Buca di Beppo - Salt Lake City
202 West 300 South
Salt Lake City, UT 84101Neighborhood:
Salt Lake City
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
Buca di Beppo - Salt Lake City
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.bucadibeppo.com/
- Phone: 8015756262x
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Thursday: 11:00am - 10:00pm, Friday & Saturday: 11:00am - 11:00pm, Sunday: 11:00am - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Italian, Comfort Food
- Executive Chef: Ryan Jensen
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Our full menu is available for Buca To Go and Delivery. If you're hosting a special occasion or group event at your home, office or a local area reception hall, Buca To Go or Buca Delivery is the perfect choice. Our friendly & professional staff will assist you with your order, arrange a specific pick-up time for Buca To Go or deliver your order ($25 delivery fee applies to deliveries). Plates, napkins, eating & serving utensils and condiments are included. No minimum purchase required. Please allow 3 hours for same-day delivery and call for questions/details about our delivery service area.
- Special Events: Whether you’re celebrating a special occasion, planning a business dinner or having a night out with family and friends, Buca di Beppo is your answer to one fabulous group dining experience! Buca serves authentic Italian family-style meals in an eclectic, vintage setting. Our knowledgeable staff will help organize and plan your group event or meetings with diverse lunch or dinner banquet packages - ideal for groups of 20 or more. Private and semi-private rooms are available.
A word from Buca di Beppo - Salt Lake City
Buca di Beppo serves authentic Italian cuisine in an eclectic, vintage setting. Our dishes are served family-style, meant to be shared by everyone at the table. Two sizes are available: BUCA SMALL feeds two or more and BUCA LARGE feeds four or more. At Buca, guests delight in our lively atmosphere, enjoy the classic tunes of Frank Sinatra and Dean Martin and admire our decor, including family photos and candid shots of Italian-American icons, such as Sophia Loren and Joe DiMaggio. Our energetic atmosphere, delicious food and friendly staff make Buca di Beppo the perfect place for great Italian food and fun.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Buca di Beppo - Salt Lake City reviews from OpenTable diners
21 reviews since July 4, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
good for groups (15)special occasion (9)neighborhood gem (6)fit for foodies (6)romantic (5)kid-friendly (5)great for lunch (4)hot spot (3)great for brunch (2)late-night find (2)notable wine list (1)Show More
- GreatOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/24/2014Had a great dinner. Loved the atmosphere. Music was great. The service was great.Special Features:
- Good choice for the occasionslc417Dined on 10/4/2014Bucca Di Beppos is a classic for my wife and I, and seemed like a great choice for our first anniversary of being married. The food was excellent as usual, and the management seems to be improving, because the service seemed to be more well organized than it has been in the past. I was disappointed that we were sitting next to a group of people that were very loud and rude, and the restaurant didn't do anything to maintain the romantic ambient that is usually there. I'll keep Bucca Di Beppos in mind for future ocasions, because it is a classic restaurant for my wife and I, but I'll also keep my eyes open for a better spot, due to the less than perfect setting for our romantic night out.Special Features:
- Greatest PizzaDieHardUteFanDined on 10/2/2014We got the Bianca pizza and it was amazing. I told my wife that I am having an affair on her with the pizza. She said that was fining because loved it too. It was also great because they stuck us in the kitchen which was really fun.Special Features:
- Fun, tasty and easy for groupsfoodwineandfunDined on 9/2/2014While some shun Bucca as too formulaic and not authentic, our group of 6 enjoyed the many choices, the great servers, sharing our choices and reasonable prices en route to see the Eagles last week. The salads were fresh, tasty and easily served two. Our servers were knowedgable, prompt and able to communicate special requests to the downstairs bartender. Found the marinara to be authentic with just the right amount of texture and spice. Easily got extra sauce. The ambience is lively and we loved walking through the kitchen as we found our table. We especially appreciated the temperature of the food, the al dente pasta and the visit with the chef, who routinely stops at each table to check customer satisfaction. Will definitely go back.Special Features:
- Very friendly placebubblebabyDined on 8/30/2014The dinner we had was well prepared and served. Everything tasted just as I had imagined for a family Italian menu. It was so "Little Italy" in New York. Loved the atmosphere.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The BestdaMommaDined on 8/15/2014We have taken two sets of friends here in the last couple of months. They have both raved about it and vowed they'd be back with others. We first learned of it when my son & d-i-l got married. We have sought to return as often as possible.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Ladies Night OutcharlottelDined on 8/5/2014We enjoyed eating at Buca di Beppo while on a ladies night out. We enjoyed the tour of the kitchen as we had never eaten at this restaurant. The food was delicious and the portions of good size. We loved the family style service so that everyone pass around and enjoy the different food choices. The service was a little slow, but we had plenty of attention from the servers. We will definitely be visiting this restaurant again.Special Features:
- Adam Is AwesomeOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/19/2014This is the second year I've brought a group of 16 to eat after our convention ended and incidentally the second year we've enjoyed Adam as a waiter. Just want to say he is awesome! He is fun, energetic, on the ball, organized, incredibly competent, and a very good server!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointingdanabDined on 7/18/2014The service was average to poor. The food was not cooked properly and when we asked to have it corrected it was returned to us still overdone and mushy. I really do not like mushy pasta
- The following 194 reviews are from the Buca di Beppo - Salt Lake City reviews archive.
- Great fooddebnajdVIPDined on 7/1/2014Love the seafood linguine. It's a favorite and we always order it. The pasta is so fresh and the seafood and flavors of the sauce taste great. We also ordered the Bianca pizza. That was very good as well. I like the thin crust and the toppings were just right. Service was great and we had the place to ourselves because we visited before the dinner rush hour began. Yes, I would visit this restaurant again.Special Features:
- Catered to our needsOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/28/2014I had pre-planned a menu for our group, to save some needed time. The host was happy to take the list and get things started for us, and that took a lot of the strain off a party of 12 that included 2 small children, and people who had never been to Buca before. They all loved it, by the way; the artichoke dip and Chicken Caeser Salad were especial hits. Thank you!Special Features:
- Family friendlyMothersDayFindDined on 5/11/2014Huge portions served family style. Plan to take some home. Tasty and attractively presented.Special Features:
- So SoOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/10/2014Our waiter was fantastic. The fettuccine Alfredo was tasteless and dry....told waiter....he took it off the bill. The salad was WAY overpriced for what we got.....I could have made the same salad that we paid $20.99 for for about $5-$6. We have enjoyed dining at Buca in the past but I feel that the food is not the same quality that it once was. Probably will not return.
- Pope's Head TableEmilyDined on 5/10/2014We had an awesome lunch sitting at the Pope's Head Table! It has a lazy susan in the middle so you can share food. The food was delicious and our waiter was funny and charming. Would totally go back! Great for groups!Special Features:
- Love itItalianloveDined on 5/3/2014There isn't a Buca di Beppo where we live so we always try to go when we are out of town. Its easy for kids and the food is great!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- What I expectedfamfunoutDined on 5/1/2014Good food. Nothing out of the ordinary. Pretty much what would be expected from a family style Italian place. The dirty dishes that were brought to our table at first were more than unappetizing and made me wonder about the cleanliness of the rest of the dishes.Special Features:
- East Coast feelDavidDined on 4/27/2014Very nice Italian restaurant that felt more like Northern New Jersey than Salt Lake City. The food was outstanding and the staff was very friendly. I'd love to return.Special Features:
- AmazingCaydenDined on 4/12/2014The restaurant was amazing. Great food, great service. They even gave us a tour through the kitchenSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fun and goodgooddineDined on 4/5/2014We enjoyed the dinner, salad, and wine before a show at the Rose Wagner Theater, Samba show. Great show as well. thank you.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Family StyleToneDined on 4/4/2014It's nice to share food amongst family and friends. It's also nice to have a room to ourselves and not be so noisy you can't hear.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Absolutely amazing! Food wasDelishDined on 3/28/2014Absolutely amazing! Food was great, service was great also.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Wonderful Evening!bday29Dined on 3/28/2014We Loved this place! We went for our Birthday! The food was Amazing! Our service was Great! We had a Fun and Wonderful evening! We would recommend this place to anyone. Thank you for all you do!!! We will be back !Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful place - loved it!!!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 3/9/2014The food is family style and was delicious and priced right. I have gone with larger groups and then again with my family and every time the food and service were awesome. When we did not know quite the direction to go our server stepped in with wonderful suggestions that were appropriate and cost effective. Would recommend for any occasion and any group size.Special Features:
- Food was just okay...SlcgirlDined on 3/8/2014This was my first experience at the SLC location. I've always loved the look and feel of this restaurant chain, but on this I occasion I was not impressed at all with the food quality for the high price we paid for three entrees and a salad. Even with a coupon and gift card it still seemed like we spent too much for what we ordered. We all LOVED the salad, but the pasta and chicken dishes were just okay. Also, I booked our table online and the restaurant had us down for one hour later than what I scheduled (which made me feel like I had made a mistake but I double checked the confirmation and I hadn't). Anyway, we all had a good time out to eat, but knowing everyone didn't love their food kinda made the check at the end sting a bit more.Special Features:
- the waiter was really greatopamDined on 3/8/2014the waiter was really great and it was an awesome experience it was my sisters birthday and she loved i!!! thanksSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Yumminess!!!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 2/21/2014Met a couple of friends for a date night. It was wonderful! The company was the highlight but the food was fabulous too. and the dessert...delish!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome service!!!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 2/21/2014Our server Tyler was great! I brought my sister and all her friends for a bachelorette party. The food was delicious! The ambiance great! They let me decorate the table bring a cake and sparkling cider. And Tyler was so much fun and really made the evening special. Valet parking was very good and overall we had a blast thanks to bucca di bepo!!!Special Features:
- Good eatsAJAAndersonDined on 2/14/2014First time at bucca. Enjoyed the ordering style. Loved the pizza and chocolate cannoli. It was a busy night (valentines day) and the staff still managed to get us seated quickly. Waitress was friendly and helpful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very good place to eat.mtdrslDined on 2/14/2014I was in a pinch for a nice restaurant for valentines day. I got the open table app and found bucca di beppo. I had eaten there one time before and loved it then. The reservation process was a breeze and my wife and I had a very good time there. Prompt service, though the waitress was very busy, she made time for us and made sure everything was great for us. We will definitely be returning again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OkayOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 2/14/2014It was an alright experience. We were a little disappointed after it came highly recommended from a relative who lived in Italy. The "Valet" service was sketchy and when they returned our vehicle there was a parking ticket on it. The food was not as impressive as I had hoped. The main dish we ordered was the baked rigatoni which was not very flavorful and we ordered Mount Vesuvius for dessert which was drier than we would have liked. However, the Italian Wedding soup was delicious, excellent, fantastic! Their service was fast, maybe a little too rushed though since twice waiters collided sending their trays of food shattering on the floor. It seemed like perhaps they were just trying to rush as many people through as possible.Special Features:
- Fun place with so-so foodTerbugDined on 2/14/2014Although we had a reservation, we had to wait 15 minutes for our table. There was a lot of chaos in the front lobby of the restaurant with servers, hosts and greeters tripping over themselves. Our server was quite good and the meal was served promptly. The item we liked best was the Chicken Satimbocca which was very tasty. The bread was so so and the Baked Ziti was bland. The portions are huge and we took home one full meal. We waited another 15 minutes for the parking valet to fetch our car. The combined delays nearly made us late for the 8:00 symphony.Special Features:
- Great Italian Food in a Fun SettingOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/14/2014Great food and lots of it! Service was good and very helpful waitress as it was our first time to this place. Will Definitely return. Good food, big portions and fun placeSpecial Features:
- Amazing experienceJeffDined on 2/9/2014I haven't been here for many years, and decided to take my family for dinner. As soon as I walked in the door, I was immediately reminded of the wonderful dishes and very pleasant atmosphere of the restaurant. The portions were more than ample and the food was simply some of the best Italian food I've ever had. The Wait staff was courteous, knowledgeable, and helpful with suggestions for food choices.. Overall it was one of the best dining experiences I can recall and I highly recommend the establishment to anyone who enjoys Great Italian food in a wonderful ambiance. 5 stars!Special Features:
- Good but Not GreatSeekingGreatnessDined on 2/8/2014The food was okay, but could have been better. The garlic rosemary potatoes severely lacked salt, the prosciutto stuffed chicken was on the dry side and greatly lacking in both cheese & prosciutto. It was only saved by the pesto and marinara sauces served with it. The tiramisu was dry and dense; it needed to be lighter and with more complex flavors. Our waiter was nice but seemed to be in a hurry to be somewhere else. He left our table with the payment but forgot to bring back our card (and sent it back with another member of the wait staff). He offered to box up our leftovers but didn't bring all of them back (returned our little bits of remaining appetizer but not the more substantial portions of our entrée).
- DisappointingDrummersMomDined on 2/1/2014It's a fun place and the waitstaff was awesome. However, the food just wasn't all that great, especially for the price. It was expensive, and no one's bothered to each the leftovers.
- Not like it used to be...TerryDined on 2/1/2014We have been dining at Buca for years, but I don't think that will continue. The restaurant seems to have been going downhill since it was purchased by some big corporate group. All the salads are now primarily iceburg lettuce, and the entrees are generic Italian food--very average quality. I admit to being irritated by the removal of spumoni from the menu. It was fabulous when they used to have it. I do love the retrto atmosphere, and the staff always seems to be trying very hard, but that doesn't make up for the food.Special Features:
- True to its namenewtoSLCDined on 1/12/2014Buca di Beppo is great for a family or a group gathering! The atmosphere is relaxed and also vibrant, the wait staff is prompt and friendly, and the food comes fast and in large quantities. The lasagna is the best item on the menu.Special Features:
- great food, good servicedpdcDined on 12/31/2013Had a great time with a group of friends on New Year's Eve! I liked both entrees and the appetizer we ordered. Not to mention the Italian cream soda..mmmm. Great place to eat especially for groups as everything they serve is family style.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- NicePastafarianDined on 12/31/2013We had the Chicken and Sausage Ziti with a bottle of house Chianti.. was delicious and had plenty to take home and enjoy. The numerous old black and white pictures and ambience were fun. Will definitely be back again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very Good For GroupsJamesDined on 12/31/2013We had a party of 7 for New Year's Eve and had a good time at Buca. The food was very good and the environment was great for dinner before New Year's celebration. Service was a little slow, but the restaurant was very busy. Our waiter seemed uncomfortable with how boisterous some in our group were. Overall the whole experience was still very good.Special Features: