Buca di Beppo - The Woodlands
19075 I-45 South
Shenandoah, TX 77385Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
Buca di Beppo - The Woodlands
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.bucadibeppo.com/
- Phone: 9363216262x
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Thursday: 11:00am - 10:00pm, Friday & Saturday: 11:00am - 11:00pm, Sunday: 11:00am - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Italian, Comfort Food
- Executive Chef: Erick Iglesias
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from Buca di Beppo - The Woodlands
Buca di Beppo serves authentic Italian cuisine in an eclectic, vintage setting. Our dishes are served family-style, meant to be shared by everyone at the table. Two sizes are available: BUCA SMALL feeds two or more and BUCA LARGE feeds four or more. At Buca, guests delight in our lively atmosphere, enjoy the classic tunes of Frank Sinatra and Dean Martin and admire our decor, including family photos and candid shots of Italian-American icons, such as Sophia Loren and Joe DiMaggio. Our energetic atmosphere, delicious food and friendly staff make Buca di Beppo the perfect place for great Italian food and fun.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Lunch
- Diners' Choice WinnerKid Friendly
Buca di Beppo - The Woodlands - Best Restaurants in The Woodlands ›
Buca di Beppo - The Woodlands reviews from OpenTable diners
48 reviews since June 23, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelEnergetic
good for groups (30)special occasion (24)kid-friendly (22)romantic (10)fit for foodies (10)neighborhood gem (10)great for lunch (9)great for brunch (4)notable wine list (4)late-night find (3)hot spot (1)Show More
- always excellentPepperBurbank2014Dined on 10/4/2014the best Italian food in Houston. service to the nines. calamari to die for. heavenly desserts. great romantic dinner spot for couples but can be a bit loud sometimes. ask for a booth in an area with no large parties for an excellent experience.Special Features:
- First timeSummerDined on 10/4/2014This was our first visit and we were very happy with everything. Our waitress was most gracious. There were 4 in our party and we had lots of food. We did wish a salad was included with the dinner but the one we ordered was delicious. We will come back. Always interested in specials and discounts.Special Features:
- NoiseOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 9/26/2014Every time I go here I'm seated in a room full of screaming kids. They need an adult only room. Food was good but next time I will get it to go.Special Features:
- not for us.carmenchicaDined on 9/26/2014With a group of 3, The family style concept is impossible to get everyone to agree on 1 or 2 dishes. We had chicken added to our alfredo dish and it was tough without flavor. Left very disappointed and spent a lot of money. Our wait person was the only good thing about our visit.Special Features:
- Really not place for just a coupleFoodiepooDined on 9/19/2014Service is good atmosphere is good. Food is ok portions are large a group can have fun but not suitable for 2Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food, Great Service!!love2dine63Dined on 9/18/2014My family and I recently visited this dining paradise about 2 weeks ago. We were celebrating my nephew's completing his training as a Navy Corpsman. The waiter was very interested in our celebration and genuinely listened to my ramblings on about my nephew. He was cordial, attentive, and especially honored to serve our table. This is not the only time we've experienced this kind of sincerity. From the moment you step into the restaurant, through your meal, and upon exiting the establishment, you are treated like royalty. Thank you Buca for making our special dinner, extra special. Kudos to our waiter Josh!Special Features:
- First time was just okWildbluDined on 9/13/2014Went here for a birthday dinner (16ppl) after hearing Buca is good for groups. Our waitress was good and kept on top of everything. The appetizers were pricey and the meals can add up if your party can't agree on entrees. Then there's a drink menu that you have to buy the cup to get the drink. Really?! So, my daughter can't have the special punch b/c I don't want to pay $5 for a light up cup? I found that ridiculous! The main complaint I have though is that they only bring out a candle for birthdays and you have to buy a dessert. I've never been to a chain restaurant that doesn't give you a birthday dessert. We prob won't be back to overpay for noodles.Special Features:
- Server could use some personalitydispleasedwithserviceDined on 9/6/2014The server that we had on Saturday 9/6/14 was below par. She didn't smile once. She would be gone for a long time. I asked her to bring some butter for our bread (a table of 9) and she brought me two packets. Needless to say, we had her bring more. Not a friendly server. Would have tipped her more than 15% but that would have been rewarding sub par performance. The veal sambucca was tough and chewy. Not good.Special Features:
- Good ServiceMMJJDined on 8/31/2014Food was great as usual. Service outstanding, my kids loved it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great for birthdaysOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/31/2014Thank you for making our daughters 16th birthday special! Great food!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pam's reviewMsPamDined on 8/30/2014Our server, Adam, was excellent! He made the visit great with recommendations and attention to detail for our party if 13.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Large Family GatheringButtrflyprinDined on 8/17/2014The food was delicious, ambiance eclectic, service superb and perfect for large family gathering. It is best to order the large portions and split the cost amount participants. You must try the spicy checked pasta and the lasagna. Manufique!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Saturday evening 16 AugustGregDined on 8/16/2014Completely unacceptable noise level. Multiple soccer teams celebrating. Gentleman at table adjacent to our table told me "noise is ridiculous" as we were being seated. His assessment was right on target. After 5 minutes, we departed. When the restaurant wants to host groups such as this, simply do not make reservations for others unless you advise them that the restaurant is hosting parties for children's athletic teams.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a treatDebngregVIPDined on 8/3/2014We enjoy this restaurant for several reasons. The family style of serving the meal makes the experience more "homey." Sometimes you want someone else to do the cooking with the at home feel. This restaurant makes that possible. We also like the fact that we can go at any time and know that we will have a table waiting for us, thanks to Open Table reservations! And, the food is always delightful!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bone-in diningOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 8/3/2014We found a bone in our spicy chicken rigatoni dish...discovered it while we were chewing. Told the waiter, who took it away, but no manager ever came over to apologize. That dish should've been comped. It's not the customers responsibility to complain until something is done...great customer service dictates that the waiter should have told a manager who should have come over, apologized, and took care of that dish. Make one customer happy they tell 1 friend to go and try it. Make one customer unhappy they tell 10 friends don't go and never return.Special Features:
- love this placeluvgudfoodDined on 8/2/2014I have eaten there twice. The first time was for my anniversary and this last time was for my birthday. I love the option to sit in the kitchen and the shared meals are awesome. Will definitely be returning to buca di beppo.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- REAL ITALIAN FOOD!Mrmiller8Dined on 8/2/2014Growing up in NJ, I know Italian food! This is the only place I have found in the Houston area to be the real deal!! I'll drive 45 minutes to get some more. Monja!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wow, that was unexpectedDisneyMomDined on 7/31/2014While we had a large party to celebrate a birthday, we really didn't have that great service. Our waiter was overwhelmed with serving our large party (10+) and the tables around us. Oil for our bread was absent; had to get our own drinks; missing to go items. We could only use one coupon for lasagna at our table\felt like bait & switch. The food was okay. Mashed potatoes were pretty bland and the broccoli was so hot I couldn't even eat it. Check balances were put on the wrong cards. Insult to injury: having to pay for a birthday slice of cake. Geesh....would a cupcake with the candelabra have been too much? So, $100 for two people for okay food and so so service made us wish we had saved up $25 more and gone to Taste of Texas.
- Eat HeartyDelaDined on 7/31/2014Always enjoy the large portions at Buca. Makes you feel like you are eating at home with your family and friends. Waiters are always friendly and service is good.Special Features:
- Great Food; fun atmospherejudiSADined on 7/25/2014Have always found the food tasty and reminiscent of traditional Italian table (at least from my memories). Friendly staff and lively atmosphere enhanced by very eclectic visuals covering walls.Special Features:
- we enjoyed our meal thereCAtellsallDined on 7/25/2014The portions are wonderful and service is great. The only thing that we've experienced every time we go there is the cold plates that we are suppose to put our meal on which makes our food cold fast....I don't like that much.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Special Birthday EventPineprDined on 7/25/2014Made an online reservation a few days prior. Once I arrived at restaurant, we were seated in a booth. We requested a table instead and were told they couldn't. The waitress later came and very easily prepared a table for the party of 6. Thank you waitress!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Another Enjoyable Meal @ BucaScottOVIPDined on 7/23/2014My kids and I used the BOGO 50% off coupon and had the Fettuccini Alfredo and Baked Rigatoni. The Fettuccini Alfredo is a family favorite. The Baked Rigatoni was a new choice for us and we LOVED it. The Italian sausage has a kick to it and the dish is well seasoned. Both dishes were smalls and we still had some of each left over.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great!MyfamsplaceDined on 7/20/2014I'd heard people speak of Buca But ha never been. I attended with my family and we absolutely LOVED it. The bread was soft & crunchy and the food was delish.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome,Tex32Dined on 7/19/2014My only complaint was a member of management gave my waitress a thrashing in front of everyone because another customer wasn't paying attention & knocked a pitcher of tea off a tray! Because she saw a friend I felt he should of helped clean it up & not just yell at the waitress. Otherwise food was great, once my party arrived we were sat immediately!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ServiceKenfVIPDined on 7/2/2014The kids food was delivered in just a few minutes. However, the restaurant was not crowded and our food took a very long time.Special Features:
- BusinessFunMealsDined on 6/27/2014Food was good as usual for this chain. I have eaten at several locations. However, a few minor complaints-- water dripping from ceiling was caught in a bucket on floor by our table. Menu was dirty with food residue. Wait staff that took our drink order was kind of in a daze-must have been new?Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 275 reviews are from the Buca di Beppo - The Woodlands reviews archive.
- 1st & Last Time at BucaLooking4GoodItalianFoodDined on 6/15/2014Found the food unremarkable. Pricing too high - the quality just doesn't justify it. Veal Parmigiana tough - expect veal to be tender. Also not very warm. The Baked Ziti was supposed to be a combo sauce of Alfredo and Marinara. Very little sauce, flavorless and bland dish. Cappuccino & Tiramisu was good. I don't like the forcing of two-people-served entrees that extends to the desserts. One piece sufficient. Took home a huge bowl of it and threw most out two days later.
- Great place to eat any time of day.nanapat92Dined on 6/15/2014All of the staff were friendly and very eager to help us. Our waiter was friendly and very helpful. Attentive, but not overly attentive ! Totally enjoyed our meal. The food was fantastic, especially the Chopped Antipasto. We were very pleased with our server and the wonderful food !! We will definitely return to Buca di Beppo .Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent food, comfortable seatingTJfromTexasDined on 6/15/2014Buca is a family favorite! We go there all the time and have been going for years. Never had a bad experience. Excellent Italian food made fresh in a kitchen you can see. Large, family style portions. Everything on the menu is great!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- grantDined on 6/7/2014Other than there was a big group with very loud people, everything was great. Gluten free menu is outstanding. thank you.Special Features:
- Large Helpings and Fun AtmosphereR1200GSAVIPDined on 6/7/2014Friday night date night with my wife. Had a good dinner and its her favorite restaurant which makes the decision to go there even easier!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fun night out with my wife.porisahDined on 5/31/2014The food and drinks were plentiful with much taken home for lunch the next day. The service was the best and we will be returning for another dinner. Just wish there was one closer to our home.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Service was great! Food was not...weluv2eatDined on 5/31/2014Our server, Shawn was very attentive. He was friendly and prompt however the food was bland. I was very disappointed with what was served. We had a large group and ordered several dishes including spaghetti with meatballs, fettuccine Alfredo , chicken parmigiana, etc. I would compare it to frozen entrées found in your local grocery store.
- average food high pricetmj1Dined on 5/30/2014Nothing special. Loud room. High prices. Food is average. Portions are large, that is how they try to justify ridiculous price. Only recommend if you have a large party.
- Not As Good As OthersMTommyVIPDined on 5/25/2014We normally like eating at Buca's in and around Minneapolis. This location was a disappointment compared to usual. The shrimp were smaller than usual, callamari were not as appealing food was just not as good. Service was just fine.Special Features:
- 000000000Dined on 5/17/2014Food was excellent as always. Service started out good but went down hill as the night went on and the busier he got. Had to ask several times for additional drinks, leftover boxes, etc.Special Features:
- Buca di Beppoluv2eetDined on 5/17/2014We enjoyed it, a little on the pricey side though.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- RecommendSpringDined on 5/11/2014Food is very good. Reservations can be made online which is great.Special Features:
- Great Mother's Day LunchOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 5/11/2014We made reservations thru Open Table for Mother's Day. We arrived about 10 minutes early and were seating almost immediately. The restaurant was very crowded, but we were still able to have great conversation at our table. The food was amazing!! Probably the best Italian food I have had in a long time. Our waiter was very attentive and provided excellent service. Overall, I would totally recommend this place to anyone. The servings are family style, so order accordingly and you won't be dissapointed!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.