Buca di Beppo - Santa Monica
1442 2nd Street
Santa Monica, CA 90401Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
Buca di Beppo - Santa Monica
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.bucadibeppo.com/
- Phone: (310) 587-2782
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Thursday: 11:00am - 10:00pm, Friday & Saturday: 11:00am - 11:00pm, Sunday: 11:00am - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Italian, Comfort Food
- Executive Chef: Jean Michno
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Delivery, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Our full menu is available for Buca To Go and Delivery. If you're hosting a special occasion or group event at your home, office or a local area reception hall, Buca To Go or Buca Delivery is the perfect choice. Our friendly & professional staff will assist you with your order, arrange a specific pick-up time for Buca To Go or deliver your order ($25 delivery fee applies to deliveries). Plates, napkins, eating & serving utensils and condiments are included. No minimum purchase required. Please allow 3 hours for same-day delivery and call for questions/details about our delivery service area.
- Special Events: Whether you’re celebrating a special occasion, planning a business dinner or having a night out with family and friends, Buca di Beppo is your answer to one fabulous group dining experience! Buca serves authentic Italian family-style meals in an eclectic, vintage setting. Our knowledgeable staff will help organize and plan your group event or meetings with diverse lunch or dinner banquet packages - ideal for groups of 20 or more. Private and semi-private rooms are available.
A word from Buca di Beppo - Santa Monica
Buca di Beppo serves authentic Italian cuisine in an eclectic, vintage setting. Our dishes are served family-style, meant to be shared by everyone at the table. Two sizes are available: BUCA SMALL feeds two or more and BUCA LARGE feeds four or more. At Buca, guests delight in our lively atmosphere, enjoy the classic tunes of Frank Sinatra and Dean Martin and admire our decor, including family photos and candid shots of Italian-American icons, such as Sophia Loren and Joe DiMaggio. Our energetic atmosphere, delicious food and friendly staff make Buca di Beppo the perfect place for great Italian food and fun.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerKid Friendly
Buca di Beppo - Santa Monica - Best Restaurants in Santa Monica ›
Buca di Beppo - Santa Monica reviews from OpenTable diners
33 reviews since July 30, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelEnergetic
good for groups (25)kid-friendly (23)special occasion (16)great for lunch (13)neighborhood gem (10)fit for foodies (7)hot spot (6)great for outdoor dining (5)romantic (5)great for brunch (4)notable wine list (2)vibrant bar scene (1)late-night find (1)Show More
- Special treatmentKikiDined on 2/21/2014When we arrived, we were asked if we wanted to sit at the VIP Kitchen Table. We were promptly greeted by serving staff, and had the pleasure of watching some of our food being cooked. The food was tasty and cooked to perfection. Delicious. A great experience.Special Features:
- AwesomenessAbrownDined on 2/21/2014I loved Bucca. I've always heard awesome reviews but never got a chance to go until a few days ago. Everything was amazing, from the food, to the waiters who waited on our group hand and foot with smiles on their faces and even the vibe. Overall, we had a awesome time and my family/friends and I will definitely be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food and serviceJasonDined on 2/18/2014Everything we had was very good and the service was attentive and friendly. Got in right away even though we were a little early. The cheese bread and Caesar salad were great starters. One of each for three, there is plenty of food to share. Believe them when they tell you that. We only ordered two entrees also and we still took some home. The baked ziti and Lasagna were both very good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic pizza!!!!Foodie18VIPDined on 2/16/2014Although the service was ok- the pizza made up for it. Really our favorite casual pizza place of all time- always great!! I think because we sat in the bar the service wasn't quite as good as the server was also the bartender.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good overall service but....Chris626Dined on 2/15/2014This was my wife's and I first time actually attending this restaurant. Let's make this short... At first our waiter was very attentive with us. He took our drink order and brought out our appetizer very quickly. That soon changed after a party of around 9 guest showed up. He completely forgot about us, literally. After we called him over to order our food, he apologized and said he was truly sorry. Fine, I understand things can get crazy with a big party. Sadly it happened again. We ordered a pasta dish and a side dish. Took more than 35min to get our food . didn't even get my cup of soup Seems like he was more interested in the big party knowing the reward was going to be greater. Totally killed the night.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Valentines BuccaRaksackerDined on 2/14/2014Went to the Santa Monica Bucca di Beppo for valentines day and I was very pleased. The waiter was very friendly and was always checking If we needed anything. Good was brought out in a timely manner and it was delicious! I wish I had room for desert! I will definitely come back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bridal ShowerOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 2/9/2014My fiancee booked this particular Buca for her friend's Bridal shower and only had good things to say..here is a tidbit: The wait staff was extremely accommodating, although we were a large group we asked if we could squish into the Pope room which they allowed! This gave us extra privacy for our party and allowed us to all look at and speak with each other. Benny, our waiter that night was extremely high spirited, fun and on task! We could not ask for a more efficient server! Above all I would say that HE made the night. Sure, Buca tends to be one of your run of the mill, neighborhood italian go-to spots but if you want to have a no stress, low cost, private party...this is the way to go!Special Features:
- Good fun!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 2/8/2014Brought my daughter and her friends here for her 15th birthday party celebration. The girls had a GREAT time. We were given a quick tour of the kitchen and our waiter (Jason) was wonderful! Food is good, not "foodie" status, butSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food Very, Very GoodEstebanVIPDined on 2/5/2014My son got the chicken parmigiana. I got the eggplant parmigiana. Both were very good ans tasty. Service was very good. Would definitely go back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food Very, Very, GoodEstebanVIPDined on 1/27/2014Enjoyed our visit. Would definitely go back! Everything very tasty and filling. We had the chicken limon and chicken parmigiana.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I went with my whole familyKellogs22Dined on 1/22/2014I went with my whole family for a birthday celebration and it was perfect. Plenty of room for a large group, the service was great and the food was delicious. By the way the mozzarella garlic bread was delicious, filled myself up before the food even got there. I also had the Italian Margarita and not only did it taste good but it was nice and strong.Special Features:
- My Frist Buca ExperienceVeeeDined on 1/18/2014Came in and everyone was welcoming.. I liked all the theme tables or areas they had. Im not sure if they do that at all locations, but I thought it was cool. Server was polite, gave my daughter some crayons and kept her busy... Food was good, service was good. What more to ask for... love the atmorsphere of the place... very welcoming and fun... would love to come back...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food very good........EstebanVIPDined on 1/8/2014Enjoyed our meal at Buca. Evan is an outstanding server. Would definitely go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Kids should come firstTake2VIPDined on 12/28/2013It's not my first time to this restaurant and unfortunately on this occasion they took too many customers in and could not cope. We waited 60 mins for one bowl of pasta, delicious as it was. My main complaint was the time they took to bring our kids food. I believe they should prioritize the little ones as once they start complaining it all goes downhill from there. Anyway, I will be back with the hope it was a one off. Food has historically been great - watch out for capacity and don't be too greedy!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bah Humbug!OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 12/25/2013I usually enjoy a visit to Buca di Beppo, but would not recommend hitting it late on Christmas Day. We'd been traveling all day, and were happy anyplace was open, but by evening, they were running short on food. We were not even able to get a salad because they were out of lettuce! It took over an hour to get our meals, during which time we were not even offered a basket of bread--we finally asked for some, as we were starving by then. The server did his best, but it was an experience I'd never want to repeat. The food was not very good, either, and I usually enjoy their food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Complete chaos on ChristmasNikkiVIPDined on 12/25/2013Arrived for a 5:45 reservation on Christmas Day and were told they were running behind and would seat us when they could. Lobby was so crowded there wasn't even room for my family to stand. After waiting 45 minutes past our reservation time (with no update given to us) we asked the hostess again and were told there were still 12 parties ahead of us! People with 4:30 reservations still had not been seated. Realizing we had no hope of being served within the next hour we left hungry and frazzled from the chaos. Wish the hostess had been honest with us about the back up and we would would have left immediately to find dinner elsewhere. In their defense they said the back up was caused by parties staying at their tables hours after finishing.Special Features:
- Awesome!crazyladyDined on 12/25/2013I forgot how wonderful this restaurant can be. It's been 5 years since we last ate here and I will not wait that long to go back. The staff was relaxed, friendly and helpful. The food was delicious, fresh and cooked to perfection. The pasta was just perfect - al dente and the chicken was crispy on the outside and tender on the inside. Even with a line out the door, they let us eat at our own pace. We never felt rushed or ignored. An awesome experience from beginning to end!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GOOD FOODOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 12/25/2013GOOD FOOD, SERVICE ON CHRISTMAS. FRIENDLY SERVICE AND PATRONS. WE WERE WELL RECEIVED WITH OUR RESERVATION AND THE SERVICE WAS PROMPT AND PLEASANT. A WONDERFUL TIME FOR ALLSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The Friday before ChristmasOutoftowndinerDined on 12/20/2013It was pretty busy with lots of Christmas groups so the service for the individual tables was VERY slow. It took an hour before we has our meal and I had to ask where my drink was. The food itself was fabulous, much better than the last time I was there.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Huge food portion and perfectsbdadDined on 12/19/2013Huge food portion and perfect for a group outing. The restaurant was not very busy during the weekday lunch time, so the family ambience is lacking.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- One of my all time favorites!lifeizbloomDined on 12/15/2013This Buca di Beppo location is without a doubt my favorite among all the SoCal locations! I've been here on numerous occasions, for a variety of celebrations, from birthdays to Mother's Day. Every visit is better than the last. The food and ambiance is exceptional, and the staff make the visit even more enjoyable! I will keep visiting for years to come!