Buca di Beppo - Santa Monica
1442 2nd Street
Santa Monica, CA 90401Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
Buca di Beppo - Santa Monica
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.bucadibeppo.com/
- Phone: 3105872782x
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Thursday: 11:00am - 10:00pm, Friday & Saturday: 11:00am - 11:00pm, Sunday: 11:00am - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Italian, Comfort Food
- Executive Chef: Jean Michno
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Delivery, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Our full menu is available for Buca To Go and Delivery. If you're hosting a special occasion or group event at your home, office or a local area reception hall, Buca To Go or Buca Delivery is the perfect choice. Our friendly & professional staff will assist you with your order, arrange a specific pick-up time for Buca To Go or deliver your order ($25 delivery fee applies to deliveries). Plates, napkins, eating & serving utensils and condiments are included. No minimum purchase required. Please allow 3 hours for same-day delivery and call for questions/details about our delivery service area.
- Special Events: Whether you’re celebrating a special occasion, planning a business dinner or having a night out with family and friends, Buca di Beppo is your answer to one fabulous group dining experience! Buca serves authentic Italian family-style meals in an eclectic, vintage setting. Our knowledgeable staff will help organize and plan your group event or meetings with diverse lunch or dinner banquet packages - ideal for groups of 20 or more. Private and semi-private rooms are available.
A word from Buca di Beppo - Santa Monica
Buca di Beppo serves authentic Italian cuisine in an eclectic, vintage setting. Our dishes are served family-style, meant to be shared by everyone at the table. Two sizes are available: BUCA SMALL feeds two or more and BUCA LARGE feeds four or more. At Buca, guests delight in our lively atmosphere, enjoy the classic tunes of Frank Sinatra and Dean Martin and admire our decor, including family photos and candid shots of Italian-American icons, such as Sophia Loren and Joe DiMaggio. Our energetic atmosphere, delicious food and friendly staff make Buca di Beppo the perfect place for great Italian food and fun.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerKid Friendly
Buca di Beppo - Santa Monica - Best Restaurants in Santa Monica ›
Buca di Beppo - Santa Monica reviews from OpenTable diners
40 reviews since May 25, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelModerate
good for groups (31)kid-friendly (24)special occasion (20)great for lunch (16)fit for foodies (11)romantic (6)neighborhood gem (6)late-night find (5)hot spot (5)great for brunch (4)great for outdoor dining (4)notable wine list (3)scenic view (2)vibrant bar scene (2)Show More
- Buca Di Beppo #1OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 4/2/2011I love the mood of the place, very loud, energetic, and full of life. The food was great, the shrimp alfredo was to die for, the meat sauce ravioli was delicious, and the spaghetti was "finger licking" good! Not to mention the garlic bread was one of the best garlic bread's I have ever tasted. It's great for a special occasion. I took my two cousins for their birthday and little did we know that almost all of the restaurant was going to sing happy birthday to them. The waitresses and waiters did a very good job! They were so courteous and friendly. Best Part of all, it was very affordable.Special Features:
- DisappointedOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 3/30/2011Was really disappointed this visit to Buca in Santa Monica, where we have been before. My wife and I were celebrating a special occasion with our daughter, and expected better. Service in particular was poor, I had to point out my wine was ready to our server 10 min. after it had been poured and left on the bar. so we had to wait to toast because of the added delay. On top of that, one of our entrees was not served on time, as the server apologized for bringing it to another table. Overall our waiter seemed uninterested in our table, again took over 10 min. to process our payment, and rudely threw our bill on the table for signature. I really expected better, and given that the food quality was just above average, cannot recommend Buc
- The service is a bit slowElohVIPDined on 3/29/2011The service is a bit slow although the restaurant didn't seem busy. I had a wait quite a bit for the server to approach the table and it took a while for the food to be delivered. Other than that the service was wonderful. The server was friendly. I always enjoy eating at Buca. I tried their Ziti for the first time. Its is very delicious.
- bucca di Beppo Santa Monica A+OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 3/26/2011A fun restaurant to enjoy with friends! Great food and many nice waiters and servers. Nice bar too! Food is in big portions so order wisely! Our server was very kind. The only bad part was they stopped making coffee as we found out after dinner, need to keep the coffee going till the end, especially after a few drinks from the bar!Special Features:
- Great option for the kids,OpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 3/26/2011Great option for the kids, as it's already so noisy, a little screaming or crying doesn't impact much. Food and service were good, but nothing extraordinary.Special Features:
- With its popularity, I wasOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 3/19/2011With its popularity, I was so glad I'd made reservations. Our server was nice, but overloaded with other tables with large groups. Baked ziti was enjoyed, but the size for six actually fed only three and the stuffed chicken was tough through the center. Noise level was high, but it was a Saturday evening!Special Features:
- we were seated at a tableOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 3/19/2011we were seated at a table next to what turned out to be a server's station used to store tablewear and prepare leftovers in to-go boxes. Not a nice table to sit at while eatingSpecial Features:
- Happy St. Patty's Day. DecidedOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 3/17/2011Happy St. Patty's Day. Decided to opt for pasta rather than the CornBeef and Cabbage. Last time I was there about a month ago,was when family were visiting from ST. Louis. We wanted the Lasagna, but it was sold out. So coming back to Buca di Beppo I was looking forward to the Lasagna, But it was dis-appointing. Had that"just came out of the can"vibe.Did enjoy the chicken rotini pasta.
- Came for birthday dinner.OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 2/27/2011Came for birthday dinner. Food was good. We ordered about 2 dishes too many. Could've used a little help from server with # plates to order. Noticed the server didn't come as often as we would've liked, especially at the end of the meal, during dessert and paying the bill.Special Features:
- Fun Atmosphere and Great FoodMel5Dined on 2/26/2011Celebrated my daughter's 14th Birthday with a group of friends in the "Passion" room. The family-style dining was a lot of fun! We all enjoyed the fun ambiance and great service. We ordered the Fried Mozzarella and garlic cheese bread for appetizers, Ceasar salad, Chicken Saltimbocca, Four Cheese Pizza, Fettucinni Alfredo and Meat Lasagna for dinner; all were super tasty.Special Features:
- Service slow .... Host wasOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 2/20/2011Service slow .... Host was nice and table was ready when we got there. Food was blah.Special Features:
- Good margarita pizza, fettuchini,OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 2/19/2011Good margarita pizza, fettuchini, and ceasar salad. Pass up on the spaghetti- it's horrible.Special Features:
- Always have a great time havingOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 2/14/2011Always have a great time having dinner in this placeSpecial Features:
- pizza goes in your mouthOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 2/14/2011food was great and service friendly up until the point the waitress dumped pizza all over my girldfriends coatSpecial Features:
- My wife said it was the bestOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 2/14/2011My wife said it was the best Italian meal she has had at an Italian restaurant. The meal was excellent!Special Features:
- Limited Staff on Valentines Day?OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 2/14/2011Buca Di Peppo is a great place with great food. You are immediately welcomed in and made to feel like one of the family. The food selection was great and everything was delicious. Unfortunately the staff was very limited and it was Valentine's Day so we had a longer than normal wait. It was still very early in the day and the restaurant was practically empty. Not sure why this was but it was the only the only thing that went wrong during our visit.Special Features:
- Our waiter was very slow.OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 2/12/2011Our waiter was very slow. We did not get a refill on our drinks until I asked for the check. I ordered a side salad and never got one. The food was great though.
- Customer ComplaintOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 2/12/2011Our server, Christina was WONDERFUL! However, there was one glitch in our visit, despite the restaurant opening at 11 am, there was no lasagna available when we ordered at 12 pm. Of course, we were disappointed, but to add insult to injury, the manager on duty came out and lied to us about why none was available, by telling us they had run out in one hour. And, to make matters worse, the manager didn't seem the least bit concerned about our frustration. Lucky for us, our server, Christina did take notice, and asked the chef to come speak to us, and he told us the truth, that none had yet been made for that day and he apologized, showing more courtesy and customer service than the manager did.Special Features:
- Great food, not-so-great serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 2/10/2011My wife and I went there for our first anniversary dinner. A bottle of the house Chianti was at the table when we got there as I asked. They were very nice & accommodating. BUT, an employee was cleaning our dining area throughout our ENTIRE dinner. Sweeping, moving chairs, spraying/wiping tables. She even said sorry for bumping into our baby's seat and woke him up, but then continued to clean loudly and obnoxiously right next to us. It really cast a shadow over the night. Also, the hostess dragged my wife through the kitchen which made it a longer walk to the table while she was holding a baby, carseat, and diaper bag by herself as i parked the car. I know that's part of the Buca experience, but seeing the baby, they should have asked.Special Features:
- The food was fair, but theyMHuntVIPDined on 2/5/2011The food was fair, but they obviously have cut way down on the size of their portions. Once famous for large servings that you would have to take home, now look more like calorie controlled servings. I guess it's the economy! I would still go there but probably when I'm not that hungry. Service was still good in spite of the large Saturday night crowd.Special Features:
- BOSS restaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 1/22/2011Pros: Friendly waitress; nice music; lots of great pictures to look at around the restaurant. Cons: None that i can think offSpecial Features:
- The food and service was wonderful.OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 1/16/2011The food and service was wonderful. I went there with five teenagers for my sixteenth birthday dinner and we had a great time. They sang and were all very accommodating to our immaturity.Special Features:
- The serice and the atmosphereOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 1/8/2011The serice and the atmosphere was good but there was a party that was out of control and the restaurant did nothing about it.
- I had new years eve dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 12/31/2010I had new years eve dinner at the santa monicas bucca with my husband and 3 teenage sons and had a great time, we had the fixed menu with big servings of good food, a nice festive atmosphere, an enthusiastic dj with live music,that made us dance and welcome the new year with a toast of sparkling wine service was good and we enjoyed the eveningSpecial Features:
- Fabulous. We had 12 people,OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 12/31/2010Fabulous. We had 12 people, tons of food and lots of fun. We have gone every New Years Eve to celebrate my daughter's birthday. She's 19 now, and still wants to go there for dinner before she goes out to party. As she's gotten older, her list of friends has grown, so we take a large party; it's so affordable we're happy to have her invite as many as she likes.Special Features:
- Our experiences at the BucaOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 12/27/2010Our experiences at the Buca di Beppo in Thousand Oaks did not seem to match the Santa Monica location. The SM location was not bad compared to other resturants in general. But our experiances in the T.O. location just seemed to outshine S.M. At S.M the food was cold, service was not as good and not as energenic. The server certainly did not say, "careful this plate is hot" There was a Wedding reception that night and may have been a reason for the service. It seemed the bartender was attending our table. Parking situation is a bummer at this S.M. location, but every resturant around there is like that. Parking on street in extremely tough, so we paid $5 in the public parking garage. Can't really fault you for tha
- the restaurant was terriblyPANDPVIPDined on 12/25/2010the restaurant was terribly hot, as they apparently, fail to turn the air conditioner on in the hope of saving a few bucks. the manager refused to honor the price quote of the reservation assistant who advised what the charge was to bring wine into the restaurant for dinner. he was downright rude and disrespectful.
- Great place for a holidayCindyDined on 12/25/2010Great place for a holiday dinner. We went at 3:30 p.m. on Christmas Day and avoided the crowds. Food was delicious - very hearty portions. Highly recommend this place for special occasions.Special Features:
- Honestly...food wasn't asOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 12/23/2010Honestly...food wasn't as wonderful as other buca di beppo's i've been to. Chicken dish was dry...so was the salmon, but he manicotti and cannolis were delicoiusSpecial Features:
- The perfect spot for a groupOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 12/11/2010The perfect spot for a group of college boys celebrating one of their birthdays. These athletes eat a lot and the generous portions did not disappoint! The veal parmagiana was overcooked, but other than that everything we ordered was delicious and the staff were attentive and accommodating. Definitely will return with our larger group events.Special Features:
- Not a great kitchen, but aOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 11/28/2010Not a great kitchen, but a fun atmosphere. Took two teenagers, and they had fun. That means a lot!Special Features:
- Your service failed to providePtownerDined on 11/25/2010Your service failed to provide what it claims to do. Reservation made online for Thanksgiving at 7:15 PM. Arrived at 7:05 PM and waited until 7:30 before being seated in an "overflow" area in the bar. Spoke to the manager who was obviously over his head. Our party was finally moved to the dining room at 8:00 PM. Wait staff couldn't even serve our wine/salad until 8:20 PM. As we were leaving, manager was in a heated telephone conversation with another irate dinner guest. This experience soured our interest in ever returned to this estdablishment.
- Thank you for making our thanksgiviOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 11/25/2010Thank you for making our thanksgiving away from home as homey as possible! Food was wonderful and service was too!Special Features:
- The food is served "familyOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 11/25/2010The food is served "family style" (in bowls that you pass around the table) and is quite good. When we found out the Thanksgiving Feast (shown with a picture of a table loaded with food) was only $24.95 and feeds 2-3 people, we booked a reservation. Unfortunately, that "feast" was only the price of the turkey and stuffing! Everything else was ala carte!!! I'm disappointed in the misleading advertising. The food prices are usually pretty decent and it is a lot of food for the money but watch out for their advertised "specials"!
- I was happy with the foodOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 11/19/2010I was happy with the food and it was my first time there. The food was hot and tasty. However, service was terrible! Our waitress came back once to refill one of our groups waters and I had to ask for a refill on my drink. She was very abrupt with our order and weren't even able to order all the appetizers we wanted. She was more concerned with the big group going on next to us which was very upsetting. I will not be visiting the Santa Monica location again due to this experienceSpecial Features:
- Our dining experience at BuccaOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 11/17/2010Our dining experience at Bucca di Beppo was great. I took my husband there for his birthday and we enjoyed ourselves immensely. The waitress was kind and friendly. Upon our arrival, all I mentioned was that I had reservations. When the waitress came over, she said, "looks like someone is celebrating a birthday today". Needless to say my husband was a little surprised that she knew, considering I had not mentioned this to her when we arrived. In short, we had a nice time and will definitely be back!Special Features:
- They certaintly don't shortMHuntVIPDined on 11/14/2010They certaintly don't short change you here portion wise. This restaurant gets alot of undue criticism for just serving quantity and not quality. I disagree, sure some dishes are just ok,but they are always adding items, and I think some of their specialties can stand up to any Italian restaurant in town.Special Features:
- The food was great and myOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 11/13/2010The food was great and my friends and I had a wonderful time. The portions were good and the price was also accomodating. We were there celebrating one of my friends birthdays, she had a lot of fun, as did us.Special Features:
- We celebrated a birthday partyOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 11/13/2010We celebrated a birthday party (there were 12 of us). Food was ok, service was very impersonal. At other BdB locations the employees were very involved, there was also a photographer. Reservation was made through Open Table and the restaurant called Saturday morning to verify. When we showed up at the location, they had a hard time locating the reservation and there just didn't seem to be much interest in seating us. Manager was visible but he did not talk to us, he seemed to be overwhelmed by his job. In the past we received excellent service at the Thousand Oaks and downtown San Diego locations.Special Features:
- All the food we ordered arrivedOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 11/7/2010All the food we ordered arrived at once. By the time we got to pasta as a main course, it was already cold. Food tasted O.K., not great. I felt we were rushed. Waitress was very attentive. Hostess was very friendly. Runners kept bringing wrong orders to our table.Special Features: