Buca di Beppo - Pittsburgh - Station Square
3 Station Square
Pittsburgh, PA 15219Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
Buca di Beppo - Pittsburgh - Station Square
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.bucadibeppo.com/
- Phone: 4124719463x
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Thursday: 11:00am - 10:00pm, Friday & Saturday: 11:00am - 11:00pm, Sunday: 11:00am - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Italian, Comfort Food
- Executive Chef: Joby Morgan
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Our full menu is available for Buca To Go and Delivery. If you're hosting a special occasion or group event at your home, office or a local area reception hall, Buca To Go or Buca Delivery is the perfect choice. Our friendly & professional staff will assist you with your order, arrange a specific pick-up time for Buca To Go or deliver your order ($25 delivery fee applies to deliveries). Plates, napkins, eating & serving utensils and condiments are included. No minimum purchase required. Please allow 3 hours for same-day delivery and call for questions/details about our delivery service area.
- Special Events: Whether you’re celebrating a special occasion, planning a business dinner or having a night out with family and friends, Buca di Beppo is your answer to one fabulous group dining experience! Buca serves authentic Italian family-style meals in an eclectic, vintage setting. Our knowledgeable staff will help organize and plan your group event or meetings with diverse lunch or dinner banquet packages - ideal for groups of 20 or more. Private and semi-private rooms are available.
A word from Buca di Beppo - Pittsburgh - Station Square
Buca di Beppo serves authentic Italian cuisine in an eclectic, vintage setting. Our dishes are served family-style, meant to be shared by everyone at the table. Two sizes are available: BUCA SMALL feeds two or more and BUCA LARGE feeds four or more. At Buca, guests delight in our lively atmosphere, enjoy the classic tunes of Frank Sinatra and Dean Martin and admire our decor, including family photos and candid shots of Italian-American icons, such as Sophia Loren and Joe DiMaggio. Our energetic atmosphere, delicious food and friendly staff make Buca di Beppo the perfect place for great Italian food and fun.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerItalian
Buca di Beppo - Pittsburgh - Station Square - Best Restaurants in Downtown ›
Buca di Beppo - Pittsburgh - Station Square reviews from OpenTable diners
89 reviews since July 3, 2014
- Ambiance3.8Noise LevelModerate
good for groups (66)special occasion (40)kid-friendly (30)fit for foodies (18)neighborhood gem (14)romantic (13)great for outdoor dining (9)great for lunch (9)hot spot (8)late-night find (7)notable wine list (7)scenic view (3)great for brunch (3)Show More
- Standard ItalianFoodie2Dined on 10/25/2014Great place for groups. Can find something on the menu for everyone. Service was good and they were very accommodating.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- as expectedLizzDined on 10/24/2014I had not vnever been to Bucca but I am not big on going out for Italian food since it's so easy to make. Drinks were very expensive and food was pricey considering it's nothing special but nothing was bad. Everything tasted good and service was good but it definitely won't become a regular spot.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday Celebration DinnerHungryManDined on 10/18/2014The food overall was very good. We liked some things better than others. The price seemed a bit steep though for the quality...nothing blew us away or justified the $30+ price tag for a large portion. The drinks were very overpriced. We went with a group of 10, made reservations a week in advanced, and still ended up with 2 separate tables beside each other, making it very hard to enjoy the family style dining they offer.Special Features:
- Favorite Italian Restaurant!!foodmavenDined on 10/18/2014Love this place...best Italian food in Pittsburgh!! Chicken Parmesan can't be beat! Large portions, family style...amazing food! You won't be disappointed!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- wonderful servicekimmyniblerDined on 10/15/2014My boyfriend's parents were in from out of town. It was the first time his parents met my parents. We had a wonderful and the waitress was wonderful. My mom is a waitress and kept raving about ours. We ordered a couple different plates and the waitress was very helpful. Our chicken prosciutto was burnt but she took it and another one came out very quickly and was delicious. I was really nervous for everyone to meet but it was a wonderful time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AccommodatingVegeterianfriendlyDined on 10/12/2014The specific food we ordered was split into different plates because of my daughter being a vegetarian. We wanted the meat separate from the pasta. The server was very accommodating to our requests.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food. Expensive wine.dine4pleasureDined on 10/10/2014Very attractive and amusing decor. You may need to wait a couple minutes for a greeter to appear. Good service otherwise.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Yummy family dining.Yummy4allDined on 10/10/2014Great family dining. Great portions and friendly service. Spacious booths - we will definitely go back againSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- dinner meetinggolfergirlDined on 10/6/2014Pittsburgh Buca has been great for our small board meetings for the EWGA.Special Features:
- Special PlaceCookingQueenDined on 10/5/2014I love coming to Buca di Beppo! The food is awesome and the atmosphere is wonderful! I find myself craving the Apple Gongonzola Salad and hope they never take that off the menu.Special Features:
- Way too noisyGoshenNYDined on 10/4/2014The last two times I have gone there while visiting our son at PITT, the room they put us in was a zoo. Last time it was a few very misbehaving kids that ruined the place for everyone else. This time they put us in a small room in the back, and in came a party of about 15 high school age girls who were so loud, everyone was complaining. However the staff did absolutely nothing to try to get them to lower the noise. It is much quieter at a One Direction concert !Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not great celebration2manyissuesDined on 10/4/2014It began in a room where (after some checking) the air conditioning unit was stuck on. We were asked if we wanted free apps to warm us up until someone was coming to check that unit. No thank you. We asked to be moved. Manager said he would check to see if there was a place. So from the third floor to the first, and right next to the waitress/waiter station where the constant clanging/banging of dishes made our visit almost intolerable. I'm surprised the dishes withstood the treatment...although we did return a plate with large chips around the edges. Our waitress was wonderful, but that didn't outweigh the atmosphere where we were sitting. In an earlier phone call, I was suggested portion sizes to order. Too much; could have saved money.Special Features:
- Romper Room ambiencelillipaniniDined on 10/4/2014I've been to this Buca many times, so I completely get that this isn't a white tablecloth restaurant where folks speak in hushed tones. I wasn't however prepared for the Chucky Cheese like environment. A pre teen girl, her mom and a half dozen girlfriends screeched, "cheered," and played loud games of patty cake all through dinner. The managers response was not to ask them to tone it down, but to let it ride and offer us a free appetizer. Between the girls and the women drinking and screeching in the booth next to us, we literally couldnt have a conversation without screaming. We'll be talking about the sheer badness of the evening for years. And btw, I've never given a restaurant a bad review before now. It was that bad.
- Another Great Buca Evening!SkipGDined on 10/3/2014We travel to Pittsburgh each year for a convention and always make a point to dine at Buca di Beppo with a group of friends. We had reservations for 7:00, but our group of five arrived at the restaurant about 45 minutes early and starving. The hostess seated us right away and we wasted no time ordering appetizers. With that done, we set about choosing our dinner entrees (always a challenge, given the many wonderful selections from which to choose). We did finally agree on our order and let the family-style feasting begin! The food and service were simply wonderful and we had a most enjoyable evening. We will be back next year!!!Special Features:
- KterryDined on 9/27/2014Bucca de Beppo restaurant is good for parties and occassions. Nothing outstanding. Friendly waitress but we were seated in the bar. Had we known the layout, ahead, we would have requested another table. The salad was quite good, pasta just OK. Drinks very highly priced but then, you are at Station Square, tourist mecca of Pittsburgh. We would try another place next time. Fun for kids.Special Features:
- Excellent MealOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/27/2014The portions were so big that we had another meal for the two of us from the left overs! Great dessert menu and overall wonderful atmosphere! Definitely will be returning to try more dishes.Special Features:
- Great Family Get-TogetherOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 9/27/2014Staff was friendly and helpful, great service overall! A bit crowded, very busy, but we were well taken care of.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- KitKateDined on 9/21/2014Love the food. A lot of TLC in prep of the food. Great portions.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good Service but Lousy FoodciaoDined on 9/20/2014Very nice serving staff - very friendly and attentive. Food is awful even if priced reasonable.Special Features:
- Great Dinner!Pghmommy123Dined on 9/20/2014We went here for my birthday with my two young children. It was great! The atmosphere was nice and the server was excellent. The good was very good and this is an excellent place for a family!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food Great ServiceTrytoDineDined on 9/20/2014Wonderful menu with a variety of choices. Unique atmosphere, enjoyed the black and white pictures of days gone by. Excellent service. Waitress took care of all our needs, checked with us numerous times. Food was amazing!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dissatisfied with serviceJewelzDined on 9/13/2014Had reservation.Took 15 minutes to get seated.Served burnt bruschetta.Waited forever for food, one entree was spaghetti & meatballs, we were served spaghetti with sauce.Never got basket of Italian bread until finished.2nd time there.1st experience was with group of 12 &looked forward to returning.I made reservations for myself and significant other for and was quite ashamed&embarrassed after boasting about my prior experience. My bill was $100.Don't think I'll be returning unless with a large group.Seems like customers are catered to if there's a large party or Caucasian. Appeared to be a racial thing.People without reservation got seated first.What was the purpose of the registration?It wasn't crowded.Special Features:
- SERVERSSNOOKS1Dined on 9/13/2014Our servers were excellent . . . Very attentive and anticipated needs before needed! lol We really appreciated their service to our group . . . Also, the music was somewhat loud in our room - when I asked if it could be turned down, it was done promptly. All in all a great experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Ok food but....JCP3Dined on 9/12/2014Food and service good for a chain restaurant. Met all our expectations, close to our hotel and no waiting but a major cold draft at our table and after asking to move to another table since the dining room was empty, just one other table, nothing was done. We ate fast and left. Shame because it was an ok meal and serviceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Family Stylepasta2passDined on 9/5/2014Can't beat the selection and sharing sizes for a family style celebration feast.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Buca experienceWheelsDined on 8/31/2014Our server was excellent - he was attentive, explained everything well, was very accommodating. The food was good and there was plenty of it. We all had extra to take home. The negative of our experience- I made a reservation ahead of time and indicated that one of the diners was in a wheelchair. Instead of seating us on the first floor, we had to take a very small elevator to the third floor and the pathway to our table was not very wheelchair accessible . I would not recommend this restaurant as"Wheelchair accessible" . Also, we were placed in a room with a large party including children -very noisy in that small area. I would recommend this restaurant for the food, and if you do not have special needs, the ambiance can be fun.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OK food.MichelleVIPDined on 8/29/2014Quality not as good as I remembered. Almost feels like italian fast food.Special Features:
- touristsbeacgDined on 8/27/2014Excellent place to take tourist seeing Pittsburgh for the first time. Your four forty coupon was an added bonus. Our waitress was outstanding. our tourSpecial Features:
- Ice Cold TableGrammykDined on 8/24/2014I had requested to be seated in the bar area in the booth. This is where my husband and I usually sit for an early dinner or late lunch. The table we were seated at was on the other wall that where we normally sit. There were two air vents directly above us. We were all freezing. I had a light jacket and put that on, it was still cold. My cousin was freezing. We asked our waiter if the air vents could be closed or turned down. He said this is a frequent complaint for this table, very common for customers to be uncomfortable. He said he had talked several times to the manager about not seating customers at this particular table. There were no other booths were could move to. It is a shame because we enjoy the food so much.Special Features:
- Great foodLynnDined on 8/19/2014The food was great, wonderful taste. The place was cozy. Had a welcome coupon that made the price spectacular.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Long wait.bucaDined on 8/17/2014I have to start by saying that I love idea of family style Italian dining. We took a large group of 12 to lunch on a Sunday and it took over 2 hours to order and eat (and we didn't order dessert!) Needless to say we spent more of the afternoon sitting in the restaurant than walking Pittsburgh and seeing the sights. I mean honestly, scooping family-sized portions of pasta into a bowl to share doesn't take 2 hrs at my house! To top it off, we gave our teenage cousin a birthday card with $20 in it and he forgot it at the restaurant. When we called back to say it was left sitting on the table, of course no one was able to find it.Special Features:
- AmazingTinaDined on 8/15/2014I went for a birthday dinner with my boyfriend. The food was amazing the staff was friendly and helpful. The restaraunt itself reminded me of the 1950's or a place the gentlemen in goodfellas would hang out. I loved it. The vibe bar staff and set up were very cool aswell including the bathrooms! One of a kind place with a very original taste in decor and art. Good humorous vibe. Food was the best quality and taste. The coupons I received were also a great deal. Since it was my birthday I got the free sundae and it was also huge and delicious. Plenty of leftover pasta for me to enjoy for another day aswell!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/13/2014Took a hour to get our food. Took 20 minutes to get our drinks. And they were not busy at all!
- AmazingMountaineer123Dined on 8/11/2014The food was great and there was enought to share! It is a great place if your looking for great Italian food!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/10/2014Server was pushy. rushed us through our salad in the attempt to clear the table.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/9/2014I'm glad you asked. We have been to Bucca several times. On Saturday, Aug 9th I printed a $10.00 coupon off the Bucca web site. When we tried to use it Bucca told me it was an expired coupon & we couldn't use it. Why would you put a coupon on the web site if it was expired????Special Features:
- PricyPennypincherDined on 8/3/2014The food was good, but not good enough for the price!!!
- Awful food...overpricedMoosejulDined on 8/2/2014This restaurant needs to be updated and thoroughly cleaned, it felt older and musty. The food was overpriced even for their family style dishes. Our salad had almost an entire onion cut into it!! Our kids' spaghetti dishes were half the size of our dishes for only a fraction of the price. Would not recommend this place.
- good food, x-large portionsSizeVIPDined on 7/30/2014If you love quantity this is the place for you and your family, friends, their friends and acquaintances to eat just ordering the small portions. Tira Misu desert was enough to feed 6 people sufficiently sized portions - and it tasted good. Missed the expresso on the bottom because it was so big. Food was fresh and tasted good. Chix Marsala was very sweet.Special Features:
- Join the eClubOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 7/29/2014The place is fun, and the portions are okay, but hardly the sizes they claim to feed. Your best bet is to join the eClub, and wait for a coupon. We dined last night, and our service was great. Mel took great care of us, and was very prompt and friendly. The food is okay, but nothing more than American-Italian food in larger portions. The Lasagna was enough for two of us to eat our fill, with some leftovers for lunch, and that was a large, which is for 4 or more people...and one of the people was a 75 year old woman. You can't judge this place against other Italian on Open Table, as it is not upscale. Its just a glorified Olive Garden, but at a higher price point. Not bad, just not great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.