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- the hardest thingDinerDelightDined on 12/7/2013being unfamiliar with the area and not knowing where to parkSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good Time, Food Good, But.........EstebanVIPDined on 12/6/2013The wait for the food was too long. Parking outside is only one hour (if you don't want to park in the parking structure and walk) and we felt rushed. As time goes by (we have visited Buca often over the years), the chicken breasts are getting pathetically small. The Chicken Limon is one of our favorite dishes, but it's a joke on how large the plate is, yet how small the portion(s) are!! Will reconsider coming back for a while. Service was VERY good, however......the long wait took the experience down a notch in the ratings across-the-board.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Probably because was on ThanksgivinClaudiaDined on 11/28/2013Probably because was on Thanksgiving, and they were short of personnel, the service was bad. 1. We had to ask for napkins (they didn't bring them). 2. They brought napkins but not silver ware, we had to ask for that, too. 3. They brought the food, but NEVER brought the plates, we had to eat the entire meal on the bread plates. We asked for them, but the plates never came. The food was good, but the service wasn't. This is the kind of restaurant that you go only one time.Special Features:
- Delicious turkey dinner forShawsDined on 11/28/2013Delicious turkey dinner for Thanksgiving!! Glad we had reservations.Special Features:
- The Absent WaiterHelendScargillDined on 11/28/2013We waited almost an hour to be served and had to rush through the meal since we had another engagement nearby. The waiter took our order for drinks and meals and basically disappeared. Patrons that came after us were served fairly quickly. Several times we have to ask other staff for water, bread and our waiter's whereabouts. The other waiters finally took notice and send ours back twice after a half an hour absence. Although, polite he was clueless and asked twice again if we were ready to order... and twice we had to remind him about our order.Special Features:
- Always amazing pizza!!!!Foodie18VIPDined on 11/28/2013Considering that they import their cheese from Italy- Buca is just such a great deal w/o any LA pretense. Everyone from your baby to your grandparents are welcome, & you don't have to worry that your going to still be hungry after you're done w/your meal!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Turkey DayMarkDined on 11/28/2013Went for Thanksgiving dinner, we were not disappointed. Good food and great service.Special Features:
- Good food but...OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 11/28/2013Hated the fact that I had to fight my way out of the table because the bus boys literally attacked the table as we tried to leave. The swooped in like vultures without a care as to who was still at the table. I still had my drink in my had and seated as they were grabbing everything in site. Got up to leave and pushed my way out because they were too focused to even notice I was making my way out. Def. not going backSpecial Features:
- Food was Very, Very good....EstebanVIPDined on 11/27/2013Had to wait some time for the food, but that was b/c of a large group. Everything else ok.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great place!!!vbv310Dined on 11/25/2013We had a great dinner, food was fabulous. Also the service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Festive, noisy atmosphere.OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 11/23/2013Festive, noisy atmosphere. The pizza was great, the salad was good, but the chicken alfredo was tasteless. Our group of 6 didn't like it at all.Special Features:
- Disappointing experienceH8waitingDined on 11/2/2013Although we had a reservation we had to wait about twenty to thirty minutes to be seated. Not only that I went to celebrate my thirtieth birthday and the server said the only way they sing happy birthday is if you are a member of some email club, which is lame. The service was subpar and not anything to write home about.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Flavorless foodluv2eatoutVIPDined on 10/26/2013The meal was flavorless, overcooked, tough and awful. We will not be back to the Santa Monica Buca di Beppo.
- Overall pleasant experience.MHuntVIPDined on 10/20/2013Overall pleasant experience. Hosts were very professional and eager to help, server was adequate, probably needs more experience, not readily abailable and a bit forgetful. Dishes were bigger than ever portions and decent taste and quality. Good sized drinks, overall alot for the money.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great service all aroundbrittanibeautiDined on 10/12/2013I was greeted immediately entering the resturant and received a nice tour. The servers were attentive and knowledge of the food and made me and my party feel absolutely welcome. Will be coming back for more parties., ThanksSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great for Family Style Dinner PartytamatoeDined on 9/22/2013Everyone was cheerful and accommodating to our group. Food was served hot and plentiful.Special Features:
- Great Food.....EstebanVIPDined on 9/18/2013Love BUCA. A little pricey, but darn great food! Will be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- bad bad parkinglisaVIPDined on 9/2/2013if only this pl;ace was in a better location.never easy to find parking even when the structure across the street is open,and at times after going around 3 or 4 times trying to park with no luck we have called to cancel the reservation, its too bad because food altho pricey is always good, huge portions and most of the time has good servers...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ConnieOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 9/1/2013Really enjoyed my first visit to Buca would definately go again. Service was excellent, staff very friendly and prices were reasonable. Not to mention the food was very good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.