, eating & serving utensils and condiments are included. No minimum purchase required. Please allow 3 hours for same-day delivery and call for questions/details about our delivery service area.
- Special Events: Whether you’re celebrating a special occasion, planning a business dinner or having a night out with family and friends, Buca di Beppo is your answer to one fabulous group dining experience! Buca serves authentic Italian family-style meals in an eclectic, vintage setting. Our knowledgeable staff will help organize and plan your group event or meetings with diverse lunch or dinner banquet packages - ideal for groups of 20 or more. Private and semi-private rooms are available.
- Cross Street: Cahuenga
- Public Transit: Metro subway stop at Universal Studios.
- Parking: Valet
- Parking Details: Paid General Parking at CityWalk all day.
Valet parking is available from 11am to 3pm for 2-hour parking - free with validation. After 3pm valet service is discounted with validation.
Some local area hotels offer complimentary shuttle service to Universal CityWalk. Check with your hotel for shuttle service availability.
A word from Buca di Beppo - Universal City
Buca di Beppo serves authentic Italian cuisine in an eclectic, vintage setting. Our dishes are served family-style, meant to be shared by everyone at the table. Two sizes are available: BUCA SMALL feeds two or more and BUCA LARGE feeds four or more. At Buca, guests delight in our lively atmosphere, enjoy the classic tunes of Frank Sinatra and Dean Martin and admire our decor, including family photos and candid shots of Italian-American icons, such as Sophia Loren and Joe DiMaggio. Our energetic atmosphere, delicious food and friendly staff make Buca di Beppo the perfect place for great Italian food and fun.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerKid Friendly
- Diners' Choice WinnerItalian
Buca di Beppo - Universal City - Best Restaurants in Universal City ›
Buca di Beppo - Universal City reviews from OpenTable diners
54 reviews since May 22, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelEnergetic
good for groups (45)kid-friendly (32)special occasion (31)great for lunch (15)romantic (12)fit for foodies (10)great for brunch (6)late-night find (6)scenic view (4)hot spot (4)neighborhood gem (4)notable wine list (4)vibrant bar scene (2)great for outdoor dining (1)Show More
- Service was not the bestglockrooDined on 9/13/2014Reservation online was a great idea. We were lead to our table in a just a couple minutes upon entering. However, we were not offered with any bread/olive oil. It was a hot day (over 100F) and all we wanted was water. The waitress brought the first round of water but we had to ask for a refill, while she was filling up the tables behind us. When we were done, we asked for a container for our leftover Tiramisu. She brought the foiled tray but no bag, while all other tables around us got bags when they asked for "togo" boxes. Our waitress set up a sour tone for this otherwise great experience.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/7/2014We were celebrating three birthdays, and your crew made us feel so welcome. The food came out on time, they were there for our every request, kid friendly and when they surprised us when the cake and candles !!!! It was truly a special day for all of us. Thank you again for a wonderful experience...............MarySpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best service ever!!!!!Gumba818Dined on 9/6/2014My girlfriend and I went to bucca de peppo on 9-6-2014, we made reservations for 8:30 pm. We arrived at exactly 8:23. They IMMEDIATLEY took us to a table. At exactly 9:41 we had our food on our table. We never seen such fast and friendly service!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dining at Buca Romper RoomgoldtcVIPDined on 8/28/2014I normally enjoy dining at Buca di Beppo, but this time this location was like I was dining at "Romper Room" or "Chuckie Cheese." While, I understand this location is at Universal City Walk, and therefore near Universal Studios, this experience was "over the top." There were two families with children yelling, running, and screaming all through out TWO HOUR dinner. Management did NOTHING, except to say "it's the parents." REALLY? This is a two story restaurant, you can put all the families with ill behaved children (or not since you can't tell till well into dinner) all on the same floor...possibly the downstairs seating to accommodate strollers. Service was far from stellar. Food was mixed-up and late being delivered. Not good.
- Great ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/17/2014The waitress was able to separate our bills without confusion. Food was amazing.Special Features:
- OKSPUKDined on 8/9/2014Very quick service but with food but not very attentive with anything else, had to repeatedly ask for napkins, knives etc. Had meatballs. Small portion for 2 people had 2 meatballs. Large portion for 4 people had 3 meatballs. How do you share that? Meatballs good, sauce ok but not enough of it. Have been to better Italian family style restaurants.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food is always good at BuccaJayNVIPDined on 8/8/2014Good authentic Italian food and you can't go wrong.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Take your time ...QuinnVIPDined on 7/28/2014While the portions are generous, the service was terribly slow. After a day at Universal Studios with 4 kids, they wanted some pasta before getting in the car for the long ride home. We were in the restaurant for almost 2 hours - miserable with 4 tired kids ranging from 7-14.
- Great foodLivingLifeDined on 7/19/2014The food is so good if you love pasta it the place to be. Only is things is the service everything just took forever to get.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- good yet no treat from bucacalpix04Dined on 7/14/2014We really enjoyed our 24th anniversary lunch there, and the particular attention to allergies as my wife LilynAnna has many. Our waiter Joe was delightful and attentive. We could not use the $15.00 coupon as we discovered it was meant for dinner so we were a bit limited. However, the ravioli alfredo for my wife and ravioli pomodoro marina for me was very very tasty and good. My wife was a bit disappointed that there was no anniversary acknowledgement such as a complimentary slice of cake or drink to celebrate our special occasion. So I would suggest that lunch time offer coupon and present a special occasion slice of cake with candle, ice cream or drink to really make the occasion feel special.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great timeSheebaDined on 7/5/2014Went with a group for a bday & the family style dining is great for that. The bill was kind of high, but we had a lot of drinks and had food to go so it was def not a surprise....just more than expected. Still highly recommend this place for groups...just expect to spend money. :)Special Features:
- Quick service and attentiveOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/3/2014For a party of 17 we were seated quickly. With the many sections and the two stories we were able to have privacy for our large party. And even though we were in a desperate room from others our sever was attentive and very friendly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- expectedrun4foodDined on 7/2/2014A chain restaurant that is good for groups and children. Food is fair as expected. The experience depends on the staff. I had called the same day and requested the Pope Room. Upon arrival I asked if it was available and it was.Special Features:
- Buca visitDinksdineoutDined on 6/26/2014We visited Buca di Beppo for dinner because the location was ideal for our evening visit to Theatre West since I was coming from home & the wife from the City. We were promptly greeted & seated. Michael took care of our needs and did a great job. The food was good and with the large portions, we had leftovers.Special Features:
- Great lunch!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/23/2014I hadn't been to Buca for a LONG time -- long before they actually had lunch service. I was very happily surprised by the lunch menu offerings. The server, Daniel, was GREAT!!! Very engaging & good energy. I ordered the Antipasto salad & it was FABULOUS. All too often lunch salads are boring & the same from place-to-place, but Buca has it going on. Very enjoyable & I will be there again soon!Special Features:
- Father's Day BrunchBigEdDined on 6/15/2014We went on Father's Day for our Sunday lunch/dinner meal. Everything was perfect from the food to the service. Had made reservation. But since it was early in the day there wasn't to much wait . Great day to spend Father's Day. Thank you.Special Features:
- Hostess reviewFoodisGoodDined on 6/14/2014Had reservations for 8:15pm, arrived at 8pm. Hostess asked if entire party was here, I said yes whole party was present. Hostess: ok it will just be a couple of minutes. Larger groups were being called in ahead of mine, my group became anxious being close to 8:30pm now. I waited one more opportunity to call my group, but again it was a fail. The next group called was a group of seven, I stepped up to question why she kept overlooking my reservation. Very smug she said well I can't take you until your entire group is here. Clearly, she misunderstood, because our group was here. I advised her and she said yea ok. No apologies or sincerity for the added wait. Had it not been so late, I probably would have taken my business else where.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sweet Sixteen Italian styleElleVDined on 6/9/2014We requested the passion room for my daughters sweet 16 dinner with a party of 10. We had dined here before so it was as perfect as expected. The food, service and surroundings were priceless and pleasing. Large family size portions and you feel like your in an Italian grandmothers beautifully and extremely amusingly decorated dining room. Your part of the family at Buca!!! The food is more than amazing too.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- wonderfulnenniesDined on 6/3/2014Love open table makes things easier and faster, this was my first time using. And loved wit will recommend others to use it, helps not waiting in a crowed room or place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great place to eatcarantDined on 5/31/2014went to celebrate my boyfriends birthday and we did not regret it. The place were we were sat was upstairs. the ambiance was good.. the service was great and the food was delicious.Special Features:
- Great place to celebrateLianaDined on 5/31/2014I had the best experience in Buca Di Beppo last Saturday. I reserved a table for 10 for my daughter's 12th Birthday celebration. It was extremely easy to book, also I received a reminder call to confirm the reservation right on Saturday morning. I dined several times in the restaurant before, and always had good experience. This time it was even better. Our server DJ was the best and he made sure the special event was really special with all his jokes and his smooth way to handle young kids. He even sang for us. Thanks to him it was a really fun dinner party. The food is always good with huge portions to share. The dining area is great as it can accommodate big noisy parties and at the same time make sure that others are not bothered.Special Features:
- great servicejluvDined on 5/30/2014Came here for my daughter's graduation and we had a great time, great service and good food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Family style for a group way to goThor5x5Dined on 5/25/2014The family style portioning is definitely the way to go when you're hungry. The small feeds two they say yeah, two small armies, lol. The spaghetti w meatballs was fantastic along with the penne basilica two of our favorites.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 392 reviews are from the Buca di Beppo - Universal City reviews archive.
- Solid Go to place.DrakeVIPDined on 5/17/2014Buca is a consistent place where the food is good and you know what to expect. Greata when you're feeding a group and want to feel comfortable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- good food, atmosphere too loudlasagnaDined on 5/17/2014The food was good and service was friendly, but the noise level was way too loud. The music over the loud speaker was at high volume which caused all the diners around us to have to talk loud over the music; our group then had hard time hearing each other. Also, we had elderly people with us, and they sat us on the second level, which meant having some of us take the elevator, which only fit two people at a time. The host sat us at our table and told us he was going to get the people from the elevator, but he never did, and half our table was left wandering the restaurant until I finally got up to look for them.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always leave feeling fullTheBeavDined on 5/11/2014Love the food and atmosphere. Service is always great. Perfect for large groups/families that are willing to share food.Special Features:
- Great service. Great food.AdrianDined on 5/11/2014I really enjoyed the service here. We ordered a linguine di mare which is essentially seafood linguine and it was bomby. Great value for the price. Overall my family left full and happy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great ExperienceOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 5/11/2014Mother's Day was wonderful thanks to the great food and service we received at Buca at Universal City. My family and I will return for many more celebrations. Our waiter Tony was the best!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best Food and Service!LetyDined on 5/10/2014Daniel our waiter was phenomenal! He made our visit an excellent one with his refreshing sense of humor and appeal. The food here was fabulous and I have visited other Buca's however, your food here was just much more delicious than the other locations. Thank you so much for making our mother's day celebration a memorable one!Special Features:
- GreatYay4yanaDined on 5/10/2014The food was great, the service was great, even though my group was incredibly annoying to deal with, the prices were affordable, and it was a great way to spend my birthdaySpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Highly RecommendedJayTakRNDined on 5/6/2014Extremely large portions; fed the five in the party perfectly. Blanco pizza was amazing. Lasagna was prepared great, moist yet not soggy like most other italian restaurants. The Baked Zetti was very flavorful and cheesey. Wanted to eat there the very next night to try other if their great looking menu items!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great for Bday parties!JoeMDined on 5/3/2014I planned a surprise birthday party for my wife here and it went great. Food was great!! Huge portions. The salad came after the entrees, which sucked but they didn't charge us for it after all. And with the reservation I had ordered a special surprise dessert for my wife but when I went to the bathroom the waiter asked the table about dessert and someone ordered something different for her. But overall it was a great time. and the waiter was really cool.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food.JamesVIPDined on 5/3/2014Great food, atmosphere. Service could have been a little faster.Special Features:
- great serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/1/2014Server Levon took very care of my party acaccommodating more people who arrived and stayed close by when we neededSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 4/26/2014Pasta was not cooked well tasted stail. But the flat bread pizza was delicious that is a must try.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dining in the KitchenAussieDined on 4/26/2014We were celebrating a teenagers birthday so we ate in the kitchen which the kids enjoyed. The food was good. Service a little slow but waitress was great. Always a fun time although in a food coma for the next two days.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- My daughters 13th birthdayVero007Dined on 4/19/2014We had a party of 12 teenagers our waiter DJ he was exceptionally good, great sense of humor, had all the girls laughing, gave us great service. The food was delicious. I would Definatly have another dinner party here.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- slow service ruined our celebrationBeckyDined on 4/16/2014my daughter and her friends spent the day at the themepark to celebrate her 18th birthday and then met the family at Bucca for dinner. When we finally got to order the food came and it was very Extremely slow took forever just to get our order in. We were never checked on for refills of soda or water, when we tried to get our waitresses attention she would nod her head but never return. We were trying to have fun so kept it low-key but my husband got very frustrated. I had noted online and was our waitress that it was my daughter's 18th birthday. Dessert never came, no dessert, no candle, no happy birthday nothing. We finally just got up and left.
- Amazing vibes :)Mermaid1234Dined on 4/15/2014It was my first time dining here and it was great. The vibes were great. The food was amazing . The wait was entertaining since there was so much to look at. It's a beautiful place inside full of history. The service was great as well. Very welcoming , helpful and friendly. Great place for any occasion! With VERY GOOD pasta! :)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Everything was really great.CitymomDined on 4/12/2014Everything was really great. We were seated within threeinutes of arriving. The waiter was terrific. My only complaint is that they gave us the wrong pizza for my son. So we had to wait an extra 15 minutes while the rest of the good was just sitting at the table.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.