Buca di Beppo - St. Paul
2728 Gannon Road
St. Paul, MN 55116Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
Buca di Beppo - St. Paul
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.bucadibeppo.com/
- Phone: 6517724388x
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Thursday: 11:00am - 10:00pm, Friday & Saturday: 11:00am - 11:00pm, Sunday: 11:00am - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Italian, Comfort Food
- Executive Chef: Ramon Ruiz
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Delivery, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Our full menu is available for Buca To Go and Delivery. If you're hosting a special occasion or group event at your home, office or a local area reception hall, Buca To Go or Buca Delivery is the perfect choice. Our friendly & professional staff will assist you with your order, arrange a specific pick-up time for Buca To Go or deliver your order ($25 delivery fee applies to deliveries). Plates, napkins, eating & serving utensils and condiments are included. No minimum purchase required. Please allow 3 hours for same-day delivery and call for questions/details about our delivery service area.
- Special Events: Whether you’re celebrating a special occasion, planning a business dinner or having a night out with family and friends, Buca di Beppo is your answer to one fabulous group dining experience! Buca serves authentic Italian family-style meals in an eclectic, vintage setting. Our knowledgeable staff will help organize and plan your group event or meetings with diverse lunch or dinner banquet packages - ideal for groups of 20 or more. Private and semi-private rooms are available.
A word from Buca di Beppo - St. Paul
Buca di Beppo serves authentic Italian cuisine in an eclectic, vintage setting. Our dishes are served family-style, meant to be shared by everyone at the table. Two sizes are available: BUCA SMALL feeds two or more and BUCA LARGE feeds four or more. At Buca, guests delight in our lively atmosphere, enjoy the classic tunes of Frank Sinatra and Dean Martin and admire our decor, including family photos and candid shots of Italian-American icons, such as Sophia Loren and Joe DiMaggio. Our energetic atmosphere, delicious food and friendly staff make Buca di Beppo the perfect place for great Italian food and fun.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerKid Friendly
- Diners' Choice WinnerSpecial Occasion
Buca di Beppo - St. Paul - Best Restaurants in St. Paul ›
Buca di Beppo - St. Paul reviews from OpenTable diners
105 reviews since May 24, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
good for groups (82)special occasion (68)kid-friendly (46)neighborhood gem (30)fit for foodies (21)great for lunch (13)romantic (7)late-night find (6)great for brunch (5)hot spot (4)great for outdoor dining (3)notable wine list (2)Show More
- Worst experience everOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/14/2014Worst service I have ever experienced. Will never return again.Special Features:
- Great drinks, slow serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/10/2014I wondered if service was slow due to fewer waitstaff, but we waited 10 minutes before we even had anyone approached our table to ask whether we wanted anything beside water. Oh, wait, we didn't even have water. We had nothing. After that, service was o.k., but we were there for over 2 hours which is twice as long as we normally experience.
- 90th Birthday CelebrationOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/6/2014BUCA did a great job of hosting 21 people at a birthday celebration. Service was exceptional!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- birthday savedsimpledinersDined on 9/5/2014The food was good enough and the prices seemed high but if you go with a group and split the bill then it's very worth it, especially considering the portions you get. However from the second we sat down it seemed like the waiters were rushing to get us out. Every 3 minute's he was back asking if we were ready even though he knew we were waiting for two members of our party to arrive. When we did order and the food came out we were quickly asked how everything tasted before anyone even got to take a bite. Once we started eating, like clock work, our waiter or some bus boy would come to see if we were done and if they could box anything up for us. Overall food was OK but service not so much.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointedDiner1956Dined on 9/5/2014This visit to Buca was so disappointing I don't know where to begin. We were seated immediately and everything went down hill from there. We waited at least 10 minutes to even see a server. Our appetizer was supposed to be Garlic Bread and the runner tried to deliver Garlic Cheese Bread. We then got our entrees before the Garlic Bread. The food delivered looked delicious but was barely warm. We would have loved to point that out to our server but she was nowhere to be found. When the Garlic Bread finally arrived we were at least half way through our food. The server seems so happy to finally complete our order and when I pointed out to her she didn't offered any compensation. We will never go to this Buca again.
- Great Italian FoodD916Dined on 9/4/2014This was my first visit to Bucca and wasn't sure what to expect. I was told by friends that service was family style and I wasn't disappointed. the turn table in the center of the huge round table provided great serving convenience for everyone. The waiter was so patient with us while we were waiting for a couple more friends to join us, we were having such a good time I only hope we didn't get too loud for the other customers. Thank you for a wonderful dining experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Buca was Great!HappyDinerDined on 9/4/2014Service, food, and drink selections were just what we were looking for. Really enjoyed the deep fried squid. Will be going back soon to enjoy another meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Service slow I mean very slowMandpDined on 9/1/2014For a mid afternoon lunch with very few people dining, the good took a very very long time. Heard there was only 1 cook, poor excuse. But all other aspects of our dining experience were great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ServiceLarsonelli123Dined on 8/30/2014The. Waitress we had I think her name was Jerrica are Terika she was absolutely wonderful if she can deal with me she is an awesome person a smile the entire time It was a pleasure having her as our waitress the food was awesome and I can't wait to come back againSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- WonderfulLilfambigtummyDined on 8/29/2014I love this place cause it is perfect for big family get togethers. We can select what people want and share the experience with everyone. The place is good for babies to adults. My grandmother who doesn't get out much had to get a to go menu so she could tell her friends in her assistant living. She actually wanted left overs which is a seldom thing. Thank you for your great service and keep up the family atmosphere.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Buca di Beppo is a happy place!TraumamanDined on 8/28/2014We chose to dine at Buca to celebrate our daughter's last night before going abroad to study. This is our family's happy place. The music is unbeatable! The staff are friendly. The menu is reliable, meaning we can rely on the choices to be consistently made. We ordered the small Chopped Antipasto Salad, and a Large Stuffed Shells. This was plenty for the three of us. I appreciate the occasional emails and coupons Buca sends me. They reminds us that we're overdue for another visit, and they help us to stretch our budget.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SlippingBummerDined on 8/25/2014Used to love to come to Buca with bigger groups 10+... Very disappointed this time. The garlic mashed potatoes were bland. They say great for groups... Putting a table for 6 up to a booth for eight along a wall means 5 to 7 people had to constantly get up for one person to get out and come back. One inattentive server for a group of 13 doesn't work! Empty drink glasses constantly, not enough silverware, these are the basics and were never met. Won't ever go back. Food was bland and boring too. We spent almost $30 per person!
- Early Summer Friday DinnerEddieDined on 8/22/2014Have been to Buca's on several occasions, always have fun. Buca's is best for groups food has always been deliciousSpecial Features:
- Buca di Beppojoy2uDined on 8/20/2014food here is great; although many people enjoy low-lighting, I'd rather be able to see their delicious food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- they were ready for ushungryfourDined on 8/16/2014Bucca was ready to seat us at the time of our reservation but the party of 4 was not there yet. Two of us sat at the bar and enjoyed some libation. The hostess tracked us down 15 minutes after arrival and got us seated. When our party of 2 arrived they joined us. Lydia our waitress was GREAT! beverages promptly with extra ice for cold H20. She notified us that a huge order got placed ahead of ours and that our garlic cheese bread and chopped salad would tie us over as we would have a longer than usual wait for our entrees. No worries....it was worth waiting for!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- TammyDined on 8/15/2014We always enjoy dining at Buca and were once again pleased with our meal, service, and ambiance.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food; bad sertviceNimeeshDined on 8/8/2014I have been visiting Buca's for the past 8 years and the food quality has been very good throughout.. However, I see that the service quality has been getting bad... In my last visit, we had the worst experience... the server seem to have vanished for the entire time and showed up at the very end for the check. We needed extra paper napkins and water and after telling a different server, did not get it till our server returned, after the dinner was over. Besides, they always seem to be in a hurry to get your order and every customer seem like a " 1 done, few more to go" type behavior!!!Special Features:
- fruit fliesvivaitaliADined on 8/7/2014the St Paul location. ..there were several fruit flies at my table and in my food. We told our waiter. .I watched him go to his manager, watched her shrug her shoulders. She came over and told us that was a problem spot, and that they had flies behind the bar and the flies come in the front door. We asked to be moved... she moved us and instructed our waiter to bring the same plates that had bugs on them. The worse part of it.was they immediately seated another guest in the problematic booth. Ifthe flies are that bad... what does the kitchen look like? I have pictures and my receipt. I have patronized buca for years and I willnever again. understand that things happen. . But the managersresponse and seating someone else there.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/3/2014Not sure why, but Open table sent the request through for a reservation for the wrong number of people. It went to restaurant as 5 or 6 (don't remember exactly), but we had 8 adults plus kids. I checked on the APP, and confirmed it was showing as 8, but the restaurant had the reservation of 5 or 6. The manager ended up having to wait our table, we were seated with a big group including 4 kids, and ended up being seated in a back room where there was not anybody else there. Not sure why they did not do that right away instead of have us wait with 4 kids for an extra 15min (15min is a long time with kids 1 year to 5 years) Since this room was open, should have been seated quicker. We still had a fine time, food was same as always at Bucca.
- If you like heavy sauce/dressinghealthiernowDined on 8/1/2014I remember past eating experiences at Buca very fondly, but I learned this time that I am no longer the target market. The food consists of heavy pasta drenched in sauce, and the salads come drowning in dressing. Which is great if that is what you are into, but it is not something that I currently enjoy. Since my last visit (about two years back) they have changed the bruschetta, and in my opinion ruined it. It used to come out on a family style plate with heaps of beautiful tomatoes and a drizzle just waiting to be tasted. Now it is delivered in a cheesy giant martini glass with all the tomatoes and dressing in the middle. Not only does it look silly the bread absorbed so much liquid that several were to soggy to eat.
- WestSiderDined on 7/25/2014Buca is on our list of favorite restaurants to go to with friends, whether it is for a special occasion or just a date night on Friday (as was our latest visit). We always get the same thing and it always tastes great which is why we like to come here: we KNOW that we are going to enjoy the food. The wait staff are attentive and accommodating - we never leave unsatisfied, unhappy or disgruntled. It may not be haute cuisine, but it is good , tasty food in a lively atmosphere with friendly staff.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Favorite Italian restaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/20/2014We always enjoy our dining experience at Buca's. When we want Italian, we choose Buca di Beppo's in St Paul.Special Features:
- FineOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/20/2014We've been to Buca many times before. This night the food was good, service was mediocre. I think the waitress we had was just working too many tables and wasn't able to focus on us as much as we or she might have liked. But, we still had a good time, regardless.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SErverServerProbsDined on 7/12/2014Our server was Brooks, great personality and super friendly/attentive. Horrible at knowing the menu and guiding us on what to order. We asked how many glasses a bottle of Chianti would serve - he said 4 - it was a JUMBO bottle. Same with some entree numbers we ordered.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Festive!MsVikiDined on 7/11/2014Great, festive place for a celebration dinner. Good food and awesome service!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We come for the saladRandTDined on 7/11/2014Whether just the two of us come, or we have a group, we always order a large Apple Gorgonzola Salad. Granny Smith apples, spiced walnuts, dried cranberries and Gorgonzola tossed with mixed lettuce in Buca's signature Italian vinaigrette--yum!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Buca in St. PaulDanielVIPDined on 7/5/2014The service staff is outstanding. Our server Derrick was amazing. The manager is rude.Special Features:
- DisappointedQueenJudyVIPDined on 7/3/2014We have gone here many times to have the kitchen table, and never have we had the poor service as we did this time. Our waiter was MIA all the time. I had to go and ask the manager for him at least 5 times to come back tour table. It took 20 minutes for him to return our check to us after I paid and get my gift card back. This after I chased him down to get it. We will never do this again here.Special Features:
- 1st timeNewplacesDined on 6/25/2014Was looking for a new restaurant to check out for our anniversary. Heard many recommendations for Buca and a family member had also dined there. Ended up to be a great find and will become regulars as the food is fantastic.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Our waiter triedBusinessLuncherDined on 6/23/2014We has a small party of 5, our waiter tried but our service was slow, slow, slow as he dealt with other tables. We received our entrees first after a long wait so we asked that our salads be held. We waited again for the bill. We waited . . . .
- Happy Dodranscentennial!GoldilocksDined on 6/16/2014My mom's 75th birthday celebration at Buca was exceptional! My mom hugged and cried repeatedly, which meant she was very happy! I think she even hugged all the staff who sang Buca's version of "Happy Birthday" to her. The food was fresh, flavorful, and plentiful. Pre-ordering for our large group was a great idea. Cooper and Erica (our wait staff) were friendly, helpful, and patient. They did an amazing job in taking care of all our needs and making my mom feel special. We were very happy to be tucked back in our own little alcove so we could move around, mingle, and take pictures. And, the atmosphere was fun for my Italian mother. Everything was fabulous, and my family is so grateful for Buca's part in making special memories for my mom.Special Features:
- ServiceTennisfunDined on 6/15/2014Food great but it appeared the kitchen could not keep up. It was nearly 2 hours before we got main course. Waitress good but rushed off their feet. Either understaffed in kitchen or up front. We were not the only people questioning service this night.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointedOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 6/15/2014Took my family there for Father's Day. Reservation was at 5 and were sat but we didn't get a server until 545 and only because I went to the front and asked when we were going to get one. Everyone who came after us that were day around us got food and drinks before us. We weren't brought waters until after our food came and nothing was Ever refilled. We were interrupted twice asking if we ordered certain food that wasn't ours. Out food got brought to another table until I caught it and I formed the food runner it was ours. Awful
- "Special Family Occasion" placevioletDined on 6/15/2014Buca (as we call it) is a tradition now among family and friends, on occasions when we are celebrating in a small or large group. The dining is "family style" and it is fun to decide as a group which dishes to order, and to pass things around. So much food! There are always extra meals taken home for later on. The food is not really "haute cuisine", though quite delicious. The desserts are huge! It is the experience that matters most. If someone is celebrating a birthday, the whole staff comes to sing, with a large candelabra.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 6/14/2014Our server, Carrie, was awesome! We had a large group with a lot of different needs, and of course, separate checks. She was so patient with us and friendly. She made our experience great. We'll be back. Thanks!Special Features:
- vickiOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 6/14/2014The food was great. Our waitress was wonderful I wish I remembered her name. It was very loud and hard to have a conversation. On the open table notes I had ordered a cake but it did not come which was fine because we we're too full. I think the cake order was the fault of the open table not the restaurant. I had also noted that my husband was in a wheelchair and they didn't seem to know that either. He had to sit in the isle. But I had that problem with open table before. We made another reservation at the porter house through them for my husbands birthday last year. Everything was confirmed and then 2 days before they cancelled our reservations cause they couldn't seat us because we required a table instead of a booth.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/8/2014Our waitress was awesome. Great food, fun employees.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice place for celebrationDueyDined on 6/8/2014We had my daughter's graduation dinner here and it was great. Got a back room where we all could sit together and share a meal and carry on a conversation. Good food and good time.Special Features:
- Buca experiencekt5476Dined on 5/31/2014The food was amazing and they are always super friendly at the St. Paul location. You're always sent home with leftovers as well so you can have it for lunch the next day :)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good Food ,when we got itNevergoingbackDined on 5/29/2014We were greeted by the GM, who seated us, in the bar, WITHOUT bringing us menus. My husband had to get up and ask for menus when she didn't come back, nor had the server stopped by after 5 min. When the GM seated us, she didn't check us in because when our guests arrived they had to wait because the hostess told them we were not there yet. We ordered drinks, which my husband had to get up and get them off the service bar (for both rounds). We had to ask the server to bring us our salad which didn't come with our appetizer. Only 2 of the 3 entrees arrived. The GM told us she was going to go "stare" at the cooks to speed up the cooking. The chicken came, after we were done with our other food. Can't finish the rest of the horrible service