Buca di Beppo - Pasadena
80 West Green Street
Pasadena, CA 91105Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
Buca di Beppo - Pasadena
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.bucadibeppo.com/
- Phone: 6267927272x
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Thursday: 11:00am - 10:00pm, Friday & Saturday: 11:00am - 11:00pm, Sunday: 11:00am - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Italian, Comfort Food
- Executive Chef: Ricardo Munoz
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Delivery, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Our full menu is available for Buca To Go and Delivery. If you're hosting a special occasion or group event at your home, office or a local area reception hall, Buca To Go or Buca Delivery is the perfect choice. Our friendly & professional staff will assist you with your order, arrange a specific pick-up time for Buca To Go or deliver your order ($25 delivery fee applies to deliveries). Plates, napkins, eating & serving utensils and condiments are included. No minimum purchase required. Please allow 3 hours for same-day delivery and call for questions/details about our delivery service area.
- Special Events: Whether you’re celebrating a special occasion, planning a business dinner or having a night out with family and friends, Buca di Beppo is your answer to one fabulous group dining experience! Buca serves authentic Italian family-style meals in an eclectic, vintage setting. Our knowledgeable staff will help organize and plan your group event or meetings with diverse lunch or dinner banquet packages - ideal for groups of 20 or more. Private and semi-private rooms are available.
A word from Buca di Beppo - Pasadena
Buca di Beppo serves authentic Italian cuisine in an eclectic, vintage setting. Our dishes are served family-style, meant to be shared by everyone at the table. Two sizes are available: BUCA SMALL feeds two or more and BUCA LARGE feeds four or more. At Buca, guests delight in our lively atmosphere, enjoy the classic tunes of Frank Sinatra and Dean Martin and admire our decor, including family photos and candid shots of Italian-American icons, such as Sophia Loren and Joe DiMaggio. Our energetic atmosphere, delicious food and friendly staff make Buca di Beppo the perfect place for great Italian food and fun.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerKid Friendly
- Diners' Choice WinnerItalian
Buca di Beppo - Pasadena - Best Restaurants in Pasadena ›
Buca di Beppo - Pasadena reviews from OpenTable diners
93 reviews since July 3, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelEnergetic
good for groups (76)kid-friendly (55)special occasion (52)great for lunch (28)fit for foodies (20)neighborhood gem (15)romantic (12)hot spot (8)great for brunch (6)late-night find (5)notable wine list (3)great for outdoor dining (2)scenic view (1)Show More
- A perfect timeOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/26/2014I reserved for my daughter's 23rd Birthday given that it is one of her favorite places to go eat. It was great. There was something for everyone and the food was great and sufficient for all seven of us. The cream cake....soooooo wonderful. Thank you.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Super Friendly Wait StaffGlendaleFoodyDined on 10/25/2014We tried some of the new pasta specials and they were all really good. As with every trip to Buca, the best part is there are always plenty of leftovers!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bday PartyOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/25/2014Awesome place for a bday. We had 20+ people and we were seated on a long table, but we were able to get up and mingle without feeling awkward. Great for parties. Food was family style and tastySpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AmazingBtotheTDined on 10/17/2014I will be going back soon, and I will definitely be using opentable for my reservationsSpecial Features:
- Buca di beppoBucaDined on 10/12/2014Great service, great food, manager was awesome and was able to accommodate my vouchers.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- dinewithgrandkidsDined on 10/4/2014My husband and I took our family along with the grandchildren for a nice dinner, we wanted everyone to be all be together and enjoy a nice meal. I was looking for a place that was kid-friendly. Everyone at our table had a great time and enjoyed the food and what made it so nice is that everyone was friendly and service was wonderful. We won't hesitate to choose this restaurant for our next family birthday. Loved it!Special Features:
- Good for groupsRcm11Dined on 10/4/2014Food was delicious. Service was good given the larger party.Special Features:
- Outstanding service and food.Luv2chowDined on 9/29/2014They always pay close attention to detail when it comes to service. The food is always superb.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great for Birthday CelebrationTinaDined on 9/27/2014Especially if you have small children. Lots of good food & LOTS of NOISE!!!!Special Features:
- big portions.... they don't lieLUCYBELLZOEVIPDined on 9/27/2014When they say feeds 4 , they are not kidding. We enjoyed the food and service was GREAT!Special Features:
- Friendly solicitious managementPickymommaDined on 9/26/2014Everythig looks reallly good and the portions are more hugh, but the flavour just isn't as good as we expected. The lasagna arrived and looked great. The plate was hot but the food was barely warm. Obviously not just out of the oven. And don't order the marsala dishes unless you like your food really sweet. the decor is fun and it is great for a large group where you can share a variety of dishes and get a taste of many things.Special Features:
- details are importantletseatDined on 9/24/2014The food was good. Details are important. Everyone around us was given a basket of bread, except our party.Special Features:
- Fun Dining ExperienceChairwalkerDined on 9/20/2014Had a fun dinner with my party of 16 in the Popes Room (Bust of Pope in center of table obstructs your view and ability to talk with people on the opposite side of the table). The wait staff was excellent and very patient with our group of gaggling women. We ordered from the special coupon offer and had a lovely dinner at a nicely reduced price. The overall atmosphere of the restaurant is very noisy. Not suitable for a quiet get together or intimate dining. But, if you're looking for a fun atmosphere, this is the place!Special Features:
