Buca di Beppo - St. Paul
2728 Gannon Road
St. Paul, MN 55116Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
Buca di Beppo - St. Paul
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.bucadibeppo.com/
- Phone: 6517724388x
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Thursday: 11:00am - 10:00pm, Friday & Saturday: 11:00am - 11:00pm, Sunday: 11:00am - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Italian, Comfort Food
- Executive Chef: Ramon Ruiz
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Delivery, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Our full menu is available for Buca To Go and Delivery. If you're hosting a special occasion or group event at your home, office or a local area reception hall, Buca To Go or Buca Delivery is the perfect choice. Our friendly & professional staff will assist you with your order, arrange a specific pick-up time for Buca To Go or deliver your order ($25 delivery fee applies to deliveries). Plates, napkins, eating & serving utensils and condiments are included. No minimum purchase required. Please allow 3 hours for same-day delivery and call for questions/details about our delivery service area.
- Special Events: Whether you’re celebrating a special occasion, planning a business dinner or having a night out with family and friends, Buca di Beppo is your answer to one fabulous group dining experience! Buca serves authentic Italian family-style meals in an eclectic, vintage setting. Our knowledgeable staff will help organize and plan your group event or meetings with diverse lunch or dinner banquet packages - ideal for groups of 20 or more. Private and semi-private rooms are available.
A word from Buca di Beppo - St. Paul
Buca di Beppo serves authentic Italian cuisine in an eclectic, vintage setting. Our dishes are served family-style, meant to be shared by everyone at the table. Two sizes are available: BUCA SMALL feeds two or more and BUCA LARGE feeds four or more. At Buca, guests delight in our lively atmosphere, enjoy the classic tunes of Frank Sinatra and Dean Martin and admire our decor, including family photos and candid shots of Italian-American icons, such as Sophia Loren and Joe DiMaggio. Our energetic atmosphere, delicious food and friendly staff make Buca di Beppo the perfect place for great Italian food and fun.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerKid Friendly
- Diners' Choice WinnerSpecial Occasion
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
Buca di Beppo - St. Paul - Best Restaurants in St. Paul ›
Buca di Beppo - St. Paul reviews from OpenTable diners
117 reviews since June 23, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
good for groups (92)special occasion (75)kid-friendly (55)neighborhood gem (34)fit for foodies (30)great for lunch (15)romantic (8)great for brunch (6)late-night find (4)hot spot (4)great for outdoor dining (2)notable wine list (1)Show More
- Great valueTopshelfDined on 10/16/2014Hard to beat the value, especially with a $15 coupon that we had. We brought home enough excess for a half dozen more meals from the two we ordered and they were SMALL orders.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great timeOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 10/16/2014double birthday celebration for us which was so much fun!! friendly server and fabulous food as always!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lunch at BucaMarybelleVIPDined on 10/14/2014Went for lunch which was ok. We had to ask for bread and ordered a ToGo order which again had to ask for bread for that order. Rather disappointing lunch experience.Special Features:
- CharmingSassyDined on 10/13/2014The whole Italian thing is just plain charming. Menu is easy to decipher (although choices are difficult to make - they are all very tasty).Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Husband's BirthdayOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 10/12/2014We met our son's and their significant others for lunch on Sunday. Buca's in St. Paul is a littel tricky to get to but the building is so easy to see that one can find their way. We shared an appetizer of calamari, mushrooms and it was great. The rigatoni, arbiatta and chicken gorgonzola and apple walnut salad were fresh and tasty. We split cannollis for dessert. Excellent and fresh. Loved the decor and it created a fun atmosphere we realized we must go there more often.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fun nightgr8timeDined on 10/11/2014This is a fun place to dine with excellent food and service. Families with children are welcome and on a Saturday night it was bursting with energy. We made a reservation which was a good move on our part. The food was excellent and our waitress was helpful and prompt with serving us even with the amount of people in the restaurant.Special Features:
- ConsistentNonVegansDined on 10/11/2014Looks like Buca has got their new protocol sorted out. St Paul store is a little too noisy for me.Special Features:
- Excellent food and serviceLuvBucaDined on 10/11/2014We frequent Buca when we can. This time the food was outstanding and service was exceptional.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bad ServiceSullyDined on 10/10/2014We had Brooks as a waiter. He was not friendly and got our order wrong. Food was good when we received the right order. But if you get Brooks ask for a different server.Special Features:
- authentic delicious italian cuisinelillyDined on 10/10/2014Our date night af Buca's was outstanding! We ordered the lasagna and the pruschitto stuffed chicken breast with pesto and marinara. Everything was delicious! The homemade pastas and fresh sauces are scrumptious. I would definitely recommend Buca's to anyone who enjoys Italian food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Serviceeat2liveDined on 10/4/2014Reservations were at 6:30 pm and did not get seated until after 7:00 pm. We were seated in the bar. The service and food made up for the poor seating and the long wait.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very very slow service.WaitwhileicheckonitDined on 10/4/2014We ordered simple spagetti for a party of six. It took two hours for the spaghetti to arrive. Ambiance can never overcome such slow and inattentive service. The spaghetti was average at best when it finally came.
