Buca di Beppo - Redondo Beach
1670 South Pacific Coast Highway
Redondo Beach, CA 90277Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
Buca di Beppo - Redondo Beach
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.bucadibeppo.com/
- Phone: (310) 540-3246
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Thursday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday: 4:00pm - 11:00pm, Saturday: 11:00am - 11:00pm, Sunday: 11:00am - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Italian, Comfort Food
- Executive Chef: Hugo Gutierrez
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Delivery, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Our full menu is available for Buca To Go and Delivery. If you're hosting a special occasion or group event at your home, office or a local area reception hall, Buca To Go or Buca Delivery is the perfect choice. Our friendly & professional staff will assist you with your order, arrange a specific pick-up time for Buca To Go or deliver your order ($25 delivery fee applies to deliveries). Plates, napkins, eating & serving utensils and condiments are included. No minimum purchase required. Please allow 3 hours for same-day delivery and call for questions/details about our delivery service area.
- Special Events: Whether you’re celebrating a special occasion, planning a business dinner or having a night out with family and friends, Buca di Beppo is your answer to one fabulous group dining experience! Buca serves authentic Italian family-style meals in an eclectic, vintage setting. Our knowledgeable staff will help organize and plan your group event or meetings with diverse lunch or dinner banquet packages - ideal for groups of 20 or more. Private and semi-private rooms are available.
A word from Buca di Beppo - Redondo Beach
Buca di Beppo serves authentic Italian cuisine in an eclectic, vintage setting. Our dishes are served family-style, meant to be shared by everyone at the table. Two sizes are available: BUCA SMALL feeds two or more and BUCA LARGE feeds four or more. At Buca, guests delight in our lively atmosphere, enjoy the classic tunes of Frank Sinatra and Dean Martin and admire our decor, including family photos and candid shots of Italian-American icons, such as Sophia Loren and Joe DiMaggio. Our energetic atmosphere, delicious food and friendly staff make Buca di Beppo the perfect place for great Italian food and fun.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerKid Friendly
- Diners' Choice WinnerSpecial Occasion
Buca di Beppo - Redondo Beach - Best Restaurants in Redondo Beach ›
Buca di Beppo - Redondo Beach reviews from OpenTable diners
42 reviews since July 23, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelEnergetic
good for groups (31)kid-friendly (26)special occasion (22)great for lunch (8)fit for foodies (7)great for brunch (4)late-night find (3)neighborhood gem (3)hot spot (2)romantic (2)scenic view (1)notable wine list (1)Show More
- SUV4DMBDined on 11/15/2014Cocktails were not that great, but the food was good. You have to order the pizza and Ceasar salad. I will say they were very good at making sure we were happy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great place for large groupsRedondoLaurieDined on 10/28/2014We've been to Buca di Beppo before, generally for birthday celebrations. It's a great place for large groups. They have the tables to accommodate and the family style dishes provide lots of food without breaking the budget. The food is good and there's a wide variety to choose from so everyone was happy. The service was excellent - our waitress was very attentive and checked in on us multiple times throughout the meal. All the servers in general were very upbeat and friendly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always fun!BarbaraDined on 10/22/2014Fun for birthday party for a large group. Family style portions large! The fryer was not working the night we dined, but who needs that anyway! Service was great!Special Features:
- AwesomeHafpint1Dined on 10/19/2014Went for my birthday, loved this place! Cute, fun and delicious! Good prices! We will be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExcellentCaroldelgDined on 10/13/2014This is the first time we had sat in the bar because I requested a booth for 5 people. It was nice and peaceful. Normally in the main dining room the noise level is at it's highest so it was nice to be able to converse without yelling or screaming little ones.Special Features:
- ChartHouseDined on 10/3/2014This place is perfect for a big group seeking a family style dinner. The food was delicious and great services.Special Features:
- Delicious foodOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/28/2014If you have a large party or are just hungry Buca is a great place to eat. All of their food and desserts are super delicious. You can't go wrong with Italian food especially when you can get Small or Large portions.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great foodMezaDined on 9/24/2014Let me start first with the parking wonderful my two daughters love it and my wife makes them feel special.when we enter Buca di Beppo there a lot too look at and for me that is great cause I like to go to places that are different love all the pictures and food and the people that make it happen thank you for the wonderful service see you soon..Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Quality ItalianSeafoodluvrDined on 9/20/2014Ever since Buca re-introduced veal to the menu, we keep coming back, despite the continual service problems (not enough support for the servers) and the noise level. The dishes are well prepared, particularly the veal dishes, the pasta always beautifully cooked (slightly more than al dente). Presentation is lovely. We find the cocktail portions to be undersized for their prices. The huge brownie sundae in the giant martini glass is a family favorite.Special Features:
- Delicious and fun...LoulaDined on 9/20/2014Celebrated a 21st birthday! Lots of great food (left-overs yum), wine and lively singing for the birthday girl.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/11/2014Dirty. There was food under our table and chairs from the previous party, when they sat us.Special Features:
- saturday night family dinner.OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/6/2014The perfect place for a sat night family dinner, amazing service from the freindly staff! yeah its a bit loud but we have little kids so its perfect for us, we don't have to worry if they get a bit rambunctious. The food was good, tons of flavor and portions plus the kids loved the spaghetti and meatballs, can't go wrong. Try the Mussels Marinara, so good!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FoodieDined on 8/30/2014We selected the Redondo Beach, ca location since the birthday girl wanted very casual and a place that took reservations. The dishes are served style. NOTE: FAMILY SIZE PORTIONS so order the small size on everything unless you have more then 6 people or 4 big eaters. The food was ok. Parking at this location is pretty much VALET unless you have early reservations and can find parking away from the strip mall.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/22/2014I love this place, drinks are really good. I was upset that there was no more lasagna. But overall a good experience.
- night outladymorgaineDined on 8/16/2014the food was good, service was good however, it was too loud and distracting - better place for parties and suchSpecial Features:
- I love this place, but...JennKinselDined on 8/16/2014I recently came here for a birthday celebration, and it was not what I was used to with Bucca. I made a reservation and they did not have it when we got there. When they finally sat us, 20 minutes after my reservation, they sat us at a table made for 4 when we had 6. With several requests, we were finally moved to a bigger table. The waiter took a partial drink order and the first drink did not show up for about 15 minutes. Most of our food arrived before my drink arrived. The waiter did not stop by too many times to check in. When it was time for the birthday song, we were brought the candle holder, with such small candles on it, while every one else had these huge candles. This may all seem petty, but its not. Not a great experience.Special Features:
- Family style offers good portions.openmindDined on 8/7/2014My family likes Buca mainly because the spaghetti is good and a "s2 kids,mall" serving is enough for 2 adults andSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good FoodfoodloverDined on 8/1/2014I liked it that the food wasn't very salty like other Italian restaurant chains.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- buca ruined my husbads birthdayworstexperienceatbucaDined on 7/25/2014We found hair in our food! the staff was rude about it. We asked to speak to the manager and he was also rude, and was unprofessional about it. He never apologized for what happened never offered to replace the food. Worst customer service ever! The staff was so rude we ended up leaving without eating. They ruined my husband's birthday! it was the worst experience! How embarrassing we had a party of 10.
- The following 275 reviews are from the Buca di Beppo - Redondo Beach reviews archive.
- Tasty Food, slow ServiceManhattanBchGuyDined on 7/19/2014The food was good as always and the portions for sharing are big (even the small size). Our waiter was good but the food coming out of the kitchen was a little slow but the taste made up for the wait. The Bruschetta is very good though I wished they served it with Balsamic. We had a great time so I really can't complain too much. I keep going back so that says something.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Early Dinner Find!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/19/2014We had a gift certificate, it helped with the bill... Everything else was fantastic & we'd go back in a heartbeat!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Our vist to the Bucagreat2lunchDined on 7/13/2014We went Sunday after church. A group of six(6) adults. We had a great time, outstanding service great food and to much food. We took home left overs. This was My wife and I second time at this restaurant and we were not disappointed . Looking forward to returningSpecial Features:
- Buca is The BestVanyoussDined on 7/5/2014I always go to Buca Di Beppo located in Redondo because it's the closest one and also because they have great Italian food. The last time I went with my wife the waitress didn't accept the coupon I have which was $20 off. I already ordred a large Entrée and a Pizza + salad.Special Features:
- Bad communication with Open TableOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/5/2014Made reservation for 7 people and showed up the restaurant and they tried to seat us at two separate tables. I blame both the restaurant and open table. They didn't have any other tables to accommodate our party. Finally, the manager said he could seat us if we would be gone within an hour. What a joke, both open table and bucca.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Italian FoodOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/21/2014Food was great, service wonderful, a bit too noisy however.Special Features:
- Great food!ByrnenDined on 6/17/2014Excellent server. Great food. Love the Redondo Beach location. One little snag, manager (Mike) needs to be more social and friendly. I had a little issue and he seemed like it was an inconvenience for him! Wish he had better People skills.Manager's are there to make your experience a pleasure. Other than that Wounderful celebration with family and friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- What about that parkingValidation101Dined on 6/15/2014I like the restaurant but the parking situation makes me rethink my decision to have the family go there for Fathers Day. I spent 375 dollars on diner and was very upset that I had to pay for parking on three vehicles. I feel Buca is showing their greedy side by charging their customers a parking fee.Special Features:
- FoodiefamilyOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/15/2014We enjoyed the family style eating. It's great to try several different items on a menu instead of having to pick just one. Our server was amazing. Anticipated our needs, gave great ordering advice & was quick and efficient. I wish we caught her name...Special Features:
- Buca di BeppoPseudoBeatDined on 6/15/2014Tomato-based sauces are very flavorful. House bread only available by request. Mushroom appetizer preparation is underwhelming. Valet parking is a must at the Redondo Beach location.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- So happyOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/8/2014I was so very happy that Buca Di Beppo was able to accommodate my large party even at the last minute. The food was great and so was our service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Celebration timeToothfairyDined on 6/5/2014Buca is a great place for celebrating special occasions with a group. We were a party of 8 celebrating a birthday. The restaurant was completely packed with graduation parties also. Our waiter was helpful by letting us know when we should place our orders so we wouldn't get stuck waiting forever behind a party of 140!!! I was impressed that our waiter was able to be efficient and courteous with all the commotion around!Special Features:
- Service was fantasticHaneboDined on 5/16/2014I've never experienced such great service for a large group. They got everything right the first time and our server Troy was always right there when drinks needed to be refilled. Troy was really friendly and concerned that we had everything we wanted/needed to make our evening great.Special Features:
- Dinner CelebrationOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 5/16/2014The service that I received over the phone while making reservations was great. They were very friendly and accommodating. On the day of our reservation I had to change the time for one hour later. The hostess that I spoke to said it was fine, and that it worked out better. Our reservation was at 8:45pm, but we didn't get seated until 9:20-9:30pm. That part was the most disappointing, because obviously that's a late night dinner especially when you have kids. The "manager" also saw my note right before we were going to be seated that I didn't want to be seated next to the kitchen and of course our table was "right next to the kitchen". At that point we just wanted to be seated.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Buca againBobbyDined on 5/14/2014We have been regulars at Buca for many years for special family occasions. We always have a great time and the food is delicious.Special Features:
- mothers day dinnerlovepopDined on 5/11/2014Went great bust cause of holiday waiter was great and treated us wellSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great!W181624VIPDined on 5/11/2014The food was made just as orders. I forgot the name of the salad but it comes with walnuts. I must say it is up there with the best salads I have ever had. Manicotti was also good. When I asked for a sangria the waiter asked for white or red. I told him I have never had a white sangria. He brought me a sample of each. Good thing too because I like the red one but the white is a new favorite.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice place for mothers dayOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/11/2014It was my first time at this location. I like they took care of us as soon as we walked in and the service was exceptional.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mother's Day LunchcmlkaleeDined on 5/11/2014Buca was a great place for our large family (19 and growing!) It was a warm day, so the patio seating area was also warm, but the food and service was great!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday celebrationBirthday19Dined on 5/9/2014We always go to buca's for birthdays and special occasions. The food is always awesome. The service is almost always spot on, upbeat and fun. This visit was an exception to the rule. The server seemed disinterested and distracted. The food came out with big gaps in between. She seemed annoyed that we consumed so much water, then it took forever to bring out the cakes we had brought . I would understand if it was busy, but it wasn't. In fact, it was the most empty I have ever seen this restaurant. She was so in attentive that even though I placed the order for the group, she put the check down by the birthday boy, at the other end of the table-I believe she saw me go get the check, I paid,yet she brought the receipt back to my son.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Girls Night OutOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 4/25/2014A few of my coworkers and I have visited this Buca di Beppo twice now. Each time we've had a great experience. The servers are very friendly and enjoy joking around and having a good time.Special Features: