Buca di Beppo - Scottsdale
3828 North Scottsdale Road
Scottsdale, AZ 85251Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
Buca di Beppo - Scottsdale
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.bucadibeppo.com/
- Phone: 4809496622x
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Thursday: 11:00am - 10:00pm, Friday & Saturday: 11:00am - 11:00pm, Sunday: 11:00am - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Italian, Comfort Food
- Executive Chef: Eleazar Hernandez
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Our full menu is available for Buca To Go and Delivery. If you're hosting a special occasion or group event at your home, office or a local area reception hall, Buca To Go or Buca Delivery is the perfect choice. Our friendly & professional staff will assist you with your order, arrange a specific pick-up time for Buca To Go or deliver your order ($25 delivery fee applies to deliveries). Plates, napkins, eating & serving utensils and condiments are included. No minimum purchase required. Please allow 3 hours for same-day delivery and call for questions/details about our delivery service area.
- Special Events: Whether you’re celebrating a special occasion, planning a business dinner or having a night out with family and friends, Buca di Beppo is your answer to one fabulous group dining experience! Buca serves authentic Italian family-style meals in an eclectic, vintage setting. Our knowledgeable staff will help organize and plan your group event or meetings with diverse lunch or dinner banquet packages - ideal for groups of 20 or more. Private and semi-private rooms are available.
A word from Buca di Beppo - Scottsdale
Buca di Beppo serves authentic Italian cuisine in an eclectic, vintage setting. Our dishes are served family-style, meant to be shared by everyone at the table. Two sizes are available: BUCA SMALL feeds two or more and BUCA LARGE feeds four or more. At Buca, guests delight in our lively atmosphere, enjoy the classic tunes of Frank Sinatra and Dean Martin and admire our decor, including family photos and candid shots of Italian-American icons, such as Sophia Loren and Joe DiMaggio. Our energetic atmosphere, delicious food and friendly staff make Buca di Beppo the perfect place for great Italian food and fun.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerKid Friendly
Buca di Beppo - Scottsdale - Best Restaurants in Scottsdale ›
Buca di Beppo - Scottsdale reviews from OpenTable diners
44 reviews since May 2, 2014
- Ambiance3.7Noise LevelModerate
good for groups (33)kid-friendly (28)special occasion (23)fit for foodies (10)great for lunch (9)neighborhood gem (6)romantic (4)great for brunch (3)hot spot (2)great for outdoor dining (1)Show More
- Charging for bread?disapointedDined on 8/22/2014We used a coupon for part of our meal. Since you charged for the bread (the first time ever!!!) our bill was the same if not more than we usually pay. Since when is a basket of bread worth $10.00?Special Features:
- Excellent for a special occasion!KristinDined on 8/2/2014Buca di Beppo knows how to accommodate a large group! I made a reservation online for a party of 20. I even requested 4 high chairs for all of our kiddos. This was a very special family event... we were celebrating my son's baptism. The table was ready right on time including the high chairs. The service was amazing considering our large order. A big thank you to our waitress, Rachel!!! My family is Italian and my husband is especially particular when it comes to sauce. He said it was the best sauce he has had from a restaurant... WOW!!! Fantastic job Buca di Beppo!!!Special Features:
- Good for large groupwoginazDined on 7/29/2014Buca in Scottsdale is good for large groups. Portions are family style and quite large. Food was good as there were few leftovers. Service and delivery of food was quick. However, service overall was fair. Server forgot 3x to bring a special menu for one of our guests and forgot many time to clear some of the empty dishes from our table. And be careful if you don't tip what the server considers an appropriate amount or s/he may confront you and make you aware of it. Although management properly and appropriately addressed this situation and the server later apologized, it was unprofessional. We don't expect service to be perfect but improvements could be made. We would eat at Buca again, but probably at another location.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good but not greatlove2travel2gtherVIPDined on 7/26/2014We recently dined at Buca. We were a large group, and our server did not seem fit to handle it. There were multiple instances where we had to repeat requests. First of all water, which we noticed other tables got, we had to ask for at least 3 times. Then plates, she was so slow to bringing them, that we had to find them on empty tables to use. More work for her or the other servers when they have to reset the table. Also, silverware we asked for several times and had to finally get up and get it ourselves. In the end, the food was good but the service was far from great. The worst thing was that gratuity was automatically added to the bill and this server did not deserve a $40 tip for the poor service we received.Special Features:
- great timedh13Dined on 7/26/2014Great time great food for a birthday party highly recommended.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FoodPepperVIPDined on 7/22/2014We ordered a salad that was so salty we were chocking on it. Had the waitress take it away. We ordered pasta and it was too spicy all you could taste was the chili flakes.We sent that back alsoSpecial Features:
- Birthday celebrationJulieVIPDined on 7/19/2014The food and service were good as always. Was disappointed to arrive for party and find that we had two long tables instead of a large one [or 4 smaller ones grouped together like I saw in separate dining areas, making it easier to visit], and one was pretty much taken except 3 chairs, so me [who planned the whole thing and reserved a month ahead of time] and my group (6) were seated at the other table. Did not get to spend time with my sisters [birthday girls] or parents who were in from out-of-town, and my granddaughter [also birthday girl] was at the second table. Will not plan any more large gatherings here.Special Features:
- Great family restaurant!PottsPostsDined on 7/19/2014Food was great, service was great. Aaron was very attentive and knowledgeable for our visitors from Canada who had never eaten at Bucca before. Good Italian comfort food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love it - like dining at homeOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 7/14/2014Really enjoy this restaurant. Visited on last trip to Phoenix some years ago and went back based on previous time. Didn't disappoint this time eitherSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/13/2014Service was excellent, almost annoyingly so. We were there on a sunday at noon and were the only ones there. very good food.Special Features:
- Server was too pushyMarissaDined on 7/11/2014I appreciate the upsell and totally get it, however our server took it to the extreme. She would ask a question and if one person said no she would try someone else and keep going and going and going. It definitely made our experience less enjoyable and it being the last night our family was in town it was not the way I would want to spend their last night. Won't be returning for a special event.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Luv ItaltianOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/30/2014This was a celebration of my granddaughter's 16th birthday and we were seated at the Pope's table....perfect. Nicole our waitress was 'outstanding' as was the food and other staff. Very memorable night! Thank you....Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- H O R R I B L E !1865VIPDined on 6/17/2014No hostess present, finally sat and after bring ignored for 16 minutes in the restaurant, I decided to get up and ask for the Manager. Finally, the Chef comes to our table and reports there is no Manager present, but offers to help. A waiter arrives and explains that even though he served another table arriving after us, the Hostess neglected to inform him about us ? No doubt, we'd still be sitting there if I'd never sought assistance ! Not the first poor experience here, but definitely the last. Our conversation drowned out by the five men sitting at an adjacent table. The waiter offered to placate us with a free order of garlic bread... yeah, right. There are far better uses for this property than Buca di Beppo... BE VERY AFRAID !
- Excellent, noisy eveningOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/15/2014Enjoyed It Very Much. Will Go Again. Forget To warn My Son About Bathroom Though! :)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Jamaha55Dined on 6/15/2014We went for Father's Day late lunch/early dinner. The 5 of us had been there before and were again extremely happy with the whole dining experience. Your employees are always wonderful and very accommodating. Great job!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Just OkayHillGirl57Dined on 6/15/2014This restaurant seems to have gone downhill in the past few years. The portions are definitely smaller. The food was good but nothing special. We were a party of 10. When we got to the table two of the chairs were wet and my friends sat down and were uncomfortable for the rest of the meal. There was a sticky liquid (most likely soda) spilled on the floor under those chairs. We were not off to a good start. We had to ask the server three times for lemon for our iced teas. He was friendly but I felt like it was not genuine. Not running back there any time soon.Special Features:
- Good foodOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 6/15/2014This is a restaurant where you are always guaranteed good food. It is a little pricey but portions are generous, always have a doggy bag. A little noisy but good to bring the kids.Special Features:
- Graduation partyOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 5/21/2014Even tho my reservation was a month ahead and I received a reminder. There was no record at restaurant and he blew it off. Saying it doesn't matter. We have room. Well it mattered to me. I thought he was rudeSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- It is what you expectnipperDined on 5/18/2014Not the best Italian food in Scottsdale, but for an 8th grade graduation party it worked great. Plenty of food without breaking the bank. No one went away hungry. Food was good, the staff was greatSpecial Features:
- Good food, not great value65andGrowingDined on 5/10/2014Our waiter was very nice and helpful, but slow, typically absent, and often trying to up-sell. The food had very good quantity and flavor, but we expected the large shrimp diavolo to have a lot more shrimp. The first person served was pleased, the second and third found it to be light, and the leftovers were virtually devoid of shrimp (4 in two platefuls). The house pinot grigio was acceptable and, at $6 per glass, the best value on the wine list. We (5 not-too-thirsty adults and two young children) had a good time, the food was tasty, and we had some leftovers. I just expected more for $150 with a single carafe of house wine and no dessert.Special Features:
- Kids Galore - Late Saturday NightHuntsDiningOutVIPDined on 5/9/2014I am always a bit surprised in Scottsdale when it's 8:30 pm and kids are everywhere... Running around and yelling. If you're looking for a kid-friendly late night dining experience, this is your place! We are not looking for that kind of ambiance, so we won't be dining there again.Special Features:
- PromVictioriadazeyDined on 5/3/2014Had a really great dinner with my friends and everything was perfect and service was great, definetly coming back. Thank you !Special Features:
- The following 235 reviews are from the Buca di Beppo - Scottsdale reviews archive.
- Always fine.MarlouDined on 4/25/2014Never disappointed. Even the small portion is big, but so is the price. Lunch is a more reasonable portion.Special Features:
- Off Beat, but worthwhilemm2robDined on 4/20/2014Or pay agreed that the walls in the dining rooms walls are a cluttered mess, and the family style dining can cause some falling out, trying to get every one to agree on what to eat... Especially my picky eleven year old, but the staff is awesome, and the food is beyond fantastic! Buca is our go to spot for special family occasions.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome place!ephustleDined on 4/19/2014we had a group of twenty absolutely love the food and atmosphere. we will definitely be returning. thank you!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 4/16/2014We had great time celebrating my wife's birthday.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fun eveningwendywVIPDined on 4/12/2014Just wanted some good Italian food and we had a coupon, so... There were lots of kids going to their proms, so we saw girls in gowns & their dates in tuxes. Birthday parties all around us. Fun people watching. The food is consistently good and the service was outstanding thanks to Damon. No complaints from us. Always get what we expect at Buca!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent DiningIdellahDined on 4/11/2014Buca di Beppo in old town Scottsdale is a popular spot for dinner and special occasions but I found that its also a fabulous choice for lunch. I had my birthday lunch here and loved it the minute I stepped through the door. The ambiance is wonderful and the atmosphere is all about the 'old world' while blended with modern pop culture with photos of famous Italian movie stars like my favorite Sophia Loren. They walk you through the kitchen on the way to your seat and you are assailed with the scents and sounds of rich tasty foods in preparation. I really enjoy this restaurant and will be back many more times to come.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday Dinner with the GrandkidsOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 4/6/2014Bucca is very kid friendly and we enjoyed a three-generational party in the Pope room. Our four grandsons were able to be themselves: energetic and chatty without having to be restrained. Our kids, their parents, were able to relax and enjoy themselves. We had a great time and the food was good. The only bomb was your birthday cake which was loaded with red and green dye and very unappealing. It didn't taste good either. The manager was kind enough to allow us to order a different dessert, but since this was a birthday, the cake was an important and then, disappointing part of the event.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Buca for PromSuperSikedSeniorDined on 4/5/2014We chose Buca do Beppo for prom and all I can say is in glad we did. We had an amazing waiter, delicious food, And a super nice manager who gave us an unexpected affordable deal. I totally recommend Buca do Beppo for any occasion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Over rated, over priced. ForFoodieDined on 4/4/2014Over rated, over priced. For the amount they charge for sharing meals, the quantity and quality of food is not that special.Special Features:
- good for groupsjohnDined on 3/26/2014Great place to sit and enjoy sharing large portions of food together as a team.Special Features:
- Excellent for a franchiseTeeBDined on 3/22/2014We went for our anniversary, and the service was great. Our server was unobtrusive but magically appeared whenever our drinks were empty. He didn't interrupt our conversations like many severs do, either. We really liked him. It can get noisy, especially when they sit a large party near you, but large parties are expected a restaurant designed for sharing. My only real complaint was the place was FREEZING cold. If it's warm outside and your patrons are most likely wearing light clothing, you don't need the A/C on full blast.Special Features:
- Bad first impressionipitchforkDined on 3/20/2014We showed up 20 min early to check in. Told us no reservation an were rude about it. Did finally take us back to a table with no apology . Food service an server was outstandingSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good family/friends restaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2004Dined on 3/19/2014Started w antipasto chopped salad-very tasty, cold and fresh. There were 4 of us so we ordered two entres to share, lasagna and shrimp with pasta-both very good. We shared a chocolate cake with ice cream. Had a bottle of pinot noir and two soft drinks-bill with tip 133-not bad-had a relaxed evening -no noise, good service. I would go again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- bucas in ScottsdalemanuelDined on 3/9/2014Great food. Quick service. Seated a group of 26 in 10 minutes and had 2 servers for our group. Great family dining experienceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday dinner!tayeileneDined on 3/8/2014The food was delicious, the service was very good, and the environment was really fun! Overall it was a really fun night and I would definitely recommend it to someone else looking for a great restaurant. My party was really large and I was impressed with how well the service was. It was awesome!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- first timerjebjrazDined on 3/8/2014House pinot was good. Stuffed chicken was good. Ceasar was good. Baked ziti was dry and a little chewy would not order that again. Overall I would go back just wouldn't order that pasta dish again. Great service and waiter although we did wait about 10-15 mins longer than our reserved time after arriving 5 minutes early but acceptable. Bread is tasty too be careful not to fill up. The calamari was decent but would try a different app next time. The marinara sauce is great. Very limited parking at the scottsdale location.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- An OK Dining ExperienceVVWDAWVIPDined on 3/8/2014This is definitely a formula-type chain restaurant. To start off, they take you through the kitchen to get to your table, which seems very contrived, but it's not a big deal. Then the decor is lots of Italian memorabilia. So we weren't sure what to expect from the food. But what we ordered was actually pretty good. I thought that the apple gorgonzola salad didn't have much flavor, but my husband thought it was good. (And of course it was huge.) We really enjoyed the baked rigatoni -the meat and sausage sauce was very tasty. (And of course it was huge.) So it's an OK place for Italian food, and you can expect to have plenty to take home for tomorrow's lunch.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very accomodatingOutoftownvisitorsDined on 3/8/2014Our event finished early so we asked if we could be seated one hour before our actual reservation. The hostess was very approachable and we were able to be seated within in minutes of when we arrived.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.