Buca di Beppo - Shrewsbury
7 Boston Turnpike
Shrewsbury, MA 01545Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
Buca di Beppo - Shrewsbury
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.bucadibeppo.com/
- Phone: 5087921737x
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Thursday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday: 4:00pm - 11:00pm, Saturday: 11:00am - 11:00pm, Sunday: 11:00am - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Italian, Comfort Food
- Executive Chef: Mark White
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Delivery, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Whether you"re celebrating a special occasion or group event, Buca di Beppo Delivery or Buca To Go is the perfect choice for great Italian food and fun. From casual parties to corporate luncheons, we offer a delicious selection sure to satisfy everyone. Our friendly and professional staff will assist you with your order, arrange a specific pick-up time for Buca To Go or transport your order ($25 delivery fee applies to deliveries). Tablecloths, plates, napkins, eating and serving utensils and condiments are included. No minimum purchase is required. Please allow 3 hours for same-day delivery.
- Special Events: Whether you’re celebrating a special occasion, planning a business dinner or having a night out with family and friends, Buca di Beppo is your answer to one fabulous group dining experience! Buca serves authentic Italian family-style meals in an eclectic, vintage setting. Our knowledgeable staff will help organize and plan your group event or meetings with diverse lunch or dinner banquet packages - ideal for groups of 20 or more. Private and semi-private rooms are available.
A word from Buca di Beppo - Shrewsbury
Buca di Beppo serves authentic Italian cuisine in an eclectic, vintage setting. Our dishes are served family-style, meant to be shared by everyone at the table. Two sizes are available: BUCA SMALL feeds two or more and BUCA LARGE feeds four or more. At Buca, guests delight in our lively atmosphere, enjoy the classic tunes of Frank Sinatra and Dean Martin and admire our decor, including family photos and candid shots of Italian-American icons, such as Sophia Loren and Joe DiMaggio. Our energetic atmosphere, delicious food and friendly staff make Buca di Beppo the perfect place for great Italian food and fun.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Buca di Beppo - Shrewsbury reviews from OpenTable diners
30 reviews since May 22, 2014
- Ambiance3.8Noise LevelModerate
scenic view (24)good for groups (19)great for outdoor dining (19)kid-friendly (13)special occasion (12)great for lunch (9)neighborhood gem (9)fit for foodies (5)hot spot (5)vibrant bar scene (3)late-night find (1)Show More
- Bad EverythingOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 2/14/2014We had been to other Buca locations and had good experiences. The Shrewsbury location was terrible. The pasta was way over cooked. Completely mushy. I would have sent it back but the waitress didn't return to our table until it was time for the bill. No refills on wine, no checking in to see how things were. Nothing. Plus, it was freezing cold in the restaurant. We did hear the waitress saying to other folks at the bar how busy they were, which is interesting because there were several empty tables (with people waiting I might add). This place clearly does not have there act together. I'll be crossing it off the list for sure.
- Good experienceOutForShowDined on 1/31/2014We went her before going to a show in Worcester. Food was good and portions were plentiful. We were warned by the waitress that we would have food to take home and she was right. We had the chopped antipasto salad, Veal Saltimbocca and Chicken Carbonara - all good. We were there about 6pm on a Friday night and there were not many tables occupied.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First visitvtvisitorDined on 1/25/2014Very good tasting food and plenty of it at a reasonable price. The waitress could not have been more friendly or attentive to our wishes. The family style serving was a plus. The layout of the restaurant provided plenty of room and was great for a group.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food was not great and veryOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 1/17/2014Food was not great and very Expensive. Prime time dining and the place was empty.No atmosphere, needed to wear a jacket while dining because of the freezing cold draft coming from the windows. Won't be back again.
- great gamily dinner at bucahungryT1Dined on 1/4/2014We made a reservation for a group of 15 to celebrate 3 birthdays. The table was ready when we arrived and the waiter introduced himself and started assisting the table immediately. The food was great the portions are perfect for large groups to share, from appetizers, to meals, and of course desert. To top off our dinner experience at Buca, the service was the best part! Our server was attentive, personable, funny and could handle the chaotic large group of kids to adults....he was wonderful! Will go back anytime!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Family friendly, not date nightRonhDined on 12/31/2013Had cheap feel. Food was good, server was friendly.Special Features:
- Enjoyable Christmas Night DinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 12/25/2013To be honest, we found our way to Buca largely because it was one of the few restaurants open on Dec 25. I had driven by it many times, but had never eaten there. There were 6 of us for a family dinner. Nice ambiance, very good food, fair prices, friendly service . . . . not a 5-star restaurant, but that's not what we were looking for. Was very pleased, will be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Three of us dined here ontk22377Dined on 12/25/2013Three of us dined here on Christmas Day and although the food was good, we were all disappointed with the service, portions and cost. The small plates are supposed to serve 2-3 people and there's no way. One adult could easily eat the whole thing. The prices were ridiculous too. Also cannot believe that in order to get bread we would've had to pay for it. What restaurant, especially an Italian one, charges for bread? Would not dine here again or recommend.
- disgruntledvalchrisDined on 12/24/2013Made reservations for 9pm at Bucca Di Beppo on 12-24 and had conformation number sent twice to me to confirm all was set. Got a phone call on the day of the reservation at 4pm informing me that the restaurant was closing at 8pm that evening and would not be able to honor the reservation that was made 3 days prior to the phone call. Now srambling to find a place for me and my guests I finally found and settled on the Cheesecake Factory which gladly took us at almost 9.30 and allowed us to have a nice relaxing and leisurly holiday meal in courses which lasted nearly 2 hours! So now that we know this the Cheesecake Factory has a gaurenteed new group of customers every Christmas Eve at the very least.Special Features:
- Pricey night out with the kidsFamilyNightOutDined on 12/24/2013This was our first time at Buca, so we didn't know what to expect. Dishes are served family style. The portions weren't as large as we expected for the description and the price. Kids meals were fine. Overall, it was less food for more money. It may be a deal if you bring a large group or use coupons, but expensive for a family's night out.Special Features:
- "Scrooge Night Out"JimBDined on 12/14/2013Christmas tradition to take the entire family to a show and then out to dinner. This year, it was Bucca in Shrewsbury and it was bellissmo. Last time we were here, the service was so-so. This time, service was fabulous, unhurried, the server knew exactly what she was doing (I didn't catch her name) and the food was fantastic. An excellent capper to a great night.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Restaurant and Service!mharrimanDined on 11/29/2013The food portions were large and the food was great! Our server, Maria, was really nice and attentive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 80% of our food was mediocreknowgoodfoodDined on 11/28/2013First time Patrons. Did not realize evrything was served family style. Antipasto was a large salad with poor quality salami and tasteless feta (I know good feta). Dressing was good, It should have a variety of meats & good provalone not domestic feta. Veal saltambocca was best part of meal. But 4 little pieces of thin veal was not worth the price. Curious about the half lb meatball the waitress was telling us was a "hot item". It was tasteless. Home made marinara too thick, flavorless & too much paste. Rigatoni wasn't even hot, just luke warm & sauce was thick & not hot. We were very disappointed. We did not expect North end Italian but Buca was worse than Garden. Waitress was nice.Special Features:
- Family funLeenaDined on 11/28/2013It's a great place to go for family fun and dining. The portions of family size so sharing is caring. We had a party of six going for the Thanksgiving day feast and everything was excellent we would definitely go back preferably for a Christmas feast. I actually visit this place often and I do love it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- celebrated Thanksgiving there....DDMSDined on 11/28/2013Very pleased with food, service! We will go again! Special Thanksgiving menu was tasty! And didnt rush us! Perfect!Special Features:
- Wicked Good Food !!!!DaveMDined on 11/16/2013We had the best food ever Saturday Night of course every time we go the food is awesome!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Too coldsoccermomDined on 11/4/2013The restaurant was freezing the night we were there to celebrate my son's 17th birthday. The waitress said the heat was broken but I spent the entire meal with my jacket on. The food was very slow coming from the kitchen and it took about 25 minutes after we ordered for the waitress to realize they were out of lasagna and it would take at least an hour for it to be made. We made anything selection but it was not what we wanted.Special Features:
- Below my expectations..OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 10/31/2013The food was OK.. The service was between fair and poor.. I would understand the service if it was extremely busy, but there were only 3 tables occupied while we were there. I would not recommend this restaurant to anyone.. Have dined at another of their locations and the difference was "night and day". Overall, it was a very disappointing experience.
- Nice but empty on a Friday at lunchNSILMikeVIPDined on 10/18/2013Almost no one there? Food is fine, service is good. Not sure why it was empty.
- Awesome night!Katie310Dined on 10/12/2013Celebrated my sisters 30th birthday there. It was great! Food was awesome, wait staff was great! We can't wait to go back! Don't miss out!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great FoodDaveMDined on 10/11/2013We love to eat here , the food is great, service great and a nice view of lake quinsig. What else can you ask for!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great overall experienceWidowDined on 9/22/2013My waitress was very accommodating and attentive. The food was really delicious. I look forward to returning.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good dining experience.LHETDined on 9/21/2013The food was very tasty with large portions. The waitress recommended an excellent wine. Yipes, I forget which wine it was, possibly house red. The prices were reasonable, especially for the portion size, the service was good, the atmosphere & view were nice - a good dining experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Average food in large portionsJimHDined on 9/21/2013I would gibe this 2.5 stars if I could. The food is average and the portions are large. If you like large portions and are not too picky about food, as in you don't have to go and eat something you could could never eat at home, then you'll like this place. If you are looking for lots of decent food, this is the place for you. Some people mention it is too overpriced for the type of food. But considering you'll get dinner that night and lunch the next day and probably another dinner, it is not really overpriced.
- Crazy priced menumay1987Dined on 9/7/2013Horrible service, Seriously overpriced !! I make better talian food at home.
- Lots of good foodJohnADined on 8/24/2013The portion sizes are very large by design which is great for left overs the next day.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointingOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/23/2013We have been here before and had good service, however this night the service was horrible. We got seated in a booth and given a menu but then no one even acknowledge we were there for 15 minutes. Not even hello I'll be right with you. The restaurant was not busy so it was a mystery why no one came. When we finally did order the kitchen lost the ticket and we waited for almost an hour for our food. No one even offered a complimentary drink or dessert for the inconvenience. Very disappointing. Not sure we'd return.
- We had a wonderful time outLunchladyDined on 8/18/2013We had a wonderful time out celebrating a friends birthday. This was our first time eating at Bucca di Beppo and we will be sure to return. The food was delicious and the waiter was fun and personable!Special Features:
- Over-priced Italian with a few gemsRoskaDined on 8/11/2013I'm not a fan of family-style menus, it does not give people the option to have what they want and the items are very expensive. We went at lunch time to avoid that, but alas, the lunch menu is, for the most part, not available on Sunday. This was not stated on the website, so we were disappointed. The best thing we had (taste and value) was the tiramisu dessert. It was enough for 8 people, and priced at $10.95, that's pretty good. Other things are just over-priced and mediocre. The outdoor seating is nice, inside seems stale.Special Features:
- family servings for two or fourOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/3/2013Each entree and side is served family style, ordered in size/price to serve either two or four. Our party of four shared two entrees-for-two and had leftovers to take home. Since each diner will probably not be ordering an entree for themselves alone, it might take a little more time, coordination, compromise to decide what you want to order for your party. Not a problem, but might surprise you if you are not aware of it going in.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The Hostess and WaitressesOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/3/2013The Hostess and Waitresses were very nice, the food was excellent but we had the sun in our face as there was a missing shade, we tried moving the table but them another person had sun in there face, very uncomfortable in that situation.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not BadMicahDined on 7/29/2013the food was wonderful delicious but it's a bit pricey when there is only a two people dinning, and if you don't want the same thing as the person you are with well you better be prepared for a lot of leftovers and to be broke. My girlfriend and I had their chic. parm. and you have to buy pasta as a side dish (it doesn't come with any order) plus a simple garlic bread and drinks, everything added up to like 40 +tip definitely not going unless its with a bigger group or i just have extra cash just laying around.Special Features:
- Simple Night Out !NancyVIPDined on 7/27/2013On a perfect summer night you cannot beat sitting on the deck overlooking the lake; it's a calming, picturesque scene. The food is pretty good simple italian fair with no frills. We found it to be a very affordable night out.Special Features:
- First TimersFullbellyDined on 7/20/2013Three friends and I traveled 45 minutes to try Buca di Beppo because we heard it was so good, and we weren't disappointed. The food was great and the waitstaff was very nice. We hadn't known the food was served family style, so had a fun time sharing our meals with each other. Would definitely go back again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice outdoor deck and good ItalianRob1764VIPDined on 7/17/2013For a chain restaurant, this was a good meal. The ambiance is great, out on the deck overlooking the lake. We ordered the Buca di Beppo Salad and the Chicken Parmigiana and both were very good and tasty. The salad came with all kinds of goodies. The chicken was crispy on the edges and moist on the inside. It is hard to offer a competitive Italian fare in this area that has so many good authentic Italian restaurants, but this was good for a franchise.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Whole family readyKwazDined on 6/16/2013Service isaggresively friendly. Everyone is very proactive wanting to ensure your stay is not wanting for anything at anytime. The food quality is levels above and beyond Olive Garden. Don't even start to compare the two as they are in different dimensions not just categories. The greatest challenge is to save room for desert which is also a ten.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- not impressednot2impressedDined on 6/15/2013food not worth the price. mussels bianca were soggy, pizza crust undercooked and chewy, chicken limone was dry and lacked the limone flavor. shrimp pasta dish was decent. beautiful view though and had a great time. also - server did not ask if we had been there before and explain that the menu was family style. server made no effort to recommend or upsale items. would recommend if you are looking for a great spot for outdoor dining. next time i will stick to drinks and split a pasta dish with my party.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very bad food and serviceDeepaDined on 6/9/2013We went here to celebrate our anniversary and came back with the worst experience. The y brought out the wrong appetizer to begin with. No apologies from the waitress. Then of the two entrees they got one wrong. We don't eat sausage or beef and they brought a pasta dish with that instead of the chicken pasta dish we ordered. There was a delay in getting the right dish n all were done eating. so in the end I had to pack it as I didn't want to eat all by myself. Whe the waitress said she took the price of the entree off the menu we assumed it he restaurant was compensating for the mistake instead the price of the wrong dish was removed from our bill.duh! As if we have to pay for the wrong dish that we didn't eat.worst experience ever.Special Features:
- Carb Coma Capital01701familydinersDined on 6/1/2013Yum, yum, yum - all dishes are served family style, so there is a lot of food, even in the small size. You definitely want a lot of people so you can try a variety of items. The chicken parm was lovely, as was the chicken stuffed with prosciutto over pesto cream sauce. Don't bother with the fettucine alfredo, sauce tastes like it came from a jar. Go with the spaghetti and meat sauce. We had plenty for two more meals, making Buca a real bargain!Special Features:
- Poor service, messed up orderOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 5/19/2013Our waitress messed up our daughters order. We would have told her about it but somebody else delivered the food and she didn't stop by to check on us.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.