Buca di Beppo - Sacramento
1249 Howe Avenue
Sacramento, CA 95825Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
Buca di Beppo - Sacramento
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.bucadibeppo.com/
- Phone: 9169226673x
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Thursday: 11:00am - 10:00pm, Friday & Saturday: 11:00am - 11:00pm, Sunday: 11:00am - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Italian, Comfort Food
- Executive Chef: Jeff Mitchell
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Delivery, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Our full menu is available for Buca To Go and Delivery. If you're hosting a special occasion or group event at your home, office or a local area reception hall, Buca To Go or Buca Delivery is the perfect choice. Our friendly & professional staff will assist you with your order, arrange a specific pick-up time for Buca To Go or deliver your order ($25 delivery fee applies to deliveries). Plates, napkins, eating & serving utensils and condiments are included. No minimum purchase required. Please allow 3 hours for same-day delivery and call for questions/details about our delivery service area.
- Special Events: Whether you’re celebrating a special occasion, planning a business dinner or having a night out with family and friends, Buca di Beppo is your answer to one fabulous group dining experience! Buca serves authentic Italian family-style meals in an eclectic, vintage setting. Our knowledgeable staff will help organize and plan your group event or meetings with diverse lunch or dinner banquet packages - ideal for groups of 20 or more. Private and semi-private rooms are available.
A word from Buca di Beppo - Sacramento
Buca di Beppo serves authentic Italian cuisine in an eclectic, vintage setting. Our dishes are served family-style, meant to be shared by everyone at the table. Two sizes are available: BUCA SMALL feeds two or more and BUCA LARGE feeds four or more. At Buca, guests delight in our lively atmosphere, enjoy the classic tunes of Frank Sinatra and Dean Martin and admire our decor, including family photos and candid shots of Italian-American icons, such as Sophia Loren and Joe DiMaggio. Our energetic atmosphere, delicious food and friendly staff make Buca di Beppo the perfect place for great Italian food and fun.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Lunch
- Diners' Choice WinnerKid Friendly
- Diners' Choice WinnerItalian
Buca di Beppo - Sacramento - Best Restaurants in Sacramento ›
Buca di Beppo - Sacramento reviews from OpenTable diners
68 reviews since June 2, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
good for groups (55)special occasion (46)kid-friendly (33)great for lunch (24)fit for foodies (19)neighborhood gem (16)hot spot (14)romantic (12)great for brunch (7)notable wine list (6)late-night find (4)scenic view (2)Show More
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 9/28/2014I like that Buca di Beppo now does opentable. I have always like coming here to enjoy family dinners since my family is large. The family style dining is perfect for a big family and the food is good. The pizzas need a little work since it was soggy in the middle. It was also hard to use the check from opentable since they didn't know what it was and if they can use it. Had to wait 20 minutes to finally have them figure out how to use it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great find.OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/26/2014We first went to a Bucca de Beppo in Minneapolis, MN. and were delighted to finally have some really good Italian Food like my husband grew up with in New York, and that we have not been able to find outside of San Francisco. To find a Bucca de Beppo in Sacramento has been a save! It is excellent!Special Features:
- catDDined on 9/25/2014Awesome food and service. A little loud. We are never disappointed. A fun place to go.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great local eateryMarkoDined on 9/22/2014Though it's a chain it feels a lot like a back east Italian restaurant. The food is solid. The service is friendly. They were very accomadating to get us a quiet table in a side room. We go here regularly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Graduation celebrationOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/20/2014My guests for my graduation dinner was pleasantly surprised about the taste of the food and selection.Special Features:
- Great. Always.B711WardDined on 9/7/2014As usual, all items ordered were on point, everything and everyone was exactly as expected.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice Experience for a groupVVKateDined on 9/6/2014This was my first time at a Buca di Beppo restaurant - friends and family had high praise. This was a birthday celebration for three in our group. Food was good - not great. Waiter was wonderful. Ambiance was fun. Beware the wine prices. We ordered two carafes of sangria ($22 each) and a bottle of Chianti ($34) - pricing wasn't listed and/or easy to find. We're not big drinkers and the bill for the wine was almost double the food! We'd go back, but wouldn't order wine.Special Features:
- Great Service and Family DiningUniversalCADined on 9/5/2014The service Robert provided to our 12+ group was not just exceptional but also provided a stress free family dining experience. The food was delivered promptly and special requests were attended right away. Our family dining met our expectations. Thank you for having an exceptional staff and delivering quality food.Special Features:
- bucca never disappointsalekseuroDined on 8/31/2014Great place to enjoy Italy's foods & Catch up with friends :)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- This buca never disappoints!Parmesanlover2012Dined on 8/30/2014This Buca di Beppo is so good! The food is always delicious and the service, though sometimes slow due to their being very crowded, is always friendly and attentive. The food at this one is always delicious! Our favorite is the chicken parmesan. Yum!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Mealfoodie215VIPDined on 8/30/2014We were a group of 6 adults - love the family style menu, makes it easy for all to share. Server was friendly and on top of it. It was a Saturday night and restaurant was very busy. They were just extremely accomodating -- I had a coupon I forgot to use and they were able to go back and take it off the bill even after we had paid. Definitely will go back!Special Features:
- Fun for birthdaysBMachiDined on 8/29/2014We took my son here for his 8th birthday. The staff was all very attentive. It would be fun to go with a group and dine in the "Pope room".Special Features:
- Great party atmosphereMirelacdDined on 8/24/2014Celebrated my husband's birthday. Food was great. Service a little hit and miss. Server was a little too busy to attend to us perfectly. Kept forgetting to bring stuff, like lemons upon request, spoons for ice creams dessert, which btw melted in the hot plate she brought for the dessert. WE all basically slurped our dessert for the birthday party. Hollered us back from parking lot, because she forgot to pack and give my husband's souvenir glass, which came with his drink. We basically left it there, since she took for ever to come back with it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Big disappointmentJennySueDined on 8/7/2014We were stuck in the way back near the sidewalk. Service was mediocre. Food was worse. We usually go to the Roseville location. My daughter's birthday dinner was pretty lame. Won't be coming back here.
- Such fun!AfterworkfoodiesDined on 7/24/2014We have a group of co-workers that meet at Buca once a month. We all work from home so it's very special when we can get together and talk in person and honestly gripe about work with no management to over hear. We always get the window room because we tend to get loud. Our servers are always so fun and helpful too. And of course the food is always amazing and consistent.Special Features:
- The food was good.Tinker1Dined on 7/19/2014The food was good but the service sucked. Our waitress had three big groups she was serving for. Our waitress wasnt readliy available to us. It was getting kind of fustrating waiting to order refills. Then when we did put our order for our refills it took a while for her to give them to us. Then she forgot some of the drinks. It took our waitress a while to get our dessert and then to give us our check. But there was another waitress that did help. If it wasnt for her then our experience would have been much worse.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/18/2014Food was excellent as usual, however I didn't care for the spicy chiken rigatoni. Device was outstanding, over all fantastic experienceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Impressed as always!B711WardDined on 7/15/2014Had a great team meeting at the Pope's table upstairs. Not many/any others upstairs but staff was sure to stay attentive and provided the same level of service for my business group that they do for me when it's just my wife and I for a romantic dinner. As usual, THANKS BUCA!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I recommend Buca Di Beppo!GJEatsDined on 7/14/2014Great food, Great ambiance! The portion size here is incredible, when you leave, you feel like you've gotten what you paid for.Special Features:
- It was pretty goodIrishItalianGuyDined on 7/9/2014The entrees were delicious and the portions huge. The kitchen was kind of slow that night, or I'd give another star for the service. I found the cannoli filling overly sweet. I was disappointed by the lack of steamed clams on the menu. It would be great if they had sfogliatelli on the dessert menu too.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great EntreesBountyHunterDined on 7/4/2014We had the spaghetti and meatballs and penne abariatta and both were excellent. The green salad was very good also. The complimentary bread was good but it could be improved,Special Features:
- Special EventMikelDined on 7/4/2014The family likes to come here to celebrate. We all have our favorites but have no problem making selections that we will all share and enjoy family style. Its a fun place with great food. Everything was great once again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Too noisy.OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/3/2014Service was awesome. BUT the group next to us was too noisy with kids crying and screaming. Buca should not seat party groups so close to each other. We had a party of 9 and we were seated back to back to a party of probably 20 noisy people. The server could barely get through. But she kept her smile and was very patient.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love Buca MenuLooooveItalianFoodDined on 7/3/2014The food is ALWAYS 100% delicious! It was my daughters birthday, so the whole family celebrated with a meal she & the whole family will love. I was happy with all of our entrées and most of the service. The only issue being that we felt a little forgotten about sitting in the back room with the window. The hostess & server said they would bring something right over to us but we had to ask multiple times & they kept forgetting. Eventually we just got up to get it ourselves because we waited a very long time. Otherwise, everyone there was very nice.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The kitchen tableangelaDined on 6/29/2014We requested to be seated in the kitchen as it was my daughter's birthday dinner and it was FABULOUS! The chef came over multiple times to give us personal attention and we were served by every wait person in the place. She felt SOOO special! It was a bit hot in there, but absolutely worth it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Gone downhillOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/22/2014It has been a year or so since the last time we ate at Buca Di Beppo. It was disappointing, as the food was not as good as it used to be. Also, we were seated on the 2nd floor and the room temperature was unbearable. My father suffers from health problems and we almost had to leave before we finished the meal because of the temperature. We requested that the air conditioning be turned up, but the request was not granted. We will not return to Buca Di Beppo again.Special Features:
- I love the foodluvtoeatoutDined on 6/20/2014I absolutely love the food and rge service is great only complaint the waiters do not even attempt to regulate the other diners about the conversations they have. This is a family friendly restaurant and every time I come here there is that one group having inappropriate conversation with no regard for the other patrons.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Tummytalk62Dined on 6/19/2014Food was excellent, service great. Had small mishap by training server and manager immediately comped us (was not necessary). Had fun time celebrating my birthday with my family. Will definitely be recommending this eatery to my friends. Can't wait to return and try some new foods on their delicious menu.Special Features:
- Great eveningB711WardDined on 6/16/2014Always a hit with the family, coworkers, friends and anyone else who can give me a reason to BucaSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- couponunacceptableDined on 6/15/2014When u have a group and more then one has a coupon. You should allow the person with the highest bill to use the coupon which would have been myself.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Slow and SlowerRobertDined on 6/14/2014The service was slow: we never were asked about water refills, we has to get up and get our own To Go containers, we waited over 20 minutes to get our bill after even after she took our dirty dishes.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Nite , Great FoodrichcDined on 6/14/2014Loved the spicy rigatoni chicken!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Special Features:
- Buca for groupsvegasbabyvegasDined on 6/13/2014It's still one of best places to eat family-style for hearty Italian food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- HorseExpo2014HE2014Dined on 6/13/2014We requested the table in the kitchen. It was a very interesting experience. Our server was efficient, and helpfulSpecial Features:
- ExcellentCharChanDined on 6/10/2014We live in Woodland, so it is always a pleasure to enjoy the great food and enjoy the leftovers the next day.Special Features:
- An interesting place,we would returTheColonelVIPDined on 6/5/2014We started off with this lovely spritzy Italian Muscsto-nice and refreshing on this hot Sac evening. Score:"A"Then they brought this horrible bland, tasteless white bread, reminiscent of Wonder bread."D". They did bring a very nice olive oil and Balsamico. Next came this superb Frutti Di Mare in red sauce and linguini chock full of all kinds of seafood as good as any upscale Italian restaurant.Very tasty! "A+ We also ordered roasted red potatoes with rosemary, a lovely dish, lightly dusted with parmigiano, garlic, black pepper. lastly we had Caesar salad."A"This one is a rather unimaginative pre made with many important ingredients left out including anchovies which isn't even possible to add them"C". Some really good things some not so.Special Features:
- Bravo BucaIlovetoeatoutDined on 6/2/2014When my sister, who recently relocated to Sacramento from San Francisco, accepted my dinner invitation saying she'd like Italian, I know exactly where to take her--Buca di Beppo. Being her first visit, she enjoyed everything--from the wall pictures and photos to the ample sized entrees to the to-die-for desserts. Service was fast and relaxed, and the meal was yummy. Yes, we shall return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 406 reviews are from the Buca di Beppo - Sacramento reviews archive.
- Good ItalianGabeDined on 6/2/2014This place was good. The waiter was a bit forgetful. He forgot our lemons for our water, and he did not deduct the $5 from our bill. Overall, it was my girlfriend's and I fourth time coming there. We regularly get the family style plates and share. Shrimp Florentine is the dish I recommend trying.Special Features:
- Love this placeLavoice1Dined on 5/28/2014Had a good experience I love how it was baby friendly not many restaurants have booster seats so that a toddler can sit at the table appose to a high chair, I recommend the meat balls, spicy rigatoni, buca salad and for drinks their sangria white or red are very refreshing I never have enough room for dessert because of the portions, always have left oversSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lots to choose from; big portions!FlashDined on 5/26/2014We were in the mood for Italian and it had been a while since we've been to one of these restaurants, first time to this location. I read that the small size was fit for 2 or more people so we knew we'd have leftovers. We orders smalls of the lasagna, baked ziti, spaghetti w/ 1/2 lb. meatballs, chicken parmigiana, and cheese manicotti. All were tasty. I thought the price for the meatballs was a little steep and it would have been nice for the bread to have been served warm instead of cold but otherwise, we will definitely be going back.Special Features: