Buca di Beppo - Southlake
2701 East State Highway 114
Southlake, TX 76092Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
Buca di Beppo - Southlake
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.bucadibeppo.com/
- Phone: (817) 749-6262
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Thursday: 11:00am - 10:00pm, Friday & Saturday: 11:00am - 11:00pm, Sunday: 11:00am - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Italian, Comfort Food
- Executive Chef: Daniel Albarran
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Our full menu is available for Buca To Go and Delivery. If you're hosting a special occasion or group event at your home, office or a local area reception hall, Buca To Go or Buca Delivery is the perfect choice. Our friendly & professional staff will assist you with your order, arrange a specific pick-up time for Buca To Go or deliver your order ($25 delivery fee applies to deliveries). Plates, napkins, eating & serving utensils and condiments are included. No minimum purchase required. Please allow 3 hours for same-day delivery and call for questions/details about our delivery service area.
- Special Events: Whether you’re celebrating a special occasion, planning a business dinner or having a night out with family and friends, Buca di Beppo is your answer to one fabulous group dining experience! Buca serves authentic Italian family-style meals in an eclectic, vintage setting. Our knowledgeable staff will help organize and plan your group event or meetings with diverse lunch or dinner banquet packages - ideal for groups of 20 or more. Private and semi-private rooms are available.
A word from Buca di Beppo - Southlake
Buca di Beppo serves authentic Italian cuisine in an eclectic, vintage setting. Our dishes are served family-style, meant to be shared by everyone at the table. Two sizes are available: BUCA SMALL feeds two or more and BUCA LARGE feeds four or more. At Buca, guests delight in our lively atmosphere, enjoy the classic tunes of Frank Sinatra and Dean Martin and admire our decor, including family photos and candid shots of Italian-American icons, such as Sophia Loren and Joe DiMaggio. Our energetic atmosphere, delicious food and friendly staff make Buca di Beppo the perfect place for great Italian food and fun.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerKid Friendly
- Diners' Choice WinnerItalian
Buca di Beppo - Southlake - Best Restaurants in Southlake ›
Buca di Beppo - Southlake reviews from OpenTable diners
54 reviews since July 26, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
good for groups (43)kid-friendly (27)special occasion (26)neighborhood gem (8)fit for foodies (6)romantic (5)great for lunch (4)hot spot (4)notable wine list (3)late-night find (3)great for brunch (2)vibrant bar scene (2)great for outdoor dining (1)scenic view (1)Show More
- Buca di BeppoOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 2/23/2014We have exceptional service. The waiter ever let our drinks run dry. The atmosphere is cozy. Deco is old Italy. Pictures on the ceilings and walls along with the music definitely put you in the mood to feast on Italian fare. We had the large apple gorgonzola salad and split it with our table. We followed up with stuffed chicken proscuitto and baked rigatoni for everyone. Both dishes are good. We will return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Service pleaseBigfamilyDined on 2/22/2014Bartender forgot to make my drink. He was then unapologetic. We had a reservation, but they had not set up our table until we arrived so we had to still wait 15 minutes for the table - 20 of us standing in the lobby. Food and drink service and checking out was super slow. Food was delicious. Wait staff was friendly and professional.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Grapevine DinerJohnDined on 2/14/2014It was arguable the busiest day of the year for this type of restaurant. Our server was a little wacky in a Jerry Lewis kind of way. I could tell all the wait staff where doing their best to keep up with all the diners. I would like to try this again when it's not so busy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always love BuccaLawmanDined on 2/14/2014My wife and I have been to Bucca several times, and we have loved it every time. Everything we've tried has been excellent. The only downside was that they have discontinued their mashed potatoes, which were one of our favorite things there. Even with that, the experience was excellent!Special Features:
- Special ReservationNortexDined on 2/14/2014Valentine reservation.Because of back problems requiring soft seating we spoke with Buca and they called us TWICE on 13th to confirm our res. and AGAIN Buca reassured and confirmed they would seat us in softer booth in bar. We arrived early and were told we could not sit in bar, and immediately taken by a manager to a HARD booth with a 1 " cushion. We had four in our party. Of the four entrees, three were room temperature.We are regular customers to Pittsburgh area Bucas and never had an bad experience. Will not be back to Southlake Buca as it is not worth the trip when management does not care, nor will we recommend. However, we continue to recommend the Pittsburgh Bucas, just avoid Southlake if you want a good dining experience.
- Took 45 minutes to get our mealSummerDined on 2/14/2014And when we got our meal it was cold and the Noodles were not even cooked all the way they were hard and stuck together . Servers were great the food was just not good. Not sure if we will be returning to this restaurantsSpecial Features:
- Poor service. Waited 30 minuteskevinDined on 2/14/2014Poor service. Waited 30 minutes for appetizer and one drink refill during the hour and twenty minutes we waited before leaving. Had to find the manager to ask for our order in a to go container as we had other plans. Manager had been by to comp appetizer but then never came back to explain the long wait for the entrée. Waiter offered no answers and did not come by our table during the last half hour we waited. Got up to leave when the table next to us that arrived 45 minutes after us got the same entrée we ordered and we were still waiting. They did put our meal in a to go container and took care of the bill as we walked out. Now we have had excellent service here before so maybe it was just an off night.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Loved it!KH03Dined on 2/14/2014We had the best waitress! She was awesome! I wish I could remember her name (dark hair, really small & really high voice)! She was the best!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Valentine dateWhitehouseDined on 2/14/2014This was our second consecutive Valentine @ Buca......great experience all around. Now we know why we chose this restaurant for our special night again.....great food, good wine and each other. Thanks for making this a wonderful experience.Special Features:
- Annual eventOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 2/8/2014Every year we come here to celebrate my boyfriends birthday! Always a great time!!!Special Features:
- Decent food with a good menujaminatorDined on 2/8/2014Decent food with a good menu but this location has consitently poor service. If they fix the service they would get a better overall rating. I have been to thi location twice and had bad service both times. This past saturday I went for the second time. Even with a reservation they stuck us in the bar. Really noisy. Took a while to get a waiter. When the food was brought out we had to ask for plates napkins and silverrware. Never broughtbread till we asked for it . Pretty poor for 110 bucks plus tip.
- Excellent RestaurantMikeDined on 2/8/2014We go there on occasion and have recently picked up take out as well. The staff is exceptional, caring, pleasant. The food is always good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great for big groupsrobsDined on 2/7/2014The dining experience is always awesome when I go to Bucca Di Beppo. Since the restaurant is family style eating it is fantastic for large groups. The food is always fantastic and the service has yet to disappoint.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not a date night placeKandLVIPDined on 2/7/2014Probably great for groups and large families because the portions are huge but nothing intimate, romantic or fun about it. It's a bring your own party kind of place.Special Features:
- Giddy at BucasGoldenFlashDined on 2/7/2014We make reservations at Bucas in Southlake whenever my daughter comes to town. Friday was no exception. We invited my cousin and spent a good 3 and a half hours at dinner enjoy our wine, meal, dessert and interacting with the wait staff. The food was great as usual and the atmosphere in the restaurant allows us to unwind and enjoy the experience even more. My wife commented a few days later that for some reason the minute we enter the restaurant we all seem to become a bit giddy even before the wine. Bucas in Southlake is our first choice for dining whenever we want to have a fun family or friends dining experience.Special Features:
- Consistently good food. FamilyMEmeryDined on 2/1/2014Consistently good food. Family style dining. Loud crowd. Great for groups of friends or family dinners.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great TimeOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 1/31/2014Went for my birthday and had a wonderful experience from beginning to end.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- disappointedmomof3Dined on 1/26/2014We have frequently chosen Bucca's as a place to gather for specials occasions. We have loved the food and service has always been good. However, this last time it was different. The complimentary bread brought out was cold, not even room temperature. The salad had very little if any flavor, and this was a big disappointment to us salad lovers. It was as if we were just eating lettuce. The entrees were ok, but the spaghetti needed more sauce. The service was lacking as well. once my glass of wine was gone, I was never offered another. I would have like to have been spaced out more, we were placed in a room of two larger parties and the noice level was high which made an intimate family meal difficult.
- Super FoodDoxie2Dined on 1/13/2014Great time with family for birthday celebration. Food delicious and plenty to share. Atmosphere wonderful & lively. Server was overly busy for our dining preference, prefer timely attention to drinks & bill.Special Features:
- Awesome LasagnacolletsDined on 1/12/2014They had the best lasagna I have ever had in my life and I eat a lot of Italian food. It's a lot of food for the money.Special Features:
- Poor serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 1/10/2014Arrived around 7:30, as we'd made a reservation and we were seated fairly quickly. We ordered our food and then waited at least 30 minutes to receive our food. They did give us bread. Once the food arrived it was delicious and there was a lot of it. After we ate, it took about 30 more minutes to get the check (which I handed her my card immediately) and get it back so I could sign. Finally when the waitress came by, I said to her "I'm waiting on my card so that I can pay." And she said, rather rudely, "He's got it (motioning to the waiter who was behind her- there were TWO servers in our section), just calm down!" It just seemed like the service was slow and comment by the waitress unappreciated.
- More Sauce PleaseBlessed2014Dined on 1/10/2014We ordered a huge amount of food during our visit. Don't get me wrong the food was good, but felt we got cheated on the sauce for the Alfredo and Spaghetti we ordered. The salad that we ordered was the best. We will visit again, and hopefully you might consider opening was south of Arlington.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First time visit. Meet myPortugalDined on 1/6/2014First time visit. Meet my 29 year old daughter there to have dinner with her for her birthday, Used on line reservation system using the place for a note asking if I could discretely order the special occasion cake in advance for our dessert. My daughter likes things low key and would not have ordered dessert. Nothing was delivered - so obviously this information was not shared. She also asked waited if there were any drink specials and he never returned with information, only our water? We did not pursue this any further, we just ate and left. Food good, rest of service, very attentive.Special Features:
- Was good as always. PlentyCarolynDined on 1/4/2014Was good as always. Plenty of food and plenty of fun.Special Features:
- Hide and Seek, but no findOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 12/31/2013The chicken in our pasta dish was MIA. My wife and I ordered chicken and ziti which was abundant with pasta, spinach and sauce but we found only bits of chicken. I know times are tough, but you might consider changing your menu to say "chicken flavored" ziti and spinach if that is the typical amount of chicken one will have in their dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- New Year Eve Dinner DatequeenderpyDined on 12/31/2013I really enjoyed the Italian like atmosphere. It was a great date night that I have ever had. They also take you through the kitchen before you go sit down and eat. A helpful tip is to make a reservation because when we went for New Years Eve it was quite crowded and it was also nice to not have to be turned away. The servicing staff was very funny and friendly. The only downside was the awkward waiter we had. The Fried Mozzarella was not what I expected for traditional mozzarella sticks and they were amazing. The spaghetti marinara was also very divine. I would definitely go back and try more meals off the menu. The head chef came and talked to us. Overall experience was very friendly and try to eat at the kitchen table.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The great food and atmosphereBrendaDined on 12/31/2013The food is real good and I like the small rooms and not loud.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Place to Go and EnjoyKeithDined on 12/29/2013Been here a few times, usually for special occasions of some kind because I have to drive 30 minutes to get here. Ambiance is fun, food is good, service always friendly. It has never disappointed. I have never been without my family, so I do not know how romantic it might be, and I have never utilized the bar. The staff is friendly, and bends over backwards to accommodate any request. Will be back as usual.Special Features:
- Excellent RestaurantpaoniccoDined on 12/27/2013I love Buca!! I was there for the first time 4 years ago, a really special friend of mine, had his good bye party there, it was really nice!! I decided to celebrate my wedding anniversary last year, It was really great, the food is delicious and you can find a home style in each detail of the restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Reservation problemOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 12/25/2013I had reservation for 7 and wasn't seated until after 8 We ordered two different entrees and they tasted the same! I had to ask for bread and never received any thing to dip it in
- Christmas Day Reservation Bummer...TulsatoeDined on 12/25/2013So, one should expect some delays on Christmas day but I don't think any of us would have expected an hour plus with reservations. The real disappointment was in the communications around what was happening vs reality. Most of us wanting to eat out on Christmas day come knowing that the staff is working on that day vs spending time with family. Lots of understanding coming to the restaurant about the sacrifice those who will be serving had made. So let me just list a couple: 1) No phone call made, text, anything about the delay 2) There didn't seem to be a system to make sure folks from the bar weren't taking tables. 3) We were told there weren't tables but when we were seated there were several - I think there just wasn't enough staff.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The waiters were very friendlyOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 12/25/2013The waiters were very friendly and the food was great! The only bad thing was the wait time, we had to wait over an hour for our table even though we had reservations. Restaurant did not plan well for a holiday and upset numerous customers.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Making ReservationsteambDined on 12/25/2013We made reservations and still waited an hour and 15 minutes past our reservation time to be seated. The server was very friendly and full of personality. He made the wait more tolerable once we were finally seated. The hostess was friendly also. Restaurant should have planned better for the date.
- Good but not greatOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 12/25/2013Usually we have excellent experience here but there were several problems that made this visit less than great. First, the electronic reservation system double booked, so instead of my 4:00 pm reservation we were packed like sardines into the waitin area until 5:30. Second, once we were seated we couldn't help but notice the ample seating available, turns out they didn't have silverware. Then, finally, after waiting nearly 45 min for drinks and an hour for food my dinner, eggplant parmesan, was lukewarm to cool. The staff was great about all the problems but it took near rioting crowds for them to stop taking walk-ins and to appease the crowd with free slices of pizza. They should have offered something to compensate for the excessive waitSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable screwed updogsopDined on 12/25/2013Waited over an hour for our table, even with a reservation. The restaurant manager announced to the crowd of very unhappy people who were all waiting that OpenTable had double booked every table in the restaurant. Since it was Christmas day there was no place else to go everyone stayed. Overall a miserable experience.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Probably would not recommendOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 12/25/2013Probably would not recommend going on a holiday like Christmas, long wait, even with reservation but food was good at least what we were able to get, kitchen could not keep up, I think taking reservations and no walk in for holidays would be less frustrating, wait staff excellent, girl trying to seat everyone amazing!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Christmas MealTummyYumDined on 12/25/2013This restaurant was mobbed with people Christmas day but handled our reservation and seated us with only a short delay. There was adequate staff to handle the food orders quickly and our waiter took care of us quite well. The food was excellent. We dine here often and we have always found that the food they prepare at Bucca's is consistently of high quality.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Okay food, slow serviceHateSlowFoodDined on 12/25/2013First of all, I check my family in at 1:00 PM for 1:15 PM Christmas reservation. They lost my place, ended up getting seated at 1:30 PM. The Waiter took forever to get to us so we can order. We starving!!! My kids ended up filling up with bread. We didn't leave lunch until 3:00PM. So, it took 2 hours for us to have spaghetti & meatballs.They were not prepared for the Christmas rush at All! To the point that one of the waiters said, "I've been hearing that a lot," after I said "Finally!"It's unfortunate, but I think they lost a lot of customers that day. Too bleeping slow for a restaurant ... In the restaurant business, quick turnover means more money. Apparently, they didn't get memo and won't be getting our business ever again.Special Features:
- Christmas DaypnksDined on 12/25/2013Had a wonderful Christmas Day lunch. Make reservations.!!!!!I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great for a party of 14NancyBDined on 12/25/2013on Christmas Day, no less. We were there for lunch, and they were very busy. The food and service were all very good. Would highly recommend and may have to make this a holiday tradition.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.