Buca di Beppo - Santa Monica
1442 2nd Street
Santa Monica, CA 90401Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
Buca di Beppo - Santa Monica
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.bucadibeppo.com/
- Phone: (310) 587-2782
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Thursday: 11:00am - 10:00pm, Friday & Saturday: 11:00am - 11:00pm, Sunday: 11:00am - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Italian, Comfort Food
- Executive Chef: Jean Michno
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Delivery, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Our full menu is available for Buca To Go and Delivery. If you're hosting a special occasion or group event at your home, office or a local area reception hall, Buca To Go or Buca Delivery is the perfect choice. Our friendly & professional staff will assist you with your order, arrange a specific pick-up time for Buca To Go or deliver your order ($25 delivery fee applies to deliveries). Plates, napkins, eating & serving utensils and condiments are included. No minimum purchase required. Please allow 3 hours for same-day delivery and call for questions/details about our delivery service area.
- Special Events: Whether you’re celebrating a special occasion, planning a business dinner or having a night out with family and friends, Buca di Beppo is your answer to one fabulous group dining experience! Buca serves authentic Italian family-style meals in an eclectic, vintage setting. Our knowledgeable staff will help organize and plan your group event or meetings with diverse lunch or dinner banquet packages - ideal for groups of 20 or more. Private and semi-private rooms are available.
A word from Buca di Beppo - Santa Monica
Buca di Beppo serves authentic Italian cuisine in an eclectic, vintage setting. Our dishes are served family-style, meant to be shared by everyone at the table. Two sizes are available: BUCA SMALL feeds two or more and BUCA LARGE feeds four or more. At Buca, guests delight in our lively atmosphere, enjoy the classic tunes of Frank Sinatra and Dean Martin and admire our decor, including family photos and candid shots of Italian-American icons, such as Sophia Loren and Joe DiMaggio. Our energetic atmosphere, delicious food and friendly staff make Buca di Beppo the perfect place for great Italian food and fun.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerKid Friendly
Buca di Beppo - Santa Monica - Best Restaurants in Santa Monica ›
Buca di Beppo - Santa Monica reviews from OpenTable diners
35 reviews since July 27, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelEnergetic
good for groups (26)kid-friendly (24)special occasion (17)great for lunch (14)neighborhood gem (10)fit for foodies (7)hot spot (6)great for outdoor dining (5)romantic (5)great for brunch (4)notable wine list (2)vibrant bar scene (1)late-night find (1)Show More
- anniversary dinnerbonnieblueDined on 8/31/2013we had two couples at dinner, one celebrating 45 years the other 50 years of being married....the waitress asked us if this was a special day and we told them about our anniversaries....we finished eating and two of the people left the table...all of a sudden the waiter puts down two large candle holders with six candles blazing....do ya think this could have been done during the dinner or even when we were all there?....or do you think a piece of cake could have been given for the four of us to split....and why the late arrival of candles....it was a good laugh.......and probably made it a memorable event.....Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Go-to for family occasionsMememeDined on 8/28/2013Never dissappointed by food or service and our server Leah was a gem. She has a gorgeous voice! We will continue to come back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- My Group ExperienceRichieDined on 8/23/2013Cramped & uncomfortable / But! other than that everything was excellentSpecial Features:
- Loved it!FullofpastaDined on 8/17/2013We were there spending time with a friend we hadn't seen in years. Once our food arrived, it was delicious! However, our food took a long time to arrive and one person was served and the other two meals were served a good 15 minutes later. Not sure if the server forgot, or the kitchen didn't time the dishes correctly. That was uncomfortable because we told him to go ahead and eat and the other people at the table were left to just sit there. The parking is horrible and the traffic in front of the restaurant is always busy, making it difficult to even drop people off safely!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- a pricey, lovely placeclosdeeDined on 8/13/2013Great ambience, lovely evening. the pasta was amazing, it wont disappoint. Great reception and lovely staff. Be ready to pour your wallet out, its a bit pricey.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Go to Buca a few times a yearOdysseyguyDined on 8/10/2013Go to Buca a few times a year at different locations and can honestly say that Santa Monica is one of the better locations. Glad we were able to reserve a table via Open Table.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best for groupsOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/10/2013This is a family style restaurant which is great if you have a group of friends/family. Not the best venue for a couple...too much food for two.Special Features:
- Overly satisfiedbigEderDined on 8/9/2013So much food in huge portions and tasted wonderful!!! Our server was absolutely fantastic too! We celebrated my daughter's first birthday and the waiter was nice enough to include an extra scoop of ice cream for my son so he didn't feel left out. Thanks for making it a joyous occasion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- plenty of food and tasted great!birthdayboyVIPDined on 8/4/2013Excellent food. It was hard to find our waiter at times but overall very good.Special Features:
- always greatRobertDined on 8/3/2013No matter how long it's been since my last visit to this place or the location, the food is always consistent with what my taste buds remember, kudos to the people running it, in today's world it's hard to find places that keep up with what made them successful.Special Features:
- Birthday TraditionlatrecehDined on 8/3/2013Buca has become our tradition to celebrate my now 11 year old son's birthday. He LOVES the big birthday song and being embarrassed. This time we had a party of 20 and they seated us quickly and service was amazing!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Waitress - made the dayLGVBMomVIPDined on 7/27/2013Yvette started the lunch off just right. Good menu suggestions for our multigenerational group. The bruchette appetizer was delish and the perfect starter. Baked Pasta Dish, Lemon Chicken and yum, the Apple Gorganzola Salad. For our 9 people, we even had enough leftover for dinner for 6 that night! Yvette was a hit with all of us and the kids loved her sense of humor. Thanks for a great meal. we will be back.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great birthday dinner!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/20/2013This is a great restaurant for groups. The servers/hosts were so great and attentive, and they handled our group of 8 people perfectly. I highly recommend coming here! Make sure to RSVP especially on the weekends. This place gets packed! Overall a great birthday dinner!!!Special Features:
- great place to gowykedloveDined on 7/18/2013Food Was Great Fit To Feed Many Or To Take Home Left Overs. Service Was Amazing, Super Friendly People. They Will Give You A Tour Of The Restaurant If You Want And It Is Worth Taking. You Can Sit Indoor Or Outdoor.I Completely Recommend This Place Even If You Can Only Go Once. TSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- service was very poormrholywoodVIPDined on 7/13/2013The service was extremely slow. I understand it was busy but the manager noticed that everyone around us was getting their orders out except ours so she took the appetizer that was taking 20 minutes off our bill. The drinks came out one by one and our server seemed to not remember the order. Request such as lemon in the water and raspberry tea instead of regular tea were ignored. He forgot our kids pizza and had to take that off the bill as well. Our server repeatedly kept blaming the kitchen & the chefs. Even picking up the bill for credit card payment took a while.Special Features:
- Took the family out of family styleMorganDined on 7/10/2013Went for a birthday party. Waiter forgot to put in the birthday man's request - the only thing we made a big deal about. Brought it out after we had finished everything else. Didn't offer to bring extra, cut the bill, nothing. We had such a large group (hungry group) that his tip was included so he didn't care that he really dropped the ball. We asked if they could they bring bday dessert out. They come with the dessert menu first to try and get people to buy dessert AFTER he had royally screwed up the meal. We say no because he handled it so poorly and then they bring out a candlestick and sing for the birthday guy. Nothing else... just a 3 prong candlestick for him to blow out. Worst birthday dinner ever, wasn't special at all.
- great food, large super portions,lisaVIPDined on 6/26/2013great food, large super portions, just badbadbad oparking choices, almost zero....but we try to go during the week when its not so crowded in the area, we love it there !Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Family dinningMagsterDined on 6/16/2013Buca is good. We bring the family and have great food. The service is good but it could be better. But for the price it's worth it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- like in ItalySimonDined on 6/8/2013It was awesome there! Really, there is so much food you can choose and everything tastes really good. And the ambience is like in Italy. Not expensive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We have been there many timesMHuntVIPDined on 5/26/2013We have been there many times and received great service and efficient handling. However, for whatever reason this evening on a Holiday weekend was very disorganized up front, and received fair service, but had to keep trying to find our server when needed. Food was good as usual, but have to mark it as an off night, hopefully won't become the norm.Special Features:
- Reservation is a must on wkndOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 5/18/2013This place get's busy during dinnertime on the weekend. Request a non bar area if you have kids!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good Service but Food is Hit or MisMarshallDined on 5/17/2013Liked: the Apple salad, salmon plate. Not so Much: The veal. Otherwise, the dining experience I expected - big groups, fairly loud, tourists, lots of decorations.Special Features:
- A Buca's a BucaOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 5/15/2013If you've ever dined at a Buca, most of the food's the same. But, for whatever reason, the food seems to be prepared differently at different Bucas. We liked the fried calamari at this Buca's compared to some we've been to. The staff are a lot friendlier too. You're made to feel welcomed. The maitre'd and our wait person were both nice and seemed to enjoy working with the public. It makes all the difference in the world when you hired someone who does the job well and it's there to just collect a pay check which is easy to do in the restaurant business. The decor is crazy as with all Buca's.Special Features:
- Super bad service-never coming backaliceDined on 5/12/2013Made reservations 4 days ahead though on arriving I was told to wait. Our waitress "Sarah" took forever to take our orders. A waitress who finished her hours got us our drinks before she left. We asked for more bread and we never got any, asked for water refills and got refills towards the end of dinner. On paying, I wanted to use my gift card and "Sarah" comes back and says that the gift card keeps saying error. I ended up paying with my credit card and came out. As I was waiting outside, I checked on my phone to check my balance on my gift card and it said "$50". I went back and asked for the manager and she re-charged me. It was also "Mother's Day" and online it said that all mothers get $20 gift card and my mom never got one.
- Walking in my family and meDLoveDined on 5/12/2013Walking in my family and me instantly felt at home. Once we got seated we noticed the ambience was very family oriented considering we went for Mother's Day. Our waiter Kevin came right away introduced himself and asked us if it was our first time dining here and yes it was, we loved that he let us know how there serving system worked and how helpful he was. Food was a plus, Proscuitto Stuffed Chicken and Caneolli's; perfection! We will sure be coming back and will recommend this place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love2BuccaLove2buccaDined on 5/11/2013I love everything about this restaurant, I don't think I will ever have enough ;-)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We are regular patrons atEBEBVIPDined on 4/30/2013We are regular patrons at this particular location, and we usually like it. However, this time, they had some issues with staffing or something in the kitchen where the service was extremely slow, unkind and unprofessional. The manager was running around the place like a mad woman, and rushed diners with their meals, so that she can get rid of them. We were planning to have a relaxed meal, but we just couldn't even finish our entree and packed it up and left. I hope it was just one time experience.
- Always friendly and fast service,OpenTable Diner Since 2004VIPDined on 4/6/2013Always friendly and fast service, tasty food, good kids menu, perfect for taking the kids after a day at the beach.Special Features:
- Food and service were mediocreOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 4/5/2013Food and service were mediocre at best. I would only go when with a large group and with kids.Special Features:
- Great for the family- twoOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 4/4/2013Great for the family- two teens and a pre-teen enjoyed the night.Special Features:
- We had a wonderful EasterRoxyVIPDined on 3/31/2013We had a wonderful Easter lunch with our family! Our server was awesome and very helpful. The food was delicious. Made us wish we were back in Sicily!!! We will definitely stop by again when we are in Santa Monica!Special Features:
- We appreciated the certificatelisaVIPDined on 3/27/2013We appreciated the certificate comped to us by the company for inconveniences that occurred on the prior visit. We had better service and it seems during the week it is not such a hectic dinig experience as on weekends. Food and portions always great and the server although bartending at the same time seemed to handle it better than the last server we'd had in that area. The manager is always nice and always comes up to ask how things are even tho shes busy. We do think it would help of they had a bartender who just bartended.Special Features:
- Always a great meal and perfectMerCysVIPDined on 3/11/2013Always a great meal and perfect for a quick lunch drop in! I even took home a large anti-pasto salad (my favorite) to serve the family for dinner.Special Features:
- Nadia is the BESTEstebanVIPDined on 3/10/2013Food GREAT! Service OUTSTANDING!! Ask for Nadia! Will definitely be back!!Special Features:
- we went to celebrate a birhtdaylisaVIPDined on 2/17/2013we went to celebrate a birhtday but it didn't end up so great,slow service,a meal was overcharged & there was a person with mental issues disturbing all the custmers in that particular area and the server chose to not advise a manager as she claimed she was "just 1 person" and couldnt do it all; so he ramined for along time;note- she was also acting as bartender and continued serving the disruptive person drinks & food when he was complained about; there is zero parking in the area;they were short staffed, food always good tho but the birthday was ignored and nothign special was note by the waitress, the manager did later come over wiht a b day dessert & eventulaly escorted the guyout but too little too late.
- Service was wonderful...foodOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 2/16/2013Service was wonderful...food was good...noise was too loud to hold a conversation...our group was seated at a long table and we found it impossible to converse. Parking is impossible in the neighborhood and the birthday person went to move one of the guests' cars and did not return until after we finished eating...all the lots were full!Special Features:
- I really liked the food. However,OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 2/14/2013I really liked the food. However, I did notice that the food was very VERY salty. At one point, my pulse was at 132 bpm (considerably above normal). Normally, my pulse is closer to 75 bpm.Special Features:
- Great food, outstanding service,OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/14/2013Great food, outstanding service, and very nice ambiance. Great for a romantic dinner or to come with the whole family!Special Features:
- HAPPY VALENTINES DAY EVERYONEULLYVAN310VIPDined on 2/14/2013WENT IN FOR LUNCH AND DIDN'T EXPECT THE SHRIMP FRA DIAVALO TO BE THAT SATISFYINGSpecial Features:
- I dropped my credit card whenOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/12/2013I dropped my credit card when leaving and the staff found it, locked it up and I was able to get it the nex day. Awesome.Special Features: