Buca di Beppo - Pittsburgh - Station Square
3 Station Square
Pittsburgh, PA 15219Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
Buca di Beppo - Pittsburgh - Station Square
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.bucadibeppo.com/
- Phone: 4124719463x
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Thursday: 11:00am - 10:00pm, Friday & Saturday: 11:00am - 11:00pm, Sunday: 11:00am - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Italian, Comfort Food
- Executive Chef: Joby Morgan
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Our full menu is available for Buca To Go and Delivery. If you're hosting a special occasion or group event at your home, office or a local area reception hall, Buca To Go or Buca Delivery is the perfect choice. Our friendly & professional staff will assist you with your order, arrange a specific pick-up time for Buca To Go or deliver your order ($25 delivery fee applies to deliveries). Plates, napkins, eating & serving utensils and condiments are included. No minimum purchase required. Please allow 3 hours for same-day delivery and call for questions/details about our delivery service area.
- Special Events: Whether you’re celebrating a special occasion, planning a business dinner or having a night out with family and friends, Buca di Beppo is your answer to one fabulous group dining experience! Buca serves authentic Italian family-style meals in an eclectic, vintage setting. Our knowledgeable staff will help organize and plan your group event or meetings with diverse lunch or dinner banquet packages - ideal for groups of 20 or more. Private and semi-private rooms are available.
A word from Buca di Beppo - Pittsburgh - Station Square
Buca di Beppo serves authentic Italian cuisine in an eclectic, vintage setting. Our dishes are served family-style, meant to be shared by everyone at the table. Two sizes are available: BUCA SMALL feeds two or more and BUCA LARGE feeds four or more. At Buca, guests delight in our lively atmosphere, enjoy the classic tunes of Frank Sinatra and Dean Martin and admire our decor, including family photos and candid shots of Italian-American icons, such as Sophia Loren and Joe DiMaggio. Our energetic atmosphere, delicious food and friendly staff make Buca di Beppo the perfect place for great Italian food and fun.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerItalian
Buca di Beppo - Pittsburgh - Station Square - Best Restaurants in Downtown ›
Buca di Beppo - Pittsburgh - Station Square reviews from OpenTable diners
75 reviews since May 24, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelModerate
good for groups (55)special occasion (39)kid-friendly (27)fit for foodies (16)romantic (11)neighborhood gem (11)great for lunch (10)hot spot (9)great for outdoor dining (8)late-night find (8)notable wine list (7)scenic view (3)great for brunch (3)vibrant bar scene (1)Show More
- Dissatisfied with serviceJewelzDined on 9/13/2014Had reservation.Took 15 minutes to get seated.Served burnt bruschetta.Waited forever for food, one entree was spaghetti & meatballs, we were served spaghetti with sauce.Never got basket of Italian bread until finished.2nd time there.1st experience was with group of 12 &looked forward to returning.I made reservations for myself and significant other for and was quite ashamed&embarrassed after boasting about my prior experience. My bill was $100.Don't think I'll be returning unless with a large group.Seems like customers are catered to if there's a large party or Caucasian. Appeared to be a racial thing.People without reservation got seated first.What was the purpose of the registration?It wasn't crowded.Special Features:
- SERVERSSNOOKS1Dined on 9/13/2014Our servers were excellent . . . Very attentive and anticipated needs before needed! lol We really appreciated their service to our group . . . Also, the music was somewhat loud in our room - when I asked if it could be turned down, it was done promptly. All in all a great experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Ok food but....JCP3Dined on 9/12/2014Food and service good for a chain restaurant. Met all our expectations, close to our hotel and no waiting but a major cold draft at our table and after asking to move to another table since the dining room was empty, just one other table, nothing was done. We ate fast and left. Shame because it was an ok meal and serviceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Family Stylepasta2passDined on 9/5/2014Can't beat the selection and sharing sizes for a family style celebration feast.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Buca experienceWheelsDined on 8/31/2014Our server was excellent - he was attentive, explained everything well, was very accommodating. The food was good and there was plenty of it. We all had extra to take home. The negative of our experience- I made a reservation ahead of time and indicated that one of the diners was in a wheelchair. Instead of seating us on the first floor, we had to take a very small elevator to the third floor and the pathway to our table was not very wheelchair accessible . I would not recommend this restaurant as"Wheelchair accessible" . Also, we were placed in a room with a large party including children -very noisy in that small area. I would recommend this restaurant for the food, and if you do not have special needs, the ambiance can be fun.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- touristsbeacgDined on 8/27/2014Excellent place to take tourist seeing Pittsburgh for the first time. Your four forty coupon was an added bonus. Our waitress was outstanding. our tourSpecial Features:
- Ice Cold TableGrammykDined on 8/24/2014I had requested to be seated in the bar area in the booth. This is where my husband and I usually sit for an early dinner or late lunch. The table we were seated at was on the other wall that where we normally sit. There were two air vents directly above us. We were all freezing. I had a light jacket and put that on, it was still cold. My cousin was freezing. We asked our waiter if the air vents could be closed or turned down. He said this is a frequent complaint for this table, very common for customers to be uncomfortable. He said he had talked several times to the manager about not seating customers at this particular table. There were no other booths were could move to. It is a shame because we enjoy the food so much.Special Features:
- Great foodLynnDined on 8/19/2014The food was great, wonderful taste. The place was cozy. Had a welcome coupon that made the price spectacular.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Long wait.bucaDined on 8/17/2014I have to start by saying that I love idea of family style Italian dining. We took a large group of 12 to lunch on a Sunday and it took over 2 hours to order and eat (and we didn't order dessert!) Needless to say we spent more of the afternoon sitting in the restaurant than walking Pittsburgh and seeing the sights. I mean honestly, scooping family-sized portions of pasta into a bowl to share doesn't take 2 hrs at my house! To top it off, we gave our teenage cousin a birthday card with $20 in it and he forgot it at the restaurant. When we called back to say it was left sitting on the table, of course no one was able to find it.Special Features:
- AmazingTinaDined on 8/15/2014I went for a birthday dinner with my boyfriend. The food was amazing the staff was friendly and helpful. The restaraunt itself reminded me of the 1950's or a place the gentlemen in goodfellas would hang out. I loved it. The vibe bar staff and set up were very cool aswell including the bathrooms! One of a kind place with a very original taste in decor and art. Good humorous vibe. Food was the best quality and taste. The coupons I received were also a great deal. Since it was my birthday I got the free sundae and it was also huge and delicious. Plenty of leftover pasta for me to enjoy for another day aswell!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/13/2014Took a hour to get our food. Took 20 minutes to get our drinks. And they were not busy at all!
- AmazingMountaineer123Dined on 8/11/2014The food was great and there was enought to share! It is a great place if your looking for great Italian food!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/10/2014Server was pushy. rushed us through our salad in the attempt to clear the table.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/9/2014I'm glad you asked. We have been to Bucca several times. On Saturday, Aug 9th I printed a $10.00 coupon off the Bucca web site. When we tried to use it Bucca told me it was an expired coupon & we couldn't use it. Why would you put a coupon on the web site if it was expired????Special Features:
- PricyPennypincherDined on 8/3/2014The food was good, but not good enough for the price!!!
- Awful food...overpricedMoosejulDined on 8/2/2014This restaurant needs to be updated and thoroughly cleaned, it felt older and musty. The food was overpriced even for their family style dishes. Our salad had almost an entire onion cut into it!! Our kids' spaghetti dishes were half the size of our dishes for only a fraction of the price. Would not recommend this place.
- good food, x-large portionsSizeVIPDined on 7/30/2014If you love quantity this is the place for you and your family, friends, their friends and acquaintances to eat just ordering the small portions. Tira Misu desert was enough to feed 6 people sufficiently sized portions - and it tasted good. Missed the expresso on the bottom because it was so big. Food was fresh and tasted good. Chix Marsala was very sweet.Special Features:
- Join the eClubOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 7/29/2014The place is fun, and the portions are okay, but hardly the sizes they claim to feed. Your best bet is to join the eClub, and wait for a coupon. We dined last night, and our service was great. Mel took great care of us, and was very prompt and friendly. The food is okay, but nothing more than American-Italian food in larger portions. The Lasagna was enough for two of us to eat our fill, with some leftovers for lunch, and that was a large, which is for 4 or more people...and one of the people was a 75 year old woman. You can't judge this place against other Italian on Open Table, as it is not upscale. Its just a glorified Olive Garden, but at a higher price point. Not bad, just not great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great for a Crowd15forDinnerDined on 7/27/2014We were a party of 15 ranging in ages from 7 to 87! The restaurant had something for everyone of us. We chose the caprese appetizer and the mozzarella triangles as appetizers and they were delicious. Our entrees were plentiful and everyone especially loved the eggplant parm and the chicken saltimbocca. Our server was helpful, accommodating and very pleasant, considering she had 15 people to please. We will certainly be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Second Time2ndTimeDined on 7/27/2014My second visit was with a larger group of people (8). We all enjoyed the food (appetizers, entrees, mix beverages, coffee, and desserts) and the surroundings. The only downfall was a party of 16 was seated next to us. Thank goodness we had finished our main course and was waiting for our fabulous desserts. The down fall was there was very little room to depart from our seats to exit because of the closeness of the chairs from each table.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good consistant foddcuriousg74Dined on 7/26/2014I've been to a few Buca di Beppos and the one thing I will say is that the food is consistent from location to location. Our waitress (Melanie) recommended the caprese appetizer special w/ avocado - and it was delicious. We had chicken marsala (sweet sauce but a nice change from all the tomato based options), spicy chicken pasta (nice spice to it) and chicken arriabiata (nice spicy with sausage). We had a 1.5L of bottle of wine for a great $37 price point and it was perfect with the dinner. The environment is on the louder side but more energetic than anything else. We were in Pittsburgh for a conference it was located right next door to our hotel (Sheraton Station Square). I would recommend making reservations for a larger group.Special Features:
- Friday July 25LuluDined on 7/25/2014Antipasto Chopped Salad the best!Lasagna was very good as wellSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- good stuff!!luvpastaDined on 7/25/2014Have never been disappointed with a meal at Buca's . Anytime we have guests in town , we go here for dinner if possible. Love the place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FunElleVDined on 7/20/2014The Quatro al Forno provides a nice sampling of their baked pastas, which boring ravioli aside, are quite good. The Italian creme cake was imbalanced; halfway through it ran out of whipped cream and raspberry sauce for the rest of the slice to taste good. Service was great though. It's a loud restaurant because everyone's trying to have fun.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Buca di BeppomcdineDined on 7/20/2014Went with a dinner party of 11. They seem to be in a hurry to turn over tables. We barely had our food in front of us when we were offered boxes and the check. The food was not very hot. It was just an average dining experience. I expected more.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Family Style FunjmpmDined on 7/19/2014We went to Buca for my best friend's birthday with my tween nieces and 15 month old son. Everyone enjoyed the chicken parmesan and giant brownie sundae. Our waitress was especially helpful as we had never experienced ordering family style. She helped us keep portions manageable and made appropriate recommendations. The marinara sauce wasn't exactly what we expected (a bit thin and mildly sweet), but this was a VERY minor point in our dining experience. We will definitely be back!Special Features:
- Good Tasting Food - Service LousyTryanythingonceDined on 7/13/2014After the hostess attempted to wedge our group of 6 into an extremely tight table in a full room, we transferred to another room with ample comfortable seating. However, it came at a price regarding service. Our server was managing a large party and us at the same time, where we paid the price of delayed bread, lack of drink refills, and very slow service. Although the food was very good (and hot) and the server had an entertaining personality, the service was very disappointing and detracted from the overall experience. If you visit, have the shrimp linguine - it was outstanding.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great for Groups!MattDined on 7/8/2014We went here for a group work dinner and it was fantastic!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bad experienceDianeDined on 7/5/2014We like Buca food and service, but this occasion was not good. AC was blowing constantly on top of us and staff did nothing to fix after we complained more than once. Manager said that the cold didn't bother home. Eventually, the food got cold.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistent Food. Service was OK.OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/4/2014Being a chain, this place almost always has consistently good food. The Pittsburgh location did not disappoint. Got seated quickly (with a reservation). Service was not the best. Our server got yelled at by the person cleaning our table and then after we got seated she was barely around. I would go back for the great food alone.Special Features:
- Neighborhood GemmikeNamy1231Dined on 7/4/2014Bucca is one of THE best chain restaurants going, hands down. Food, service & ambience makes this a winner no matter where it is. Wish we had one closer to home, as such we only get to one a few times a year.Special Features:
- excellent serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/29/2014The entire staff was wonderful. Our group was larger than expected, and we were able to add 5 additional diners at the last minute. Mel did an excellent job with everything we needed.Special Features:
- Service was excellent!KourtneyDined on 6/28/2014The service at Buca was excellent. The staff was flexible and willing to work with us. They created an entirely new dessert for our Bachelorette party!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- perfect Pittsburgh diningpghyumDined on 6/27/2014Out starting food and great atmosphere. Rehearsal dinner and bride's birthday wonderful service. Outstanding enthusiasm. I would dine here for any occasion. Highly recommend. Ask for Tyler she was fantastic and we had never met her before!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- good food, too much AClivingthedream14Dined on 6/25/2014food was very good - perfect amount for 4 people. the room was very cold. we did not request for it to be lowered as there were other diners in the room.Special Features:
- BreadBreadmanDined on 6/17/2014This is no Olive garden. You will pay for your bread.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AmazingAleshaSDined on 6/15/2014Always have the best time when I go here. Great service! Very romantic! And I love all the rooms and pictures!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent experience!lilhotz56Dined on 6/14/2014As always, this was an awesome dining experience! The food is excellent and the service was friendly!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Anticipated betterGeorgeA2Dined on 6/8/2014We had made reservations, but we arrived early. This was no problem and we were seated immediately. The service was very good and the wait staff was attentive. we had ordered the Apple Gorgonzola Salad, which was excellent! For our main course we had ordered the Veal Saltimbocca, which we shared. Both my wife and I had the same reaction, it was tasty, but tough. I did not expect this. We should have complained, however we did not so shame on us. They would have probably done better the second time around, but we had waited long enough and were hungry so we ate it without complaint. Two salads would have been better than the veal. If we go back, I will try the pasta and meatball and hopefully have better luck.
- Good for a crowdPghmamaDined on 6/1/2014Bucca di Beppo us a very interesting, very old restaurant in Station Square. There was a notable garbage smell right inside that the host agreed he smelled but other staff didn't smell. The food was "fine"--not amazing, but okay, and not everyone liked the family-style of expensive BIG dishes to share. The dessert was incredible and the staff was amazing and took great care of us--a huge party with noisy children. Overall a good place to go, esp with a big group, but a sadly old restaurant that could benefit from a little remodeling and menu change-ups.Special Features: