Buca di Beppo - San Diego
705 6th Avenue
San Diego, CA 92101Neighborhood:
Downtown / Gaslamp
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
Buca di Beppo - San Diego
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.bucadibeppo.com/
- Phone: (619) 233-7272
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Thursday: 11:00am - 10:00pm, Friday & Saturday: 11:00am - 11:00pm, Sunday: 11:00am - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Italian, Comfort Food
- Executive Chef: Domingo Ramos
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Delivery, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Our full menu is available for Buca To Go and Delivery. If you're hosting a special occasion or group event at your home, office or a local area reception hall, Buca To Go or Buca Delivery is the perfect choice. Our friendly & professional staff will assist you with your order, arrange a specific pick-up time for Buca To Go or deliver your order ($25 delivery fee applies to deliveries). Plates, napkins, eating & serving utensils and condiments are included. No minimum purchase required. Please allow 3 hours for same-day delivery and call for questions/details about our delivery service area.
- Special Events: Whether you’re celebrating a special occasion, planning a business dinner or having a night out with family and friends, Buca di Beppo is your answer to one fabulous group dining experience! Buca serves authentic Italian family-style meals in an eclectic, vintage setting. Our knowledgeable staff will help organize and plan your group event or meetings with diverse lunch or dinner banquet packages - ideal for groups of 20 or more. Private and semi-private rooms are available.
- Cross Street: G Street
- Public Transit: San Diego Trolley - Orange Line or Red Line - Gaslamp Quarter stop.
San Diego Metro transit - bus stop at Market & 6th.
- Parking: Valet
- Parking Details: Valet service Friday and Saturday- $20.00 ($15 with validation)
Paid street, metered parking. Street parking is free after 6pm.
Public parking at Horton Plaza: free before 9pm with validation.
Paid public parking (Park It on Market, located on Market & 6th Street)
A word from Buca di Beppo - San Diego
Buca di Beppo serves authentic Italian cuisine in an eclectic, vintage setting. Our dishes are served family-style, meant to be shared by everyone at the table. Two sizes are available: BUCA SMALL feeds two or more and BUCA LARGE feeds four or more. At Buca, guests delight in our lively atmosphere, enjoy the classic tunes of Frank Sinatra and Dean Martin and admire our decor, including family photos and candid shots of Italian-American icons, such as Sophia Loren and Joe DiMaggio. Our energetic atmosphere, delicious food and friendly staff make Buca di Beppo the perfect place for great Italian food and fun.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerKid Friendly
Buca di Beppo - San Diego - Best Restaurants in Downtown / Gaslamp ›
Buca di Beppo - San Diego reviews from OpenTable diners
54 reviews since July 23, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
good for groups (42)kid-friendly (29)special occasion (21)great for lunch (13)fit for foodies (12)neighborhood gem (10)romantic (10)late-night find (3)notable wine list (3)hot spot (2)scenic view (2)great for outdoor dining (1)great for brunch (1)Show More
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/7/2014We had a great time at Buca di Beppo! The food came out fast and our server was on it! We did have a reservation at 6:00pm and did not get seated until 6:10. And we arrived early at 5:45pm, so the wait ended up being longer than anticipated. The dining room was completely empty so we found that odd that we got seated 10 minutes after our reservation. And then they put our large party right next to the ONLY other large party. It just seemed strange and overcrowded in the corner when there was an entire empty dining area.Special Features:
- Always have fun hereDebsd222VIPDined on 11/6/2014The food is.like home cooked Italian fare, simple and rustic. The place is lively and the the staff are SO friendly! Great for a group witir oversized family style portions. We had a blast!Special Features:
- great serviceJenaVIPDined on 11/3/2014Enjoyed everything from food to service! Place had large portions great family style dining!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful AgaindonzeeDined on 11/1/2014Once again, we had a delightful dinner at Buce di Beppo. The food was abundant, the service was good, and they were eager to serve us even though it was Saturday night. The pictures covering the walls are something to see.Special Features:
- Great family spotCelebrationDined on 11/1/2014The Customer Service and Food was excellent. My family celebrated a special birthday and enjoyed the great tasting meals and fun drinks. The birthday dessert and song was extra special too.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pleasantly surprisedFoodLuvRVIPDined on 11/1/2014My husband and I have not had the best of luck finding good Italian food. We have gone to high end as well as franchised restaurants. This has been by far one of my favorite places. I have not eaten at the San Diego location before but I must say the Chicken Carbonara is one of the best I have eaten. It is a must eat!Special Features:
- Awesome food and serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/25/2014The food was great and plentiful. The service was good but could have been a tad bit faster. Also my biggest gripe would be the parking situation. One gentlemen working valet at one of your busiest times is not good. However, given the location and the time of the day I could undertand.Special Features:
- It was great!JeannetteDined on 10/24/2014Zo was our server and we had a wonderful time, I made a reservation for 8, my daughter and her family and myself and my husband. Every one from the reception desk to the Manager who helped with our gift cards, was very professional and helpful. We WILL be back. Parking is the only problem at this location, but it is Downtown S.D.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fire your hostessesmeh123Dined on 10/18/2014I had a reservation at Buca on 10/18. We stood at the hostess stand for about 5-6 minutes. I noticed 3 hostesses on duty, one hostess turned to seat someone else without an acknowledgment, another hostess was on the phone with her back to us, and another came to the hostess stand to look at something right in front of us, but never even made eye contact- then turned around to begin sorting a pile of menus. Finally phone girl hung up and said "Have you been helped?" "Um...No, seems you're all to busy with sidework to deal with pesky customers." Later, I saw a man go up to the menu-sorter to ask how much longer it would be until their table was ready. Menu-sorter replied "Why? Do you have somewhere to be?" OMG it was bizarre.
- Nplus10Dined on 10/11/2014My crew and I had a great time and Tim was an excellent waiter.Special Features:
- Iffy ServiceRockDined on 10/7/2014The waiter showed up to take our orders, brought our drinks, then disappeared until it was time to clear empty plates. The restaurant manager delivered the appetizer and dinner. The food itself, lasagna, was very dry.Special Features:
- Good, but pizza was not fillinghckmDined on 10/3/2014The new pizza menu was good and definitely tasty but a large hardly filled two adults and was overpriced compared to the rest of the menu items.Special Features:
- Great place,but don't go in a hurrysolieDined on 10/2/2014Loved the food, the server was friendly, but I think he had too many other tables to take care of. Since we sat at the kitchen, we could see our plates being ready sometimes for over 5 minutes. I don't blame the server, I just think they need to mobilize people more, or get more staff.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Ok food, poor serviceAshleyDined on 9/28/2014We were seated approximately 20 minutes after our reservation time and service during dinner was extremely slow (over 20 minutes to receive our first drink from the bar). The food is typical Italian fare, not bad, but nothing I would especially recommend to anyone either. Staff seems to get overwhelmed easily so make sure you have plenty of time to sit in this restaurant and wait to eat.Special Features:
- Food good; service good, but lateSuzzaiaDined on 9/28/2014We had 6:00 dinner reservations before the Paul McCartney concert...It was known several months in advance that this would bring a lot of people into the Gaslamp. Buca di Beppo was "short staffed" and, after many apologies, we were seated about a half hour late. Then, we sat at the table, unattended, for about 15 minutes before we snagged a waiter to let him know that we were there. Food arrived at about 7:15; concert was due to start at 8:00. Food was good, but there was no excuse for being short staffed on this night.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointingTurtleDined on 9/28/2014We love Buca's...but last Sunday was disappointing. We were 12 people and one server. We had to wait forever to just order the food. We wanted a few more small plates with oil and vinegar for the bread but the server was nowhere to be seen. We didn't get our salad until the entrees were brought out, even had to get our own extra plates! The whole ordeal went on for two hours. It was certainly not the service and attention a customer should expect...a shame.Special Features:
- Great PizzapizzacrazygirlDined on 9/21/2014The food was very good. I had Bucca Supremo pizza. Very delicious. Goung back soon for more.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Poor Service From Greeter To Serverynotthebest1Dined on 9/21/2014I made a reservation, showed up at the restaurant and was greeted with a grim face. Had to wait close to ten minutes before we got a table and there was only one single person sitting next to us. The server's nickname should have been "Forgetful." He took too long to come to our table. Did not smile nor was friendly. Never brought the complimentary bread and olive oil, nor did he ask us and just gave us the cards and left like a bandido. Asked for water when ordering our drinks but he never brought it. Had to almost grab him to have him bring the water. The drinks came after 5 minutes. As we started to order from the menu he never made any suggestions or engaged in any manner whatsoever. Never asked us if we were ok. Had to get up and pay.Special Features:
- Great ServerDeniDined on 9/20/2014This was our second dinner with Tim as our waiter. His recommendations are always outstanding and welcome. Followed his suggestions for reheating our leftovers and they were delicious. He is especially kind to my 91 years-young mother. He makes every dinner a special occasion.Special Features:
- my reviewOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/18/2014Our server, Angelique, was fantastic. She is probably the best we have ever had. She is extremely courteous with excellent manners. She was very attentive and food was brought out promptly.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bachelorette night out!!!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/5/2014Buca has always been one of my most favorite places to eat!!! I am so glad we chose Buca for our best friends bachelorette night out. Our server was great and super helpful. The only disapointing things of the night were the bread tasted a bit old and the mixed drinks were way too sugary! We had to return them. Other than that.0, it was a Devine night!Special Features:
- 1unknowndinerDined on 9/5/2014We just went for a family dinner, and it was very good. Great service, ambience and food. I only wish your restaurant was closer to El Cajon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Had better...OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/31/2014Food was dry, very little sauce. Chicken was rubbery. Waited long time for refills, when restaurant wasn't that crowded.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great foodlovesongDined on 8/26/2014Trying to decide what to get was the challenge. Family style was affordable. We enjoyed our entire meal. Our server was attentive and gave us the time to decide on our order. Going thru the kitchen and then down hallways to get to our table was different....easy to get lost in there.Special Features:
- You WOW'd themAussiesLovedItDined on 8/21/2014My three guests had never experienced Buca, which is why I brought them. Two from Australia had NEVER seen anything like Buca. I insisted they go to the ladies room just for the decor. The food blew them away. "I'm stuffed ..." "NO, you can't be ... there is more coming!!" Granted we ran up a bit of a tab for the four of us, but well worth what we paid. Next time we come, they will NOT eat lunch before coming for dinner. Great service with Timmie, loved the decor around the room. Except no one was singing in Italian except the background music.Special Features:
- Great timeOpenTable Diner Since 2004Dined on 8/16/2014Had another wonderful time at Buca. Service lagged due to high number of large groups seated but we did notice some wait staff standing idly by so service should have been better. Overall great for special occasions.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great foodKristinaaDined on 8/12/2014Great for family style dining the kids loved it there were not even any leftovers or room for dessertSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good For Big GroupsOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/10/2014My family really enjoyed all the food that we ordered - Mozzarella Caprese, Frutti di Mare, Chicken Saltimbocca, Cannoli & Mt Vesuvius. We just came back from Italy & we were craving for good Value Italian food for my son's Bday & we're glad Bucca di Beppo did not disappoint us.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good price for good foodryaknowDined on 8/9/2014It was my first time, I went with my boyfriend. I didnt know they serve that amount of food in just one plate, and it was delicious. The waiter checked on us at least four times and her service was excellent. Even the manager checked if we were having a good experience. I was very pleased and definitely would recommend this restaurant, and of course go back again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food and serviceseanc623VIPDined on 8/5/2014The food and service are very good here. We'll be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- pup1VIPDined on 8/2/2014Food was great, except one of the pasta dishes was a little overcooked (dry, with little sauce) and the meatballs were not to my liking. Apple salad was delicious, as usual.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent choice with lots of Kids!NETOGMVIPDined on 7/30/2014Needed a place to celebrate my 2 year old along with his 8 siblings/cousings, all within 2-8 years.. had a very good time. Excellent menu selection and serving size! Was a great value since everything is ordered for sharing. Will definitely visit again.Special Features:
- Good place, but loudfortysixthDined on 7/27/2014We go to Buca di Beppo every year for our annual group dinner at the end of Comic Con. We're always a large group... 13-20 people. But BdB is not a great place for a big group for one reason: it's too loud! They seat us at a very long, narrow table, and the restaurant is so loud that we can't hear each other from one end to the other even when shouting. They have one large round table (the "Pope table"), but it only seats 13 I believe. They need more round tables, or private rooms for large groups. It's also very hard to share food when the table is so long.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Family-style funCranberriesVIPDined on 7/25/2014There is no warmer welcome at any restaurant anywhere than at Buca di Beppo, where all guests are treated like honored friends. The more people in your group, the more fun you will have as the "family-sized" portions are ideal for table-wide sharing. A highlight is the salads, which are all superb. And what a great wait staff!Special Features:
- The following 344 reviews are from the Buca di Beppo - San Diego reviews archive.
- disappointeddeliciousVIPDined on 7/20/2014My wife and eye walked pass this restaurant a dozen times and the smell was great every time. When we finally went we were greatly disappointed. The lasagna was no better than frozen lasagna and the service was terrible. They were just dumping the food on the table. Anyway if you like mediocre Italian food then this place is for you !!Special Features:
- nice familystyle Italian restaurantRSBDinerDined on 7/16/2014In the mood for good food and lots of it. This is the place. Not gourmet, just good family style dining. Lots of cool old Italian based pictures and stuff on the walls. Outstanding service. Brennan was perfect in all aspects as our waiter.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DelishloveamethystDined on 7/14/2014Very delicious food. Big portions but if you just have 2 people it takes away from choosing your own meal item. So it's better to go with more people so you can try more items.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bad NewsOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/12/2014Dined on 07/12/2014. Special request was like a foreign language to staff. Offered a free desert for our 43rd aniversary then charged for it on bill. Food was unmemorable and the experience is best forgotten. If you go I hope you have better luck than we did.
- Love me some Buca!JennifercsufDined on 7/2/2014I seek out Buca on vacation! The food is consistent and delicious! The portions are family style, so choose wisely or you will have leftovers for a week.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a good timeDizzle3420Dined on 6/28/2014Love coming here with family. Everyone is very kind and the food is amazing.Special Features: