Buca di Beppo - Pittsburgh - Robinson Town Center
6600 Robinson Town Centre Drive
Pittsburgh, PA 15205Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
Buca di Beppo - Pittsburgh - Robinson Town Center
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.bucadibeppo.com/
- Phone: (412) 788-8444
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Thursday: 11:00am - 10:00pm, Friday & Saturday: 11:00am - 11:00pm, Sunday: 11:00am - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Italian, Comfort Food
- Executive Chef: Geoff Straub
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Our full menu is available for Buca To Go and Delivery. If you're hosting a special occasion or group event at your home, office or a local area reception hall, Buca To Go or Buca Delivery is the perfect choice. Our friendly & professional staff will assist you with your order, arrange a specific pick-up time for Buca To Go or deliver your order ($25 delivery fee applies to deliveries). Plates, napkins, eating & serving utensils and condiments are included. No minimum purchase required. Please allow 3 hours for same-day delivery and call for questions/details about our delivery service area.
- Special Events: Whether you’re celebrating a special occasion, planning a business dinner or having a night out with family and friends, Buca di Beppo is your answer to one fabulous group dining experience! Buca serves authentic Italian family-style meals in an eclectic, vintage setting. Our knowledgeable staff will help organize and plan your group event or meetings with diverse lunch or dinner banquet packages - ideal for groups of 20 or more. Private and semi-private rooms are available.
A word from Buca di Beppo - Pittsburgh - Robinson Town Center
Buca di Beppo serves authentic Italian cuisine in an eclectic, vintage setting. Our dishes are served family-style, meant to be shared by everyone at the table. Two sizes are available: BUCA SMALL feeds two or more and BUCA LARGE feeds four or more. At Buca, guests delight in our lively atmosphere, enjoy the classic tunes of Frank Sinatra and Dean Martin and admire our decor, including family photos and candid shots of Italian-American icons, such as Sophia Loren and Joe DiMaggio. Our energetic atmosphere, delicious food and friendly staff make Buca di Beppo the perfect place for great Italian food and fun.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Buca di Beppo - Pittsburgh - Robinson Town Center reviews from OpenTable diners
39 reviews since July 23, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
good for groups (32)special occasion (18)kid-friendly (16)fit for foodies (8)romantic (5)great for lunch (4)neighborhood gem (3)notable wine list (2)late-night find (1)Show More
- MissyVIPDined on 11/15/2014Great Time....Sat in the kitchen and the staff was really niveSpecial Features:
- Delicious Italian FoodOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 11/8/2014Good homemade Italian food. Service was a bit slow, but it was a busy Saturday night.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect dining experiencemadchefDined on 10/31/2014I love going to Buca and sitting in the kitchen seeing all the activity going on. I always request the kitchen seating. The service is great and everyone is friendly. This is my family's favorite place to go.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- small birthday partyhappydinerDined on 10/26/2014We had a family bday party on a Sunday. Easily made online reservations. We were seated promptly and our dinner came out quickly too. Our server was very attentive and pleasant. Didn't feel rushed to leave. It was very nice!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- first vistit... was awesomeOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/19/2014We really enjoyed our first experience. we will definately come back. The decor was awesome and so was the staff, everyone was very nice and really seem to enjoy where they were working. The food was amazing.Special Features:
- We had a great timeKarenDined on 10/18/2014The food was good. The kids had fun. The service was wonderful. It was all great!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- jack55Dined on 9/19/2014everything was amazing,great food,great sangria and fantastic service!!!!!!Special Features:
- Value wasn't there, Food okfamily2Dined on 8/30/2014We have been to Buca's over the years, both in Minneapolis and Pittsburgh. The garlic bread we ordered was too crispy and lacked butter on it, it tasted only like garlic was on the bread. The trio seafood appetizer was over cooked for the calamari. We told the waitress about it and her comment was "our trio seafood appetizer is extra crispy". It lacked flavor. The pizza we ordered was good but a lot smaller than it used to be for the price ($17.99) and we added chicken to a penne vodka pasta and there wasn't much chicken added for an additional $4.99 or $5.99. Once again we told our waitress and she wasn't willing to discuss with a manager. We won't be visiting any time soon.Special Features:
- Birthdayenchant53Dined on 8/23/2014We had a wonderful birthday party for my husband. Food was amazing, service was great!Special Features:
- Great FoodGreatDined on 8/17/2014Everything was awesome, drinks are very expensive and a little weak...but hey you get to keep the glassSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Could be slightly betterkylemorgDined on 8/15/2014While the chicken in the chicken parmigana was tender and the portion size was adequate for two people, the marinara sauce on them was a bit bland, the alfredo sauce almost appeared to have been canned, and the fettuccine noodles were beyond al dente, pretty much undercooked. The decor of the place is interesting, though, and the prices aren't too expensive. One big bonus for this place is that they take reservations online. Make a reservation before you go, and you'll walk right past the crowds of waiting people who did't bother to do so.Special Features:
- Service with an attitudeOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/9/2014The food we chose was good and the portion sizes for family dining were generous. The waitress we had was not friendly and seem to have an attitude. She seemed a bit annoyed with us when we weren't sure what we wanted to order.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- large groupJudyDined on 8/8/2014Our waitress Amanda on Friday night was wonderful!!! The food was awesome. We had a great time!!!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Like dining in Italytpmckee60Dined on 8/2/2014A first visit to the Robinson Buca met all expectations: excellent good and ambiance. The menu was extensive, which took a little time to decide on entrees for a small group of four adults; however, that challenge added to the enjoyment. The price of dining, albeit higher than Olive Garden, gains value from the ambiance, which transports patrons to a restaurant in Rome, not Robinson. The wait staff excuded happiness. Our waiter took care of us well, and accomodated a few special requests with no hesitation. We felt welcome. We will return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amanda is greatHappybunny76Dined on 8/1/2014Had a great dinner. Service was 5 star. We will be back again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The food was a little disapointing.dissapointedDined on 7/27/2014My daughter spent her 21st birthday in Virginia while serving her 2 weeks in military. So after she back we took her to dinner...Buca's! I made the reservation on line for 6 people. We ordered 3 large pasta dishes and 2 out of the 3 dishes, the pasta wasn't done. We actually sent one back and the other one wasn't great, but it was tolerable. The manager came over of course and took it off the check. We normally go to the one in Pittsburgh, but decided to try this location even though it's a 45 minute drive instead of a 20 minute ride. I put on the reservation about it being her birthday and they did sing, but they don't give a free dessert anymore. We had a nice time and the appetizers where good but the main food wasn't up to par.I would recommend this to a friend.
- 46th anniversary celebrationBerniem23Dined on 7/27/2014My husband and I were celebrating our 46th anniversary. We went with my daughter and her fiancé. My father used to have his annual Christmas party for the entire family there. It was a group of 21 people. We always loved it. He has passed away and this was my first time there since. Many, many memories. Our food was very good. I was a little disappointed in the lasagna. It was only two layers and fell apart when cutting it. I also found the meal to be very expensive. Our bill was $100 for salad, pizza and lasagna.Special Features:
- great for a groupStephDined on 7/25/2014Food was good. Service was great. Went with some friends and still had a ton of food left over. The large portions were very largeSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great for familiesMom28Dined on 7/25/2014We celebrated my grandmother's 93rd birthday here. The staff was super friendly and very on top of everything. The food was delicious and served family style which is great!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 354 reviews are from the Buca di Beppo - Pittsburgh - Robinson Town Center reviews archive.
- A Refreshing Twist on Italian FoodMomnipVIPDined on 7/7/2014My husband is Italian and a good cook too. So we rarely dine in Italian restaurants. But there family style concept grabbed my attention when I read the OT reviews on this place while visiting the area. The "cellar" ambiance made for a fun environment. And our waitress, Hannah, was attentive and new her menu well. She made great recommendations. There were only 2 of us and we were not famished, so we only ordered 2 items--a salad and the stuffed chicken entree, and both were great. We will be back with a larger group and a bigger appetite the next time we visit the area.Special Features:
- GmaJDined on 7/6/2014We had a great lunch. This time we ate at a table in the kitchen there's only 1table. It was allite noise but my 11yr old wanted to so we did and we all enjoyed dinner. They have such a great variety foe everyone to enjoy.Special Features:
- Happy Family ExperienceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/25/2014We had a large family group and everyone was 100% happy with this location. The food served family style was a complete hit. All remarked how great everything tasted and the service left nothing to be desired. I recommend this restaurant highly for groups both large and small.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great dining experience.OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/21/2014Enjoyed everything except the summer dish with the white spaghetti with veggies. It was very dry. Everything else was excellentSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- quiet dinner for twoOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 6/17/2014The food arrived promptly, but the server seemed to be so interested in chatting with the family at an adjacent table that we had to wait for service at times, even when when we tried to get her attention (she was two tables away and the restaurant was not crowded). It was a hot day and it would have been nice to have our water glasses refilled. We had to ask for napkins four times before we finally got them. We have dined here previously, and it's a nice but a little overpriced. The food is good and has always been served hot and fresh, in my experience. They often run coupons that bring the prices down to reasonable levels. Service tends to be a bit spotty at this location, but better at the Station Square location.Special Features:
- DeliciouskraysyDined on 6/15/2014We have never been disappointed with anything we have ordered. Show up hungry!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 6/14/2014Service needs improvement. May be it was the server we got.Special Features:
- Not what I expectedSulliyorkpaDined on 6/13/2014When we were walking up to the building with the neon sign, I thought of some basic chain like Olive Garden. The Ala Carte menu I have not experienced since college. I was happy to see it still being practiced. Our waitress was great she kept tabs on us despite having other tables in some of the other sections to tend to. Overall having an Italian background I enjoyed the restaurant and will recommend this place in the future.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful MealWaPaFoodieDined on 5/30/2014We are long time customers of Buca. We went to dinner with friends last week, and the food was excellent as usual. It's nice to go to Buca anytime and have a great experience.Special Features:
- Always Enjoyable!mifamiliaDined on 5/26/2014I took my mother there for her birthday. She just turned 83. There was plenty of food that was very good, nice and attentive waitress and we always like the Italian atmosphere. We will definitely go there again.Special Features:
- Great place to have a birthday!JimmyDined on 5/24/2014My friends and I had a great time and the food was excellent!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bucca di FunBirthdayPartyFunDined on 5/18/2014We had a 70th (don't let her know I mentioned her age) birthday party for my mother. Twelve of us at Bucca di Beppo in Robinson, PA. The service from Jacqueline was incredible. She took requests for items on the fly -- meaning she was not finished with a sentence when our unruly mob was already barking for drinks, apps, etc. All with a smile "sure, I'll get you that too." The food was yummy, garlicy, delicious. We had a great time. Mom hugged me and cried a 'thank you' to me. Wonderful.Special Features:
- Terrible Customer ServiceDisappointedDined on 5/18/2014I was excited to have my bachelorete dinner at Bucca Di Beppo. We had a reservation and there were 8 in our party. They sat us at a large booth so half of us couldn't get out without everyone else getting up. The table they sat us at was also directly behind the waitress' plate station, but rather than trying to be courteous to dinner guests having a conversation, they seemed to bang and rattle the dishes as loud as they could. Then when we were done eating, but still enjoying conversation they asked us to move to another table or leave because they were getting a party of 15 and needed our table. That made me angey, but I didn't let it ruin my day; however, I will never eat at or recommend Buck Di Beppo again.
- xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxvze26z3eDined on 5/17/2014xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mother's Day DinnerBellaMarie13Dined on 5/11/2014I brought my family here for Mother's Day dinner, and I became hooked. My brother and mom have been to Buca's in Station Square before, but I had never been to one up until that night. I loved the atmosphere, the decor, how even though the restaurant was decent sized, the individual rooms made it seem smaller and more personable. my family is Italian, so we don't mind sharing food with one another, but for groups of people who aren't on the sharing level, or for someone's very first date, this might not be a good location to go, unless the guests are big eaters. what left overs we had, they didn't last very long!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mothers Day at BuccaKATHYDined on 5/11/2014Our experience was very good from the bar thru dessert. We were waiting for the rest of our party in the bar and my husband made a comment about having chips or pretzels with our drinks and I think it was the MOD came back with chips.(nice touch) The food was good and a lot of it the service was good.We had 2 boys with us and the server was as attentive to the them as she was to the adults. All in all great experience. Mothers day is usually a zoo, Don"t believe it But make sure you make reservatipns.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/11/2014Awesome food but our waitress seemed to be rushing us. She asked if we needed to go containers half way through the meal and she brought our check before we ordered our dessert. Again food was awesome!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mothers dayWightmanDined on 5/11/2014Our dinner was perfect as always! The table was ready for our party of 11 before we arrived. Pleasure dining here. Thank you.Special Features:
- You Will Not Be Disappointed!PickyEaterDined on 5/4/2014Having used the online reservation option, our party of three was seated promptly upon arrival. Our server came to the table and welcomed us almost immediately. Beverage orders were taken and warm bread (with oil and balsamic vinegar for dipping) was delivered. We ordered our favorite salad, Apple Gargonzola, and for our entrée, Fettucine Supreme. Everything was delicious. We ordered the smaller portions, but had more than enough for the three of us, with plenty of pasta to take home. Throughout the meal, our server kept the bread coming and our glasses filled. When exiting, we were thanked for coming and asked to please come back again. We definitely will! This restaurant is a winner!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FooddmadmaDined on 5/3/2014The food was awful! We ordered a caprese appetizer which had no dressing on it. I ordered the veal saltimbocca which was as tough as leather. I will never go back.
- great family dinner feelirj0k3rDined on 5/2/2014Such a great place! Good food, friendly staff and huge portions just like a family meal should be.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.