Buca di Beppo - Times Square
New York, NY 10036Neighborhood:
Theater District / Times Square
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
Buca di Beppo - Times Square
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.bucadibeppo.com/
- Phone: 2127646527x
- Hours of Operation:
Sunday - Thursday 11:00am - 11:00pm, Friday & Saturday 11:00am - 12:00am
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Italian, Comfort Food
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Our full menu is available for Buca To Go and Delivery. If you're hosting a special occasion or group event at your home, office or a local area reception hall, Buca To Go or Buca Delivery is the perfect choice. Our friendly & professional staff will assist you with your order, arrange a specific pick-up time for Buca To Go or deliver your order ($25 delivery fee applies to deliveries). Plates, napkins, eating & serving utensils and condiments are included. No minimum purchase required. Please allow 3 hours for same-day delivery and call for questions/details about our delivery service area.
- Special Events: Whether you’re celebrating a special occasion, planning a business dinner or having a night out with family and friends, Buca di Beppo is your answer to one fabulous group dining experience! Buca serves authentic Italian family-style meals in an eclectic, vintage setting. Our knowledgeable staff will help organize and plan your group event or meetings with diverse lunch or dinner banquet packages - ideal for groups of 20 or more. Private and semi-private rooms are available.
A word from Buca di Beppo - Times Square
Buca di Beppo serves authentic Italian cuisine in an eclectic, vintage setting. Our dishes are served family-style, meant to be shared by everyone at the table. Two sizes are available: BUCA SMALL feeds two or more and BUCA LARGE feeds four or more. At Buca, guests delight in our lively atmosphere, enjoy the classic tunes of Frank Sinatra and Dean Martin and admire our decor, including family photos and candid shots of Italian-American icons, such as Sophia Loren and Joe DiMaggio. Our energetic atmosphere, delicious food and friendly staff make Buca di Beppo the perfect place for great Italian food and fun.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerKid Friendly
Buca di Beppo - Times Square - Best Restaurants in Theater District / Times Square ›
Buca di Beppo - Times Square reviews from OpenTable diners
126 reviews since May 25, 2014
- Ambiance3.8Noise LevelModerate
good for groups (92)kid-friendly (59)special occasion (44)great for lunch (33)neighborhood gem (26)fit for foodies (24)romantic (21)late-night find (11)great for brunch (9)hot spot (9)notable wine list (7)vibrant bar scene (4)scenic view (2)great for outdoor dining (1)Show More
- Perfect for a birthdayOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 9/19/2014I went with a group of 20 somethings to celebrate a birthday and the ambiance, price and food were all a hit. It's not a 5 star high end experience, but that's not why you to Buca di Beppo. It's a great place to go for reliably good quality and they know how to make birthdays special (they have a personalized song they sing if forewarned).Special Features:
- Touristy but tolerable.OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/18/2014Great service staff and a convenient location right off time square. Wide menu of Italian food, served family style. Food was decent. Great for kids. This could he a good place for a large group visiting the city. The ambiance is kitchy. Overall not bad, but not for the foody.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- theatreOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 9/17/2014great for pre theatre as near by. nice sharing portions for groupsSpecial Features:
- ReneeMBVIPDined on 9/16/2014Food was really good and lots of it! Staff was accommodating, made me a tea to go even.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lovin itObgynieDined on 9/13/2014I enjoyed the entire experience. Ask for Tommy. He was great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BoboDined on 9/13/2014When in the City, Bucas is one of our favorite restaurants. The wait staff, reservation desk are always pleasant and efficient. It is always a pleasure dining at Bucas. Food was great as always. See you again November 26th. The online reservation is easy to use.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- good find in theater districtgarytDined on 9/13/2014If you are in the theater district and are looking for a moderately priced place to eat before or after a show, where the food is pretty good and you can get in without waiting for hours, this is the restaurant to go to. The food is not gourmet, but very good and the atmosphere is attractive.Special Features:
- Buca di Beppo service is terrific!JoannHDined on 9/10/2014One of the best restaurants that I have been to in NYC. Food was great ... prices not too bad at all considering 4 of us shared two meals and an appetizer family style and had leftovers to take home. Service was ECELLENT!! Waiter, Tommy was so friendly and always available to answer questions or suggest entres! Went to bar for best happy hour in town ... great prices .. asked for a Margarita on the rocks and the bartender made us his special Italian Margarita with amaretto!! The service was wonderful and that is what will bring us back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BuccaDined on 9/6/2014Food is served family style, but comes in small and large sizes. You really need more than the 2 people we were.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 9/3/2014Restaurant was excellent and the service was excellent. Manager was very friendly, it was a pleasureSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BucaDJCartDined on 9/2/2014The food was good and it is true that one dish works for 2 people quite well. The wine list is really not very good and could use some help in the by-the-glass category.Special Features:
- never gives the points on opentableOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 8/30/2014this is the third time we have been here and even though you repeat your name and tell them you have a reservation, you never get the points. Someone needs to teach them how to check people in. the food is just ok as wellSpecial Features:
- So pleasedljean1018Dined on 8/23/2014I have been to Buca di Beppo several times in your Las Vegas location. I was quite excited to find that you had a location in NYC. I made a reservation for my boyfriends birthday after seeing a broadway show. The service was impeccable and the food was beyond delicious. I will definitely be returning to Buca!!!Special Features:
- Great findMike63Dined on 8/20/2014Went to dinner at Buca after a play. The food was surprisingly good and the price was great especially for NYC.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful!IloveNYCDined on 8/16/2014Love the ambience of this place. Felt like I was in Italy. The service was very good as well as the food. We will be back again!Special Features:
- Family style fun!TalulahcjDined on 8/15/2014Six people shared a Hugh salad which was delicious. We then had a pasta dish, followed by a chicken Marsala The staff was friendly and efficient. We told them we had limited time because we had show tickets and they did their best to get us out in a timely manner! The sangria was also delicious! It was a great meal for a very reasonable price in New York City! Would definitely recommend !Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not worth the $$$DiscerningFoodieDined on 8/14/2014The waitstaff was friendly and accommodating (esp. to my gluten allergy) but the food was overly salted and extremely overpriced.
- Nice place!OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/13/2014I was skeptical about a place right in the center of Times Square, but I was pleasantly surprised. Food was ok, the salad was the star of the meal. Mussels, not so good. Prices were great. Service was great too.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fast FoodMsmimi1Dined on 8/12/2014The salad was good .I had a 10.00 off coupon and a early show time. But the veal had so much crust and tasted like a veal patty I would not order it again .stick to salads and maybe a pasta.
- Great FoodLoveItalianDined on 8/9/2014Food was great. Made our reservations for 5:30 pm and when we arrived we were promptly seated. I would recommend this restaurant to anyone. The server was alright but the food made up for it. We were not rushed and everything came at good intervals.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a Fantastic TimeRedaceDined on 8/8/2014We have eaten at the restaurant in Times Square in NY 3 times and each time is better than the next. Food is delicious, service is excellent and the Brownie Sundae is to die for, 3 of us shared it and couldn't finish it. Bring your appetite! Prices are very reasonable for a restaurant in this area.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great foodTaylahDined on 8/7/2014The place is very cute, the decoration is beautiful. The plates are made for families and serves til 4 people. The food was amazing, delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Typical restaurant chain mentalityfood4thoughtDined on 8/5/2014Was really looking forward to this meal. Staff were friendly, restaurant looked great, menu was appetising, sadly when the food came, it was a great disappointment with the exception of the garlic bread. Ordered the lasagne, nice big portion for two, tasted as if someone made it using a jar of Dolmio sauce. This is definitely a case of quantity over quality...
- AwesomeLovesItalainDined on 8/4/2014This was a great experience for our family. The food was great, portions was huge and the staff was awesome!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Family FunIvyNYCVIPDined on 8/1/2014So glad this family style Italian restaurant has made it to NYC. There are just a few in California, and like their sister restaurants, Buca di Beppo is a super fun place to with a small or large group with better than average food, huge portions for sharing and wacky decor. No restaurant delivers a birthday song like the staff here do. Grazi!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food and huge portionslbic1Dined on 7/29/2014Love this place - my son can't get enough of appetizers and meatballsSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Ok but not greatNYEATZDined on 7/26/2014We enjoyed our meal on a Saturday evening. We made a 7:00 reservation and were seated within minutes. They were very busy but our server was decent and the food came relatively quickly. Bread took longer to get then the meal itself. The meal was ok, warm but not hot, which would have been preferred. We opted not to do dessert because the neighboring table had the Tiramisu and it was barely touched. We asked what they thought and they said it was awful. We overheard them tell the waiter and he laughed and did not try to remedy the situation. In my opinion in NY you can find much better alternatives for Italian. However for the convenience of the location, I would try again.Special Features:
- AmazingOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/25/2014The food was delicious and the atmosphere was relaxing. I also enjoyed the music.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- pre-theatre dinnerSeizethedayDined on 7/22/2014Have visited this location before, and always find it to be a great experience. Staff is always friendly & attentive, food is delicious!! Had the penne in vodka sauce, best I have ever had. Portions are large; the small, definately can feed 3 adults. Only thing I don't understand is the "happy hour". Seven days a week from 4-7pm, but only if you eat in the bar section??? Let all the diners, take advantage of drink specials, why limit it to diners only seated in the bar area. Other than that, everything was great. You won't be disappointed! Food is excellent, and doesn't taste like a franchise italian restaurant.Special Features:
- Groups for suretuersleytravelsDined on 7/21/2014We took 7 people and 4 were teens. The food was family style, so we were able to order 3 small entrees and be full by the time we left. After drinks (pop) and tip we ended up paying $15 per person. This is a great price for Times Square sit-down food. I am unsure this is the place for a couple; unless you like the same food to share. I gave a 4 out of 5 on food b/c the Spaghetti was ok; but the Fettuccine and Baked Ziti was much better. Their meatballs were good and huge.Special Features:
- GuerhardtDined on 7/19/2014JUST ONE WORD: "AMAZING!". This place is incredible. My friends felt in love with Buca di Beppo. Everybody wants come back for new celebration. I would like to tank the all Buca Crew that made a great job that night. Thanks everyone. Vander.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food and servicelunchqueenDined on 7/19/2014My daughter and I really enjoyed our dining experience here. The restaurant was clean, waiter was friendly and attentive (kept the water filled and checked in with us throughout the meal) and the food tasted wonderful as always.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Happy CustomerhappymomnboysDined on 7/19/2014Everything was great. From the moment we walked in for our reservation we had a great experience. The hostess was very friendly when she greeted us. She sat us down in a nice room and within a few moments our server Aidan was at our table. He is an excellent server . The food was very good, especially the salad! Another server, Tom, was also excellent. It was a very positive experience. I live near Albany and will now visit that location as well with my two boys. They loved it! Thank you for a great dinner experience in NYC. We will always remember it as a highlight of our trip to the big apple.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Buca!TravelingGuyDined on 7/16/2014This is my 5th visit to a Buca, but first time at one in Times Square. Fabulous location, but no views at all of outside. Need to take an elevator up to restaurant. Food very mediocre and prices are much higher here than any other of their locations. Had to ask for bread or would not have had any. There are many much better Italian restaurants close by, like Carmine's or Tony DiNapoli's ,so try to go there first, but in a bind Buca will fill your needs, but nothing to write home about from the Big Apple!Special Features:
- my buca experiencebritneym15Dined on 7/14/2014It has been my third time going to eat at Buca and my second time visiting this one in Times Square, the food was delicious, the service was great because the food did not take long to cook. Only thing that I wish is that the seating could be in a more intimate setting as far as a date for two. My boyfriend of two years and I enjoyed the food very much, but also wish there could have been seating for two or just a booth. This would have made the experience much better.Special Features:
- Overaldine4usDined on 7/12/2014Overall the experience was good. Waiters & waitresses great. Didn't have to wait for table we made reservation and it was ready. Food arrived timely.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- All Things Buca-licious!JaeDeeDined on 7/12/2014Buca, once again, upholds its reputation for of servings king sized portions at reasonable prices! Hats off to the chef and the service was great! (You rock, Jerry!) And the cocktails are tasty too... I 💜 Buca!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Kinda surprisedRobCNYCVIPDined on 7/11/2014Ok, I wasn't expecting much, and was kind of surprised to have a perfectly enjoyable meal. Our waiter was nice, guided us through the family portions & sizing, and was fairly attentive. The meatballs were a lot of fun, the chicken pretty good & the salad was big, crunchy & tasty. Garlic bread was only so-so, but maybe should have tried the one with cheese - I mean, why not I guess if we're having all the other stuff :)Special Features:
- Great for groupscurlygirlDined on 7/9/2014we went for a work good bye lunch and it was perfect for us. They gave us a nice little room for us to have a private lunch. We ordered the family style portions and they were perfect for the group. We had to ask to have the music turned down several times - it was unnecessarily loud. The service was fair. Our waitress was lovely, but it seems shie might have been the only person working. Lots of others standing around, but she seemed to be the only one actually working. It took a long time between salad and main entrees and then again for dessert and check. It was a bit ridiculous. the food was greatSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great pastaRickSwedeDined on 7/4/2014Celebrated my parents birthdays and 4th of July on a first visit to Buca di Beppo. And it was a great experience. Nice facilities with all old Italian photos, great server, great food, really big portions. We were very satisfiedSpecial Features: