Buca di Beppo - Southlake
2701 East State Highway 114
Southlake, TX 76092Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
Buca di Beppo - Southlake
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.bucadibeppo.com/
- Phone: 8177496262x
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Thursday: 11:00am - 10:00pm, Friday & Saturday: 11:00am - 11:00pm, Sunday: 11:00am - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Italian, Comfort Food
- Executive Chef: Daniel Albarran
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Our full menu is available for Buca To Go and Delivery. If you're hosting a special occasion or group event at your home, office or a local area reception hall, Buca To Go or Buca Delivery is the perfect choice. Our friendly & professional staff will assist you with your order, arrange a specific pick-up time for Buca To Go or deliver your order ($25 delivery fee applies to deliveries). Plates, napkins, eating & serving utensils and condiments are included. No minimum purchase required. Please allow 3 hours for same-day delivery and call for questions/details about our delivery service area.
- Special Events: Whether you’re celebrating a special occasion, planning a business dinner or having a night out with family and friends, Buca di Beppo is your answer to one fabulous group dining experience! Buca serves authentic Italian family-style meals in an eclectic, vintage setting. Our knowledgeable staff will help organize and plan your group event or meetings with diverse lunch or dinner banquet packages - ideal for groups of 20 or more. Private and semi-private rooms are available.
A word from Buca di Beppo - Southlake
Buca di Beppo serves authentic Italian cuisine in an eclectic, vintage setting. Our dishes are served family-style, meant to be shared by everyone at the table. Two sizes are available: BUCA SMALL feeds two or more and BUCA LARGE feeds four or more. At Buca, guests delight in our lively atmosphere, enjoy the classic tunes of Frank Sinatra and Dean Martin and admire our decor, including family photos and candid shots of Italian-American icons, such as Sophia Loren and Joe DiMaggio. Our energetic atmosphere, delicious food and friendly staff make Buca di Beppo the perfect place for great Italian food and fun.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerItalian
- Diners' Choice WinnerKid Friendly
Buca di Beppo - Southlake - Best Restaurants in Southlake ›
Buca di Beppo - Southlake reviews from OpenTable diners
67 reviews since May 1, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
good for groups (56)special occasion (41)kid-friendly (40)fit for foodies (16)great for lunch (13)romantic (10)neighborhood gem (9)hot spot (6)great for brunch (4)late-night find (4)scenic view (4)notable wine list (4)great for outdoor dining (3)vibrant bar scene (3)Show More
- Only gluten free person at tableGFgirl50Dined on 8/23/2014Sad u don't serve GF pasta. Only person at table GF. No one interested in eating a huge plate of lemon chicken that is GF. They wanted the 4 for $40. I had to resort to a salad. Tired if eating salads at nice resturants.Special Features:
- Buca is Fun!ExperiencedFoodieVIPDined on 8/22/2014We went to Buca di Beppo with our grown children and were totally delighted with the entire evening. We sat in the bar and Bethany was being trained by J.P. who was really funny and both of them seemed to really enjoy their jobs. Our food was perfectly spaced, we weren't rushed, and it was all the perfect temperature and absolutely delicious! The garlic toast was very yummy and the portion sizes were more than generous. We will be back as soon as time allows.Special Features:
- Consistently GreatMRunyonDined on 8/17/2014Food is always excellent, serving sizes more than adequate. At various locations we've been to, service was hit or miss. This time was a hit.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- YummyHamicatDined on 8/17/2014My first experience was the one in San Francisco. I've been to Sacramento, Dallas and now South Lake. One of my absolute best restraunts ever! I only wish they had one in Fort Worth Texas.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful Dinner!Texasrollercoaster89Dined on 8/15/2014Our experience was easily one of the greatest dinner experiences ever! We knew the food would be great and it was! But the waiters at our table made it a great evening, they recommended great food choices, sang happy birthday for one of our guests, and even played a cool new game called Snaps with us. It was hands down the best experience at a restaurant we've ever experienced!Special Features:
- Birthday partyZachDined on 8/10/2014Great place for large group birthday. We had 10 people and everything was great. Our waiter Nathan was exceptional.Special Features:
- GmanVIPDined on 8/9/2014Always a fun place for a meal. And plenty of leftovers for the next day.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great TimeOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/4/2014We had an awesome waiter- Todd- who was super sweet to out kids. We were a party of 20 so that was no minor accomplishment! Excellent food and we will be back!Special Features:
- 1st Time Experience: So SoVerySurprisedDined on 8/2/2014Went with another couple. We had Chicken Fettuccine Alfredo. Very dry. Very bland. Although a hearty portion for 2. We ordered the large. Took the rest home. Kid loved it. Other couple had Chicken Parm. There's looked great, tasted greatT They ordered the large & it came with 3 lrg chicken breasts. We all could have eaten from this disk and portions. Service was good. Although, young lady quickly picked her nose while taking our drink orders. I don't think anyone else saw it but me but it was quite disturbing as I thought about this for the rest of my time there. She was very friendly and smiled a lot and served us fine. I think she did it with out even knowing she did it. I would definitely go back to try other dishes. I do recommend it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lisa H.LahodsonDined on 7/26/2014This is a great place to celebrate birthdays or bring the whole family to. So fun!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The best ItalianLinbDined on 7/18/2014I love the food and atmosphere , and customer service . The good is delicious and you always come home with left overs . The customer service is great you get a lot of smiles included also.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food. Good times.Sob123Dined on 7/18/2014Enjoyed everything only thing is that it took a very long time to get food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fun Birthday DinnerWhateverDined on 7/18/2014We had a great dining experience - excellent food and our waiter was fun, entertaining, and very helpful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent Birthday DinnerMrsKebbehDined on 7/12/2014Love the ambience. Kind of expensive but good food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great FoodmackathyDined on 7/11/2014Don't think of Buca just if you have a large family. We split a salad and entree and that works out great for the two of us. Great wine suggestions. Leave room for dessert!Special Features:
- Wonderful TimeMTHMomDined on 7/5/2014We had a party of 5 adults and 2 children, wonderful time was had by all.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very good, but not stellarTurtleDined on 7/3/2014We enjoyed our meal. Most of it was good to very good. For two people, it was a pricey meal compared to other Italian places that have comparable or even better food. It was a date night with my wife. , so I wasn't concerned about the price so much. We were looking for low key & relaxed setting & it fit that bill. There is a chef's table in the kitchen, might be a cool option to request if you plan to visit. With the family style serving, it seems like a much better setting for a group of good friends. I would definitely love to go back with friends or family, but not for two. They had plenty of tables that seat 6 or more, so if you in a group & want Italian, it is a good choice. Service should have been more attentive, but it wasn't bad.Special Features:
- service slowmomof4Dined on 6/25/2014We were there for two hours. It took a long time for our server to take our order, bring the food and no water refill. We had to ask for the water and more bread. It took a lot of the time for the dessert and for the check to arrive. Our kids were getting frustrated because it was taking too long.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- overpriced but good...OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 6/21/2014We enjoyed our meal but I still can't get over how over-priced the food is....I mean, we had a very basic meal for two (ordered a basic salad and shared a half entree...plus four kids who each ate off the kids menu. Also had three glasses of wine and dessert. With a 20% off coupon we still paid over $130 after tip! I mean, $12 a glass for HOUSE chianti?? Half-order entrees costing $20+? (Yes, that's just for a half order...) And then a side of extremely basic, watery noodles and marinara for $10 or whatever?? Ridiculous...food was ok, but overall WAY overpriced. Paid $130+ for an $80 meal...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Casual ItalianJessiAnn11Dined on 6/15/2014This was a mixed experience. Biggest complaint was the disparity in wait times. It seemed a long wait for our drinks, and then another long wait for our food, but then we were rushed with being presented with the check and offers of being "boxed up" when the restaurant wasn't closing anytime soon. The food was so-so but that wasn't a surprise. Go in with a mindset of tolerance and you won't be disappointed.
- Always great!NotafoodieDined on 6/15/2014As usual, the food was fantastic and the service was impeccable. We love the price, especially for the amount of food you get. Went for Father's Day, made reservations online, and even though there was a line we did not have to wait.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- What did you say?WhatonfirstDined on 6/15/2014Noisy with lots of out of control kids screaming all through dinner. Food was fine but the service was poor. I have been to this chain's other resturant in another state and got pretty mush the same service level. I guess that is the theme: chaotic house full of people.Special Features:
- Great day for Father's DayLuvtoeatgreatfoodDined on 6/15/2014The food was great and servers were very good! We enjoyed the baked ziti the best! Also had the chicken Marsala and green beans! Yum!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food deliveryOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/15/2014We loved our waitress but food delivery was lagging. They brought my granddaughters food out way before ours( It was apparent the waitress was upset over that) and by the time we got our food she was done eating. It was a busy day for Fathers day so I guess that is why there was a delay in the kitchen. We had to wait waaaaaaaay too long! We love dining here and love the food but no more holiday dining here for us!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- fathers day failBadServiceDined on 6/15/2014although the food was good, i was very upset that the service was so bad on fathers day. no refills on soda but charged 15.00 for 5 drinks, no plates for appetizer until after we had eaten it and we waited 20 minutes for a side of sauce my husband requested to go with his meal. By the time we go the sauce we had to leave. On top of that we sat at a corner booth table that had a ledge behind it. this ledge is where all the dirty cups, dishes and trash were stacked, inches from my head and my son continually tried to grab these things throughout lunch. But the plus of this ledge was it is also where extra plates nd the oil & vinegar were placed so we helped ourselves since we had no one eles there to help us when we needed something.Special Features:
- Father's DayRoxirealtorDined on 6/14/2014Great Father's Day get together - lots of grandkids and perfect around the popes table! Ps when they say colossal - it is colossal !!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not up to parOsolomiooDined on 6/11/2014I had made the reservation at Bucca's a month ago for a very special get together with our immediate family. We have been to this restaurant dozens of times in the past and food, service and ambiance has been top notch. Very disappointed to report that while the food and ambiance expectations were met the service was terrible. It was not the fault of our waiter, he tried his best. He was simply overwhelmed. The meal started out ok but went downhill quickly as more patrons came in. Despite our waiters best efforts by the time appetizers arrived we were mostly on our own as drinks went unfilled, dirty plates stacked up and the expected tableside checkup didn't happen. Management was not to be seen although the chef came out to ask about food.
- GmanVIPDined on 6/7/2014Always dependable. Always fun. Buca is a good place to go with an appetite. The leftovers are always good the next day.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great, but noisyTxbakeDined on 6/6/2014Enjoyed a nice dinner at Buca - food was good, service was good, but the noise level was way too loud. We were in a small room with a low ceiling and two very large groups (15-20 people each). It was difficult for our table of 5 to talk, it didn't help that they seated us at a larger round table that could seat 8. Overall the food was consistent and we will go back. However, we will ask for a different area to be seated away from large parties.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, terrible decorthe4rojosVIPDined on 5/31/2014The food is wonderful. The chopped salad is the best anywhere and their lasagna is tops. We also love the tiramisu. However, the decor is nasty. There are too many naked or scantily dressed individuals on the wall. I hate this part of the restaurant.Special Features:
- DavidDavidTheFoodManDined on 5/30/2014My wife and I spent our 3-year anniversary here and we really enjoyed it. The waitress did recommend a dish that she said was the "best ever" and I didn't really enjoy it; but that does not say anything about the food, just my taste buds! Everything else we ate was fantastic. It is a very good place to take a family and share a meal. The food is large enough to split two to three ways.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellant food!Terry51Dined on 5/26/2014We had a party of ten, including young children. We sat at the Pope's table and the kids loved the turntable. The food was outstanding and so was our waiter. I will always consider Buca di Beppo for all my special occasions.Special Features:
- Great ServicedmkellerDined on 5/26/2014With 11 people and two babies, service was friendly and efficient. Best waiter ever. Thank you.Special Features:
- Nice for group gatheringsTorikDined on 5/22/2014We dine here quite often for birthday gatherings sporix 12-20 people. Family style ordering keeps the costs down. The foid and service were inconsistent and when mentioned, we did not receive any apologiesSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great for groupsKreviewerDined on 5/17/2014We went for my wife's birthday, and this was the perfect place for our group of twelve. The family style portions let everyone try a variety of foods. The service was fantastic! A drink was never emptied before it was refilled. We tried the baked ziti, manicotti, spaghetti with marinara, chicken parmigiana, and two dishes with shrimp. The marinara didn't bring as much flavor to the spaghetti as if hoped, but every other dish was fantastic.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great FoodTummyYumDined on 5/11/2014Our family loves Buca and goes there often. The food has always been high quality and served cheerfully by well trained wait staff. We really like the interesting photos which cover the walls and always prompt conversation about them. We've been Buca fans since they opened this location and look forward to our next visit with them.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bday/Mother's day gatheringCelebrationDined on 5/11/2014Took our daughter and grandsons on Mother's day to celebrate Mom's day and grandson's bday. It was a hit. So much so that the 14 yr old who is a man of few words told his Mom he DEFINETELY wanted to return. The youngest grandson's eyes almost popped out of his head when a slice of "birthday cake" was quietly set in front of him. (He does not like attention so we nixed the birthday song). Staff made it a special visit and the food was wonderful!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Family FunJMACDined on 5/11/2014This is a great place for multiple-generation family outing. Fun for all with lots of choices to eat. A regular for for Sunday or celebratory lunch or dinners for my family. On this trip, service was a little slow (inexperienced server) and temperature cold. However, we enjoyed the experience and the food was plentiful and excellent as always.Special Features:
- Well Taken Care OfcasualdineracDined on 5/10/2014Went to dinner the night before Mother's Day. Ordered 2 entrees and a salad. It took somewhere around 45 minutes or so for our food to be served, although it didn't feel that long and we hadn't really noticed or commented on it. When our food arrived, the manager followed up and explained that she was sorry it had taken so long for 2 entrees, and that our meal was on the house and to pick out a dessert as well. Very nice gesture on their part. This was my first experience at Buca di Beppo and I don't think it would be a regular place for me, as I think I have had better Italian food at other places, however I will return on occasion because of their hospitality and would recommend others do the same.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- fabulous!jlr0912Dined on 5/7/2014I've been here three times and every time was exceptional! Food, waitstaff, bar....everything about this restaurant is really great!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 332 reviews are from the Buca di Beppo - Southlake reviews archive.