- Special BirthdayBarb1037Dined on 9/27/2014Bringing the family together on my Birthday at Buca was perfect! There is always something for everyone and the food is always good! We had fun!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Online Reservation - 1st useBeneDinerDined on 9/26/2014This was my first use of the Online Reservation system for Buca. Worked great...walked in at appointed time and my party (3) was seated within 5 minutes !! Will use the system again when dining here.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MPLS-LennyMPLSLennyDined on 9/21/2014It checked "energetic" for noise level, because "practically intolerable" is not an option.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Like having supper at grandma'sElvisannDined on 9/20/2014Buca is family style Italian dining. Loud, boisterous and fun. The only difficult thing is deciding what to get since its all great and, it's family style so you need to come to a consensus.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Poor serviceLuvnewfoodDined on 9/20/2014Atmosphere was quite loud and chaotic. We had wine splashed on us by the wait staff serving the table next to us. Our wait staff said she would have the manager come over to us, but that never happened. Did not refill tea during meal. We got our bread after we finished our salad. The food served had good flavor and was good temperature. We asked for the 4 for $40 deal but when the bill came it had not been applied and we had to ask to have the bill redone.Special Features:
- Worst experience everOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/14/2014Worst service I have ever experienced. Will never return again.Special Features:
- Great drinks, slow serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/10/2014I wondered if service was slow due to fewer waitstaff, but we waited 10 minutes before we even had anyone approached our table to ask whether we wanted anything beside water. Oh, wait, we didn't even have water. We had nothing. After that, service was o.k., but we were there for over 2 hours which is twice as long as we normally experience.
- 90th Birthday CelebrationOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/6/2014BUCA did a great job of hosting 21 people at a birthday celebration. Service was exceptional!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- birthday savedsimpledinersDined on 9/5/2014The food was good enough and the prices seemed high but if you go with a group and split the bill then it's very worth it, especially considering the portions you get. However from the second we sat down it seemed like the waiters were rushing to get us out. Every 3 minute's he was back asking if we were ready even though he knew we were waiting for two members of our party to arrive. When we did order and the food came out we were quickly asked how everything tasted before anyone even got to take a bite. Once we started eating, like clock work, our waiter or some bus boy would come to see if we were done and if they could box anything up for us. Overall food was OK but service not so much.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointedDiner1956Dined on 9/5/2014This visit to Buca was so disappointing I don't know where to begin. We were seated immediately and everything went down hill from there. We waited at least 10 minutes to even see a server. Our appetizer was supposed to be Garlic Bread and the runner tried to deliver Garlic Cheese Bread. We then got our entrees before the Garlic Bread. The food delivered looked delicious but was barely warm. We would have loved to point that out to our server but she was nowhere to be found. When the Garlic Bread finally arrived we were at least half way through our food. The server seems so happy to finally complete our order and when I pointed out to her she didn't offered any compensation. We will never go to this Buca again.
- Great Italian FoodD916Dined on 9/4/2014This was my first visit to Bucca and wasn't sure what to expect. I was told by friends that service was family style and I wasn't disappointed. the turn table in the center of the huge round table provided great serving convenience for everyone. The waiter was so patient with us while we were waiting for a couple more friends to join us, we were having such a good time I only hope we didn't get too loud for the other customers. Thank you for a wonderful dining experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Buca was Great!HappyDinerDined on 9/4/2014Service, food, and drink selections were just what we were looking for. Really enjoyed the deep fried squid. Will be going back soon to enjoy another meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Service slow I mean very slowMandpDined on 9/1/2014For a mid afternoon lunch with very few people dining, the good took a very very long time. Heard there was only 1 cook, poor excuse. But all other aspects of our dining experience were great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ServiceLarsonelli123Dined on 8/30/2014The. Waitress we had I think her name was Jerrica are Terika she was absolutely wonderful if she can deal with me she is an awesome person a smile the entire time It was a pleasure having her as our waitress the food was awesome and I can't wait to come back againSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- WonderfulLilfambigtummyDined on 8/29/2014I love this place cause it is perfect for big family get togethers. We can select what people want and share the experience with everyone. The place is good for babies to adults. My grandmother who doesn't get out much had to get a to go menu so she could tell her friends in her assistant living. She actually wanted left overs which is a seldom thing. Thank you for your great service and keep up the family atmosphere.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Buca di Beppo is a happy place!TraumamanDined on 8/28/2014We chose to dine at Buca to celebrate our daughter's last night before going abroad to study. This is our family's happy place. The music is unbeatable! The staff are friendly. The menu is reliable, meaning we can rely on the choices to be consistently made. We ordered the small Chopped Antipasto Salad, and a Large Stuffed Shells. This was plenty for the three of us. I appreciate the occasional emails and coupons Buca sends me. They reminds us that we're overdue for another visit, and they help us to stretch our budget.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SlippingBummerDined on 8/25/2014Used to love to come to Buca with bigger groups 10+... Very disappointed this time. The garlic mashed potatoes were bland. They say great for groups... Putting a table for 6 up to a booth for eight along a wall means 5 to 7 people had to constantly get up for one person to get out and come back. One inattentive server for a group of 13 doesn't work! Empty drink glasses constantly, not enough silverware, these are the basics and were never met. Won't ever go back. Food was bland and boring too. We spent almost $30 per person!
- Early Summer Friday DinnerEddieDined on 8/22/2014Have been to Buca's on several occasions, always have fun. Buca's is best for groups food has always been deliciousSpecial Features:
- Buca di Beppojoy2uDined on 8/20/2014food here is great; although many people enjoy low-lighting, I'd rather be able to see their delicious food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- they were ready for ushungryfourDined on 8/16/2014Bucca was ready to seat us at the time of our reservation but the party of 4 was not there yet. Two of us sat at the bar and enjoyed some libation. The hostess tracked us down 15 minutes after arrival and got us seated. When our party of 2 arrived they joined us. Lydia our waitress was GREAT! beverages promptly with extra ice for cold H20. She notified us that a huge order got placed ahead of ours and that our garlic cheese bread and chopped salad would tie us over as we would have a longer than usual wait for our entrees. No worries....it was worth waiting for!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- TammyDined on 8/15/2014We always enjoy dining at Buca and were once again pleased with our meal, service, and ambiance.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food; bad sertviceNimeeshDined on 8/8/2014I have been visiting Buca's for the past 8 years and the food quality has been very good throughout.. However, I see that the service quality has been getting bad... In my last visit, we had the worst experience... the server seem to have vanished for the entire time and showed up at the very end for the check. We needed extra paper napkins and water and after telling a different server, did not get it till our server returned, after the dinner was over. Besides, they always seem to be in a hurry to get your order and every customer seem like a " 1 done, few more to go" type behavior!!!Special Features:
- fruit fliesvivaitaliADined on 8/7/2014the St Paul location. ..there were several fruit flies at my table and in my food. We told our waiter. .I watched him go to his manager, watched her shrug her shoulders. She came over and told us that was a problem spot, and that they had flies behind the bar and the flies come in the front door. We asked to be moved... she moved us and instructed our waiter to bring the same plates that had bugs on them. The worse part of it.was they immediately seated another guest in the problematic booth. Ifthe flies are that bad... what does the kitchen look like? I have pictures and my receipt. I have patronized buca for years and I willnever again. understand that things happen. . But the managersresponse and seating someone else there.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/3/2014Not sure why, but Open table sent the request through for a reservation for the wrong number of people. It went to restaurant as 5 or 6 (don't remember exactly), but we had 8 adults plus kids. I checked on the APP, and confirmed it was showing as 8, but the restaurant had the reservation of 5 or 6. The manager ended up having to wait our table, we were seated with a big group including 4 kids, and ended up being seated in a back room where there was not anybody else there. Not sure why they did not do that right away instead of have us wait with 4 kids for an extra 15min (15min is a long time with kids 1 year to 5 years) Since this room was open, should have been seated quicker. We still had a fine time, food was same as always at Bucca.
- If you like heavy sauce/dressinghealthiernowDined on 8/1/2014I remember past eating experiences at Buca very fondly, but I learned this time that I am no longer the target market. The food consists of heavy pasta drenched in sauce, and the salads come drowning in dressing. Which is great if that is what you are into, but it is not something that I currently enjoy. Since my last visit (about two years back) they have changed the bruschetta, and in my opinion ruined it. It used to come out on a family style plate with heaps of beautiful tomatoes and a drizzle just waiting to be tasted. Now it is delivered in a cheesy giant martini glass with all the tomatoes and dressing in the middle. Not only does it look silly the bread absorbed so much liquid that several were to soggy to eat.
- WestSiderDined on 7/25/2014Buca is on our list of favorite restaurants to go to with friends, whether it is for a special occasion or just a date night on Friday (as was our latest visit). We always get the same thing and it always tastes great which is why we like to come here: we KNOW that we are going to enjoy the food. The wait staff are attentive and accommodating - we never leave unsatisfied, unhappy or disgruntled. It may not be haute cuisine, but it is good , tasty food in a lively atmosphere with friendly staff.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Favorite Italian restaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/20/2014We always enjoy our dining experience at Buca's. When we want Italian, we choose Buca di Beppo's in St Paul.Special Features:
- FineOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/20/2014We've been to Buca many times before. This night the food was good, service was mediocre. I think the waitress we had was just working too many tables and wasn't able to focus on us as much as we or she might have liked. But, we still had a good time, regardless.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.