Buca di Beppo - Seattle
701 9th Avenue North
Seattle, WA 98109Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
Buca di Beppo - Seattle
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.bucadibeppo.com/
- Phone: (206) 244-2288
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Thursday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday: 4:00pm - 11:00pm, Saturday: 11:00am - 11:00pm, Sunday: 11:00am - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Italian, Comfort Food
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Takeout, Wine
- Catering: Our full menu is available for Buca To Go and Delivery. If you're hosting a special occasion or group event at your home, office or a local area reception hall, Buca To Go or Buca Delivery is the perfect choice. Our friendly & professional staff will assist you with your order, arrange a specific pick-up time for Buca To Go or deliver your order ($25 delivery fee applies to deliveries). Plates, napkins, eating & serving utensils and condiments are included. No minimum purchase required. Please allow 3 hours for same-day delivery and call for questions/details about our delivery service area.
- Special Events: Whether you’re celebrating a special occasion, planning a business dinner or having a night out with family and friends, Buca di Beppo is your answer to one fabulous group dining experience! Buca serves authentic Italian family-style meals in an eclectic, vintage setting. Our knowledgeable staff will help organize and plan your group event or meetings with diverse lunch or dinner banquet packages - ideal for groups of 20 or more. Private and semi-private rooms are available.
A word from Buca di Beppo - Seattle
Buca di Beppo serves authentic Italian cuisine in an eclectic, vintage setting. Our dishes are served family-style, meant to be shared by everyone at the table. Two sizes are available: BUCA SMALL feeds two or more and BUCA LARGE feeds four or more. At Buca, guests delight in our lively atmosphere, enjoy the classic tunes of Frank Sinatra and Dean Martin and admire our decor, including family photos and candid shots of Italian-American icons, such as Sophia Loren and Joe DiMaggio. Our energetic atmosphere, delicious food and friendly staff make Buca di Beppo the perfect place for great Italian food and fun.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerKid Friendly
Buca di Beppo - Seattle - Best Restaurants in Downtown ›
Buca di Beppo - Seattle reviews from OpenTable diners
80 reviews since July 28, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelEnergetic
good for groups (68)kid-friendly (46)special occasion (44)fit for foodies (25)romantic (11)great for lunch (11)neighborhood gem (8)hot spot (4)great for brunch (3)late-night find (2)vibrant bar scene (2)great for outdoor dining (1)notable wine list (1)Show More
- Great Service and Good FoodFSHandSKHDined on 8/15/2014Arrived with a group of 7 - including 3 small children. And these tired children were not a fun bunch b/c of late dinner (later than their usual time). I alerted the server that I'd appreciate prompt service for the same reason. She was on it - took our order, got us whatever we asked for, and brought our food promptly. I was very impressed and pleased! And she did it all with a winning smile. And food was pretty decent. Haven't been here in a decade and didn't expect all that much. We ordered: (Spicy) Chicken Rigatoni, Marghertia Pizza, Mixed Salad, and Chicken Marsala. We enjoyed them all. I wasn't crazy about Marsala but my hubby didn't seem to mind. Will return in the future.Special Features:
- 8/9/14GlennDined on 8/9/2014Large party; great food; outstanding service. We all loved it and would come back again and again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- over cookedpastaqueen9908Dined on 8/9/2014We ordered the spaghetti and meatballs. The sauce was watery and the meatballs were so dense we could have played hockey with them.I prefer my pasta al dente, but this pasta was almost mush.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Noisy but just like Italy!DLFADined on 8/6/2014We just returned from a month in northern Italy and it was great to hit Buca de Beppo's in Seattle for a bit of "home"! The food was good, a bit too much oregano for my liking - but very much like the "home cooking" in Italy. This place is NOISY but so is the family in Spresiano so we felt like we were still in the Veneto. Highly recommend for a crowded, family style place to eat! You won't get high cuisine but that's not why you go to Buca's!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- painfulChefStephanDined on 8/1/2014We Found the service chaotic . the food poorly executed and the noise level intolerable. Loudest most painful meal I have had endured an many years. Never again!!Special Features:
- The following 598 reviews are from the Buca di Beppo - Seattle reviews archive.
- Anniversary Dinner with FriendsOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 7/5/2014My wife and MIL have been trying to get me to come here for years which now I understand. My MIL was not happy we went without her - I'm going to deal with that a long time:-) The food was fabulous, the wait staff was pleasant and funny (our waitress photo-bombed our pic) and service was quick. The family style idea is great as well. We plan on taking our kids as we felt the kids would love the atmosphere and the Bucca De Beppo B-day song.Special Features:
- Mngm't did poor job,under staffed!woodyDined on 7/4/2014lack of enough staff made for unpleasent visit,30 minutes to get a drink in bar,30 minutes late to seat,salad sent to table wrong,food was freash and flavorful once it was corrected,veil dish was very good.Special Features:
- Great restaurantAkboyd77Dined on 7/4/2014The food was AMAZING. It was my first time using open table to make a reservation. Our res was at 8:15. We didn't get sat until 9:10. That was frustrating because as we were sat there were numerous open tables. Service was good, but I saw that people who had ordered after us were served before us. And we had to ask for more drinks. The ambience is fun and loud. Great for big parties. The food is worth the wait. But I only dine here twice a year as I don't like the wait or the service. I guess take-out would be the best option for me from now on.Special Features:
- Went for birthday dinnerMelissaDined on 6/27/2014The waitress was very kind and respectable. It wasn't too loud where we were sitting and everyone loved the meals we got. Was a great experience overallSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Authentic Italian ResturantBuckDined on 6/27/2014Best Italian food in the northwest, very open and lively atmosphere and all the photos and trinkets on the walls throughout the whole restaurant, even in the bathroom. Friendly and knowledgeable hostesses. You can walk up but best if you have reservations. This was my second visit to the Buca di Beppo in Seattle. The first time we didn't have reservations and had to wait awhile, so we decided to take a seat in the bar until our table was ready. It took sometime in the bar to even get a seat so we learned to make a reservation well in advance as we have about six to twelve people each time we go. There's also a Buca di Beppo up north in Lynnwood we like going there also. I think it's time the southend get's a Buca di Beppo.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great funLizzyDined on 6/26/2014This place is wonderful for celebrating birthdays and special occasions. I highly recommend the Pope Table.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Big portions!MucasDined on 6/20/2014The food was good and the quantity was huge! This is an OK restaurant, nothing to pretentious, prices are good and service was very friendly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Meh.OpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 6/20/2014In principle it's a good place for groups as everything is served family style. The food is basically Italian style food I could easily make at home. The night that we were there, they seemed to be understaffed, which was odd for a Friday night, especially given that there was a marathon starting the next morning within a few blocks (lots of folks carbo-loading before the race). Everything took forever.Special Features:
- Not what I was expectingCarbLoverDined on 6/20/2014Planned on eating at Buca's the night before the Seattle R & R marathon to have a relaxing meal with my running partners and load up on carbs for the run in the process. The service was extremly slow. First course came quickly than our server seemed to forget about us. She eventually took the rest of our order but by the time the pasta came it was luke warm and when I mentioned that we never received our salad course, she said oh well she would just serve it after the pasta. I have eaten here numerous times in the past and have never been disappointed however after this experince I am not sure I will try it again.Special Features:
- Not as good as Buca in LynnwoodTastyVittlesDined on 6/19/2014Long wait for a table, slow service during the meal, and the chicken parmigiano was soft and floppy not crisp and firm. We've had better service and better quality food at the Buca in Lynnwood, and are willing to make the longer drive in the future.
- Buca BucaOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/19/2014Good Italian "home-cooking" style. Their "gluten-free" menu includes most of their regular menu items. Very family friendly, and an overall fun experience.Special Features:
- Quantity over qualityTwoguysVIPDined on 6/16/2014You come here for one reason: Decent quality Italian food in LARGE quantities. Tables are close together, the décor is funky and basic. If you are into it, they also have a Pope Table. Service was friendly and efficient. The Apple Gorgonzola salad, the Chicken Saltimbucca were very good. The baked ziti and the shrimp fra diavolo were both HUGE, but very heavy, the ziti sauce disappointingly bland and sticky. The Diavolo was spicy, but few shrimp to be found. And the Carbonara was more like a cheesy alfredo. Good, but not what was expected. Cocktails were watery, stick with wine and beer. Great place to feed large parties, a real value, but for small groups order carefully or you will be dragging home TONS of expensive leftovers.Special Features:
- People were outstanding!RiffleDined on 6/15/2014Tracy and Joe were absolutely outstanding! We've been in 30 Bucas, and this one in Seattle is still the best! With the hundreds of places to dine in here in tho city, we're going back tomorrow night. We're tourists to everywhere in our old age and we especially love coming to Seattle because of Bucas! Thanks!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BeppoluvtodineDined on 6/14/2014Only negative was we were seated almost 20 minutes late past our reservation time.Special Features:
- Not worth itLacamasDined on 6/14/2014Place was not prepared to be slammed by graduation celebrations. Or they were expecting it but just couldn't handle it. Had reservations, seated 40 minutes after. Service staff seemed adequate but maybe kitchen and bar were not. Calamari was greasy and tasteless. It was a heavy hand that added the chili flakes in the fra diavolo. Took 20 minutes for the beer to arrive and were told the bar was really busy. Nobody else could pull the tap? Cheesecake was dry and too dense. Chocolate molten cake was a little moist in center but did not ooze. Double espresso was served in a mug...15 minutes before dessert. Server asked what we were there to celebrate (our graduate was in her gown) but there was no special "treat" for her anyway...so why ask.
- One of the better BuccasDCelle2014Dined on 6/13/2014We've eaten at several different Buccas in Northern California, Southern California and Florida over the past several years and this was our first in Seattle. We were a little hesitant to make our reservations as our last experience at Bucca in Fort Myers, FL wasn't the greatest. But it was our daughter's high school graduation and we needed to accommodate several people from out of state and many with Italian heritage. We were not disappointed. Everyone had a wonderful time. The food was exceptional as was the service. It is this kind of an evening that leaves one with the fondest I memories and keeps patrons coming back. Thank you for a most wonderful evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- pretty good for prom.sosocookieDined on 6/7/2014For make a reservation on the day of prom, buca di beppo saved my life. My gf loves Italian food and this restaurant was simply amazing. I would recommend this to anyone.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food to share with groupactionDined on 5/29/2014Love the ambience when celebrating something fun in a group.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great for groupseatlerDined on 5/29/2014The food is good, and so abundant it should be shared with everyone you know.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Is not what it use to be...Monina59Dined on 5/11/2014The portions are not the old standards the SMALL portion that is said to feed 2 to 4 my husband who is NOT overweight said it was not enough for him... And the food is not HOMEMADE as it used to be, rivaling my mothers homemade pasta... not a good fit for somebody that knows the real thing... not impressed SORRY can't recommend for any reason...
- First time here!epicurean848Dined on 5/11/2014This place was awesome I'll PROBABLY never go to olive garden again all of the important things are right here hence portion sizes entree prices and food quality was very very good. Will definitely return as often as I can.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Family funAquarius55Dined on 5/11/2014Love it for family gatherings - the food is great- service is excellent love the photos and decorations as well .Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- best food everOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/11/2014Its the first time I had Italian food and it will be the only place I go from now onSpecial Features:
- Good food and leftovers!CriticalEatsDined on 5/11/2014Overall good experience and large portion meal. Unfortunately when we first walked in the two employees standing behind the stand were busy looking at their schedules. Not even a glance at us to say they would be assisting us shortly. Only after they were finished with their business did he assist us.Special Features:
- Buca for birthdaysOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 5/4/2014This visit was one of many for our family, this time to celebrate our son's 31st birthday. It has been one of his favorite restaurants since he was in high school! Our whole family enjoys the quality of food Buca has to offer and it is always nice to have familiar faces serve us each time we come in. (To have our server actually recognize us was a surprise!) The service, atmosphere and food are perfect! I highly recommend this Buca di Beppo restaurant in Seattle to locals and visitors alike!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great place for big groups!IlikefoodDined on 5/3/2014The food was great and the and the service was quick and attentive. The portions of food were best when shared with the group and I liked how there was more than enough food for our group of 9 people. Definitely worth going here for large groups of people!Special Features:
- slow servicegabe414Dined on 4/28/2014The service was really slow and tge food took even longer! Horrible experienceSpecial Features:
- Mom and Pop feelingkize13Dined on 4/26/2014Busy place. I would recommend open table reservations before you show up here. Casual dining experience. Food portions are outrageous- plan on sharing then taking some home. Food items were down to earth in taste and pleasing to the palate. Friendly service with right amount of food server interaction. I had a positive experience here and would return if given the opportunity.Special Features:
- Family funFoodheavenDined on 4/26/2014Our family always have a great time at Bucca..... Pizza is awesome, spaghetti rocks....calamari... Amazing.... We leave full after a great dining experience....Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday CelebrationOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 4/20/2014My first time there, enjoyed the whole experience. Great food, helpful waiter. Wonderful!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great foodGGMADined on 4/18/2014We enjoyed it so much. My kids had never been to your restaurant before and really want to go back next time we are in SeattleSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Quiet Sunday eveningpyepyeDined on 4/13/2014Haven't been here for quite some time. I was surprised that 7pm on a Sunday evening was so quiet. I'd estimate that they were about 30-40% full. The food was still good -- just something about greasy italian that just hits the spot.Special Features:
- First timerOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 4/10/2014Great service, too much food ! Enough for next days lunch.
- Good house wine, ordered tooRykeeGibbDined on 4/5/2014Good house wine, ordered too much food for 4 people. A small Pizza is $18. Large portions. Pasta overload.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Absolutely awesome in everyOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 4/5/2014Absolutely awesome in every way.... we will definitely be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.