Buca di Beppo - The Woodlands
19075 I-45 South
Shenandoah, TX 77385Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
Buca di Beppo - The Woodlands
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.bucadibeppo.com/
- Phone: 9363216262x
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Thursday: 11:00am - 10:00pm, Friday & Saturday: 11:00am - 11:00pm, Sunday: 11:00am - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Italian, Comfort Food
- Executive Chef: Erick Iglesias
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from Buca di Beppo - The Woodlands
Buca di Beppo serves authentic Italian cuisine in an eclectic, vintage setting. Our dishes are served family-style, meant to be shared by everyone at the table. Two sizes are available: BUCA SMALL feeds two or more and BUCA LARGE feeds four or more. At Buca, guests delight in our lively atmosphere, enjoy the classic tunes of Frank Sinatra and Dean Martin and admire our decor, including family photos and candid shots of Italian-American icons, such as Sophia Loren and Joe DiMaggio. Our energetic atmosphere, delicious food and friendly staff make Buca di Beppo the perfect place for great Italian food and fun.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerKid Friendly
- Diners' Choice WinnerSpecial Occasion
Buca di Beppo - The Woodlands - Best Restaurants in The Woodlands ›
Buca di Beppo - The Woodlands reviews from OpenTable diners
58 reviews since May 6, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
good for groups (39)special occasion (28)kid-friendly (25)great for lunch (14)fit for foodies (11)great for brunch (10)neighborhood gem (10)romantic (9)notable wine list (5)hot spot (3)scenic view (3)late-night find (2)great for outdoor dining (1)Show More
- Good ServiceMMJJDined on 8/31/2014Food was great as usual. Service outstanding, my kids loved it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pam's reviewOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/30/2014Our server, Adam, was excellent! He made the visit great with recommendations and attention to detail for our party if 13.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Large Family GatheringButtrflyprinDined on 8/17/2014The food was delicious, ambiance eclectic, service superb and perfect for large family gathering. It is best to order the large portions and split the cost amount participants. You must try the spicy checked pasta and the lasagna. Manufique!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Saturday evening 16 AugustGregDined on 8/16/2014Completely unacceptable noise level. Multiple soccer teams celebrating. Gentleman at table adjacent to our table told me "noise is ridiculous" as we were being seated. His assessment was right on target. After 5 minutes, we departed. When the restaurant wants to host groups such as this, simply do not make reservations for others unless you advise them that the restaurant is hosting parties for children's athletic teams.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a treatDebngregVIPDined on 8/3/2014We enjoy this restaurant for several reasons. The family style of serving the meal makes the experience more "homey." Sometimes you want someone else to do the cooking with the at home feel. This restaurant makes that possible. We also like the fact that we can go at any time and know that we will have a table waiting for us, thanks to Open Table reservations! And, the food is always delightful!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bone-in diningOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 8/3/2014We found a bone in our spicy chicken rigatoni dish...discovered it while we were chewing. Told the waiter, who took it away, but no manager ever came over to apologize. That dish should've been comped. It's not the customers responsibility to complain until something is done...great customer service dictates that the waiter should have told a manager who should have come over, apologized, and took care of that dish. Make one customer happy they tell 1 friend to go and try it. Make one customer unhappy they tell 10 friends don't go and never return.Special Features:
- love this placeluvgudfoodDined on 8/2/2014I have eaten there twice. The first time was for my anniversary and this last time was for my birthday. I love the option to sit in the kitchen and the shared meals are awesome. Will definitely be returning to buca di beppo.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- REAL ITALIAN FOOD!Mrmiller8Dined on 8/2/2014Growing up in NJ, I know Italian food! This is the only place I have found in the Houston area to be the real deal!! I'll drive 45 minutes to get some more. Monja!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wow, that was unexpectedDisneyMomDined on 7/31/2014While we had a large party to celebrate a birthday, we really didn't have that great service. Our waiter was overwhelmed with serving our large party (10+) and the tables around us. Oil for our bread was absent; had to get our own drinks; missing to go items. We could only use one coupon for lasagna at our table\felt like bait & switch. The food was okay. Mashed potatoes were pretty bland and the broccoli was so hot I couldn't even eat it. Check balances were put on the wrong cards. Insult to injury: having to pay for a birthday slice of cake. Geesh....would a cupcake with the candelabra have been too much? So, $100 for two people for okay food and so so service made us wish we had saved up $25 more and gone to Taste of Texas.
- Eat HeartyDelaDined on 7/31/2014Always enjoy the large portions at Buca. Makes you feel like you are eating at home with your family and friends. Waiters are always friendly and service is good.Special Features:
- Great Food; fun atmospherejudiSADined on 7/25/2014Have always found the food tasty and reminiscent of traditional Italian table (at least from my memories). Friendly staff and lively atmosphere enhanced by very eclectic visuals covering walls.Special Features:
- we enjoyed our meal thereCAtellsallDined on 7/25/2014The portions are wonderful and service is great. The only thing that we've experienced every time we go there is the cold plates that we are suppose to put our meal on which makes our food cold fast....I don't like that much.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Special Birthday EventPineprDined on 7/25/2014Made an online reservation a few days prior. Once I arrived at restaurant, we were seated in a booth. We requested a table instead and were told they couldn't. The waitress later came and very easily prepared a table for the party of 6. Thank you waitress!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Another Enjoyable Meal @ BucaScottODined on 7/23/2014My kids and I used the BOGO 50% off coupon and had the Fettuccini Alfredo and Baked Rigatoni. The Fettuccini Alfredo is a family favorite. The Baked Rigatoni was a new choice for us and we LOVED it. The Italian sausage has a kick to it and the dish is well seasoned. Both dishes were smalls and we still had some of each left over.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great!MyfamsplaceDined on 7/20/2014I'd heard people speak of Buca But ha never been. I attended with my family and we absolutely LOVED it. The bread was soft & crunchy and the food was delish.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome,Tex32Dined on 7/19/2014My only complaint was a member of management gave my waitress a thrashing in front of everyone because another customer wasn't paying attention & knocked a pitcher of tea off a tray! Because she saw a friend I felt he should of helped clean it up & not just yell at the waitress. Otherwise food was great, once my party arrived we were sat immediately!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ServiceKenfVIPDined on 7/2/2014The kids food was delivered in just a few minutes. However, the restaurant was not crowded and our food took a very long time.Special Features:
- BusinessFunMealsDined on 6/27/2014Food was good as usual for this chain. I have eaten at several locations. However, a few minor complaints-- water dripping from ceiling was caught in a bucket on floor by our table. Menu was dirty with food residue. Wait staff that took our drink order was kind of in a daze-must have been new?Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 1st & Last Time at BucaLooking4GoodItalianFoodDined on 6/15/2014Found the food unremarkable. Pricing too high - the quality just doesn't justify it. Veal Parmigiana tough - expect veal to be tender. Also not very warm. The Baked Ziti was supposed to be a combo sauce of Alfredo and Marinara. Very little sauce, flavorless and bland dish. Cappuccino & Tiramisu was good. I don't like the forcing of two-people-served entrees that extends to the desserts. One piece sufficient. Took home a huge bowl of it and threw most out two days later.
- Great place to eat any time of day.nanapat92Dined on 6/15/2014All of the staff were friendly and very eager to help us. Our waiter was friendly and very helpful. Attentive, but not overly attentive ! Totally enjoyed our meal. The food was fantastic, especially the Chopped Antipasto. We were very pleased with our server and the wonderful food !! We will definitely return to Buca di Beppo .Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent food, comfortable seatingTJfromTexasDined on 6/15/2014Buca is a family favorite! We go there all the time and have been going for years. Never had a bad experience. Excellent Italian food made fresh in a kitchen you can see. Large, family style portions. Everything on the menu is great!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- grantDined on 6/7/2014Other than there was a big group with very loud people, everything was great. Gluten free menu is outstanding. thank you.Special Features:
- Large Helpings and Fun AtmosphereR1200GSADined on 6/7/2014Friday night date night with my wife. Had a good dinner and its her favorite restaurant which makes the decision to go there even easier!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fun night out with my wife.porisahDined on 5/31/2014The food and drinks were plentiful with much taken home for lunch the next day. The service was the best and we will be returning for another dinner. Just wish there was one closer to our home.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Service was great! Food was not...weluv2eatDined on 5/31/2014Our server, Shawn was very attentive. He was friendly and prompt however the food was bland. I was very disappointed with what was served. We had a large group and ordered several dishes including spaghetti with meatballs, fettuccine Alfredo , chicken parmigiana, etc. I would compare it to frozen entrées found in your local grocery store.
- average food high pricetmj1Dined on 5/30/2014Nothing special. Loud room. High prices. Food is average. Portions are large, that is how they try to justify ridiculous price. Only recommend if you have a large party.
- Not As Good As OthersMTommyVIPDined on 5/25/2014We normally like eating at Buca's in and around Minneapolis. This location was a disappointment compared to usual. The shrimp were smaller than usual, callamari were not as appealing food was just not as good. Service was just fine.Special Features:
- 000000000Dined on 5/17/2014Food was excellent as always. Service started out good but went down hill as the night went on and the busier he got. Had to ask several times for additional drinks, leftover boxes, etc.Special Features:
- Buca di Beppoluv2eetDined on 5/17/2014We enjoyed it, a little on the pricey side though.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- RecommendSpringDined on 5/11/2014Food is very good. Reservations can be made online which is great.Special Features:
- Great Mother's Day LunchOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 5/11/2014We made reservations thru Open Table for Mother's Day. We arrived about 10 minutes early and were seating almost immediately. The restaurant was very crowded, but we were still able to have great conversation at our table. The food was amazing!! Probably the best Italian food I have had in a long time. Our waiter was very attentive and provided excellent service. Overall, I would totally recommend this place to anyone. The servings are family style, so order accordingly and you won't be dissapointed!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Night outWyoDanDined on 5/10/2014Always enjoy going to Buca because no matter how many time you are there you always see something new on the wall displays. Food is always very good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GraduationOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/10/2014We had a table of 8 for our daughter's graduation celebration. Everyone had a wonderful time, the food was excellent, and the service was good. All guests complimented our choice of venue for this celebration, and we will definitely be back again!Special Features:
- ExcellentMJBARTDined on 5/10/2014Food, ambience, and service all was quite exceptional. Management checked on our table several times to make sure everything was up to our expectations.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Too much foodOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/10/2014This was a nice place to eat. It was my first time to eat here. My mother wanted to go for Mother's Day. I did not realize that the food when ordered would be for multiple people until we looked at the menu. I would recommend that everyone order the same food.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/6/2014Listen now!!! This is our favorite place to eat. Be it just the two of us our a large group. Have been coming here since they first opened and never have we been disappointed in the food or service. My grand kids grew up doing there special birthdays (13,16 & on) in the Popes Room & it was always such a fun experience. Thank you Bucca di Beppo.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 257 reviews are from the Buca di Beppo - The Woodlands reviews archive.
- Train waitstaffDeniseDined on 4/26/2014Our waiter took forever to come back to our table to get our other drink orders. After that, we had to ask him 3 times for more oil and bread. During dinner, he checked on us once. After dinner, when he brought our check, he stood there and waited for us to give him the money!! Unprofessional! For the cost of this place, they need to train their staff better. Especially not to hover over people while they are trying to pay. We felt rushed, and very annoyed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food, Not So Great ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 4/21/2014We had a party of 14 that came in for Admin Professional's Day. With making the reservation for 17 people, I figured they might have planned ahead. We saw the hostess who sat us and Dillon was our waiter. We were there 2 hours. We had been there previously and had excellent service. We did not get our food until almost 1. I don't know if the restaurant was short staffed or what was going on. Barely had refills on our drinks, and the easiest dish that was order was a Chicken Cesar Salad and that came when all of the rest of us were pretty much done with our meal. Would not recommend Buca for large groups at lunch-time.Special Features:
- Easter 2014FoodnerdDined on 4/20/2014Our family and extended family of 12 chose Buca for our Easter lunch. We arrived fairly early and we're seated within minutes. They sat us in a back room with several other long tables that we're overflowing with people. I noticed our server was constantly hopping from table to table. I felt bad for her. Regardless, she did a great job of taking care of our large family's needs. Think we'll do this again next year!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wacky yet great foodTexfamfunDined on 4/20/2014Bucca has a very odd array of decor, like all of Italy had a yard sale and plastered everything to the walls of the restaurant.. But that's part of the charm of this place- you never get bored. Food was really good and plentiful. They serve you large family style portions and even the small can feed more than 3 people. My only issue is their gluten free options.. My daughter can't have gluten and their only options are mainly chicken.. And she was wishing for some pasta options. I hope they add that option in the future.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.