Buca di Beppo - Seattle
701 9th Avenue North
Seattle, WA 98109Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
Buca di Beppo - Seattle
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.bucadibeppo.com/
- Phone: 2062442288x
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Thursday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday: 4:00pm - 11:00pm, Saturday: 11:00am - 11:00pm, Sunday: 11:00am - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Italian, Comfort Food
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Takeout, Wine
- Catering: Our full menu is available for Buca To Go and Delivery. If you're hosting a special occasion or group event at your home, office or a local area reception hall, Buca To Go or Buca Delivery is the perfect choice. Our friendly & professional staff will assist you with your order, arrange a specific pick-up time for Buca To Go or deliver your order ($25 delivery fee applies to deliveries). Plates, napkins, eating & serving utensils and condiments are included. No minimum purchase required. Please allow 3 hours for same-day delivery and call for questions/details about our delivery service area.
- Special Events: Whether you’re celebrating a special occasion, planning a business dinner or having a night out with family and friends, Buca di Beppo is your answer to one fabulous group dining experience! Buca serves authentic Italian family-style meals in an eclectic, vintage setting. Our knowledgeable staff will help organize and plan your group event or meetings with diverse lunch or dinner banquet packages - ideal for groups of 20 or more. Private and semi-private rooms are available.
A word from Buca di Beppo - Seattle
Buca di Beppo serves authentic Italian cuisine in an eclectic, vintage setting. Our dishes are served family-style, meant to be shared by everyone at the table. Two sizes are available: BUCA SMALL feeds two or more and BUCA LARGE feeds four or more. At Buca, guests delight in our lively atmosphere, enjoy the classic tunes of Frank Sinatra and Dean Martin and admire our decor, including family photos and candid shots of Italian-American icons, such as Sophia Loren and Joe DiMaggio. Our energetic atmosphere, delicious food and friendly staff make Buca di Beppo the perfect place for great Italian food and fun.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerKid Friendly
Buca di Beppo - Seattle - Best Restaurants in Downtown ›
Buca di Beppo - Seattle reviews from OpenTable diners
72 reviews since May 26, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelModerate
good for groups (61)special occasion (39)kid-friendly (36)fit for foodies (17)neighborhood gem (12)great for lunch (11)romantic (10)great for brunch (6)hot spot (6)late-night find (3)great for outdoor dining (3)vibrant bar scene (3)notable wine list (2)scenic view (1)Show More
- Friendly but too expensive!!OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 9/20/2014The service was great but our party of 12 was squeezed along the wall on a long table. I had expected a round table (as in the Pope Room). Also, the meal was way too expensive for the food quality and quantity we got. It was for a special occasion(65th birthday) so it was ok I guess but we will not go back .Special Features:
- Always a treatOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/20/2014I find the food here to always be tasty, rewarding and worth the investment. The Lemondrop Martini's are to die for!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Our family loves Beppos! But....OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/19/2014The chicken pesto dish was dry and unflavorful. The meatball/spag was delicious as always, as was the tiramisu! They used to serve wonderful bread with dinner but it wasn't special anymore. I miss that bread.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Our favorite, wherever we travel!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/18/2014Whether it's 2 or 12, we always have a wonderful time shared at Bucca. Great menu and quality. Proms to casual attire are always welcome. Make sure to try the Chicken Carbonara!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good Italian food!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/18/2014This was our first visit to Buca after a recommendation from a co-worker. The food was good, the waiter was attentive, and it was a fun experience. We were visiting Seattle to take one of our kids to UW to start grad school, and we celebrated our last evening there with a meal at Buca.Special Features:
- Food was extremely disappointing.FoodiewithkidsDined on 9/14/2014Years ago, this place was great. The garlic bread and the spaghetti and meatballs is still "okay" but just about everything else on the menu is somewhere between mediocre and gross. Not sure what they're thinking with the salty Italian dressing used on the Apple Gorgonzola salad. Stay away from that altogether. Had stuffed mushrooms that were cold inside (for $16.99!) We were the first group of the dinner rush on a Sunday. We were practically the only people in the restaurant when we arrived so the food should've been cooked properly at the very least. Makes me sad because the place is fun. The waitresses were sweet and I remember years ago when the food was pretty damn good too...but I won't be returning.Special Features:
- DMarieKDined on 9/14/2014Nice yummy food-Big portions and I wish we could have smaller portions for 2 people so we can try more items per visit without the huge bill at the end.We will go back but with more people so we can taste more items and all can split the bill.Special Features:
- Reunion in SeattleOpenTable Diner Since 2004Dined on 9/7/2014Buca di Beppo in Seattle was a great location for our group of six. Good food, good wine and a chance for great conversation. Wait staff was attentive but did interrupt a few times. Other than that, everything was fine. I would go there again.Special Features:
- Post 5K refueling mealPuyallupsupperclubDined on 9/7/2014We selected Buca di Beppo for our large group (including 3 children under age 6) to have lunch after running a 5K race. Our waiter was very friendly and attentive and seated us at a table appropriate for our party size. He took pictures for us and made sure the children had crayons and drinks in kid cups. The food was excellent and came out at a good pace. We had the mozzarella garlic bread, spaghetti with meatballs, baked ziti and one of the chicken entrees. We also shared the enormous brownie sundae and Italian wedding cake. Everything was fabulous! We would definitely recommend this restaurant!Special Features:
- Great for birthdaysliveloveeatDined on 8/31/2014I think every table in our room celebrated a birthday, which made it fun. Our waitress was amazing! The restaurant was filled to capacity yet she handled everything with grace.Special Features:
- A Good Value and Fun for FamilySeahawkSuperbowlDined on 8/29/2014We like going as a family or better yet a large group to Buca. The portions are generous (which is good considering pricing) and while it isn't about delicate sauces, the food is good and well presented family style. The $40 for four people is a great deal overall, you get a monster size salad, lots of garlic bread, and a healthy size main course. That will easily feed 4 and probably 6. We taken in an extra main dish to add variety (which is why multi-family party is great here) and a few beverages and had plenty to bring home. The staff is friendly, service is reasonably paced.Special Features:
- Awseome serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/22/2014I think the girls' name was Lorraine on August 22nd at around 645. Her service was awesome! She checked on us to see if we needed so many times, I lost count! We didn't have time to wan t for anything because she was always there to immediately get what ever we needed. The food was also great and we had a lot to take home. We used to go often to the Hawaii (Waikiki) location but we will frequent this establishment more often although we live over on the Kitsap Pennisula. Bravo for providing a place for me to celebrate my birthday! We definitely will return for more celebrations!Special Features:
- Clean and Kitschy in a good way!LaseDined on 8/22/2014Service was friendly and excellent in the Landmark South Lake Union Restaurant. The food is always Okay and the ambience is always a kick. This is a good family restaurant, or adult birthday dinner place for larger groups. Portions are family style and Buca's ideas of a portion are generous beyond most expectations. The food may not really be better than what you can make at home, but it isn't worse, and it is pretty fun and inexpensive... also it's not at home!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- My BirthdayOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/20/2014It was nice overall, but the service was slow. The food was delicious, the server kind, but it tool 30 mins to have our food at the the table, and that is too long.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SurprisedDined on 8/19/2014I've been to other Buca's and their food was far superior. Food at this Buca's is pretty mediocre.
- perfect birthdayyumfoodieDined on 8/15/2014Amazing food, great atmosphere...never disappointed no matter what state we are in!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Service and Good FoodFSHandSKHDined on 8/15/2014Arrived with a group of 7 - including 3 small children. And these tired children were not a fun bunch b/c of late dinner (later than their usual time). I alerted the server that I'd appreciate prompt service for the same reason. She was on it - took our order, got us whatever we asked for, and brought our food promptly. I was very impressed and pleased! And she did it all with a winning smile. And food was pretty decent. Haven't been here in a decade and didn't expect all that much. We ordered: (Spicy) Chicken Rigatoni, Marghertia Pizza, Mixed Salad, and Chicken Marsala. We enjoyed them all. I wasn't crazy about Marsala but my hubby didn't seem to mind. Will return in the future.Special Features:
- 8/9/14GlennDined on 8/9/2014Large party; great food; outstanding service. We all loved it and would come back again and again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- over cookedpastaqueen9908Dined on 8/9/2014We ordered the spaghetti and meatballs. The sauce was watery and the meatballs were so dense we could have played hockey with them.I prefer my pasta al dente, but this pasta was almost mush.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Noisy but just like Italy!DLFADined on 8/6/2014We just returned from a month in northern Italy and it was great to hit Buca de Beppo's in Seattle for a bit of "home"! The food was good, a bit too much oregano for my liking - but very much like the "home cooking" in Italy. This place is NOISY but so is the family in Spresiano so we felt like we were still in the Veneto. Highly recommend for a crowded, family style place to eat! You won't get high cuisine but that's not why you go to Buca's!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- painfulChefStephanDined on 8/1/2014We Found the service chaotic . the food poorly executed and the noise level intolerable. Loudest most painful meal I have had endured an many years. Never again!!Special Features:
- Anniversary Dinner with FriendsOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 7/5/2014My wife and MIL have been trying to get me to come here for years which now I understand. My MIL was not happy we went without her - I'm going to deal with that a long time:-) The food was fabulous, the wait staff was pleasant and funny (our waitress photo-bombed our pic) and service was quick. The family style idea is great as well. We plan on taking our kids as we felt the kids would love the atmosphere and the Bucca De Beppo B-day song.Special Features:
- Mngm't did poor job,under staffed!woodyDined on 7/4/2014lack of enough staff made for unpleasent visit,30 minutes to get a drink in bar,30 minutes late to seat,salad sent to table wrong,food was freash and flavorful once it was corrected,veil dish was very good.Special Features:
- Great restaurantAkboyd77Dined on 7/4/2014The food was AMAZING. It was my first time using open table to make a reservation. Our res was at 8:15. We didn't get sat until 9:10. That was frustrating because as we were sat there were numerous open tables. Service was good, but I saw that people who had ordered after us were served before us. And we had to ask for more drinks. The ambience is fun and loud. Great for big parties. The food is worth the wait. But I only dine here twice a year as I don't like the wait or the service. I guess take-out would be the best option for me from now on.Special Features:
- Went for birthday dinnerMelissaDined on 6/27/2014The waitress was very kind and respectable. It wasn't too loud where we were sitting and everyone loved the meals we got. Was a great experience overallSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Authentic Italian ResturantBuckDined on 6/27/2014Best Italian food in the northwest, very open and lively atmosphere and all the photos and trinkets on the walls throughout the whole restaurant, even in the bathroom. Friendly and knowledgeable hostesses. You can walk up but best if you have reservations. This was my second visit to the Buca di Beppo in Seattle. The first time we didn't have reservations and had to wait awhile, so we decided to take a seat in the bar until our table was ready. It took sometime in the bar to even get a seat so we learned to make a reservation well in advance as we have about six to twelve people each time we go. There's also a Buca di Beppo up north in Lynnwood we like going there also. I think it's time the southend get's a Buca di Beppo.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great funLizzyDined on 6/26/2014This place is wonderful for celebrating birthdays and special occasions. I highly recommend the Pope Table.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Big portions!MucasDined on 6/20/2014The food was good and the quantity was huge! This is an OK restaurant, nothing to pretentious, prices are good and service was very friendly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Meh.OpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 6/20/2014In principle it's a good place for groups as everything is served family style. The food is basically Italian style food I could easily make at home. The night that we were there, they seemed to be understaffed, which was odd for a Friday night, especially given that there was a marathon starting the next morning within a few blocks (lots of folks carbo-loading before the race). Everything took forever.Special Features:
- Not what I was expectingCarbLoverDined on 6/20/2014Planned on eating at Buca's the night before the Seattle R & R marathon to have a relaxing meal with my running partners and load up on carbs for the run in the process. The service was extremly slow. First course came quickly than our server seemed to forget about us. She eventually took the rest of our order but by the time the pasta came it was luke warm and when I mentioned that we never received our salad course, she said oh well she would just serve it after the pasta. I have eaten here numerous times in the past and have never been disappointed however after this experince I am not sure I will try it again.Special Features:
- Not as good as Buca in LynnwoodTastyVittlesDined on 6/19/2014Long wait for a table, slow service during the meal, and the chicken parmigiano was soft and floppy not crisp and firm. We've had better service and better quality food at the Buca in Lynnwood, and are willing to make the longer drive in the future.
- Buca BucaOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/19/2014Good Italian "home-cooking" style. Their "gluten-free" menu includes most of their regular menu items. Very family friendly, and an overall fun experience.Special Features:
- Quantity over qualityTwoguysVIPDined on 6/16/2014You come here for one reason: Decent quality Italian food in LARGE quantities. Tables are close together, the décor is funky and basic. If you are into it, they also have a Pope Table. Service was friendly and efficient. The Apple Gorgonzola salad, the Chicken Saltimbucca were very good. The baked ziti and the shrimp fra diavolo were both HUGE, but very heavy, the ziti sauce disappointingly bland and sticky. The Diavolo was spicy, but few shrimp to be found. And the Carbonara was more like a cheesy alfredo. Good, but not what was expected. Cocktails were watery, stick with wine and beer. Great place to feed large parties, a real value, but for small groups order carefully or you will be dragging home TONS of expensive leftovers.Special Features:
- People were outstanding!RiffleDined on 6/15/2014Tracy and Joe were absolutely outstanding! We've been in 30 Bucas, and this one in Seattle is still the best! With the hundreds of places to dine in here in tho city, we're going back tomorrow night. We're tourists to everywhere in our old age and we especially love coming to Seattle because of Bucas! Thanks!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BeppoluvtodineDined on 6/14/2014Only negative was we were seated almost 20 minutes late past our reservation time.Special Features:
- Not worth itLacamasDined on 6/14/2014Place was not prepared to be slammed by graduation celebrations. Or they were expecting it but just couldn't handle it. Had reservations, seated 40 minutes after. Service staff seemed adequate but maybe kitchen and bar were not. Calamari was greasy and tasteless. It was a heavy hand that added the chili flakes in the fra diavolo. Took 20 minutes for the beer to arrive and were told the bar was really busy. Nobody else could pull the tap? Cheesecake was dry and too dense. Chocolate molten cake was a little moist in center but did not ooze. Double espresso was served in a mug...15 minutes before dessert. Server asked what we were there to celebrate (our graduate was in her gown) but there was no special "treat" for her anyway...so why ask.
- One of the better BuccasDCelle2014Dined on 6/13/2014We've eaten at several different Buccas in Northern California, Southern California and Florida over the past several years and this was our first in Seattle. We were a little hesitant to make our reservations as our last experience at Bucca in Fort Myers, FL wasn't the greatest. But it was our daughter's high school graduation and we needed to accommodate several people from out of state and many with Italian heritage. We were not disappointed. Everyone had a wonderful time. The food was exceptional as was the service. It is this kind of an evening that leaves one with the fondest I memories and keeps patrons coming back. Thank you for a most wonderful evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- pretty good for prom.sosocookieDined on 6/7/2014For make a reservation on the day of prom, buca di beppo saved my life. My gf loves Italian food and this restaurant was simply amazing. I would recommend this to anyone.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food to share with groupactionDined on 5/29/2014Love the ambience when celebrating something fun in a group.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 579 reviews are from the Buca di Beppo - Seattle reviews archive.
- Great for groupseatlerDined on 5/29/2014The food is good, and so abundant it should be shared with everyone you know.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.