Buca di Beppo - Santa Monica
1442 2nd Street
Santa Monica, CA 90401Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
Buca di Beppo - Santa Monica
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.bucadibeppo.com/
- Phone: 3105872782x
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Thursday: 11:00am - 10:00pm, Friday & Saturday: 11:00am - 11:00pm, Sunday: 11:00am - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Italian, Comfort Food
- Executive Chef: Jean Michno
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Delivery, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Our full menu is available for Buca To Go and Delivery. If you're hosting a special occasion or group event at your home, office or a local area reception hall, Buca To Go or Buca Delivery is the perfect choice. Our friendly & professional staff will assist you with your order, arrange a specific pick-up time for Buca To Go or deliver your order ($25 delivery fee applies to deliveries). Plates, napkins, eating & serving utensils and condiments are included. No minimum purchase required. Please allow 3 hours for same-day delivery and call for questions/details about our delivery service area.
- Special Events: Whether you’re celebrating a special occasion, planning a business dinner or having a night out with family and friends, Buca di Beppo is your answer to one fabulous group dining experience! Buca serves authentic Italian family-style meals in an eclectic, vintage setting. Our knowledgeable staff will help organize and plan your group event or meetings with diverse lunch or dinner banquet packages - ideal for groups of 20 or more. Private and semi-private rooms are available.
A word from Buca di Beppo - Santa Monica
Buca di Beppo serves authentic Italian cuisine in an eclectic, vintage setting. Our dishes are served family-style, meant to be shared by everyone at the table. Two sizes are available: BUCA SMALL feeds two or more and BUCA LARGE feeds four or more. At Buca, guests delight in our lively atmosphere, enjoy the classic tunes of Frank Sinatra and Dean Martin and admire our decor, including family photos and candid shots of Italian-American icons, such as Sophia Loren and Joe DiMaggio. Our energetic atmosphere, delicious food and friendly staff make Buca di Beppo the perfect place for great Italian food and fun.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerKid Friendly
Buca di Beppo - Santa Monica - Best Restaurants in Santa Monica ›
Buca di Beppo - Santa Monica reviews from OpenTable diners
38 reviews since May 23, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelModerate
good for groups (29)kid-friendly (23)special occasion (20)great for lunch (16)fit for foodies (11)romantic (6)neighborhood gem (6)late-night find (5)hot spot (5)great for brunch (4)great for outdoor dining (4)notable wine list (3)scenic view (2)vibrant bar scene (2)Show More
- Amazing food besides one thing2yeardinerDined on 9/14/2014Me and my bf went for out 2 year anniversary and the food was beyond delicious, we ordered the chicken and sausage pasta and it was delicious, the only thing was their was barely any sausage or chicken in it. Which my bf was looking forward to. Other than that it was amazing and we will be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Italian Gem27yessesDined on 8/30/2014Bucca De Beppo's has not yet disappointed me! This is my second time coming here to this establishment, and I've exited as happy as I've entered. The staff is lively and courteous, and the food is tasty. If you are a fan of Italian food, this is your place. It's great for people who are hungry and large groups! Expect to pay around 20 dollars per person though!Special Features:
- Amazing serviceMomomorrisonDined on 8/16/2014Great service. Staff was super attentive and exceeded our expectations. Best service we have ever received in a restaurant. Family portions are huge.Special Features:
- AmbiancePhSoDined on 8/16/2014Very friendly atmosphere, good italian food. Overall a very pleasant moment !Special Features:
- Fun for kidsVeteaDined on 8/16/2014If you can't find a place to reserve with a large group, you can't go wrong with BDB! Fun environment, big quantities of food! Make sure you order the small serving! Also has a pretty decent bar...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Never again!nomobuca4usDined on 8/13/2014We had 2 entrees. Spicy chicken/pasta arrived cold. Worse, it was poorly cooked, nowhere near al dante. Server replaced it. Warmer version, but still undercooked. Cheesy bread is a complete rip off at $12. I can see why Buca di Beppo is in dire straits. Glad I don't own one.
- Just what I wanteddinnerloveVIPDined on 8/10/2014We really were in the mood for pasta and a big portion of it. We ordered the spaghetti and meat sauce and it was super delicious. And the leftovers were even yummier.Special Features:
- Always Good EatsLouie828Dined on 8/10/2014Special occasion or just friends visiting from out-of-town this place is always good to come and have good eats, lots of fun and plenty of food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- very mediocre foodAJ9VDined on 7/29/2014Our waiter was very overtasked but very nice. We had the lasagna which was a blob of herbed cheese, one very thin slice of pasta and a puddle of tomato sauce. The salad was all iceberg lettuce and 2 peppers; quite lame.
- Great Location w/ Spectacular FoodMb0m3ng3nDined on 7/18/2014I've been to many Buca Di Beppo's before and I must say I was truly impressed with this location. Food was on point and delivered in a timely manner. The ambience was quit extraordinary as I was seated in a variation of surroundings. Not to mention the wine list was very class A, although, more variation as far as by the glass would've been nice. The service I experienced was impeccable due to the fact that the staff was more than willing to assist me and grab my whatever I needed if my server wasn't able to or forgot something.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food isnt so bad but a bit bland.FoodeaterDined on 7/6/2014What irked me the most was the fact that they called after leaving and accused me of taking the restaurant copy of the receipt. I never take receipts and even if I accidentally did, the caller should have been more reserved about her accusation or just simply say they lost the copy. Not sure if it was upper management that called me or the waitress but whoever that was will need to talk to customers with a tad bit more respect if they are calling to receive a tip.Special Features:
- Service was pitiful Food was greatBigTimeFoodieVIPDined on 7/5/2014Thankfully the manager took over our table and made the best of a rotten situation. It took us 45 min to get one kid pizza and the other 3 kids had to wait another 10 minutes and two of those three plates were wrong.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great FoodOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 6/30/2014Baked Ravioli and pizza were great. Service was a little slow and don't really care to be seated in the bar area.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love Buca!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/29/2014We've eaten at Buca several times and each time the food is delicious, the wait staff are courteous and helpful; we will go there again. This time we had a party of 6; we have visited Buca with a party of 14 including children and received same great service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fairalexmp28Dined on 6/21/2014Would like to come back. I left few tip because waiter forget us some times and others did not pay attention to us. I am afraid to come back and be served by him because he did not deserved so much tip because of that, but in the case I return I be assisted by him and do something to my drink/foods and I want to come back. What can you offer me to do_Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Forgot how great it isMTSMVIPDined on 6/20/2014Hadn't been there in maybe a year. Eggplant parmigiana is lightly breaded and cheesed, crisp, and the sauce if loaded with fresh tomato chunks. Chicken limone tasty and tender. Lunch entrée plates are satisfying and good value. Hostess and server made the meal even more enjoyable.Special Features:
- Good Food Good Service Good 4 You!MerCysVIPDined on 6/15/2014We just love the atmosphere at Buca. It's fun, relaxing and always creates a happy belly. What I loved this time was that as we were ushered to the Chef's table we were given a quick little tour. Others passing us also got a glimpse into the kitchen and it's magic. What fun! Oh, and of course we ordered extra to take home - wouldn't you?Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Must for Big GroupsDanafromSeattleDined on 6/14/2014We had 14 people, some from out of town, and Buco Di Beppo was perfect. They are made for big groups and add GREAT food and perfect ambiance. We loved the family style food, it was easy for me, the hostess, and everybody had a remarkable time. We are SO coming back.Special Features:
- Cramped spacePoodle55Dined on 6/13/2014Our reservation was for 12 - which we were told was too small for the Pope Room. We were seated at a very cramped table - one side being a bench that trapped the person who slid in first behind five other people. We then saw there was actually a smaller group using the Pope Room. The stuffed chicken was incredible!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 261 reviews are from the Buca di Beppo - Santa Monica reviews archive.
- Good for what it isluv2eatDined on 5/19/2014Had the chicken saltimboca and the spicy rigatoni. Good, but a little too heavy for me. Chain quality.Special Features:
- Simply AwesomeluvgoodfoodDined on 5/11/2014Not only is the food good, the portions are good and plenty. We all had enough to take home for later. The cheesy garlic bread, the chicken carbonara, and baked zita are a must have. The stuffed mushrooms and calamari was great too.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Normally Enjoy Eating Here........EstebanVIPDined on 4/25/2014Didn't meet our expectations. Food very good, but they forgot a certain sauce in our take-out. Also, billing wasn't up to snuff. Will be back, but not for a while.Special Features:
- The pope room...AnonymousDined on 4/24/2014The pope room met and exceeded our expectations. It made my fiance's birthday that much more magical.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Can't wait to come back!FoodieJoeDined on 4/11/2014Great service, great people and great food. Can't wait to come back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food, Fantastic serviceVangieDined on 4/11/2014Lunch or dinner, busy or slow, the food and service is always fantastic.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A happy birthday.BucaDibirthday32Dined on 4/5/2014I was able to have my bday dinner even though my entire group was over an hour late for the reservation. I was pleased that they were patient and accommodating. The staff was welcoming and I will definitely come here for group/family meals in the future.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- what a treatOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 4/5/2014it all starts with the people . your staff was the best I have been around in a long time!! sara is great what a treat to be served by somebody who left their attitude at home the food was delicious the waiting time was acceptable as I said it was something I will look forward to in the futureSpecial Features:
- Good food, good portionsdinnerloveVIPDined on 3/23/2014Everything was great. Our waiter was fun and attentive. Lots of food. Super tasty. Will go back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great DiningVangieDined on 3/21/2014Our party of five included 2 first timers to the restaurant, and the first time for all of us at the Santa Monica location. We met for a birthday celebration and everyone had a great time. Great food, great company and high energy. Our entrees were initially served cold and without hesitation upon request, new, piping hot entrees were prepared and served. The food was delicious and we all agreed we would definitely return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ServicePilaricaDined on 3/16/2014The waitress was polite but we did not like that stead of she taking the initiative offering stuffs, we were the one asking for simple stuffs like olive oil, bread or water.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wedding partiesBrideDined on 3/15/2014We had to change places on short notice for our wedding dinner. The folks here were amazing and so accomodating. The food was great, the service outstanding, and it was so smooth. The noise was a little loud and we could not do our toast, but the rest of the evening was outstanding. I would totally recommend them.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best Buca YetFredoDined on 3/15/2014We are not chain restaurant goers. Small regional chains like WoodRanch, yes! National chains like Olive Garden, no! So our fondness for Buca di Beppo is surprising. Especially when one is married to an Italian who loves to cook. We don't go often because the nearest one to our home city is 150 miles. The antipasto salad is always the perfect starter along with garlic bread. I had never been fond of Chicken Parmigiana, but it has now become a favorite at Buca. The Penne alla Vodka was a negotiated choice among 5 of us with differing tastes, but there was not a speck left a the end of the evening. The waiter's suggestion of an Argentinian Malbec was perfect. One of the best reds under $40 we have ever had.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Special treatmentKikiDined on 2/21/2014When we arrived, we were asked if we wanted to sit at the VIP Kitchen Table. We were promptly greeted by serving staff, and had the pleasure of watching some of our food being cooked. The food was tasty and cooked to perfection. Delicious. A great experience.Special Features:
- AwesomenessAbrownDined on 2/21/2014I loved Bucca. I've always heard awesome reviews but never got a chance to go until a few days ago. Everything was amazing, from the food, to the waiters who waited on our group hand and foot with smiles on their faces and even the vibe. Overall, we had a awesome time and my family/friends and I will definitely be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food and serviceJasonDined on 2/18/2014Everything we had was very good and the service was attentive and friendly. Got in right away even though we were a little early. The cheese bread and Caesar salad were great starters. One of each for three, there is plenty of food to share. Believe them when they tell you that. We only ordered two entrees also and we still took some home. The baked ziti and Lasagna were both very good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic pizza!!!!Foodie18VIPDined on 2/16/2014Although the service was ok- the pizza made up for it. Really our favorite casual pizza place of all time- always great!! I think because we sat in the bar the service wasn't quite as good as the server was also the bartender.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good overall service but....Chris626Dined on 2/15/2014This was my wife's and I first time actually attending this restaurant. Let's make this short... At first our waiter was very attentive with us. He took our drink order and brought out our appetizer very quickly. That soon changed after a party of around 9 guest showed up. He completely forgot about us, literally. After we called him over to order our food, he apologized and said he was truly sorry. Fine, I understand things can get crazy with a big party. Sadly it happened again. We ordered a pasta dish and a side dish. Took more than 35min to get our food . didn't even get my cup of soup Seems like he was more interested in the big party knowing the reward was going to be greater. Totally killed the night.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Valentines BuccaRaksackerDined on 2/14/2014Went to the Santa Monica Bucca di Beppo for valentines day and I was very pleased. The waiter was very friendly and was always checking If we needed anything. Good was brought out in a timely manner and it was delicious! I wish I had room for desert! I will definitely come back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bridal ShowerOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 2/9/2014My fiancee booked this particular Buca for her friend's Bridal shower and only had good things to say..here is a tidbit: The wait staff was extremely accommodating, although we were a large group we asked if we could squish into the Pope room which they allowed! This gave us extra privacy for our party and allowed us to all look at and speak with each other. Benny, our waiter that night was extremely high spirited, fun and on task! We could not ask for a more efficient server! Above all I would say that HE made the night. Sure, Buca tends to be one of your run of the mill, neighborhood italian go-to spots but if you want to have a no stress, low cost, private party...this is the way to go!Special Features:
- Good fun!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 2/8/2014Brought my daughter and her friends here for her 15th birthday party celebration. The girls had a GREAT time. We were given a quick tour of the kitchen and our waiter (Jason) was wonderful! Food is good, not "foodie" status, butSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.