Buca di Beppo - San Diego
705 6th Avenue
San Diego, CA 92101Neighborhood:
Downtown / Gaslamp
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
Buca di Beppo - San Diego
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.bucadibeppo.com/
- Phone: 6192337272x
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Thursday: 11:00am - 10:00pm, Friday & Saturday: 11:00am - 11:00pm, Sunday: 11:00am - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Italian, Comfort Food
- Executive Chef: Domingo Ramos
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Delivery, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Our full menu is available for Buca To Go and Delivery. If you're hosting a special occasion or group event at your home, office or a local area reception hall, Buca To Go or Buca Delivery is the perfect choice. Our friendly & professional staff will assist you with your order, arrange a specific pick-up time for Buca To Go or deliver your order ($25 delivery fee applies to deliveries). Plates, napkins, eating & serving utensils and condiments are included. No minimum purchase required. Please allow 3 hours for same-day delivery and call for questions/details about our delivery service area.
- Special Events: Whether you’re celebrating a special occasion, planning a business dinner or having a night out with family and friends, Buca di Beppo is your answer to one fabulous group dining experience! Buca serves authentic Italian family-style meals in an eclectic, vintage setting. Our knowledgeable staff will help organize and plan your group event or meetings with diverse lunch or dinner banquet packages - ideal for groups of 20 or more. Private and semi-private rooms are available.
- Cross Street: G Street
- Public Transit: San Diego Trolley - Orange Line or Red Line - Gaslamp Quarter stop.
San Diego Metro transit - bus stop at Market & 6th.
- Parking: Valet
- Parking Details: Valet service Friday and Saturday- $20.00 ($15 with validation)
Paid street, metered parking. Street parking is free after 6pm.
Public parking at Horton Plaza: free before 9pm with validation.
Paid public parking (Park It on Market, located on Market & 6th Street)
A word from Buca di Beppo - San Diego
Buca di Beppo serves authentic Italian cuisine in an eclectic, vintage setting. Our dishes are served family-style, meant to be shared by everyone at the table. Two sizes are available: BUCA SMALL feeds two or more and BUCA LARGE feeds four or more. At Buca, guests delight in our lively atmosphere, enjoy the classic tunes of Frank Sinatra and Dean Martin and admire our decor, including family photos and candid shots of Italian-American icons, such as Sophia Loren and Joe DiMaggio. Our energetic atmosphere, delicious food and friendly staff make Buca di Beppo the perfect place for great Italian food and fun.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerKid Friendly
Buca di Beppo - San Diego - Best Restaurants in Downtown / Gaslamp ›
Buca di Beppo - San Diego reviews from OpenTable diners
49 reviews since May 24, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
good for groups (40)kid-friendly (23)special occasion (22)great for lunch (10)neighborhood gem (9)romantic (8)fit for foodies (6)hot spot (5)notable wine list (4)late-night find (3)great for brunch (2)great for outdoor dining (1)Show More
- Bachelorette night out!!!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/5/2014Buca has always been one of my most favorite places to eat!!! I am so glad we chose Buca for our best friends bachelorette night out. Our server was great and super helpful. The only disapointing things of the night were the bread tasted a bit old and the mixed drinks were way too sugary! We had to return them. Other than that.0, it was a Devine night!Special Features:
- 1unknowndinerDined on 9/5/2014We just went for a family dinner, and it was very good. Great service, ambience and food. I only wish your restaurant was closer to El Cajon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Had better...OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/31/2014Food was dry, very little sauce. Chicken was rubbery. Waited long time for refills, when restaurant wasn't that crowded.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great foodlovesongDined on 8/26/2014Trying to decide what to get was the challenge. Family style was affordable. We enjoyed our entire meal. Our server was attentive and gave us the time to decide on our order. Going thru the kitchen and then down hallways to get to our table was different....easy to get lost in there.Special Features:
- You WOW'd themAussiesLovedItDined on 8/21/2014My three guests had never experienced Buca, which is why I brought them. Two from Australia had NEVER seen anything like Buca. I insisted they go to the ladies room just for the decor. The food blew them away. "I'm stuffed ..." "NO, you can't be ... there is more coming!!" Granted we ran up a bit of a tab for the four of us, but well worth what we paid. Next time we come, they will NOT eat lunch before coming for dinner. Great service with Timmie, loved the decor around the room. Except no one was singing in Italian except the background music.Special Features:
- Great timeOpenTable Diner Since 2004Dined on 8/16/2014Had another wonderful time at Buca. Service lagged due to high number of large groups seated but we did notice some wait staff standing idly by so service should have been better. Overall great for special occasions.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great foodKristinaaDined on 8/12/2014Great for family style dining the kids loved it there were not even any leftovers or room for dessertSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good For Big GroupsOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/10/2014My family really enjoyed all the food that we ordered - Mozzarella Caprese, Frutti di Mare, Chicken Saltimbocca, Cannoli & Mt Vesuvius. We just came back from Italy & we were craving for good Value Italian food for my son's Bday & we're glad Bucca di Beppo did not disappoint us.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good price for good foodryaknowDined on 8/9/2014It was my first time, I went with my boyfriend. I didnt know they serve that amount of food in just one plate, and it was delicious. The waiter checked on us at least four times and her service was excellent. Even the manager checked if we were having a good experience. I was very pleased and definitely would recommend this restaurant, and of course go back again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food and serviceseanc623VIPDined on 8/5/2014The food and service are very good here. We'll be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- pup1VIPDined on 8/2/2014Food was great, except one of the pasta dishes was a little overcooked (dry, with little sauce) and the meatballs were not to my liking. Apple salad was delicious, as usual.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent choice with lots of Kids!NETOGMVIPDined on 7/30/2014Needed a place to celebrate my 2 year old along with his 8 siblings/cousings, all within 2-8 years.. had a very good time. Excellent menu selection and serving size! Was a great value since everything is ordered for sharing. Will definitely visit again.Special Features:
- Good place, but loudfortysixthDined on 7/27/2014We go to Buca di Beppo every year for our annual group dinner at the end of Comic Con. We're always a large group... 13-20 people. But BdB is not a great place for a big group for one reason: it's too loud! They seat us at a very long, narrow table, and the restaurant is so loud that we can't hear each other from one end to the other even when shouting. They have one large round table (the "Pope table"), but it only seats 13 I believe. They need more round tables, or private rooms for large groups. It's also very hard to share food when the table is so long.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Family-style funCranberriesVIPDined on 7/25/2014There is no warmer welcome at any restaurant anywhere than at Buca di Beppo, where all guests are treated like honored friends. The more people in your group, the more fun you will have as the "family-sized" portions are ideal for table-wide sharing. A highlight is the salads, which are all superb. And what a great wait staff!Special Features:
- disappointeddeliciousVIPDined on 7/20/2014My wife and eye walked pass this restaurant a dozen times and the smell was great every time. When we finally went we were greatly disappointed. The lasagna was no better than frozen lasagna and the service was terrible. They were just dumping the food on the table. Anyway if you like mediocre Italian food then this place is for you !!Special Features:
- nice familystyle Italian restaurantRSBDinerDined on 7/16/2014In the mood for good food and lots of it. This is the place. Not gourmet, just good family style dining. Lots of cool old Italian based pictures and stuff on the walls. Outstanding service. Brennan was perfect in all aspects as our waiter.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DelishloveamethystDined on 7/14/2014Very delicious food. Big portions but if you just have 2 people it takes away from choosing your own meal item. So it's better to go with more people so you can try more items.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bad NewsOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/12/2014Dined on 07/12/2014. Special request was like a foreign language to staff. Offered a free desert for our 43rd aniversary then charged for it on bill. Food was unmemorable and the experience is best forgotten. If you go I hope you have better luck than we did.
- Love me some Buca!JennifercsufDined on 7/2/2014I seek out Buca on vacation! The food is consistent and delicious! The portions are family style, so choose wisely or you will have leftovers for a week.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a good timeDizzle3420Dined on 6/28/2014Love coming here with family. Everyone is very kind and the food is amazing.Special Features:
- Great nightpeanutspreadDined on 6/27/2014This was our second visit to their San Diego restaurant & we totally enjoyed our time there. There was just a little problem. We visit early when there are very little people-4 PM. They sit people right next to each other & the group that sat next to us were mid teens with all of their 'cellphone drama'. They talked rather loud, without regard to others & no one told them any difference. This was the only downer to our visit.Special Features:
- servicebgomesDined on 6/16/2014I made a request for a birthday song or something and it was not fulfilled. I go there several times and I was very disappointed by the fact that my request was ignored. This made me feel as though I shouldn't eat there anymore.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Jesus Blessed Buca di BepposwilldefinetlyeathereagainDined on 6/15/2014This place was so amazing the food portions are huge, im not one of those bearly eats kinda people the food is served family style so one bowl and everyone gets some on their plate i had the diablo shrimp pasta and the fettuccini and the margherita pizza jesus their fresh basil is the icing on the cakewiSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great time had by allMomof5Dined on 6/15/2014Two large families joined together for Father's Day dinner had a great time. Even with 6 teenagers at the table there was plenty of food and even had enough to take home and have a whole meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding meal & service!!!chucklDined on 6/14/2014My wife & I have been coming to this particular Buca di Beppo site for over 10 years and we have always had great meals & even better service. This time was special because we had the "Kitchen" table for my birthday & a friend's birhtday dinner and it was the first time we had ever sat there. I had misgivings about the table because I thought it would be too loud and too distracting. I was pleasantly surprised about the atmosphere (OUTSTANDING) and the friendliness of ALL of your employees & the customers. I thoroughly enjoyed the evening & I would STRONGLY RECOMMEND the "Kitchen" table to anyone. A great dining experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- JazzieDined on 6/5/2014Food was great! Plates come in big portions so two plates is enough for two.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- UniqueJulesocrDined on 6/5/2014We were expecting a fancy five star Italian restaurant but it turned out to be even better. The decor is definitely different, gave a very vibrant feel to the place like there was 3 or 4 restaurants put together because each dining room has it's own touch. Food is great although a bit pricy but definitely worth it during a special occasion. Great customer service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- What's the point of a reservationOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 5/25/2014I made a reservation for 12 and they made me set it for 6:15pm. Our whole party was there by 6:17 and we didn't get sat till 6:55pm. I walked through the restaurant and there were plenty of empty tables for large parties. I just don't see the point of setting a reservation if we all have to wait nearly 45 mins to be satSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- InvisibleMistreatedDined on 5/24/2014Upon being seated, my party of four became invisible. Within 20 feet, four servers were present and not doing anything noticeable for over 10 minutes. I finally had to go to the greeters podium to ask for a server. The price of pasta entrees was outrageous. Due to the significance of the meal and having a veteran with his wife present, we proceeded with our meal. Upon receiving a server, we were instantly directed to an upscale for beer or wine. We were given plates for bread. When The entrees arrived, we only had the bread plates and the person who brought the food swiftly left and again no staff returned for sometime. We finally had to go and get someone to get us dinner plates. The food was average and highly overpriced.
- excellentniceDined on 5/24/2014my son chose it for his Bday and loved it.we will recommend it to our friendsSpecial Features:
- The following 328 reviews are from the Buca di Beppo - San Diego reviews archive.
- No goodGordisDined on 5/18/2014I didnt like the service. Wrong plates-wrong size- bill was more then we expectSpecial Features:
- Fun Mother's Day dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 5/11/2014My children's took me here for Mother's Day and we had a good old fashion Italian dinner. The food was delicious and our waitress was very attentive to our requests.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mother's Day lunch with 19 peopleCd1785Dined on 5/11/2014We recently had our Mother's Day lunch at this location. Among others, we had in our group: 5 mothers, 4 toddlers and 3 preteens. Our server was an angel to put up with that madness. Never been to a Buca's before, we did not know that they served family style, so I asked the server how many entrées we should have for a party of the size. He was right on with his suggestion. We would have ate everything, if we would not have ordered more and had to take it home! The food was amazing. You must try the salmon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- mother's dayDfamDined on 5/11/2014My family and I came to this restaurant to celebrate my first Mother's day. The staff was very friendly and my 1 yr old loved looking at all the pictures on the wall. Buca di Beppo is very family & kid friendly. The food is very good and the portions are so large that sharing is mandatory. My husband and I shared the trio appetizer and the baked ziti. We didn't have any room for dessert and even went home with leftovers. Our evening would have been perfect if our waiter was more attentive but overall it was a nice meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- good for kidsOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 5/10/2014we had 3 small grandchildren with us for dinner and it was just what they needed. they could enjoy talking with out being told to be quite and they had the perfect amount of food to share between the 3 of them by sharing 2 kid meals. we liked the new menus and light up cup for the kids!!!!Special Features:
- Good for family time, but...Tuski03Dined on 5/10/2014Not my kind of place. The carbonara had no flavor, the salt shaker saved it a little. Were not please with the style - the bulk servings, army style, are not enticing. Not cozy or inviting. Good for large groups with no great expectations.Special Features:
- Wonderful experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 4/29/2014Great employees and good food. This restaurant is my new favorite spot. Love the food love the pictures and atmosphere.Special Features:
- Good food and serviceseanc623VIPDined on 4/25/2014The food and service are always good here. That's what keeps us coming back for more!Special Features:
- Great serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 4/23/2014Kat was fantastic! Great experience. This was a group outing and this restaurant is well-designed for groups.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A TraditionIlovePizzaDined on 4/20/2014This is my third time in two years as part of my anniversary tradition. We dined here for wedding night, first year anniversary, and now are second year anniversary; each time has been amazing. Our waitress was kind, and came to make sure we were fine. The food was delicious and tasteful. I hope that Bucca does not change as this place is a gem. Thank you.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.