Buca di Beppo - Seattle
701 9th Avenue North
Seattle, WA 98109Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
Buca di Beppo - Seattle
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.bucadibeppo.com/
- Phone: 2062442288x
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Thursday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday: 4:00pm - 11:00pm, Saturday: 11:00am - 11:00pm, Sunday: 11:00am - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Italian, Comfort Food
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Takeout, Wine
- Catering: Our full menu is available for Buca To Go and Delivery. If you're hosting a special occasion or group event at your home, office or a local area reception hall, Buca To Go or Buca Delivery is the perfect choice. Our friendly & professional staff will assist you with your order, arrange a specific pick-up time for Buca To Go or deliver your order ($25 delivery fee applies to deliveries). Plates, napkins, eating & serving utensils and condiments are included. No minimum purchase required. Please allow 3 hours for same-day delivery and call for questions/details about our delivery service area.
- Special Events: Whether you’re celebrating a special occasion, planning a business dinner or having a night out with family and friends, Buca di Beppo is your answer to one fabulous group dining experience! Buca serves authentic Italian family-style meals in an eclectic, vintage setting. Our knowledgeable staff will help organize and plan your group event or meetings with diverse lunch or dinner banquet packages - ideal for groups of 20 or more. Private and semi-private rooms are available.
A word from Buca di Beppo - Seattle
Buca di Beppo serves authentic Italian cuisine in an eclectic, vintage setting. Our dishes are served family-style, meant to be shared by everyone at the table. Two sizes are available: BUCA SMALL feeds two or more and BUCA LARGE feeds four or more. At Buca, guests delight in our lively atmosphere, enjoy the classic tunes of Frank Sinatra and Dean Martin and admire our decor, including family photos and candid shots of Italian-American icons, such as Sophia Loren and Joe DiMaggio. Our energetic atmosphere, delicious food and friendly staff make Buca di Beppo the perfect place for great Italian food and fun.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerKid Friendly
Buca di Beppo - Seattle - Best Restaurants in Downtown ›
Buca di Beppo - Seattle reviews from OpenTable diners
76 reviews since June 23, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
good for groups (67)special occasion (46)kid-friendly (41)fit for foodies (24)great for lunch (13)romantic (12)neighborhood gem (12)hot spot (6)great for brunch (4)vibrant bar scene (4)late-night find (3)notable wine list (3)great for outdoor dining (2)scenic view (1)Show More
- Fun and tastydolphin48Dined on 10/18/2014Always a good place to celebrate with a large group because there are big platters of pasta to share, pizza and salad and the food is excellent. A fun and family friendly place!Special Features:
- Too NoisyOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/18/2014It was homecoming night - the place was packed and we had to practically climb over someone to get to our table. Very difficult to carry on a conversation. Not a place to catch up with old friends but the food and service were good. Will probably give it a second chance.
- Lotsa pastaSamba4lifeDined on 10/17/2014The place is huge but also intimate parts and much to look at. The food was good, the service was better.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good Standard Fare for FamiliessmdiablaDined on 10/11/2014I love Beppo for family gatherings...we've been coming to this location since my oldest son's 1st birthday and he's 18 now; that's how long Beppo's been a part of our family. While the food is rather standard, it is consistent. My family all finds something to enjoy. We were sorry to see them cut gnocchi, but happy we still get the meatballs, eggplant parm, and calamari. Prices have steadily gone up over the years - it's not quite the deal it was "back in the day" - but it's still a reasonable price for reliable service, food that satisfies everyone, nice service and a full bar to boot.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/11/2014Really enjoyed our dinner, good service. Our party would have appreciated some kind if gluten free pasta but it was nice that other gluten free options were available.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistency and courtesyKathyVIPDined on 10/11/2014We always love Buca di Beppo. It is and has been a wonderful destination in Seattle. The staff are fantastic, the food spectacular - try the lemon chicken and you will see heaven. The pasta and meat sauce and meatballs wonderful. Love the house salad. Love being able to be served family style for a large family group.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Husband's Surprise Birthday DinnerCherryReviewDined on 10/10/2014I was very pleased with our dining experience this last Friday night. The food was great and our waitress had great energy and was amazingly helpful!Special Features:
- Remember foreverJacktasticDined on 10/4/2014It was so much fun. Loved the energy of the staff and the way they wish people happy birthday. Food was so yummy and the tiramisu was the best! Thank you so much for making it so memorable!:) my whole family had a great time and it had been a long time since we all got to hangout. Great reunion place:)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Little DisappointingJustMeDined on 10/3/2014The small calamari was overpriced, in my opinion, and it was lacking any flavor. The meatballs were good, but the marinara was bland. The best thing about the meal was the garlic cheese bread. For what we received with our $90 bill (before tip), it wasn't worth it and we won't be rushing back.Special Features:
- so nicetatiDined on 10/3/2014The service is The best, good ambiance, food is yummy. Perfecto for any ocassion.Special Features:
- Best Limoncello Martinis!LuvItalian88Dined on 10/3/2014Coming to Buca di Beppo in Seattle is a tradition for us now, they serve the best Lemondrop Martinis in the world. The food is always superb and wonderful and it is just fun to go there. Great ambience, you can be loud and fun, have a good time and enjoy everything. Brooke is the best waitress and we simply love her! We'll always come back.....for Brooke, the pasta and the Martinis!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- WaiterServiceDined on 10/3/2014Our waiters name was Erik and he was FANTASTIC! Spot on service.Special Features:
- Always a favoritedfeltenDined on 9/27/2014As a person who has visited numerous Buca di Beppo's in the USA and had the opportunity to have lived in Italy for several years, I can state without reservation that the Seattle Buca di Beppo is one of the better Italian restaurants in this city. Great food, friendly and courteous staff, and a wonderful ambiance all lend themselves to a wonderful dining experience. The portions are generous (the concept is "family dining") and delicious, and although the wine list is not extensive, it does provide an ample samping of variety. A great place to take the family or meet friends after work.Special Features:
- Feedback based on the group...yourstruelyDined on 9/27/2014The feedback I received from each members from our party is that the food was cold, cocktail refills were not offered, drink orders had to be repeatedly corrected, and the service was not on par per previous visits. My wife and I are pretty laid back and since this group had been here before they knew what to expect. Bucca di Beppo fix those inconsistencies and people will continue to come back. Next time I visit I hope to have a better time. No hard feelings here.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- bday dinnerspiffDined on 9/26/2014Went her for my daughters birthday dinner with a large group. We were seated right away. Have some good servers, good Was great, and it was great with a lots of kids and their noise !Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sad CalamariOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/26/2014We decided we would go to Beppo's to celebrate our daughter's 13th Birthday. She invited two friends to join her. We were looking forward to a fun celebration and we were especially looking forward to having the yummy calamari - it had been way too long!!! Once the calamari arrived, it was so disappointing. For $20 it was a small portion! And then once we starting eating it, it became more of a disappointment. It wasn't as crispy and the sauce was light and runny. We missed the day of a platter piled high of calamari - after all, it is family style! We remembered the sauce being much more thick and FULL of flavor. Now it seems as though they opened a can of crushed tomatoes and added a pinch of oregano. What a let down.Special Features:
- Friendly but too expensive!!UnimpressedDined on 9/20/2014The service was great but our party of 12 was squeezed along the wall on a long table. I had expected a round table (as in the Pope Room). Also, the meal was way too expensive for the food quality and quantity we got. It was for a special occasion(65th birthday) so it was ok I guess but we will not go back .Special Features:
- Always a treatLuvItalian88Dined on 9/20/2014I find the food here to always be tasty, rewarding and worth the investment. The Lemondrop Martini's are to die for!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Our family loves Beppos! But....CarolJDined on 9/19/2014The chicken pesto dish was dry and unflavorful. The meatball/spag was delicious as always, as was the tiramisu! They used to serve wonderful bread with dinner but it wasn't special anymore. I miss that bread.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Our favorite, wherever we travel!TrishDined on 9/18/2014Whether it's 2 or 12, we always have a wonderful time shared at Bucca. Great menu and quality. Proms to casual attire are always welcome. Make sure to try the Chicken Carbonara!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Manager corrected a bad Buca night.ServiceMattersDined on 9/18/2014We eat at Buca's every time we're in town. On this visit we had been so busy that we hadn't eaten all day. So large servings of Italian comfort food were what we wanted. We got the yummiest caprese salad and cheese bread very quickly, but then waited a long time until the manager appeared with our spicy shells pasta. He apologetically told us that our prosciutto chicken had been dropped and they were remaking it. He comped us our entrées for the inconven. When it finally arrived we ordered our dessert. We finished our perfect chicken, with no dessert in site. Finally our enormous brownie sundae arrived. Unfortunately the ice cream tasted like cheap ice milk from the back of Grannies freezer with ice crystals/cubes. The Mgr corrected it. :)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good Italian food!clintm6Dined on 9/18/2014This was our first visit to Buca after a recommendation from a co-worker. The food was good, the waiter was attentive, and it was a fun experience. We were visiting Seattle to take one of our kids to UW to start grad school, and we celebrated our last evening there with a meal at Buca.Special Features:
- Food was extremely disappointing.FoodiewithkidsDined on 9/14/2014Years ago, this place was great. The garlic bread and the spaghetti and meatballs is still "okay" but just about everything else on the menu is somewhere between mediocre and gross. Not sure what they're thinking with the salty Italian dressing used on the Apple Gorgonzola salad. Stay away from that altogether. Had stuffed mushrooms that were cold inside (for $16.99!) We were the first group of the dinner rush on a Sunday. We were practically the only people in the restaurant when we arrived so the food should've been cooked properly at the very least. Makes me sad because the place is fun. The waitresses were sweet and I remember years ago when the food was pretty damn good too...but I won't be returning.Special Features:
- DMarieKDined on 9/14/2014Nice yummy food-Big portions and I wish we could have smaller portions for 2 people so we can try more items per visit without the huge bill at the end.We will go back but with more people so we can taste more items and all can split the bill.Special Features:
- Reunion in SeattleOpenTable Diner Since 2004Dined on 9/7/2014Buca di Beppo in Seattle was a great location for our group of six. Good food, good wine and a chance for great conversation. Wait staff was attentive but did interrupt a few times. Other than that, everything was fine. I would go there again.Special Features:
- Post 5K refueling mealPuyallupsupperclubDined on 9/7/2014We selected Buca di Beppo for our large group (including 3 children under age 6) to have lunch after running a 5K race. Our waiter was very friendly and attentive and seated us at a table appropriate for our party size. He took pictures for us and made sure the children had crayons and drinks in kid cups. The food was excellent and came out at a good pace. We had the mozzarella garlic bread, spaghetti with meatballs, baked ziti and one of the chicken entrees. We also shared the enormous brownie sundae and Italian wedding cake. Everything was fabulous! We would definitely recommend this restaurant!Special Features:
- Great for birthdaysliveloveeatDined on 8/31/2014I think every table in our room celebrated a birthday, which made it fun. Our waitress was amazing! The restaurant was filled to capacity yet she handled everything with grace.Special Features:
- A Good Value and Fun for FamilySeahawkSuperbowlDined on 8/29/2014We like going as a family or better yet a large group to Buca. The portions are generous (which is good considering pricing) and while it isn't about delicate sauces, the food is good and well presented family style. The $40 for four people is a great deal overall, you get a monster size salad, lots of garlic bread, and a healthy size main course. That will easily feed 4 and probably 6. We taken in an extra main dish to add variety (which is why multi-family party is great here) and a few beverages and had plenty to bring home. The staff is friendly, service is reasonably paced.Special Features:
- Awseome serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/22/2014I think the girls' name was Lorraine on August 22nd at around 645. Her service was awesome! She checked on us to see if we needed so many times, I lost count! We didn't have time to wan t for anything because she was always there to immediately get what ever we needed. The food was also great and we had a lot to take home. We used to go often to the Hawaii (Waikiki) location but we will frequent this establishment more often although we live over on the Kitsap Pennisula. Bravo for providing a place for me to celebrate my birthday! We definitely will return for more celebrations!Special Features:
- Clean and Kitschy in a good way!LaseDined on 8/22/2014Service was friendly and excellent in the Landmark South Lake Union Restaurant. The food is always Okay and the ambience is always a kick. This is a good family restaurant, or adult birthday dinner place for larger groups. Portions are family style and Buca's ideas of a portion are generous beyond most expectations. The food may not really be better than what you can make at home, but it isn't worse, and it is pretty fun and inexpensive... also it's not at home!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- My BirthdayOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/20/2014It was nice overall, but the service was slow. The food was delicious, the server kind, but it tool 30 mins to have our food at the the table, and that is too long.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SurprisedDined on 8/19/2014I've been to other Buca's and their food was far superior. Food at this Buca's is pretty mediocre.
- perfect birthdayyumfoodieDined on 8/15/2014Amazing food, great atmosphere...never disappointed no matter what state we are in!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Service and Good FoodFSHandSKHDined on 8/15/2014Arrived with a group of 7 - including 3 small children. And these tired children were not a fun bunch b/c of late dinner (later than their usual time). I alerted the server that I'd appreciate prompt service for the same reason. She was on it - took our order, got us whatever we asked for, and brought our food promptly. I was very impressed and pleased! And she did it all with a winning smile. And food was pretty decent. Haven't been here in a decade and didn't expect all that much. We ordered: (Spicy) Chicken Rigatoni, Marghertia Pizza, Mixed Salad, and Chicken Marsala. We enjoyed them all. I wasn't crazy about Marsala but my hubby didn't seem to mind. Will return in the future.Special Features:
- 8/9/14GlennDined on 8/9/2014Large party; great food; outstanding service. We all loved it and would come back again and again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- over cookedpastaqueen9908Dined on 8/9/2014We ordered the spaghetti and meatballs. The sauce was watery and the meatballs were so dense we could have played hockey with them.I prefer my pasta al dente, but this pasta was almost mush.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Noisy but just like Italy!DLFADined on 8/6/2014We just returned from a month in northern Italy and it was great to hit Buca de Beppo's in Seattle for a bit of "home"! The food was good, a bit too much oregano for my liking - but very much like the "home cooking" in Italy. This place is NOISY but so is the family in Spresiano so we felt like we were still in the Veneto. Highly recommend for a crowded, family style place to eat! You won't get high cuisine but that's not why you go to Buca's!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- painfulChefStephanDined on 8/1/2014We Found the service chaotic . the food poorly executed and the noise level intolerable. Loudest most painful meal I have had endured an many years. Never again!!Special Features:
- Anniversary Dinner with FriendsOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 7/5/2014My wife and MIL have been trying to get me to come here for years which now I understand. My MIL was not happy we went without her - I'm going to deal with that a long time:-) The food was fabulous, the wait staff was pleasant and funny (our waitress photo-bombed our pic) and service was quick. The family style idea is great as well. We plan on taking our kids as we felt the kids would love the atmosphere and the Bucca De Beppo B-day song.Special Features:
- Mngm't did poor job,under staffed!woodyDined on 7/4/2014lack of enough staff made for unpleasent visit,30 minutes to get a drink in bar,30 minutes late to seat,salad sent to table wrong,food was freash and flavorful once it was corrected,veil dish was very good.Special Features: