Buca di Beppo - San Jose - Oakridge
925 Blossom Hill Road
Oakridge Mall Suite 1529
San Jose, CA 95123Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
Buca di Beppo - San Jose - Oakridge
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.bucadibeppo.com/
- Phone: 4082261444x
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Thursday: 11:00am - 10:00pm, Friday & Saturday: 11:00am - 11:00pm, Sunday: 11:00am - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Italian, Comfort Food
- Executive Chef: Robert Noce
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Delivery, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Our full menu is available for Buca To Go and Delivery. If you're hosting a special occasion or group event at your home, office or a local area reception hall, Buca To Go or Buca Delivery is the perfect choice. Our friendly & professional staff will assist you with your order, arrange a specific pick-up time for Buca To Go or deliver your order ($25 delivery fee applies to deliveries). Plates, napkins, eating & serving utensils and condiments are included. No minimum purchase required. Please allow 3 hours for same-day delivery and call for questions/details about our delivery service area.
- Special Events: Whether you’re celebrating a special occasion, planning a business dinner or having a night out with family and friends, Buca di Beppo is your answer to one fabulous group dining experience! Buca serves authentic Italian family-style meals in an eclectic, vintage setting. Our knowledgeable staff will help organize and plan your group event or meetings with diverse lunch or dinner banquet packages - ideal for groups of 20 or more. Private and semi-private rooms are available.
A word from Buca di Beppo - San Jose - Oakridge
Buca di Beppo serves authentic Italian cuisine in an eclectic, vintage setting. Our dishes are served family-style, meant to be shared by everyone at the table. Two sizes are available: BUCA SMALL feeds two or more and BUCA LARGE feeds four or more. At Buca, guests delight in our lively atmosphere, enjoy the classic tunes of Frank Sinatra and Dean Martin and admire our decor, including family photos and candid shots of Italian-American icons, such as Sophia Loren and Joe DiMaggio. Our energetic atmosphere, delicious food and friendly staff make Buca di Beppo the perfect place for great Italian food and fun.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerKid Friendly
Buca di Beppo - San Jose - Oakridge - Best Restaurants in San Jose ›
Buca di Beppo - San Jose - Oakridge reviews from OpenTable diners
50 reviews since May 23, 2014
- Ambiance3.8Noise LevelModerate
good for groups (38)kid-friendly (30)special occasion (27)great for lunch (11)fit for foodies (11)great for brunch (5)great for outdoor dining (4)romantic (2)notable wine list (2)late-night find (2)neighborhood gem (1)hot spot (1)vibrant bar scene (1)Show More
- Vey goodmangiareDined on 9/14/2014Service was slow . It seems one server taking care of a lot of tables, We felt sorry for her as it seems to take care for alot of customers Not her fault May be more help is required.She was very good and outstanding server.Special Features:
- Almost perfect experience.TaravaltwosomeDined on 9/13/2014With out of town guests we knew BDB would be perfect. Getting our table on-line was great. However, we waited an additional 20 minutes to get seated. From there it was pretty great. Although loud, our guests truly enjoyed the service, atmosphere, food, service & Birthday shows. They only wished there was a BDB close to their homes. Thanks for a great night.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic !!!!!!cktmDined on 9/11/2014Great food!!!!! Great service!!!!! Great drinks !!!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FairDinerDined on 9/11/2014With the smallish platter sizes this is a more expensive dining experience than Olive Garden. I wasn't impressed with the food and so don't plan to return.
- Outstanding ServiceBarbDined on 8/28/2014Had a great time ! Had very the best Service . The food was Delicious!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Entertainment and DinnerTigger1984Dined on 8/23/2014If you are looking for a restaurant with entertainment this is the place to be.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/16/2014Normally our experience at Bucca is a positive one, but last night our waitress was inattentive, and slow. We found a piece of tape in our Chicken Marsala, and instead of letting us explain what happened, she started giving excuses why we would have found it in our mashed potatoes, which in reality, it was in our chicken. There is no good excuse for a piece of tape found in ANY food item. The manager came later, and offered a new dish. We chose not to pay for it instead. Drink refills were late, and we had to ask another service person for dishes for our salad. For some reason, we got an entree 15 minutes before the rest of the entrees arrived.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BEST ITALIAN DINING IN SANTA CLARAbucaisthebestDined on 8/15/2014The food is the GREATEST! I love to share meals with the family dining. Great for big parties because you can all get a taste of everything.Special Features:
- Good for groupsLooking4localDined on 8/9/2014Met some friends there. Great for dinner, fun atmosphere. HUGE portions!Special Features:
- Buxa Di BeppoElvisDined on 8/2/2014Great place really for any occasion but perfect for groups!!!! Service is pretty good and attentive to what you need even when they are super busy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Too expensive for what you getOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 7/25/2014The food was only fair. The service was weak. The price was too high for the quality of food received. This place packs people in but does not have the correct amount of staff on site to properly run the restaurant. We will no return.Special Features:
- 49ninersDined on 7/17/2014We enjoyed the food. Our waitress was very good. Was right on top of everything. We never had to ask for anything except a box to take our food home. The couple that was with us enjoyed the food . They thought the spaghetti and big meatballs were very good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ServerOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/14/2014Our server Micheal was outstanding , she was very attentive. On the other hand the food was so so . Spaghetti was cold . Very little sauce was put on any part of the meal .Special Features:
- ConsistentgoldbloodedgrillerVIPDined on 7/11/2014Always huge portions, always great service. Perfect place to take a family of six while shopping and you don't want mall food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Manager was exceptionalOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/3/2014I had a horrible server. He took 35 minutes to bring us our water. After I talked to a manager, Nancy, and explained how I was receiving horrible service she had personally took care of us. She brought out the food and made sure everything was great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great for groups and families.OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 6/28/2014Great service and food selection. This is a great place to take the family or a date. Order a variety of "small" dishes that way you'll get to taste a little of everything. Very efficient staff. Lots of different places to eat within the restaurant.Special Features:
- EmbarrassedHungryinSanJoseDined on 6/22/2014I was entertaining 4 friends from San Antonio out here in San Jose. The food was lousy. The veal saltimbocca was dried out and over-cooked. The mozarella appetizers were barely warm and rubbery, the salad was non-descript. Very disappointing and embarrassing.
- Father dayYummytummyDined on 6/15/2014Had a great time. Great service and a lot of fun! Cool decorationsSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food yummy, service slowDiningMamaDined on 6/15/2014The food was really yummy, the Apple Gorgonzola salad was a hit. We also had the spaghetti and meatballs, but were told after a while that they had run out of meatballs and only had 2 left. Really? At 12:45 on Father's Day Sunday you'd think they would be prepared. The chicken limone was tasty as well. The waiter was super friendly, and quick to refill drinks and bread without us asking for it. The big problem was the SLOW service time with the meals, most likely not the poor waiter's fault. It took over an hour to get food, even the salad was a good 45 minutes. The restaurant was nowhere near full, so really no excuse for such a long wait. We had a young child with us, and waiting that long for food was challenging.Special Features:
- Retirement dinner partyPastadelishnplentyDined on 6/12/2014Fifteen of us gathered to celebrate a retirement party. We were promptly seated, food choices were excellent - everyone had something they enjoyed and the dishes were very good. The hostess was exceptional., greeted us before we were even all there and she was very friendly. All in all the event was very enjoyable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Slow serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/11/2014We were there on 6/11/14 for a birthday with a party of ten. The food was fabulous but the service was horrible. We were smashed at a wall table that was not fit for some "normal size" large people. The table did not seem wide enough to accommodate drinks, appetizers, food and elbows. I sat next to the wall and was not good for a right handed person. Arm kept hitting wall. The waitress was very nice but very slow. Because one of our appetizers took so long to arrive, 25 minutes, it was free of charge. The other food was slow in arriving. Our reservations were for 6:30pm and we left at 9:30pm.....not because we wanted to stay and chat. Please try to do better on the seating and service. BUT, the food was FABULOUS. !!Special Features:
- Buca di Best-ocvwelshDined on 6/8/2014We've never had a bad experience at Buca di Beppo. Service is always good, food is generous and tasty. We've brought groups here and always had a wonderful time. The ambience is lively, the decor is wonderfully tacky. Come on in, you'll have a great time.Special Features:
- The perfect family experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/8/2014We have been going to Bucca for years and have always had the best experience ! Kid friendly , great family style food. Friendly staff and a fun time !!!!!! A must see in San Jose !Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- quick service to be seatedlovetoeatDined on 6/4/2014but, a long wait to get your food. The stuffed mushrooms were very tiny!! The staff was friendly. maybe we could of used two food servers for 9 people.Special Features:
- good foodserviceDined on 5/31/2014i celebrated my 25th anniversary here and the food was very good and the place is nice but... the service was not good. the waitress did not order one of our dishes. she did not come around that much and when asked for another water she did not bring it. also the frozen margarita was in a cool light up glass but i could not get anything out of the straw. so i ordered it on the rocks. but over all it was good. just beware. of the service.Special Features:
- DisappiontedItalianoDined on 5/30/2014I have been at buca on different occasions and decided to go there because of the terrific food and ambience but was disappointed on this night because the way the tables were set up and the room made me feel that we were in a cafeteria. It was soooo noisy that my guests and I could hardly hear any of each others words. In fact, I had to ask the waiter to repeat his words when ordering because of the noise level. I will not return to buca with a group because it was so disappointing on this special night of my daughters high school graduation.Special Features:
- disappointedOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 5/29/2014I made reservations way in advance and requested the round table private party room for my daughters 18th birthday. When we showed up my party of 10 was seated in half booth and pushed up table to extend out. It was very cramped and my guests had a hard time getting up to use bathroomSpecial Features:
- Food is great but...OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/24/2014The food is really good but I just have a issue with the timing of the food. The appetizer and the main dish came to the table at the same time. So it is hard to enjoy the appetizer since we don't want the main dish to be cold.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good experiencenirmalatDined on 5/24/2014We did have to wait a bit to be seated in spite of having a reservation, otherwise it was a very good experience. wish there was an a la carte menu instead of the small and family size since not everybody would want to order and share the same food all the time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 259 reviews are from the Buca di Beppo - San Jose - Oakridge reviews archive.
- Good food and quick servicefoodiefamilyDined on 5/17/2014I took the family out to celebrate a birthday. The food and service were up to my expectations, but why does the chicken parm always take so long to get to the the table. The only disappointment was my kids were expecting a little something for their birthday ( ie free dessert) other than the singing.... live and learn.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mmmmmm.mmmmmm good!FoodloverDined on 5/11/2014Baked rigitoni is a must!! Favorite dish of the group!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Improve serviceRacquiDined on 5/11/2014My family and I have been to San Jose location multiple times! Food is great and I was always satisfied with service except for the last time we were there - Mother's Day. Our server was unfriendly, unattentive and unhelpful. We ordered appetizers one came and the other did not come until after all our entrees were already served. No apology whatsoever from the server. When asked for fresh parmesan cheese she quickly said no we dont have it and walked away! When she served us coffee she walked away again without asking if we needed anything else! We did.....sugar! We asked for a teaspoon for coffee again she said no we don't have...only big spoons! Poor service overall! I hope to get better service next time!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fun for familyfoodie4lifeDined on 5/3/2014The pricing and portions are done by family style. Therefore makes more sense to go with a group. It was very busy when we went. Thank goodness for making a reservation on open table. We still had to wait about 10 minutes, but better than the 40 we would have had to wait otherwise. Lots of parties going on while we were there so our server was very busy and it was quite noisy. So if your looking for a private place to eat this might not be the spot. Unless you go at an off time. Otherwise for a fun dinner this is a good place.Special Features:
- portionsmpdiningDined on 4/26/2014big portions for most entre items ziti was dry??Special Features:
- Easter with Family and Friends2FrankkayDined on 4/20/2014We were a group of nine with some arriving earlier than others. As we waited, we were served drinks and delicious bread. When all had arrived, we ordered appetizers which were delicious and plentiful. The pizza came next and all I could say is YUMMY. The salad and entrees came next and everyone was fully loaded when we finished and even had some leftovers to take home. It was a great time for all. The service was excellent. It was an experience that we will definitely repeat.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Relaxing family venuepbearfoodieDined on 4/20/2014We arrived before the rush so we had a room all to ourselves, but even when the room filled up the service didn't suffer. The food was excellent as always and we had a relaxing family dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Waiter needed polishserviceseekerDined on 4/20/2014My husband, daughter and I went here Easter Sunday; we live out of town and our daughter goes to college in the area. We had an early (11:30 am) reservation and there was no crowd. Because it was lunch, my husband and daughter ordered iced tea with lemon and I really only wanted water. It took quite a long time for the waiter and drinks to return and when he came back he told us it took so long because the lemons were locked up because of the drought and had to be counted. He then told us that people don't realize how much water they waste and as he set my water on the table he said "it's annoying when guests order water and don't drink it." Well I did drink my water; but he never came back to offer more. The food was good as always.Special Features:
- I am very happy to see anHappyGrandmaDined on 4/10/2014I am very happy to see an individual menu. One person was unable to eat what the rest of the family order, she was able to order of it. The only thing was we had a coupon for a small pasta dish, which I received for signing up for their email, which we were unable to use with another coupon. I understand not being able to use 2 coupons for 2 for $40 or $10 of 30..but it would've been nice to be able to use the small pasta dish coupon too.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Reserving a table was a snapOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 4/4/2014Reserving a table was a snap on the website and we were seated right on schedule. The food and service were excellent.Special Features:
- GreatShaie24Dined on 3/28/2014This was a last minute dinner and I was impressed that I was still able to make a reservation 2 hours prior. I was going to be late and I called and they were very accommodating to the time change. As soon as we got there we were seated, we didnt wait one minute, just walked in and were seated. The service was great, but the wait time was a little off. We were waiting for so long for our garlic bread, our salad came out before the bread which sucked but ok. Food was absolutely amazing and fulfilling. Definitely will come back and will use open table for the reservation.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.