Buca di Beppo - Times Square
New York, NY 10036Neighborhood:
Theater District / Times Square
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
Buca di Beppo - Times Square
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.bucadibeppo.com/
- Phone: 2127646527x
- Hours of Operation:
Sunday - Thursday 11:00am - 11:00pm, Friday & Saturday 11:00am - 12:00am
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Italian, Comfort Food
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Our full menu is available for Buca To Go and Delivery. If you're hosting a special occasion or group event at your home, office or a local area reception hall, Buca To Go or Buca Delivery is the perfect choice. Our friendly & professional staff will assist you with your order, arrange a specific pick-up time for Buca To Go or deliver your order ($25 delivery fee applies to deliveries). Plates, napkins, eating & serving utensils and condiments are included. No minimum purchase required. Please allow 3 hours for same-day delivery and call for questions/details about our delivery service area.
- Special Events: Whether you’re celebrating a special occasion, planning a business dinner or having a night out with family and friends, Buca di Beppo is your answer to one fabulous group dining experience! Buca serves authentic Italian family-style meals in an eclectic, vintage setting. Our knowledgeable staff will help organize and plan your group event or meetings with diverse lunch or dinner banquet packages - ideal for groups of 20 or more. Private and semi-private rooms are available.
A word from Buca di Beppo - Times Square
Buca di Beppo serves authentic Italian cuisine in an eclectic, vintage setting. Our dishes are served family-style, meant to be shared by everyone at the table. Two sizes are available: BUCA SMALL feeds two or more and BUCA LARGE feeds four or more. At Buca, guests delight in our lively atmosphere, enjoy the classic tunes of Frank Sinatra and Dean Martin and admire our decor, including family photos and candid shots of Italian-American icons, such as Sophia Loren and Joe DiMaggio. Our energetic atmosphere, delicious food and friendly staff make Buca di Beppo the perfect place for great Italian food and fun.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Buca di Beppo - Times Square reviews from OpenTable diners
112 reviews since June 27, 2014
- Ambiance3.9Noise LevelModerate
good for groups (87)kid-friendly (48)special occasion (39)great for lunch (30)neighborhood gem (24)fit for foodies (20)romantic (19)late-night find (10)great for brunch (7)hot spot (6)notable wine list (6)vibrant bar scene (3)scenic view (2)great for outdoor dining (1)Show More
- 200% Italian DecorOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/22/2014We've been to another Bucca in Wash DC. The one in NYC obviously came out of the same cookie cutter. It is that spirit of fun and overdone Italian decore that will bring us back many times. Prices are family-friendly, food is quite good. The main description is 'FUN."Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/19/2014We had a great first time visit! Our waiter was very helpful and nice.Special Features:
- Not what we expectedOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/18/2014This restaurant is a complete tourist trap. We went here based on the recommendations on open table and yelp. It is an overpriced diner. THe food is not even close to being authentic Italian. Stay away!
- 2nd Year ReunionHSrules63Dined on 10/18/2014Our HS reunion was held here for the 2nd year! They do all they can to accommodate groups!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderfully consistentOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 10/15/2014This was a second visit in as many weeks. We tried different entrees (chicken parm. and baked ziti) and they were delicious. We remarked how good the sauce was and the waiter quickly brought us a side of more sauce to put on our meals. The service is attentive without being intrusive. The noise level is low, so that a normal level of conversation is possible. At the end of our meal, the manager came to our table to speak to us about our experience and he was sincerely interested in our comments. It was not just the pass-by, requisite , "How was your meal?" He was extremely cordial and receptive to our remarks. This restaurant is great also for groups or families, as they have separate rooms rather than one large open space.Special Features:
- outoftowner2outoftowner2Dined on 10/14/2014Times square always gets a bad rap for places to eat , but there are a number of gems for large groups like Carmines, Tony Napoli - and you can add Buca di Beppo to the list. Food was excellent The chicken saltimbocca stood out for taste and tenderness, the chicken marsala had a sweeter taste then normal but was excellent in it's own right. One small order of each for three people was $55 and was enough that we had to passed up dessert. Matthew our server was attentive and professional. The walls are covered with all sorts of Photos --most Italian family's will see many reasons to laugh and smile.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DON'T GO!!!!!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/10/2014DON'T GO!!!!!GET A SLICE AT ANY PIZZA PLACE IT WILL SAVE YOU THE HEARTBURN AND UPSSET STOMACH
- big foodcaesar790Dined on 10/10/2014Family style restaurant. Great food big portions. Tiramisu was great!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A wonderful SurpriseOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 10/9/2014The restaurant is comprised of small rooms, similar to small Italian alcoves. The space is quiet and conducive to normal conversations. Service is pleasant, prompt and efficient without being pushy. Meals are served in two portion sizes, small and large. We ordered a small salad and a small entree which were generous portions and too much for the two of us. The walnut, apple, gorgonzola salad was delicious as was the special autumn pasta. If I could make a recommendation, it would be to serve a warm, crusty Italian bread rather than a pedestrian, cold, white bread attempt at an Italian bread. Nevertheless, I will certainly return and just skip the bread. This is a great place for a pre-theater dinner and for family and friends.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/7/2014It was my first time going there and I enjoyed it there. I plan to visit again in the future! #HappyCustomer
- nothing soecialor worth speaking ofMV0505Dined on 10/5/2014regular greasy italian food cooked and servered the tasteless american way. i've had much better italian meals. server and staff were nice and gracious.Special Features:
- Buca fits the billLizzieTishDined on 10/4/2014Bucca is a great spot for pre-theater. Good food, served family style so you can share, and for NYC, reasonably priced.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExcellentOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/27/2014Celebrating my daughter's birthday. Portions were large. Food was excellent. Have been Buca's in Atlantic City and California. I'm Italian. Food tastes like my Grandma made it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- stampmonkey52Dined on 9/26/2014This was the first time we have been to your restaurant, and it wont be the last. had a great time, service, food and drinks were outstanding.Special Features:
- Everything for a perfect eveningAnthonyVIPDined on 9/26/2014Quickly, we where served nice warm bread and butter along with water and our beverages of our choice. The service is efficient and available, but you never felt rushed. We started with Garlic Bread which is amazing. The large garden salad was more than enough for 4 hungry adults and the baked ziti is delicious and again more than enough for 4 adults. No matter how full you are, you must save a little room for desert which are large enough to share as well. Try the tiramisu, or the canolis or if you are brave, the ice cream sundae with brownies, ice cream and whipped cream. Amazing. As I said, the food is outstanding, but the warm and reliable staff complete the evening. Great for small or large groups.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Unbelievable SurpriseDinaVIPDined on 9/24/2014What a quaint place in the middle of the chaos of Times Square. Lovely atmosphere, great food & service.Special Features:
- Perfect for a birthdayBookaLokalDined on 9/19/2014I went with a group of 20 somethings to celebrate a birthday and the ambiance, price and food were all a hit. It's not a 5 star high end experience, but that's not why you to Buca di Beppo. It's a great place to go for reliably good quality and they know how to make birthdays special (they have a personalized song they sing if forewarned).Special Features:
- Touristy but tolerable.EatitDined on 9/18/2014Great service staff and a convenient location right off time square. Wide menu of Italian food, served family style. Food was decent. Great for kids. This could he a good place for a large group visiting the city. The ambiance is kitchy. Overall not bad, but not for the foody.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- theatreOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 9/17/2014great for pre theatre as near by. nice sharing portions for groupsSpecial Features:
- ReneeMBVIPDined on 9/16/2014Food was really good and lots of it! Staff was accommodating, made me a tea to go even.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lovin itObgynieDined on 9/13/2014I enjoyed the entire experience. Ask for Tommy. He was great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BoboDined on 9/13/2014When in the City, Bucas is one of our favorite restaurants. The wait staff, reservation desk are always pleasant and efficient. It is always a pleasure dining at Bucas. Food was great as always. See you again November 26th. The online reservation is easy to use.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- good find in theater districtgarytDined on 9/13/2014If you are in the theater district and are looking for a moderately priced place to eat before or after a show, where the food is pretty good and you can get in without waiting for hours, this is the restaurant to go to. The food is not gourmet, but very good and the atmosphere is attractive.Special Features:
- Buca di Beppo service is terrific!JoannHDined on 9/10/2014One of the best restaurants that I have been to in NYC. Food was great ... prices not too bad at all considering 4 of us shared two meals and an appetizer family style and had leftovers to take home. Service was ECELLENT!! Waiter, Tommy was so friendly and always available to answer questions or suggest entres! Went to bar for best happy hour in town ... great prices .. asked for a Margarita on the rocks and the bartender made us his special Italian Margarita with amaretto!! The service was wonderful and that is what will bring us back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BuccaDined on 9/6/2014Food is served family style, but comes in small and large sizes. You really need more than the 2 people we were.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 9/3/2014Restaurant was excellent and the service was excellent. Manager was very friendly, it was a pleasureSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BucaDJCartDined on 9/2/2014The food was good and it is true that one dish works for 2 people quite well. The wine list is really not very good and could use some help in the by-the-glass category.Special Features:
- never gives the points on opentableOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 8/30/2014this is the third time we have been here and even though you repeat your name and tell them you have a reservation, you never get the points. Someone needs to teach them how to check people in. the food is just ok as wellSpecial Features:
- So pleasedljean1018Dined on 8/23/2014I have been to Buca di Beppo several times in your Las Vegas location. I was quite excited to find that you had a location in NYC. I made a reservation for my boyfriends birthday after seeing a broadway show. The service was impeccable and the food was beyond delicious. I will definitely be returning to Buca!!!Special Features:
- Great findMike63Dined on 8/20/2014Went to dinner at Buca after a play. The food was surprisingly good and the price was great especially for NYC.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful!IloveNYCDined on 8/16/2014Love the ambience of this place. Felt like I was in Italy. The service was very good as well as the food. We will be back again!Special Features:
- Family style fun!TalulahcjDined on 8/15/2014Six people shared a Hugh salad which was delicious. We then had a pasta dish, followed by a chicken Marsala The staff was friendly and efficient. We told them we had limited time because we had show tickets and they did their best to get us out in a timely manner! The sangria was also delicious! It was a great meal for a very reasonable price in New York City! Would definitely recommend !Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not worth the $$$DiscerningFoodieDined on 8/14/2014The waitstaff was friendly and accommodating (esp. to my gluten allergy) but the food was overly salted and extremely overpriced.
- Nice place!OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/13/2014I was skeptical about a place right in the center of Times Square, but I was pleasantly surprised. Food was ok, the salad was the star of the meal. Mussels, not so good. Prices were great. Service was great too.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fast FoodMsmimi1Dined on 8/12/2014The salad was good .I had a 10.00 off coupon and a early show time. But the veal had so much crust and tasted like a veal patty I would not order it again .stick to salads and maybe a pasta.
- Great FoodLoveItalianDined on 8/9/2014Food was great. Made our reservations for 5:30 pm and when we arrived we were promptly seated. I would recommend this restaurant to anyone. The server was alright but the food made up for it. We were not rushed and everything came at good intervals.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a Fantastic TimeRedaceDined on 8/8/2014We have eaten at the restaurant in Times Square in NY 3 times and each time is better than the next. Food is delicious, service is excellent and the Brownie Sundae is to die for, 3 of us shared it and couldn't finish it. Bring your appetite! Prices are very reasonable for a restaurant in this area.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great foodTaylahDined on 8/7/2014The place is very cute, the decoration is beautiful. The plates are made for families and serves til 4 people. The food was amazing, delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Typical restaurant chain mentalityfood4thoughtDined on 8/5/2014Was really looking forward to this meal. Staff were friendly, restaurant looked great, menu was appetising, sadly when the food came, it was a great disappointment with the exception of the garlic bread. Ordered the lasagne, nice big portion for two, tasted as if someone made it using a jar of Dolmio sauce. This is definitely a case of quantity over quality...
- AwesomeLovesItalainDined on 8/4/2014This was a great experience for our family. The food was great, portions was huge and the staff was awesome!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.