Buca di Beppo - St. Paul
2728 Gannon Road
St. Paul, MN 55116Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
Buca di Beppo - St. Paul
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.bucadibeppo.com/
- Phone: (651) 772-4388
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Thursday: 11:00am - 10:00pm, Friday & Saturday: 11:00am - 11:00pm, Sunday: 11:00am - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Italian, Comfort Food
- Executive Chef: Ramon Ruiz
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Delivery, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Our full menu is available for Buca To Go and Delivery. If you're hosting a special occasion or group event at your home, office or a local area reception hall, Buca To Go or Buca Delivery is the perfect choice. Our friendly & professional staff will assist you with your order, arrange a specific pick-up time for Buca To Go or deliver your order ($25 delivery fee applies to deliveries). Plates, napkins, eating & serving utensils and condiments are included. No minimum purchase required. Please allow 3 hours for same-day delivery and call for questions/details about our delivery service area.
- Special Events: Whether you’re celebrating a special occasion, planning a business dinner or having a night out with family and friends, Buca di Beppo is your answer to one fabulous group dining experience! Buca serves authentic Italian family-style meals in an eclectic, vintage setting. Our knowledgeable staff will help organize and plan your group event or meetings with diverse lunch or dinner banquet packages - ideal for groups of 20 or more. Private and semi-private rooms are available.
A word from Buca di Beppo - St. Paul
Buca di Beppo serves authentic Italian cuisine in an eclectic, vintage setting. Our dishes are served family-style, meant to be shared by everyone at the table. Two sizes are available: BUCA SMALL feeds two or more and BUCA LARGE feeds four or more. At Buca, guests delight in our lively atmosphere, enjoy the classic tunes of Frank Sinatra and Dean Martin and admire our decor, including family photos and candid shots of Italian-American icons, such as Sophia Loren and Joe DiMaggio. Our energetic atmosphere, delicious food and friendly staff make Buca di Beppo the perfect place for great Italian food and fun.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerKid Friendly
- Diners' Choice WinnerSpecial Occasion
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
Buca di Beppo - St. Paul - Best Restaurants in St. Paul ›
Buca di Beppo - St. Paul reviews from OpenTable diners
138 reviews since July 24, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
good for groups (111)special occasion (84)kid-friendly (65)neighborhood gem (37)fit for foodies (31)great for lunch (16)romantic (15)great for brunch (7)hot spot (7)late-night find (5)notable wine list (4)great for outdoor dining (3)scenic view (2)vibrant bar scene (1)Show More
- NEVER EXPERIENCED SUCH A BAD EXPERIENCEOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/15/2014THE SERVICE WAS SLOW. WE WERE SPLITTING THE BILL AMONG 10 PEOPLE AND NEVER TOLD WE COULD ONLY HAVE ONE COUPON PER TABLE. SPENT SEVERAL HUNDREDS OF DOLLARS. ASKED FOR A MANAGER. SHE WAS VERY RUDE AND WOULD NOT HELP AND ANY WAY. WAS NOT DRESSED VERY PROFESSIONAL FOR BEING A RESTAURANT OF YOUR CLASS. WE WERE SEATED BY A TABLE OF TEENAGE GIRLS. WE COULD NOT HEAR EACH OTHER.
- Almost perfect eveningAlmostHappyDined on 11/15/2014We had a 5:00 pm reservation for a group of 10 including 2 small children, which I put in the comments section of the open table reservation. At 6:30 the hostess (I'm assuming the hostess, she had a radio headset on) asked us if we were ready to pay, because the group waiting for our table had been waiting for a half an hour. We were a group of 10 with 2 kids! Who gets done with dinner in a hour with that many people!? We were always ready with our order when our waitress came - she was great by the way - and didn't sit around chatting at the end either. Right up until the end of the evening it was wonderful. Good food, good service, fun with family from out of town. But the hostess left us with a poor opinion of our night, which is unfortunate.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Review for Buca's in St. PaulOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/14/2014The wine and drink menu was great, as was the food menu. The portions were huge and the food came out fresh and steaming; everything tasted great! Everyone had an opportunity to try a little of everything, which was great for a group of 10! The layout was the only downside to the experience and we ended up having to ask another table to shift over so that the person at the end of our table didn't get constantly bumped into by waiters walking by. I would highly recommend Buca's to anyone and will be returning in the future!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- wonderful dinnerhappycanadian2014Dined on 11/10/2014Great meal, great service. Lived up to its reputation! Will definitely be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/9/2014We love the food at Buca De Peppo, but Chicken catchitori dish that has been a standard for years is no longer on the menu :(.So I called ahead and they graciously made the dish for our group. (Slightly changed, but still delicious.) The food continues to meet the expectations of my 14 guests and the atmosphere was, as always, charming. Next time we'll ask for the Popes Table! Very busy and the waitress was over loaded with customers. She was polite and charming, but couldn't keep up. One of my guests was served 15 minutes after everyone else.Special Features:
- Buca great as alwaysJackibee56Dined on 11/7/2014We love the Gannon Road Buca. Service is always prompt and courteous, food is delicious, and we come away with enough leftovers to have a lovely lunch the following day. The house rose wine is serviceable, though the portion could be a bit larger. We especially recommend the apple gorgonzola salad and the shrimp diavolo. The odd, eclectic decor is always fun.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- So accommodating!jnadDined on 11/7/2014We needed place to gather when my brother had a lay-over for 2 hours. Buca accommodated us with a large table and had our food ready when we arrived. The service was terrific and they were so helpful and kind.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/5/2014Food was great, but, skimpy on the sauce - had to ask for more sauce, and still there was not really enough sauce. We had the rosa dish, chicken marsala, antipasto salad, chicken stuffed with prosciutto, and rigatoni with meat sauce. The best dish was the rigatoni with meat sauce - which was an off the menu request we had. The chicken was excellent - tender and juicy. I had a takeout order of chicken marsala and fettuccini alfredo and Italian creme cake. All were excellent, but, again, very light on sauce. This a great place for groups - get the round pope's table with the turntable in the middle if there are at least twelve people.Special Features:
- Buca's is Buca'sPleased2Dined on 11/1/2014The staff are great, the food better than just good. Buca's for me is always a little loud as I have some hearing loss. When I eat at Buca's I get the same experience every time witch is exactly what I want and that keeps me coming back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- birthdaygirlsdaughterDined on 11/1/2014My mom loves this restaurant. She likes to spend every birthday here. I would recommend it. The food isn't quite my style, however, the staff make it a great experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great food noisy waitressrocko327Dined on 10/30/2014Food was outstanding but waitresses was clanging plates together right behind my head ...very annoying!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Phenomenal Service!!BeanerDined on 10/26/2014I wish I could remember the servers name, but I had reservations on Sunday October 26th at 5:15pm. My server had timing that was out of this world! He knew exactly what we wanted and when we wanted it. I have been a server for 13 years and I was very impressed! Two people from my party had never been at Buca's and they were amazed by the atmosphere, service, and the food!!! I will continue to spread the good word about Buca's to everyone I know!!Special Features:
- Saturday nightPrincessSleepyDined on 10/25/2014Even with a reservation we ended up waiting more than 20 minutes for a table. We were a group of 13, but that seemed to defeat the purpose of having the reservation. The table we ended up getting was an extremely tight fit for that number of people and made it a little uncomfortable to eat. For a restaurant whose menu is geared towards groups, I was a little disappointed in our experience. That said, the food was delicious and perfect for all who were there and the servers were friendly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- disappointingOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 10/25/2014Not the most pleasant visit: 1) The seats were wet when we sat on them, 2) My first wine glass had dried spaghetti sauce on it, 3) My first knife had quite a bit of dried food crust on it. They got all these things right in the end, but...Special Features:
- Great Birthday Celebration SpotfoodiemommaDined on 10/25/2014I love to come here for large family birthday get-togethers. The large portions are great to share for a large variety of amazing food! The staff singing to you is pretty fun too :) It gets crowded (because and the tables are quite packed together, but it still is a great place to go.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OK, but overpricedsouthmplsdinerDined on 10/23/20142 entrees to share plus 1 salad = $65 - for the quality should have been priced around $40. Pasta dishes with meat required searching for the meat and then it was overcooked (ie, dry and tough). There were out of both bottled waters. Service was good and the server recognized it was pretty embarrassing to be out of bottled water. A good place for groups as long as someone else is paying. Lots of other (better) Italian restaurants in the area for the same money.Special Features:
- Bucca fan!PastaFanDined on 10/19/2014I have always been very satisfied when dining at Bucca di Beppo. It is always fun to bring someone who hasn't been there before to experience the family style dining and the large number of entrée choices.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great valueTopshelfDined on 10/16/2014Hard to beat the value, especially with a $15 coupon that we had. We brought home enough excess for a half dozen more meals from the two we ordered and they were SMALL orders.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great timeYumYumBirthdayPartyDined on 10/16/2014double birthday celebration for us which was so much fun!! friendly server and fabulous food as always!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lunch at BucaMarybelleVIPDined on 10/14/2014Went for lunch which was ok. We had to ask for bread and ordered a ToGo order which again had to ask for bread for that order. Rather disappointing lunch experience.Special Features:
- CharmingSassyDined on 10/13/2014The whole Italian thing is just plain charming. Menu is easy to decipher (although choices are difficult to make - they are all very tasty).Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Husband's BirthdayOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 10/12/2014We met our son's and their significant others for lunch on Sunday. Buca's in St. Paul is a littel tricky to get to but the building is so easy to see that one can find their way. We shared an appetizer of calamari, mushrooms and it was great. The rigatoni, arbiatta and chicken gorgonzola and apple walnut salad were fresh and tasty. We split cannollis for dessert. Excellent and fresh. Loved the decor and it created a fun atmosphere we realized we must go there more often.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fun nightgr8timeDined on 10/11/2014This is a fun place to dine with excellent food and service. Families with children are welcome and on a Saturday night it was bursting with energy. We made a reservation which was a good move on our part. The food was excellent and our waitress was helpful and prompt with serving us even with the amount of people in the restaurant.Special Features:
- ConsistentNonVegansVIPDined on 10/11/2014Looks like Buca has got their new protocol sorted out. St Paul store is a little too noisy for me.Special Features:
- Excellent food and serviceLuvBucaDined on 10/11/2014We frequent Buca when we can. This time the food was outstanding and service was exceptional.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bad ServiceSullyDined on 10/10/2014We had Brooks as a waiter. He was not friendly and got our order wrong. Food was good when we received the right order. But if you get Brooks ask for a different server.Special Features:
- authentic delicious italian cuisinelillyDined on 10/10/2014Our date night af Buca's was outstanding! We ordered the lasagna and the pruschitto stuffed chicken breast with pesto and marinara. Everything was delicious! The homemade pastas and fresh sauces are scrumptious. I would definitely recommend Buca's to anyone who enjoys Italian food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Serviceeat2liveDined on 10/4/2014Reservations were at 6:30 pm and did not get seated until after 7:00 pm. We were seated in the bar. The service and food made up for the poor seating and the long wait.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very very slow service.WaitwhileicheckonitDined on 10/4/2014We ordered simple spagetti for a party of six. It took two hours for the spaghetti to arrive. Ambiance can never overcome such slow and inattentive service. The spaghetti was average at best when it finally came.
- Special BirthdayBarb1037Dined on 9/27/2014Bringing the family together on my Birthday at Buca was perfect! There is always something for everyone and the food is always good! We had fun!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Online Reservation - 1st useBeneDinerDined on 9/26/2014This was my first use of the Online Reservation system for Buca. Worked great...walked in at appointed time and my party (3) was seated within 5 minutes !! Will use the system again when dining here.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MPLS-LennyMPLSLennyDined on 9/21/2014It checked "energetic" for noise level, because "practically intolerable" is not an option.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Like having supper at grandma'sElvisannDined on 9/20/2014Buca is family style Italian dining. Loud, boisterous and fun. The only difficult thing is deciding what to get since its all great and, it's family style so you need to come to a consensus.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Poor serviceLuvnewfoodDined on 9/20/2014Atmosphere was quite loud and chaotic. We had wine splashed on us by the wait staff serving the table next to us. Our wait staff said she would have the manager come over to us, but that never happened. Did not refill tea during meal. We got our bread after we finished our salad. The food served had good flavor and was good temperature. We asked for the 4 for $40 deal but when the bill came it had not been applied and we had to ask to have the bill redone.Special Features:
- Worst experience everOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/14/2014Worst service I have ever experienced. Will never return again.Special Features:
- Great drinks, slow serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/10/2014I wondered if service was slow due to fewer waitstaff, but we waited 10 minutes before we even had anyone approached our table to ask whether we wanted anything beside water. Oh, wait, we didn't even have water. We had nothing. After that, service was o.k., but we were there for over 2 hours which is twice as long as we normally experience.
- 90th Birthday CelebrationOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/6/2014BUCA did a great job of hosting 21 people at a birthday celebration. Service was exceptional!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- birthday savedsimpledinersDined on 9/5/2014The food was good enough and the prices seemed high but if you go with a group and split the bill then it's very worth it, especially considering the portions you get. However from the second we sat down it seemed like the waiters were rushing to get us out. Every 3 minute's he was back asking if we were ready even though he knew we were waiting for two members of our party to arrive. When we did order and the food came out we were quickly asked how everything tasted before anyone even got to take a bite. Once we started eating, like clock work, our waiter or some bus boy would come to see if we were done and if they could box anything up for us. Overall food was OK but service not so much.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointedDiner1956Dined on 9/5/2014This visit to Buca was so disappointing I don't know where to begin. We were seated immediately and everything went down hill from there. We waited at least 10 minutes to even see a server. Our appetizer was supposed to be Garlic Bread and the runner tried to deliver Garlic Cheese Bread. We then got our entrees before the Garlic Bread. The food delivered looked delicious but was barely warm. We would have loved to point that out to our server but she was nowhere to be found. When the Garlic Bread finally arrived we were at least half way through our food. The server seems so happy to finally complete our order and when I pointed out to her she didn't offered any compensation. We will never go to this Buca again.
- Great Italian FoodD916Dined on 9/4/2014This was my first visit to Bucca and wasn't sure what to expect. I was told by friends that service was family style and I wasn't disappointed. the turn table in the center of the huge round table provided great serving convenience for everyone. The waiter was so patient with us while we were waiting for a couple more friends to join us, we were having such a good time I only hope we didn't get too loud for the other customers. Thank you for a wonderful dining experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.