Buca di Beppo - San Jose - Oakridge
925 Blossom Hill Road
Oakridge Mall Suite 1529
San Jose, CA 95123Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
Buca di Beppo - San Jose - Oakridge
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.bucadibeppo.com/
- Phone: (408) 226-1444
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Thursday: 11:00am - 10:00pm, Friday & Saturday: 11:00am - 11:00pm, Sunday: 11:00am - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Italian, Comfort Food
- Executive Chef: Robert Noce
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Delivery, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Our full menu is available for Buca To Go and Delivery. If you're hosting a special occasion or group event at your home, office or a local area reception hall, Buca To Go or Buca Delivery is the perfect choice. Our friendly & professional staff will assist you with your order, arrange a specific pick-up time for Buca To Go or deliver your order ($25 delivery fee applies to deliveries). Plates, napkins, eating & serving utensils and condiments are included. No minimum purchase required. Please allow 3 hours for same-day delivery and call for questions/details about our delivery service area.
- Special Events: Whether you’re celebrating a special occasion, planning a business dinner or having a night out with family and friends, Buca di Beppo is your answer to one fabulous group dining experience! Buca serves authentic Italian family-style meals in an eclectic, vintage setting. Our knowledgeable staff will help organize and plan your group event or meetings with diverse lunch or dinner banquet packages - ideal for groups of 20 or more. Private and semi-private rooms are available.
A word from Buca di Beppo - San Jose - Oakridge
Buca di Beppo serves authentic Italian cuisine in an eclectic, vintage setting. Our dishes are served family-style, meant to be shared by everyone at the table. Two sizes are available: BUCA SMALL feeds two or more and BUCA LARGE feeds four or more. At Buca, guests delight in our lively atmosphere, enjoy the classic tunes of Frank Sinatra and Dean Martin and admire our decor, including family photos and candid shots of Italian-American icons, such as Sophia Loren and Joe DiMaggio. Our energetic atmosphere, delicious food and friendly staff make Buca di Beppo the perfect place for great Italian food and fun.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerKid Friendly
Buca di Beppo - San Jose - Oakridge - Best Restaurants in San Jose ›
Buca di Beppo - San Jose - Oakridge reviews from OpenTable diners
44 reviews since July 31, 2014
- Ambiance3.9Noise LevelModerate
good for groups (36)kid-friendly (24)special occasion (20)fit for foodies (9)great for lunch (9)great for outdoor dining (5)late-night find (4)neighborhood gem (4)great for brunch (3)notable wine list (3)romantic (2)hot spot (2)vibrant bar scene (2)scenic view (1)Show More
- Good foodOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/24/2014Monday, Nov. 24 was my first time going to buca di beppo in years. My previous experience was in San Francisco and I loved it. The food at this location is great but my server just didn't give us the attention I expected. Maybe it was late and she just wanted to go home. I would definitely go back again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Large group celebrationmomof4sanjoseDined on 11/9/2014We had a party of 20 to celebrate a birthday and anniversary. We ordered our dishes family style and everything came out quickly. We had a great time and the our main server and her back-up server were top notch - friendly, accommodating, and quick to respond. They made our dinner experience wonderful. Thanks for making our family celebration a memorable one!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Going away dinnerNanaClare49Dined on 11/9/2014Had a wonderful gathering! There were 13 of us. We were there 3 hours, and never felt rushed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Service Was OffOpenTable Diner Since 2004Dined on 11/1/2014Buca is always a fun place to celebrate a special occasion. The experience is usually very consistent. Tonight, however, the service was off. Our entire section appeared to be neglected (on my birthday, no less). Our server was very sweet and full of personality. It just would have been nice to see her come by more often and in a timely manner. The other tables in our section had even more to complain about. They had a different server as far as I could tell. There was a group who said they had spent an entire three hours to complete their meal (not by choice). Another group never got their main entree and left. Another complained about the food quality. Even paying the bill was a slow transaction. Not the best experience.Special Features:
- Great date night!LlamaswifeDined on 10/31/2014Dinner out with hubby excellencent food! And our server was on point! And enough leftovers for lunch Saturday woohoo!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Italian FoodOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/29/2014Very good food, good and friendly service, reasonable pricesSpecial Features:
- Not Happy with the ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/24/2014We had 16 people in our party that's why I made the reservation ahead of time. I asked to place my order before the day of the event but was told that they don't do that anymore. I was expecting then that the restaurant and servers willb e ready for us at that time. The resataurant was not full that's why I was surprised that our server took a while to get our orders ready. We had to ask for refills for our drinks.Special Features:
- Consistently a good experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/4/2014We've had some less then great experiences, but overall, it's been very positive. We come here two or three times a month for a special treat. The wait can be long so make a reservation.Special Features:
- Had a great time!EternalDaizDined on 10/3/2014We were seated in a timely manner. In my reservation, I informed the restaurant that we were celebrating a special occasion. They acknowledged it throughout the night. We had picked a nice bottle of wine, but it was all sold out. The server made a similar recommendation and gave us a taste. We didn't wait long for our courses and were very happy with the presentation and taste!Special Features:
- Not very goodSuzieDined on 9/27/2014We were seated at the very last booth by the kitchen, there was only 1 other group there at the time and plenty of tables to be seated at. Our waiter was horrible. We waited 20 minutes for him to take our order while he tended to other people that came in after us. On the way out I saw the other customers were obviously wealthy Asian and american families. Even after I got his attention he acted like he never saw me. We ordered green beans with our meal which he forgot to order and blames the kitchen staff for not cutting green beans yet.After our meal we waited 18 minutes for him to finally come and check on us and we asked for our check. Parmesan was excellent. Green beans were horrible! Refused to pay for them,drenched in lemon unedibleSpecial Features:
- Excellent ServiceTimmypengDined on 9/22/2014We had too much food and service is great! Good for food before movie and shopping, Location is good but parking is a little bit tough.Special Features:
- Prices just keep going up thoughBabsSJVIPDined on 9/21/2014My husband & I love the food at Buca; you just can't seem to get any bad food here as everything is so tasty. However, over the past few years we have noticed that the prices of the dishes keep going up & up & up. Within the last 5 years, the spaghetti has increased at least $6.00 and the portion is smaller. Also, our waiter, who was fabulous, told us that they are often short of staff which makes the other waiters do double the work! Come on Buca, with all the money you are making off these high prices, you can hire more wait staff!!Special Features:
- Will not chose it as my favoriteThisPlaceDined on 9/19/2014Made a reservation for my daughter's birthday. Was disappointed they do not do anything for birthday's. The waiter was our bartender. He was okay, but not great. He was slow and busy attending one couple at the bar. The dessert came out too long from the refrigerator. Let my daughter ordered the food for the 4 of us. Did not care for the Apple Gorgonzola salad (no apples), Shrimp Fra Diavolo (taste could be better) and Tiramisu (3/4 of the bowl filled with whipped cream) were a big disappointment. The egg plant and stuffed mushroom were the best out of what were ordered. ... Will not go there again.
- Vey goodmangiareDined on 9/14/2014Service was slow . It seems one server taking care of a lot of tables, We felt sorry for her as it seems to take care for alot of customers Not her fault May be more help is required.She was very good and outstanding server.Special Features:
- Almost perfect experience.TaravaltwosomeDined on 9/13/2014With out of town guests we knew BDB would be perfect. Getting our table on-line was great. However, we waited an additional 20 minutes to get seated. From there it was pretty great. Although loud, our guests truly enjoyed the service, atmosphere, food, service & Birthday shows. They only wished there was a BDB close to their homes. Thanks for a great night.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic !!!!!!cktmDined on 9/11/2014Great food!!!!! Great service!!!!! Great drinks !!!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FairDinerDined on 9/11/2014With the smallish platter sizes this is a more expensive dining experience than Olive Garden. I wasn't impressed with the food and so don't plan to return.
- Outstanding ServiceBarbDined on 8/28/2014Had a great time ! Had very the best Service . The food was Delicious!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Entertainment and DinnerTigger1984Dined on 8/23/2014If you are looking for a restaurant with entertainment this is the place to be.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/16/2014Normally our experience at Bucca is a positive one, but last night our waitress was inattentive, and slow. We found a piece of tape in our Chicken Marsala, and instead of letting us explain what happened, she started giving excuses why we would have found it in our mashed potatoes, which in reality, it was in our chicken. There is no good excuse for a piece of tape found in ANY food item. The manager came later, and offered a new dish. We chose not to pay for it instead. Drink refills were late, and we had to ask another service person for dishes for our salad. For some reason, we got an entree 15 minutes before the rest of the entrees arrived.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BEST ITALIAN DINING IN SANTA CLARAbucaisthebestDined on 8/15/2014The food is the GREATEST! I love to share meals with the family dining. Great for big parties because you can all get a taste of everything.Special Features:
- Good for groupsLooking4localDined on 8/9/2014Met some friends there. Great for dinner, fun atmosphere. HUGE portions!Special Features:
- Buxa Di BeppoElvisDined on 8/2/2014Great place really for any occasion but perfect for groups!!!! Service is pretty good and attentive to what you need even when they are super busy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 278 reviews are from the Buca di Beppo - San Jose - Oakridge reviews archive.
- Too expensive for what you getOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 7/25/2014The food was only fair. The service was weak. The price was too high for the quality of food received. This place packs people in but does not have the correct amount of staff on site to properly run the restaurant. We will no return.Special Features:
- 49ninersDined on 7/17/2014We enjoyed the food. Our waitress was very good. Was right on top of everything. We never had to ask for anything except a box to take our food home. The couple that was with us enjoyed the food . They thought the spaghetti and big meatballs were very good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ServerOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/14/2014Our server Micheal was outstanding , she was very attentive. On the other hand the food was so so . Spaghetti was cold . Very little sauce was put on any part of the meal .Special Features:
- ConsistentgoldbloodedgrillerVIPDined on 7/11/2014Always huge portions, always great service. Perfect place to take a family of six while shopping and you don't want mall food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Manager was exceptionalOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/3/2014I had a horrible server. He took 35 minutes to bring us our water. After I talked to a manager, Nancy, and explained how I was receiving horrible service she had personally took care of us. She brought out the food and made sure everything was great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great for groups and families.OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 6/28/2014Great service and food selection. This is a great place to take the family or a date. Order a variety of "small" dishes that way you'll get to taste a little of everything. Very efficient staff. Lots of different places to eat within the restaurant.Special Features:
- EmbarrassedHungryinSanJoseDined on 6/22/2014I was entertaining 4 friends from San Antonio out here in San Jose. The food was lousy. The veal saltimbocca was dried out and over-cooked. The mozarella appetizers were barely warm and rubbery, the salad was non-descript. Very disappointing and embarrassing.
- Father dayYummytummyDined on 6/15/2014Had a great time. Great service and a lot of fun! Cool decorationsSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food yummy, service slowDiningMamaDined on 6/15/2014The food was really yummy, the Apple Gorgonzola salad was a hit. We also had the spaghetti and meatballs, but were told after a while that they had run out of meatballs and only had 2 left. Really? At 12:45 on Father's Day Sunday you'd think they would be prepared. The chicken limone was tasty as well. The waiter was super friendly, and quick to refill drinks and bread without us asking for it. The big problem was the SLOW service time with the meals, most likely not the poor waiter's fault. It took over an hour to get food, even the salad was a good 45 minutes. The restaurant was nowhere near full, so really no excuse for such a long wait. We had a young child with us, and waiting that long for food was challenging.Special Features:
- Retirement dinner partyPastadelishnplentyDined on 6/12/2014Fifteen of us gathered to celebrate a retirement party. We were promptly seated, food choices were excellent - everyone had something they enjoyed and the dishes were very good. The hostess was exceptional., greeted us before we were even all there and she was very friendly. All in all the event was very enjoyable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Slow serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/11/2014We were there on 6/11/14 for a birthday with a party of ten. The food was fabulous but the service was horrible. We were smashed at a wall table that was not fit for some "normal size" large people. The table did not seem wide enough to accommodate drinks, appetizers, food and elbows. I sat next to the wall and was not good for a right handed person. Arm kept hitting wall. The waitress was very nice but very slow. Because one of our appetizers took so long to arrive, 25 minutes, it was free of charge. The other food was slow in arriving. Our reservations were for 6:30pm and we left at 9:30pm.....not because we wanted to stay and chat. Please try to do better on the seating and service. BUT, the food was FABULOUS. !!Special Features:
- Buca di Best-ocvwelshDined on 6/8/2014We've never had a bad experience at Buca di Beppo. Service is always good, food is generous and tasty. We've brought groups here and always had a wonderful time. The ambience is lively, the decor is wonderfully tacky. Come on in, you'll have a great time.Special Features:
- The perfect family experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/8/2014We have been going to Bucca for years and have always had the best experience ! Kid friendly , great family style food. Friendly staff and a fun time !!!!!! A must see in San Jose !Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- quick service to be seatedlovetoeatDined on 6/4/2014but, a long wait to get your food. The stuffed mushrooms were very tiny!! The staff was friendly. maybe we could of used two food servers for 9 people.Special Features:
- good foodserviceDined on 5/31/2014i celebrated my 25th anniversary here and the food was very good and the place is nice but... the service was not good. the waitress did not order one of our dishes. she did not come around that much and when asked for another water she did not bring it. also the frozen margarita was in a cool light up glass but i could not get anything out of the straw. so i ordered it on the rocks. but over all it was good. just beware. of the service.Special Features:
- DisappiontedItalianoDined on 5/30/2014I have been at buca on different occasions and decided to go there because of the terrific food and ambience but was disappointed on this night because the way the tables were set up and the room made me feel that we were in a cafeteria. It was soooo noisy that my guests and I could hardly hear any of each others words. In fact, I had to ask the waiter to repeat his words when ordering because of the noise level. I will not return to buca with a group because it was so disappointing on this special night of my daughters high school graduation.Special Features:
- disappointedOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 5/29/2014I made reservations way in advance and requested the round table private party room for my daughters 18th birthday. When we showed up my party of 10 was seated in half booth and pushed up table to extend out. It was very cramped and my guests had a hard time getting up to use bathroomSpecial Features: