Buca di Beppo - Shrewsbury
7 Boston Turnpike
Shrewsbury, MA 01545Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
Buca di Beppo - Shrewsbury
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.bucadibeppo.com/
- Phone: 5087921737x
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Thursday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday: 4:00pm - 11:00pm, Saturday: 11:00am - 11:00pm, Sunday: 11:00am - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Italian, Comfort Food
- Executive Chef: Mark White
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Delivery, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Whether you"re celebrating a special occasion or group event, Buca di Beppo Delivery or Buca To Go is the perfect choice for great Italian food and fun. From casual parties to corporate luncheons, we offer a delicious selection sure to satisfy everyone. Our friendly and professional staff will assist you with your order, arrange a specific pick-up time for Buca To Go or transport your order ($25 delivery fee applies to deliveries). Tablecloths, plates, napkins, eating and serving utensils and condiments are included. No minimum purchase is required. Please allow 3 hours for same-day delivery.
- Special Events: Whether you’re celebrating a special occasion, planning a business dinner or having a night out with family and friends, Buca di Beppo is your answer to one fabulous group dining experience! Buca serves authentic Italian family-style meals in an eclectic, vintage setting. Our knowledgeable staff will help organize and plan your group event or meetings with diverse lunch or dinner banquet packages - ideal for groups of 20 or more. Private and semi-private rooms are available.
A word from Buca di Beppo - Shrewsbury
Buca di Beppo serves authentic Italian cuisine in an eclectic, vintage setting. Our dishes are served family-style, meant to be shared by everyone at the table. Two sizes are available: BUCA SMALL feeds two or more and BUCA LARGE feeds four or more. At Buca, guests delight in our lively atmosphere, enjoy the classic tunes of Frank Sinatra and Dean Martin and admire our decor, including family photos and candid shots of Italian-American icons, such as Sophia Loren and Joe DiMaggio. Our energetic atmosphere, delicious food and friendly staff make Buca di Beppo the perfect place for great Italian food and fun.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Buca di Beppo - Shrewsbury reviews from OpenTable diners
29 reviews since June 3, 2014
- Ambiance3.9Noise LevelModerate
scenic view (24)good for groups (18)great for outdoor dining (18)kid-friendly (13)special occasion (12)great for lunch (10)neighborhood gem (9)fit for foodies (5)hot spot (5)vibrant bar scene (3)late-night find (1)Show More
- Great diningDaveMDined on 8/13/2014our meal was fantastic we had Apple Gorgonzola salad and penne San Remo. service was great. the prices are reasonable. I recommend Buca for a great dining experienceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great diningDaveMDined on 8/7/2014Fantastic as usual , our meal was superb ! Our spicy chicken rigatoni was hot and flavorful and our apple Gorgonzola salad was great. Service was super . Every time we go to Buca it gets better and better. We love to dine at Buca.Special Features:
- love bucasDaveMDined on 7/30/2014my wife and I are becoming weekly diners at Buca. You cannot beat their food and the value for the price!!!Special Features:
- Excellent! Everything was great. :)AkyannaDined on 7/27/2014First time at Buca and it was phenomenal! The food was tasty and our server was fantastic. I'll definitely come back soon!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Pasta!!DaveMDined on 7/24/2014My wife and I had spicy chicken Rigatoni,out of this world !!! we also had Penne Carbonara , Also fantastic !!! our service was supereb as usual. Our dining experience was great!! I highly recommend Buca for a great meal and great outdoor dining!!Special Features:
- Lots of food!LOVE2DineDined on 7/18/2014More food than expected, but this is a nice restaurant overlooking the lake!Special Features:
- Favorite Spot !DaveMDined on 7/16/2014We love Buca, we always get a great meal and great service. Our favorite is Penne San Remo it is out of this world. Buca also has some of the best coffee brewed this side of the Atlantic or at least this side of Lake Quinsig !Special Features:
- Lots of cheap foodPHATASHVIPDined on 7/12/2014Low quality food but plenty of it will appeal to some but not meSpecial Features:
- Great all aroundTruthHunterDined on 6/27/2014My wife and I made reservations with a water view of Lake Quinnsigamond and were not disappointed. Service was good, weather was perfect, food was delicious and portions (family style for 2) were perfect. Recommended and would come a lot more if we lived closer!Special Features:
- DisappointedMC2014Dined on 6/21/2014This restaurant has a severe problem with staffing. Lots of dirty tables, a staff that doesn't seem to care and management staff that doesnt seem invested in the job. Waited an hour for a 7:10 reservation for 4. No eye contact from staff and they all seem to hate their job. I would highly recommend going elsewhere
- Extremely DisappointingLittleBirdieVIPDined on 6/20/2014Made a reservation for 6 people requesting patio service for a colleague's send off. When we arrived we were told there was no reservation but we could be sat on the patio anyway. Clearly there was a reservation. First round of cocktails was well served. As more of our guests arrived (we ended up with >10 people) the server disappeared and was not attentive. We waited unacceptable times for service. As one of guests attempted to speak with a manager they were told there wasn't one present. When we finally received our appetizers which were good, we were never checked on to see how everything was or if we wanted anything else. Extremely disappointing service. The apps and the patio are not enough to keep us coming back again.Special Features:
- We keep going backDaveMDined on 6/16/2014We keep going back to Bucca it is one of our favorite spots, We had the Penne San Remo tonight. It was cooked to perfection and served nice and hot ,spiced perfectly. We dined outside ,it was a perfect night to sit and enjoy lake quinsig. The highlight at Bucca is the great food!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistant high qualityKwazDined on 6/15/2014Father's Day is typically packed but not this time at 430PM. Same waitress as when we visited on Mother's Day just by chance. She recognized us as well. The food came quickly (~20 minutes) and it was perfectly prepared. The staff works very hard, fast, and focused. Still the best Italian food in the region. If you just go for the desert (portioned for 2) and coffee, it's worth the trip. The deserts alone rival the entrees.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- food good service juat OKOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 6/12/2014The four of us had wanted to sit at the bar for a time to catch up on the "news" before dinner. The outside bar was not in service and the inside bar was right in the dining area. So we took a table instead. The waitress appeared new and unaware of what the bar had to offer. 2 ordered draft beer and 2 ordered wine. She came back - all out of draft beer tonight!!! Then the bottles of coors light had only 2 so when they wanted a second Coors, we got Bud. I ordered a white wine and my wife ordered red. She came back with 2 whites!! Food was OK but pricy for the amount of food. The best part was our visit with our Florida friends. We all agreed our experience in Fort Meyers Buca was much betterSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DirtyOpenTable Diner Since 2004VIPDined on 6/5/2014Ended up walking out when we sat down in a booth next to a ledge coated with dead bugs. I don't think it had been dusted or cleaned in years. Didn't want to stick around to see what the food was like.
- The following 306 reviews are from the Buca di Beppo - Shrewsbury reviews archive.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/20/2014Very good food and service! Chicken parm was one of our favorite dishes of the night! Good was quick to be served and you can tell it was brought out directly from the oven!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- mopellDined on 5/18/2014We enjoyed all of the foods we had, except for the meatballs. We were extremely disappointed in them. About 3-4 years ago we held a function at the restaurant that was in Lexington, MA. One of the reasons we booked there was because my daughter loved their meatballs. Your meatballs were not like theirs. I had presumed that all of the restaurants in the chain used all of the same recipes. They are definitely bland and I am a pretty plain eater. They need something to spice them up and because they are pricey we were greatly disappointed in them. A member of our party had ordered 3 to take home and unfortunately forgot to tell the wait staff that we didn't want them any more so they were stuck paying for food they didn't like.Special Features:
- Poor ServiceNemoDined on 5/17/2014I have had events catered by Buca di Beppo in the past and was very impressed by their food and service but this particular visit left me less than impressed. I understand that this particular time they had a rather busy afternoon but when the service staff was forgetful, slow and inconsiderate my willingness to be sympathetic quickly dissipated. Our food was cold upon arrival. Two of our orders were never received as it took them an hour after we ordered the items to be told that they were out of them.
- Amazing meal!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/17/2014The entire experience was pleasant. Our table was ready when we arrived. Our server was knowledgable about the menu and pleassant. The food was amazing. I would suggest the baked ziti, chicken parmesan, garlic bread and stuffed chicken.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The service was really bad.shortycorreiaDined on 5/11/2014Started giving us the wrong appetizer and I said I had ordered the Seafood Assortment. You were in the middle of having anyway, they came and took it away, giving us what we ordered. They tried to give us the wrong food also, but they found the mistake before was too late. I think that the dessert took too long. I like to have it with my Expresso. Paying the bill was another story. They tried twice before they got it right. Even the Manager could not get it right. I don't know if that was because was a split bill. I don't know any names and really does not matter, but you can improve in this department. I have been in your restaurants in Las Vegas and San Diego every year and I never had any problems.Special Features:
- Mothers Day crushKwazDined on 5/11/2014Staff handled the Mothers Day heavy load very well. I've dined here 2-3 times a year for several years and I think this time the quality of the food was noticeably more intense (in a very good way). More meat where the dish called for meat. More sauce and cheese where that was appropriate. Yet all still balanced with the pasta amount. The amount is the same. as all the other years.Special Features:
- Highly mediocre food...bad servicencampyDined on 5/11/2014I took my mother to lunch where we could watch the other races out on the deck. Juan was our waiter...he was very nice...but the service was incredibly slow. I ordered a beer, they had to tap a new keg, after 20 minutes, I went to find him. Five minutes later, he brought my beer. I ordered my salad without cheese...he served it with cheese. Again, it took 20 minutes to get my salad...just a salad, no cooking involved, back. My mother didn't want to go ahead and eat, but it took so long, her food was getting cold. Juan blamed the bartenders and the kitchen...which I hate. He should have kept checking back with us to assure us he was ON IT. Also, it was not that busy though it was Mother's day when we were there. I won't go back.Special Features:
- AndyVIPDined on 5/10/2014Great restaurant for a hungry group. The food was plentiful and very good, and they even have a gluten free menu.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2004VIPDined on 5/10/2014Unfortunately, the roof started leaking....significantly...during our dinner. Have eaten here before and enjoyed the location on the water and they had music. This time the entertainment was the leak. While our waitress handled everything nicely...would have expected someone managerial to stop by the table. Can't imagine this is ok with health department to have this type of leak where food is served food wasn't up to usual Buca standards eitherSpecial Features:
- sammis birthdayOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 5/9/2014Went there to celebrate a 25th birthday with 7 people. my table was set and my waitress was waiting. I felt like we were the only people there. polite, fast, and friendly people work there.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The Palladino family.PalladinoDined on 4/24/2014We drove two hours from Weare nh to go to your restaurant. The food was amazing and well portioned! This was my first but by no means my last visit! Also Donny our server did and outstanding job!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I love this placeDJ0729Dined on 4/20/2014We have been to Buca di Beppo 4 times. The staff is astounding! My daughter had her wedding reception there about a month ago. The waiters and waitresses who remembered us came over and said hi to us this past weekend. We chose to eat at Buca last Thanksgiving and because of the excellent service and food we went back for Easter. I can't say enough about the excellence of this place. Service is a biggie with me and these guys get a gold star! We will definatly be back!Special Features:
- Don't bother!AndyDined on 4/13/2014Don't be fooled by the "family style" meals. They are expensive and are designed to have you spend a lot of money for mediocre food. The pasta was overcooked, the marinara sauce was tasteless, as were the stuffed mushrooms. It is also a very limited menu. The seats in the restaurant are also very uncomfortable. The staff, however, was excellent. Had we known this was a franchise restaurant we would not have gone. Judging by the small number of diners on a Sunday afternoon, we should have known it would be a disappointment. If you want good Italian food in Worcester, go to Dino's.
- great dining experienceDaveMDined on 3/29/2014We had a great time ,our food was supereb , The Penne San Remo was delicious and our waitstaff was awesome . She was pleasant and very attentive. We were not rushed at all but our food was served just when we wanted it. We had a great meal !!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good vegetarian optionssunriseDined on 3/28/2014Our waitress was very helpful after we asked if the vegetable lasagna was vegetarian and assured us the Alfredo sauce was not made with chicken stock. She offered us the vegetarian menu and then made sure that she put a note on every item in our order that it should be vegetarian. The vegetable lasagna and veggie pizza were good. The cannolis were very good - nice crispy shells and the filling was creamy, not cream cheesy. We had two small entrees, an appetizer, and a dessert for two adults and a teenage boy. This was enough food and we had some leftovers to take home. The price (around $65) was reasonable. As it was fairly empty that day, it wasn't too noisy and we had a booth by the windows, which was nice. A pleasant experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- empty due to constructionfechVIPDined on 3/26/2014the place was empty due to construction. the restaurant offers very big portions at big prices. I would rather have my own meal instead of one that feeds two. How can a person go to lunch by himself at those prices and quantity of food. Salad should not cost that much money. The food was mediocre and the sauce too sweet. Unfortunately, I won't be going back any time soon.
- Great ServiceDupesDined on 3/20/2014I wanted to take my employees out as a thank you for all the hard work they have done. The atmosphere was perfect as well as the service we received. All of the food we ordered was delicious!Special Features:
- I went to Buca di Beppo inbound4tuscanyDined on 3/16/2014I went to Buca di Beppo in DC (it was near my hotel) and we liked it so much we went three times during the week we were in DC. When I discovered there was one only 30 miles from my house, I went with family and friends a few times. The food is great, the service was excellent, but it is the atmosphere which makes it stand out. If you're Italian or always wanted to be, this is like going to Nonna's house on Sunday. The idea of ordering just a few dishes to share with the group enhances the whole dining experience. And when they say the large order serves four, they mean four people like Uncle Frankie and Uncle Joe, who know how to eat! Very generous portions and quality food in a relaxing, family-friendly atmosphere.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The chopped antipasto saladOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 3/15/2014The chopped antipasto salad was terrific. I would come back just for that. All the food was good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointedFeldDined on 3/9/2014I had never been to this restaurant since we are new to the area. It looks interesting from the outside so we decided to take my mother out to dinner at Buca. To start, there is a very small beer selection. None of the beer taps were working. We had ordered a bottled beer and apparently received the last 2 as they ran out of that beer. Waitress was very inattentive. Waited for very long periods of time before we saw her to ask for another round of drinks etc. Food took quite awhile to come out and it was sub par at best. Very disappointed in this restaurant altogether. Will not be going back.
- Great FoodSteveMcDined on 2/28/2014Food as always is awesome! Family style and large portions with leftovers. It can be pricey but well worth it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good casual placeGK08Dined on 2/21/2014Tried it for the first time. Good family style place, comfortable, easy going. Food was good, wait staff very friendly and helpful.Special Features:
- Great FoodSqueakyDined on 2/21/2014They have great food. Most of the servers worked real hard. But there are a few that are very poor. Our bad luck was one that we had that was not very good.Special Features:
- Ruined Valentine's DayFrequentDinerDined on 2/14/2014The worst dining experience ever. When we arrived for our reservation the hostess informed us that they were overbooked. When we were finally seated about 40 min later we were not assigned a waitress. We literally had to ask someone if they would please take our order. We ordered a salad to share that included meats, and vegetables, but we got a Ceasar salad. We received several apologies that our entrée was delayed, but at 60 min we told the server that we would be leaving if the food didn't come soon. She checked on it and then came back to tell us that the kitchen never got our order and it would be at least another 40 minutes. Absolutely unacceptable, and NO effort to do ANY service recovery. Poorly managed on a very busy night.
- ServiceMT14Dined on 2/14/2014My husband booked this for our Valentines day dinner. While the environment was nice, the service was terribly slow. We waited 20 min for drinks almost an hour for appetizers and felt rushed to leave after we ate because it took nearly 2 hours in total. Every waiter in ear shot of our table including ours apologized numerous times for the slow service blaming it on the kitchen and computers. We ordered coffee which the waiter told us the machine was broken and ordered a cannoli which never came. After waiting a half hour for it we decided to leave without dessert. It was nice to be out with my husband on this special occasion but very slow and disappointing.