Buca di Beppo - Times Square
New York, NY 10036Neighborhood:
Theater District / Times Square
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
Buca di Beppo - Times Square
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.bucadibeppo.com/
- Phone: (212) 764-6527
- Hours of Operation:
Sunday - Thursday 11:00am - 11:00pm, Friday & Saturday 11:00am - 12:00am
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Italian, Comfort Food
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Our full menu is available for Buca To Go and Delivery. If you're hosting a special occasion or group event at your home, office or a local area reception hall, Buca To Go or Buca Delivery is the perfect choice. Our friendly & professional staff will assist you with your order, arrange a specific pick-up time for Buca To Go or deliver your order ($25 delivery fee applies to deliveries). Plates, napkins, eating & serving utensils and condiments are included. No minimum purchase required. Please allow 3 hours for same-day delivery and call for questions/details about our delivery service area.
- Special Events: Whether you’re celebrating a special occasion, planning a business dinner or having a night out with family and friends, Buca di Beppo is your answer to one fabulous group dining experience! Buca serves authentic Italian family-style meals in an eclectic, vintage setting. Our knowledgeable staff will help organize and plan your group event or meetings with diverse lunch or dinner banquet packages - ideal for groups of 20 or more. Private and semi-private rooms are available.
A word from Buca di Beppo - Times Square
Buca di Beppo serves authentic Italian cuisine in an eclectic, vintage setting. Our dishes are served family-style, meant to be shared by everyone at the table. Two sizes are available: BUCA SMALL feeds two or more and BUCA LARGE feeds four or more. At Buca, guests delight in our lively atmosphere, enjoy the classic tunes of Frank Sinatra and Dean Martin and admire our decor, including family photos and candid shots of Italian-American icons, such as Sophia Loren and Joe DiMaggio. Our energetic atmosphere, delicious food and friendly staff make Buca di Beppo the perfect place for great Italian food and fun.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Buca di Beppo - Times Square reviews from OpenTable diners
142 reviews since August 1, 2014
- Ambiance3.9Noise LevelModerate
good for groups (110)kid-friendly (59)great for lunch (39)special occasion (35)fit for foodies (28)neighborhood gem (27)romantic (20)late-night find (12)great for brunch (7)notable wine list (5)vibrant bar scene (4)hot spot (4)scenic view (1)Show More
- BoboDined on 11/26/2014Jerry in the Bar/Lounge area was a great server. This ai the second or third time we have had him as a server Excellent server.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Service and foodOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 11/23/2014Our waitress, Crystal, was very nice and attentive. Service was good. Food was excellent, the very reason i always come here and invite friends and guests.....Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome Lunch!LabkataDined on 11/22/2014I loved the ambiance of the resturant. Our waitress was fantastic! She gave us great suggestions for our lunch and provided wonderful service. Service is a little slow but it was enough time to relax before our show. This is a great place to go for a romantic dinner or one with the family. The spaghetti and marinara sauce was wonderful. Try the brownie sundae for dessert. My son loved it. It had 6 scoops of ice cream. Yum!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice family ItalianLexiDined on 11/22/2014Enjoyed our lunch on a Saturday. Portions are large and delicious. Wait staff attentive. Tables grouped in separate but adjoining rooms, noise level relatively low. Recommend to anyone who wants a quaint, nice place for lunchSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- loved itOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 11/21/2014Overall it was a good experience. The food was delicious. The plates are extremely big so please note the fact that they tell you its a family style restaurant. It took an hour to get our actual meal, but we had appetizers in the meantime. We ordered a drink that said we were supposed to get a glass to keep, but we didnt get one.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Too overpriced for average foodCritcoGastronomicoDined on 11/19/2014"A TGIF (TGI Friday's) for Italians", as my brother put it! What a great call! We had a small serving of fried mozzarella as an appetizer, which was lightly breaded, flavorful and tasted fresh as if were made there, as they claimed (4 of 5 stars)...and two large Peroni beers each (3 of 5 stars - I like my beer from a bottle (for fresher taste) not on tap), and a large flat pepperoni pizza, which was very greasy, as expected (2 1/2 of 5 stars)...the service was good (4 of 5 stars), Tommy was engaging and attentive, which was cool...the ambiance was "Italian-TGIF-esque" portaying Italians in a silly light (3 of 5 stars)...however the check was $80 (1 of 5 stars)...not a typo!...$80 indeed! Sitting in the heart of Broadway in NYC, this is the quintessential tourist trap as evidenced by two British ladies sitting to our left and an Asian couple to our right...then when the Asian couple left, 4 Italians sat down right next to us...how fitting! :-) Overall rating 2 1/2 of 5 starsSpecial Features:
- Excellent - can't wait to return.NANNYDined on 11/16/2014LOVED THE FOOD, THE SERVERS WENT ABOVE AND BEYOND TO ACCOMMODATE OUR EVERY NEED. OF COURSE THE QUALITY AND AMOUNT OF FOOD WAS UNBELIEVALE. WE REALLY ENJOYED OURSELVES AT BUCA AND LOOK TO COMING BACK AGAIN IN THE SPRING WHEN WE RETURN TO THE SHOWS.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Yum!!UpstateKateDined on 11/15/2014Buca is a great choice for families or groups dining in Times Square. Family style dishes in small or large size options. Not overly noisy at all...my family could hear each other without raising our voices which is a rare find in the city. The pricing is moderate as well, so you won't have to splurge for an abundant amount of food. Highly recommendedSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dinner was beynd belief.OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/15/2014Service was impeccable. Best Italian I've had in a long time. BRAVOSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Overall Fair experience.TomDDined on 11/15/2014Food was fair, portions were surprisingly smaller than expected. Menu states large platters feed four or more...we ordered 3 large platters, a large calamari appetizer and it was not enough food. I know they like to compare themselves to Carmines but....they shouldn't.Special Features:
- Great Time!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/15/2014Staff was wonderful ~ friendly, helpful, accurate. Sean was particularly great. Food was great ~ small portions were just right for 2 people (and some take home!), flavorful, temperature was just right Fun birthday celebration! Will definitely go again soon! Have already recommended it to several people.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 11/15/2014The only issue was waiter who was very nice seemed to be over worked. He was waiting on tables as well as bartenderSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lively family-style restaurantNivekDined on 11/15/2014If you're looking for a lively, family-style Italian restaurant in the heart of Times Square, you've come to the right place. Our waitress was very pleasant and helpful in deciding how many entrees and what size portions to order for our party of four. Our water glasses and bread basket were never empty. It seemed that all around us there were birthday celebrations including us. We pre-ordered the tiramisu and was expecting a slice but instead it came in a huge bowl along with a candelabra with 3 large red candles and the wait staff sang a special birthday song. It was a fun, festive evening and we left very full bellies!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good time / Good foodCAFOODDined on 11/15/2014The food was very good and the prices for Manhatten were reasonable. Although it is a knock off of Carmines, they had a lot of choices and everything tasted very good. Also, the Italian Margarita was excellent. In with a party of (10) on time and seated within 5 min. (Was 4pm on Saturday) Would definitely recommend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- With 6 kids and 4 adults it was a good choice.OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/15/2014We enjoyed our long table in a side room which gave us plenty of room to mingle between courses. The food was excellent as we were able to mix our platters of salad, chicken parmigiana and spaghetti equally among the grownups and the children. The baseball size meatballs were a homerun. The kids loved sharing the huge Tiramisu for dessert and your wine choices were appreciated by the adults. Our server, Tayler, was very attentive and helpful. A credit to the establishment. See you next time we're in NYC. Jack A. Ansonia, Ct.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good for touristsLuv2reviewVIPDined on 11/14/2014This is a fun restaurant, especially for tourists going to the Theater District. But for locals, the food is pretty mediocre. Atmosphere is fun though, and the noise volume is low enough that you can talk easily. Works well for a pre-theater dinner.
- Typical Times Square RestaurantCeCeDined on 11/13/2014We were looking for a relatively quick meal near a theatre we were going to. The food and prices were fine - nothing special. It's family style dining so the table needs to choose the same dishes. It served our needs in finding a quick meal, but if you're looking for a more upscale fine dining Italian, this is not it. It's your typical Times Square restaurant. It was very busy and full of large teenage groups when we were there. Service was good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Service is Above and BeyondOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 11/13/2014This is the fourth time in four weeks that I have visited this restaurant. My favorite dish, which was a special, was not available anymore. However, when I asked our server about it, he was able to have the kitchen prepare it for us. It was delicious as always.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointingobscrapperDined on 11/13/2014After reading the reviews on Open Table, we were very excited to eat dinner here. The tables are very close together, and you overhear everything said by the person next to you. To top it off, they brought in a group of literally 40 middle school students to eat right behind our table. That was very poor planning, since there were multiple rooms to place guests in the restaurant. The food was cold. I love Italian food, and this is some of the worst I have eaten. Little flavor, the sauce was too runny. I think the chicken was frozen. The ceasar dressing could not have been homemade. In the end, a real disappointment. Lots of Italian restaurants in the area, go somewhere else.
- Accommodating StylesOmegaman2kDined on 11/10/2014Whether individual, couples, small groups or large groups - Buca is a great place to do it. Prices are very reasonable; the sauce is very tasty; at least our waitress (Taylor?) was very attentive to every empty glass, in other words she did a great job!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great foodLove2eatDined on 11/9/2014We recently attended this restaurant before a hockey game. We needed to be out within a certain time frame. The waiter was excellent. The food was great and everything was timed perfectly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Waiter AidanDTTSDined on 11/7/2014We had a lunch for six people to celebrate a special win at work. Aidan was our waiter and was friendly and personable. He related to the table and seemed to really enjoy his job. It is nice to see a waiter at work who understands their trade and who does it well. Thank you for taking such great care of our table.Special Features:
- tastypalateDined on 11/6/2014Food terrible. Veal saltimbocca was hard, dry and tasted like 20 day left over meat. I returned it. Cannolis were cold and near frozen. Appetizer platter was tiny and not worth $30. I have eaten at over 1k restaurants all over the world and this tops the list for worst!Special Features:
- sunshineVIPDined on 11/4/2014they really need to market this place more. we had a fabulous meal with the most courteous service where they tried to please us on every account including turning the music down. and the food and drink were great with gigantic portions served family style. we were only two people so we even took food home which we also enjoyed. a real winner and we will be back and next time with more people.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Yummy foodLobiDined on 11/2/2014From the dressing on our salad to the sauce on our chicken Marsala, it was exquisitely scrumptious! Wait staff were friendly and quick with their service. Nostalgic wall photos of famous people and the Buca family were cool to view and gave the place some warmth.Special Features:
- great food and servicecanadiantravelersDined on 11/1/2014My family was in new York visiting for marathon weekend and had buca di beppo recommended by a friend. The food was absolutely delicious however it was our server Elizabeth that made the night fantastic. She was the best server we had ever had, her personality and sense of humour were a+ !!!! We would highly recommend buca di beppo. PS the baked ziti was fantastic.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bring your appetite!SandraBDined on 11/1/2014Fantastic service, food was excellent (served family style) - hubby and I got a 'small' plate of rigatoni and sausage - it was HUGE!Special Features:
- There are better choices nearbylikeItalianDined on 11/1/2014The food was good but the service left a lot to be desired.
- Not my favorite type of placeLaurieVIPDined on 10/31/2014The salad was my favorite. The salmon was OK, a bit overdone for my taste, but I like it on the rare side. My dining partners enjoyed the pasta. It seemed like quantity was more important than quality. I'm not a big fan of this type of Italian restaurant, so keep that is mind. There were 3 of us dining and we all wanted different things, so we ended up with an expensive bill for what we had, and too much food. The service was good and they were open late.
- Outstanding ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 10/30/2014This is the third time we have eaten here within one month. The service is efficient without being intrusive. There was a small glitch with our order, which was the fault of the kitchen. Our server handled the situation without any problem, to the point that we did not even realize that it was done. In other restaurants, this could have been a huge fuss. The food is delicious and served in a timely manner. If you have time constraints because of a show, this is the place to eat. However, if you wish to linger a bit longer, that is also possible.Special Features:
- Wonderful Food and ServicejamajakeDined on 10/29/2014We were a group of 6 and had dinner after the theater. The food and fine were great and we had a fantastic server. The entire staff treated us like royalty.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful ambience!JanetDined on 10/29/2014Amazing photographs from years ago on the walls. Great food for a very reasonable price. Friendly, efficient wait staff.Special Features:
- ExcellentOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/29/2014The food and service were excellent. They make sure you make your show on time. I wish they had a restaurant in south jersey!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Definitely coming back!kmfinelli28Dined on 10/28/2014My friends and I had a great time at Buca di Beppo! The food was delicious, and the servings are huge! If you're a large group you can't beat this place. Depending on your appetites you can order just one dish or 3 dishes, and it will always be exactly what you need. The service from Tommy, our waiter, was amazing. He was attentive and helpful, and really worked with our friend who had food allergies. I highly recommend this place, and we plan on coming back for another girl's night out!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Theater GemPeanutDined on 10/26/2014Booked prior to a theater event. Prompt and energetic service, food was unique and well presented.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/26/2014The food was fantastic and the staff are friendly and service was great. Will be back!!Special Features:
- Great time by allBellagio60Dined on 10/25/2014Five of us celebrated a birthday on a busy Sat night. The food was excellent and with their approach of portions for two to four fun to share. The service was quick, accommodating and very friendly. There was absolutely no pressure to leave (almost 3 hours) despite the time of the evening. Unlike many mid town NY restaurants each table had lots of room and the atmosphere is warmly Italian. Location could not be better for Broadway shows. Strongly recommend for all but especially as a meeting place for groups. We definitely will return.Special Features:
- Nice family italian restaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/25/2014The service was great they were very attentive and had great suggestions. The food was delicious even though we had the option to order a small or large portion the small was more then enough for our party of 7, and it gave us a better opportunity to order more different platesSpecial Features:
- Third Time at BucaroniVIPDined on 10/25/2014Ate at Buca in Florida twice in one week and decided to give the New York location a try. Not disappointed. Food is nicely seasoned and tasty. Sangria was very good. Restaurant has an interesting decor plus enjoyable music playing. Family style dishes, small and large are available. Good menu selection.Special Features:
- Above expectations!CherylDined on 10/24/2014When I read the reviews about the noise level I was little worried about bringing a group there. But I heard the food was great so I thought I would give it a try.I put a note on the reservation form for Open Table that I would be joining friends from different states and would prefer a quieter area of the restaurant if possible. We were pleasantly surprised when we were escorted to our own private room with a huge round table. The food was delicious and the staff was so helpful, friendly and accommodating. As we were leaving my husband said, "Let's remember this place, I want to come back here again!" And we definitely will! Thank you Buca di Beppo for an outstanding experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.