Buca di Beppo - Thousand Oaks
205 North Moorpark Road
Thousand Oaks, CA 91360Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
Buca di Beppo - Thousand Oaks
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.bucadibeppo.com/
- Phone: 8054493688x
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Thursday: 11:00am - 10:00pm, Friday & Saturday: 11:00am - 11:00pm, Sunday: 11:00am - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Italian, Comfort Food
- Executive Chef: Herbert Ramos
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Delivery, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Our full menu is available for Buca To Go and Delivery. If you're hosting a special occasion or group event at your home, office or a local area reception hall, Buca To Go or Buca Delivery is the perfect choice. Our friendly & professional staff will assist you with your order, arrange a specific pick-up time for Buca To Go or deliver your order ($25 delivery fee applies to deliveries). Plates, napkins, eating & serving utensils and condiments are included. No minimum purchase required. Please allow 3 hours for same-day delivery and call for questions/details about our delivery service area.
- Special Events: Whether you’re celebrating a special occasion, planning a business dinner or having a night out with family and friends, Buca di Beppo is your answer to one fabulous group dining experience! Buca serves authentic Italian family-style meals in an eclectic, vintage setting. Our knowledgeable staff will help organize and plan your group event or meetings with diverse lunch or dinner banquet packages - ideal for groups of 20 or more. Private and semi-private rooms are available.
A word from Buca di Beppo - Thousand Oaks
Buca di Beppo serves authentic Italian cuisine in an eclectic, vintage setting. Our dishes are served family-style, meant to be shared by everyone at the table. Two sizes are available: BUCA SMALL feeds two or more and BUCA LARGE feeds four or more. At Buca, guests delight in our lively atmosphere, enjoy the classic tunes of Frank Sinatra and Dean Martin and admire our decor, including family photos and candid shots of Italian-American icons, such as Sophia Loren and Joe DiMaggio. Our energetic atmosphere, delicious food and friendly staff make Buca di Beppo the perfect place for great Italian food and fun.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
Buca di Beppo - Thousand Oaks - Best Restaurants in Thousand Oaks ›
Buca di Beppo - Thousand Oaks reviews from OpenTable diners
29 reviews since May 25, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
good for groups (25)special occasion (23)kid-friendly (19)great for lunch (9)great for brunch (7)neighborhood gem (4)fit for foodies (3)great for outdoor dining (2)notable wine list (1)romantic (1)late-night find (1)scenic view (1)Show More
- BirthdayFunDined on 9/6/2014Want a great place to celebrate a special occassion. This is the place for it. The food is great and the staff very friendly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GREAT PLACE FOR FAMILY MEETINGSluvItalianfoodDined on 8/30/2014The staff was very friendly, efficient and supplied fast service. Considering that most of the family are Italian and use to great Italian food at home, I was delighted with my food and everyone also expressed their satisfaction. Very good prices for very good food and service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DeliciosovivaItaliaDined on 8/9/2014My wife and I have eaten here before. We are from out of town and every time we come to TO we stop by and eat. This time we came with a couple of friends and they enjoyed it as much as we do that they are come back by themselves when they are in town.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- coupon problemsaintlovingitDined on 7/28/2014first off 85.00 dinner for pasta for three people is just a weee bit heavy, we printed a coupon to save 15.00 on two pasta entrees,they would not accept it (it was outdated) ?so they asked for us to use the iphone and see what now coupon was useable,this come up with a 10.00 one, the mgr says they are starting weekly vs monthly promos, so the end result for 5 bucks was denied us,and pasta at vons is 1.19 ib box one jar of sauce 1.99 and 1 ib meat 4.99,will be the way to go next time.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/19/2014Best Eggplant Parm I have ever had in my life and I'm from NYC. That's saying something. The meal was very "satisfying".Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fun Place To BeletsgoeatDined on 7/5/2014Great place for a large celebration or a relaxed get away dinner for a couple. Food is excellent, service is always fantastic and the entire staff is very friendly. Fun to walk around small mall after dinner or watch the kids playing in the fountain on a summer day or evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great except photographerNoPhonesatDinnerDined on 7/5/2014We took my sister and her two kids to Buca here to Thousand Oaks. Good play stuff for the kids, food was abundant and enjoyable. The waiter was very attentive. I like the company policy of diners not using their cell phones - more companies should have this policy! The one service-related problem was the photographer. He said he'd take our picture and return with a free postcard. Instead he came back with other framed pic's at $10 or $20 each, along with the free postcard. It was bait and switch at the worst. I thought something like that would happen, but I thought Buca might truly be being generous and family-oriented by offering a free postcard. I don't want to deal with a sales pitch at dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great for large group lunchesTOBizLunchDined on 6/25/2014Our office staff often chooses Buca for our large group lunches. Great food, great service, great lunch menu, and great prices. The Pope's table seats 12 perfectly, and the acoustics in there allow for the whole group to hear the conversation. You can see everyone and there's a huge 'lazy susan' to spin around plates for family style ordering. The eggplant parmigiana is delicious!!!!! (not soggy)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Quiet during lunch timeLikes2eatVIPDined on 6/22/2014This is a great spot for lunch. It is definitely not as crowded. We had to ask for the lunch menu and I wouldn't even know they had a lunch menu had I not looked on line first. They only brought the drink and regular menu and everything is family style and large portions. My husband and I each wanted a different item off the lunch menu. The chicken marsala is very good as are most of the pasta dishes. The only thing that bothered us was that we had a gift card and the remaining balance was just under $ 2.00. All other restaurants I have ever eaten at, just give you the card back with the remaining balance, but this waiter said because it's a gift card, we were not entitled to anything back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GOOD BUT LOTS OF COMPETITIONhorsepl56Dined on 6/20/2014Buca is always a good alternative but several local restaurants may suffice and have broader selections. Prices are getting a little high for what you get. Pasta with Marinara for $14.99 (small). There cost is about $2.00.Special Features:
- JimJsmithDined on 6/15/2014The food is always great... I was very much taken back by the extremely long wait. No one was in the lobby except for our small party of 3. It appeared that the staff really didn’t care... and congregated in the lobby... restaurant have full... and our little party left to wait to their discretion. Pretty unfortunateSpecial Features:
- Great ItalianCelebrationDined on 6/12/2014We were celebrating a high school graduation, and it was the perfect place. They served family style. We ordered the perfect amount of food. Everyone had a great time. Our graduate picked out the dessert which was huge and a great way to end yhe meal. We ALL HAD A WONDERFUL TIME.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fun for the GroupProudMamaDined on 6/12/2014Went for a graduation celebration dinner and everything turned out perfect. Group seatings with other large groups made it a lively place for a monumental celebration. Enjoyed the vibes from the other patrons. Food was good and the service great. Definitely will be a return customer and definitely will recommend.Special Features:
- Out with teenagersMsibDined on 6/7/2014Reservations were easy to make online. The service was great! The large quantities of food where appreciated especially when feeding teens. Our mozzarella and tomato plate was good. And I liked the spaghetti. I like the tomato sauce rather than a pastier sauce. The chicken breast was moist and tasty. Overall a bit salty. But the veal was not liked.Special Features:
- The following 273 reviews are from the Buca di Beppo - Thousand Oaks reviews archive.
- SoSoSoOnlyMeVIPDined on 5/22/2014The service here is generally SLOW. The food is abundant but only so so. Three pieces of chicken run 19.99. A bit pricey. Some drinks do not include refills but they offer and don't tell you it is an additional cost.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- PERFECT SERVICEwriterladyDined on 5/20/2014Our women's club met there for lunch May 20, 2014, and the food was great Our server, Stephanie, was perfect. She gave us time to gab, then took our drink orders, gab some more, then took food orders. One dish was not prepared correctly, and when told, she ran it back to the kichen and appeared a few minutes later with the proper dish. She was the absolute best -- doing her job, but laughing and joking with us while she never slowed down her work. Food was great, as always. Many in our group of 14 had not eaten there before, but said they will come back and bring their husbands. High praise indeed! It's one of my favorite places to eat for any occasion. We filled the Pope Room; it was a little loud -- but our group was making the noise!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A ball!DoodlesdadDined on 5/17/2014We were there for our daughter's graduation fom college and birthday. It's such a great place for large parties; they even opened up an extra table for us to spread out. Food was great, and the wait staff was super-attentive. They even swapped out my granddaughter's spaghetti for macaroni and cheese when she wasn't handling the marinara sauce (she's only 1.)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent food & serviceMoltoItalianoDined on 5/9/2014Noisy, but great for a group. Love the decor. We were seated right on time.Special Features:
- Awesome!kimichuDined on 5/2/2014Had a great time at Buca Di Beppo with our party of 12. Staff was very flexible with changes made to reservations and our waiter performed spectacular service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best food in town.rosearborDined on 4/27/2014We don't visit often enough. Service is great, everyone is friendly and accommodating, and the food is even better. Love the ambiance and the food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday CelebrationsteakmeDined on 4/27/2014Always have a good time at Buca! Good food, friendly staff.Special Features:
- family dinnerLoveBuca1Dined on 4/26/2014We had a wonderful dinner celebrating my daughter's college Senior recital. Our server helped us find the right amount of food to eat for the number of people we had, and gave us suggestions of what to eat. The food is delicious, and there are so many choices. One of our guests, has a lot of food issues, and you were all so accommodating, which she appreciated. I also appreciated getting a call back regarding my reservation to change the time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Kids love it.traceyntVIPDined on 4/26/2014Food is good, great for kids. The service is a little lacking but it is a chain. Desserts are huge which the kids love.Special Features:
- Fun family nightOut2lunchVIPDined on 4/20/2014Great food, service, and fun atmosphere. Our waiter was awesome. Kids had a great time too.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Just like homestartupDined on 4/20/2014Great food family, a fun and vibrant atmosphere with a happy staff, happy people and happy times.. We are Italian and have traveled the world.. Buca is a favorite for us... we visit at least 2X a mos.Special Features:
- Birthday partyMisatoDined on 4/13/2014Food was reasonable price for big party. Service was excellent. We request a lot of things, but the server was all the time nice to is. We enjoyed whole the time. Thank you.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- birthday celebrationmarine8197Dined on 4/11/2014Overall, our experience was ok. Our poor server was given a party of 20 to tackle alone. She did the best she could. Better planning on the managers part to give more assistance would be recommended. You could see she was flustered with the lack of support. The food as always was good. We ordered our drinks and salads at the same time and the salads came out before the drinks. With a party of 20 more than 4 baskets of bread to start would have been nice. It was evident she was overwhelmed as other servers in the area started to help her while management was nowhere to be found until after a meal was over. Please don't confuse the three star rating on the service with our server.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Call to confirm!spgrpDined on 4/9/2014I made a reservation for a large group online and received an email confirmation. When we arrived, the hostess said, "Oh, you still wanted that? We called to confirm and no one answered, so we cancelled it!" I never received a phone call, and even if I had, it is totally unreasonable to cancel a reservation for a large group because someone doesn't answer your one phone call in the middle of a work day! As a result, we were seated at a very awkward set of table squished together in an odd shape that made it tough to interact. We use this Buca often for catering and have always loved the food and service. Once we were seated, the food and waitstaff were great, but the reservation process left a lot to be desired.Special Features:
- Birthday BashOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 3/23/2014This restaurant is kid friendly and a nice location for groups of co-workers, friends or family. The food is exceptional and always hot.Special Features:
- Another amazing time....BrianDined on 3/20/2014We visited Buca on 3/20 for my wife's birthday. The team at Buca was very accomodating and we even got to sit at the Chef's table. We ordered our go to: Prociutto Stuffed Chicken and added the Baked Ziti and the Sausage & Chicken Ziti (which was a wonderful dish). Food was fantastic and we had a wonderful time! Our Server was awaesome and suggested a few other dishes for our return which honestly could not come up soon enough.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- It was a great place for celebratinsharskidsDined on 3/14/2014It was a great place for celebrating my birthday. I appreciated the singing that the wait staff did for me:)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- was nice except the noise leveldreamerDined on 3/8/2014We were there celebrating our wedding anniversary. The food and service was good. The noise level was too loud and the lighting was very bright for this restuarant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great ServiceKipWDined on 3/6/2014I didn't really care for the Chicken Parmesan that I ordered. My wife loved it however, so I think it was just me.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always Great!GregDined on 2/15/2014Love Buca. Thanks for the convenient reservation service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Viva la Pasta!rocketboyDined on 2/15/2014The menu selection is excellent. The service was great. The food was delicious. It was like I was eating in a restaurant in Italy. I'll definitely go back. Again and again.Special Features:
- Outstanding family restaurant!888alohaDined on 2/15/2014Love this family oriented restaurant ! We sat at the patio at Thousand Oaks branch with our family pet & Jason was our server on 2/15/2014. He was very kind to our dog which we definitely give him 5 stars for our dining experience! Food is always consistently very good! There is team spirit in this restaurant!Special Features:
- First timer now a LoyalEl220Dined on 2/14/2014Service was great! I felt like they knew me and were actually waiting for my arrival. Did my reservation through OpenTable, showed up 10 minutes early, and they sat me quicker than it takes to tie my shoes. Felt good because there were groups of people already waiting, but no waiting for us. No sir!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- happy Valentine's Day familySaraha69Dined on 2/14/2014First time me & my family had been. Great family atmosphere, huge sharing portions, excellent good, and great price. The service was excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice placeClaudiaDined on 2/14/2014The place is excellent, friendly and great for dinner. The food is very good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not for kidsSpeakingForManyDined on 2/8/2014Not for kids or anyone, for that matter, with any sense of modesty or decency left! I can't believe this is promoted as a family restaurant. The decor was the worst I have ever seen, with totally inappropriate photos or drawings/sculptures of half-naked or TOTALLY naked men and women plastered all over the walls. I will be telling everyone I know NOT to patronize this restaurant.