Buca di Beppo - Southlake
2701 East State Highway 114
Southlake, TX 76092Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
Buca di Beppo - Southlake
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.bucadibeppo.com/
- Phone: 8177496262x
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Thursday: 11:00am - 10:00pm, Friday & Saturday: 11:00am - 11:00pm, Sunday: 11:00am - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Italian, Comfort Food
- Executive Chef: Daniel Albarran
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Our full menu is available for Buca To Go and Delivery. If you're hosting a special occasion or group event at your home, office or a local area reception hall, Buca To Go or Buca Delivery is the perfect choice. Our friendly & professional staff will assist you with your order, arrange a specific pick-up time for Buca To Go or deliver your order ($25 delivery fee applies to deliveries). Plates, napkins, eating & serving utensils and condiments are included. No minimum purchase required. Please allow 3 hours for same-day delivery and call for questions/details about our delivery service area.
- Special Events: Whether you’re celebrating a special occasion, planning a business dinner or having a night out with family and friends, Buca di Beppo is your answer to one fabulous group dining experience! Buca serves authentic Italian family-style meals in an eclectic, vintage setting. Our knowledgeable staff will help organize and plan your group event or meetings with diverse lunch or dinner banquet packages - ideal for groups of 20 or more. Private and semi-private rooms are available.
A word from Buca di Beppo - Southlake
Buca di Beppo serves authentic Italian cuisine in an eclectic, vintage setting. Our dishes are served family-style, meant to be shared by everyone at the table. Two sizes are available: BUCA SMALL feeds two or more and BUCA LARGE feeds four or more. At Buca, guests delight in our lively atmosphere, enjoy the classic tunes of Frank Sinatra and Dean Martin and admire our decor, including family photos and candid shots of Italian-American icons, such as Sophia Loren and Joe DiMaggio. Our energetic atmosphere, delicious food and friendly staff make Buca di Beppo the perfect place for great Italian food and fun.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerKid Friendly
- Diners' Choice WinnerItalian
Buca di Beppo - Southlake - Best Restaurants in Southlake ›
Buca di Beppo - Southlake reviews from OpenTable diners
54 reviews since June 25, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
good for groups (48)kid-friendly (31)special occasion (28)romantic (8)neighborhood gem (8)fit for foodies (8)great for lunch (7)hot spot (6)late-night find (4)great for brunch (3)notable wine list (3)great for outdoor dining (2)scenic view (2)vibrant bar scene (1)Show More
- Fantastic Family FunDoxie2Dined on 10/17/2014Party of 18, held in the Pope room. Everything was wonderful, two great servers with plenty of GREAT food!Special Features:
- GmanVIPDined on 10/13/2014Our server was outstanding. Really helped us enjoy our meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Buca Birthday celebrationnomnomtrophyclubmomDined on 10/9/2014We had a wonderful time at Buca. Great Service and food!Special Features:
- Interestingly disappointingTantapDined on 10/4/2014Arrived - and was waiting for the last member of the party. As we were sitting near the reception area, the young lady kept using very improper English. I had a chat with a manager earlier to ask a question. She seemed concerned on a superficial level. We were "SAT" (the language used by the reception lady) at our table -- once there the service was sporadic and disappointing. Had to ask for water, more oil (we just got it ourselves) and my dinner was not correct. It was corrected and brought to me as asked. When the bill arrived, I reminded the waitress that I had the card with some money left, she told me it would be coming off when she applied my credit card. The money on the card never applied.Special Features:
- Still good lasagnathe4rojosVIPDined on 9/24/2014We come here for the lasagna. Unfortunately, I think there were several new people this time. ...our waiter, the manager and maybe the kitchen staff. It was a cupric us and too many things to list. Since the decor remains tacky and many things have gone down hill, we will go to Ferrari's next time. They have equally good lasagna with an excellent staff, very tasteful decor and much better bread for just a couple of bucks more.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/23/2014Had Todd as our waiter. We were a party of 9 and he was great!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great night for family birthdaySalGal50Dined on 9/13/2014This was a great choice for a big group and celebrating a birthday! Our table was ready when we arrived (we had 11 people) and that was wonderful! The service was amazing, the food was fantastic, and you can bring your own cake there! It was a great night we had fun. Making the reservation on open table was key, I even called and added a person with no problem! I love the open table app!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A bit disappointedOutforeveningDined on 9/13/2014Food was delicious. That is about all I can say that is positive. Tables are very close together and they put lots of chairs around each table. The noise levels are very loud. it is difficult to carry on a conversation at the table. Service is very slow. One item we ordered never came to the table. The cost of the item was removed from the bill with no argument. This is good for large party groups who can benefit from the family style serving size and want to make a lot of noise. Not good for smaller groups who want a quiet dinner to talk.Special Features:
- Maze of GoodnesswtxdraggerDined on 9/6/2014From the moment you walk into a Buca di Beppo restaurant, you can tell that the fun is about to begin. And our trip on September the 6th did not disappoint. We were led through the kitchen and around and around until being seated. The trip is one of the cool things about the restaurant. Not only does the smell of great food greet you, but the happy faces at the tables are a tip as to what lies ahead. We had the Parmegan Garlic bread and Ceaser Salad as a starter, followed by enormous bowls of Chicken Fetticine, Shrimp Diavala(sp), and a platter of Chicken Parmigan. The meal was awesome. Everyone in our group had a grand time, and the food was outstanding. Don't forget the bartenders make some of the best drinks around. We will return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great experience with open table!SalGal50Dined on 9/5/2014Highly recommend using open table, book your time, you get there, your table is ready! Buca's was great, we had a nice dining experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good Lasagna, but tacky!the4rojosVIPDined on 8/28/2014They have the best lasagna and chopped salad. However, the decor is offensive and disgusting. I wish they would change it.Special Features:
- Only gluten free person at tableGFgirl50Dined on 8/23/2014Sad u don't serve GF pasta. Only person at table GF. No one interested in eating a huge plate of lemon chicken that is GF. They wanted the 4 for $40. I had to resort to a salad. Tired if eating salads at nice resturants.Special Features:
- Buca is Fun!ExperiencedFoodieVIPDined on 8/22/2014We went to Buca di Beppo with our grown children and were totally delighted with the entire evening. We sat in the bar and Bethany was being trained by J.P. who was really funny and both of them seemed to really enjoy their jobs. Our food was perfectly spaced, we weren't rushed, and it was all the perfect temperature and absolutely delicious! The garlic toast was very yummy and the portion sizes were more than generous. We will be back as soon as time allows.Special Features:
- Consistently GreatMRunyonDined on 8/17/2014Food is always excellent, serving sizes more than adequate. At various locations we've been to, service was hit or miss. This time was a hit.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- YummyHamicatDined on 8/17/2014My first experience was the one in San Francisco. I've been to Sacramento, Dallas and now South Lake. One of my absolute best restraunts ever! I only wish they had one in Fort Worth Texas.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful Dinner!Texasrollercoaster89Dined on 8/15/2014Our experience was easily one of the greatest dinner experiences ever! We knew the food would be great and it was! But the waiters at our table made it a great evening, they recommended great food choices, sang happy birthday for one of our guests, and even played a cool new game called Snaps with us. It was hands down the best experience at a restaurant we've ever experienced!Special Features:
- Birthday partyZachDined on 8/10/2014Great place for large group birthday. We had 10 people and everything was great. Our waiter Nathan was exceptional.Special Features:
- GmanVIPDined on 8/9/2014Always a fun place for a meal. And plenty of leftovers for the next day.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great TimeOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/4/2014We had an awesome waiter- Todd- who was super sweet to out kids. We were a party of 20 so that was no minor accomplishment! Excellent food and we will be back!Special Features:
- 1st Time Experience: So SoVerySurprisedDined on 8/2/2014Went with another couple. We had Chicken Fettuccine Alfredo. Very dry. Very bland. Although a hearty portion for 2. We ordered the large. Took the rest home. Kid loved it. Other couple had Chicken Parm. There's looked great, tasted greatT They ordered the large & it came with 3 lrg chicken breasts. We all could have eaten from this disk and portions. Service was good. Although, young lady quickly picked her nose while taking our drink orders. I don't think anyone else saw it but me but it was quite disturbing as I thought about this for the rest of my time there. She was very friendly and smiled a lot and served us fine. I think she did it with out even knowing she did it. I would definitely go back to try other dishes. I do recommend it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lisa H.LahodsonDined on 7/26/2014This is a great place to celebrate birthdays or bring the whole family to. So fun!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The best ItalianLinbDined on 7/18/2014I love the food and atmosphere , and customer service . The good is delicious and you always come home with left overs . The customer service is great you get a lot of smiles included also.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food. Good times.Sob123Dined on 7/18/2014Enjoyed everything only thing is that it took a very long time to get food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fun Birthday DinnerWhateverDined on 7/18/2014We had a great dining experience - excellent food and our waiter was fun, entertaining, and very helpful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent Birthday DinnerMrsKebbehDined on 7/12/2014Love the ambience. Kind of expensive but good food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great FoodmackathyDined on 7/11/2014Don't think of Buca just if you have a large family. We split a salad and entree and that works out great for the two of us. Great wine suggestions. Leave room for dessert!Special Features:
- Wonderful TimeMTHMomDined on 7/5/2014We had a party of 5 adults and 2 children, wonderful time was had by all.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very good, but not stellarTurtleDined on 7/3/2014We enjoyed our meal. Most of it was good to very good. For two people, it was a pricey meal compared to other Italian places that have comparable or even better food. It was a date night with my wife. , so I wasn't concerned about the price so much. We were looking for low key & relaxed setting & it fit that bill. There is a chef's table in the kitchen, might be a cool option to request if you plan to visit. With the family style serving, it seems like a much better setting for a group of good friends. I would definitely love to go back with friends or family, but not for two. They had plenty of tables that seat 6 or more, so if you in a group & want Italian, it is a good choice. Service should have been more attentive, but it wasn't bad.Special Features:
- service slowmomof4Dined on 6/25/2014We were there for two hours. It took a long time for our server to take our order, bring the food and no water refill. We had to ask for the water and more bread. It took a lot of the time for the dessert and for the check to arrive. Our kids were getting frustrated because it was taking too long.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 354 reviews are from the Buca di Beppo - Southlake reviews archive.
- overpriced but good...OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 6/21/2014We enjoyed our meal but I still can't get over how over-priced the food is....I mean, we had a very basic meal for two (ordered a basic salad and shared a half entree...plus four kids who each ate off the kids menu. Also had three glasses of wine and dessert. With a 20% off coupon we still paid over $130 after tip! I mean, $12 a glass for HOUSE chianti?? Half-order entrees costing $20+? (Yes, that's just for a half order...) And then a side of extremely basic, watery noodles and marinara for $10 or whatever?? Ridiculous...food was ok, but overall WAY overpriced. Paid $130+ for an $80 meal...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Casual ItalianJessiAnn11Dined on 6/15/2014This was a mixed experience. Biggest complaint was the disparity in wait times. It seemed a long wait for our drinks, and then another long wait for our food, but then we were rushed with being presented with the check and offers of being "boxed up" when the restaurant wasn't closing anytime soon. The food was so-so but that wasn't a surprise. Go in with a mindset of tolerance and you won't be disappointed.
- Always great!NotafoodieDined on 6/15/2014As usual, the food was fantastic and the service was impeccable. We love the price, especially for the amount of food you get. Went for Father's Day, made reservations online, and even though there was a line we did not have to wait.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- What did you say?WhatonfirstDined on 6/15/2014Noisy with lots of out of control kids screaming all through dinner. Food was fine but the service was poor. I have been to this chain's other resturant in another state and got pretty mush the same service level. I guess that is the theme: chaotic house full of people.Special Features:
- Great day for Father's DayLuvtoeatgreatfoodDined on 6/15/2014The food was great and servers were very good! We enjoyed the baked ziti the best! Also had the chicken Marsala and green beans! Yum!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food deliveryOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/15/2014We loved our waitress but food delivery was lagging. They brought my granddaughters food out way before ours( It was apparent the waitress was upset over that) and by the time we got our food she was done eating. It was a busy day for Fathers day so I guess that is why there was a delay in the kitchen. We had to wait waaaaaaaay too long! We love dining here and love the food but no more holiday dining here for us!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- fathers day failBadServiceDined on 6/15/2014although the food was good, i was very upset that the service was so bad on fathers day. no refills on soda but charged 15.00 for 5 drinks, no plates for appetizer until after we had eaten it and we waited 20 minutes for a side of sauce my husband requested to go with his meal. By the time we go the sauce we had to leave. On top of that we sat at a corner booth table that had a ledge behind it. this ledge is where all the dirty cups, dishes and trash were stacked, inches from my head and my son continually tried to grab these things throughout lunch. But the plus of this ledge was it is also where extra plates nd the oil & vinegar were placed so we helped ourselves since we had no one eles there to help us when we needed something.Special Features:
- Father's DayRoxirealtorDined on 6/14/2014Great Father's Day get together - lots of grandkids and perfect around the popes table! Ps when they say colossal - it is colossal !!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not up to parOsolomiooDined on 6/11/2014I had made the reservation at Bucca's a month ago for a very special get together with our immediate family. We have been to this restaurant dozens of times in the past and food, service and ambiance has been top notch. Very disappointed to report that while the food and ambiance expectations were met the service was terrible. It was not the fault of our waiter, he tried his best. He was simply overwhelmed. The meal started out ok but went downhill quickly as more patrons came in. Despite our waiters best efforts by the time appetizers arrived we were mostly on our own as drinks went unfilled, dirty plates stacked up and the expected tableside checkup didn't happen. Management was not to be seen although the chef came out to ask about food.
- GmanVIPDined on 6/7/2014Always dependable. Always fun. Buca is a good place to go with an appetite. The leftovers are always good the next day.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great, but noisyTxbakeDined on 6/6/2014Enjoyed a nice dinner at Buca - food was good, service was good, but the noise level was way too loud. We were in a small room with a low ceiling and two very large groups (15-20 people each). It was difficult for our table of 5 to talk, it didn't help that they seated us at a larger round table that could seat 8. Overall the food was consistent and we will go back. However, we will ask for a different area to be seated away from large parties.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.