- Natalies gemOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/20/2014We have been going to Buca's for quite a few years. It was a Birthday,NewYears,and just because restaurant. The service, food and service always great.Special Features:
- Family FunTable42Dined on 9/13/2014Buca is great for big groups. We've recently re-discovered this great restaurant and were happy to see that they have smaller portions better suited to two diners.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Buca di BeppoOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/13/2014I had reservations at 7pm. They didn't have a table for us until 7:30pm. It was also very loud because they put 3 large parties in one small room. It was also hot in there. Other than those few things, the food was delicious and the table service was good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- loudpja666Dined on 9/12/2014crying babies within reason. screaming babies made experience dreadful. small side room was my party and 2 large parties with small kids, why were we put there and not another quieter room? I wasn't expecting a library, but don't put people without babies with large parties with them.Special Features:
- Great, fun dining experiencecin4foodDined on 9/9/2014We went to Buca di Beppo to celebrate two birthdays, my son and grandson. We were a party of 19 (9 were children) and had a great time, good food (best baked Ziti ever) and exceptional service! We definitely will return. We are planning another gathering (no children) to enjoy some wine, great food in October for my birthday. Buca is definitely a great restaurant for a nice romantic date or for a large family like ours. The portions are big (we had enough for lunch the next day for everyone), reasonable prices and great service. Located in Old Town Pasadena which made it a great place to walk after and sightsee.Special Features:
- Rip offJofisherDined on 9/7/2014We spent more money on suvenier cups then we did on our meal. We didn't know we were going to be charged extra for cups that no one wanted. We we told that with this size the next drink was 50% off. It probably because they make it up charging you so much for cups!Special Features:
- Small party unattendedDMSYMCDined on 9/7/2014When eating in with a small party of 4, server tends to forget that we were present especially when there's a party of 20+ next to your table. Server to pays more attention to big parties due to the tip.Special Features:
- Great foodItalianAngelinoDined on 9/6/2014I have been here once before and it was with a large group. I remember enjoying the experience. This was also a very nice night. The spaghetti we ordered (me and my significant other) couldn't even finish a small dish including a salad. We were approached by a photographer and received some really decent photos. We sat on the patio and it was a nice little vibe with a slight breeze.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- reviewBirthday6Dined on 9/5/2014We enjoyed our early dinner. Food was delicious and plentiful. Our waiter Nathan was really responsive and service oriented. Definitely recommend Pasadena site!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisorganizedOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/31/2014Service was slow and we had 3 different servers asking us if we have been helped yet? My son wanted a rootbeer and my wife and I ordered are drinks as well. 10 or 15 go by and nothing. Then a new server asks us what did ee order,I then told her and she tells us no rootbeer. Anyway I could go on and on. Also didnt like being hussled with buying photos . I had a girl come up to asking me to stand and walk around the table to pose for a picture. Totally disrupted our dinnerSpecial Features:
- Serving food or pictures?DinenloveDined on 8/30/2014We love the food at Buca Di Beppo, but taking a group picture and selling it back to customer is very unattractive. It's one thing to create an experiance for a customers and another to make extra money by taking pictures and selling it to the customer. I'd beg you to stop that.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/30/2014Location is easy to access/notice. Plenty of food and good ambiance for a big group.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Is it my imagination or...LiviaDined on 8/27/2014Has the food at Buca become a bit pedestrian? Has the chain become lazy or is the chef asleep? When I order baked ziti, I expect baked, not pasta tossed in sauce with mounds of cheese on top in a bowl. Where was the crusty cheese breadcrumb top? The rich flavor that baking pasta in the sauce gives? I could have made this dish myself at home in twenty minutes with a bag of ziti, a bag of 4cheese shreds, a tub of ricotta and a jar of Ragu. Additionally, the Caesar salad was limp and overdressed and the garlic bread was overdone and 'baked' to crouton hardness nearly all the way through. Buca usually does much better than this lackluster meal.Special Features:
- First timer..FoodLoverDined on 8/24/2014Took my boyfriend for his birthday, first time for both of us, and we had a wonderful time. Our server was kind of enough to explain the portion sizes and specials that were available. Great food friendly atmosphere kid friendly and definitely large group friendly. Loved it so much we are bringing my Sister back here next month for her birthday.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- good and the badOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/23/2014the food was absolutely to die for but the service really neeeded some help.Special Features:
- Like the food, not the serviceMCMCDined on 8/17/2014We eat here about once every 1-2 months. My family enjoys the food. This time the restaurant was very noisy with several large birthday groups. Our server was slow, and rarely came to check on us. I don't know if she was assigned too many tables, or if she is inexperienced (we have never seen her before).Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very warm insidepatromoDined on 8/17/2014We had a party of 20 and it was very warm in the area we were seated in. It seemed to be very busy day with many big parties like mine. The service was pretty good even though we had long waits at times for our waiter.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food and great timesOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 8/16/2014Celebrated my birthday with the family. Service was great. The server did not rush us and we had a very relaxed enjoyable dinner. The food is good and this is a great place if you have kids.Special Features:
- Good service. Great Food.Luv2dineDined on 8/15/2014We reserved a table for two people a week ahead. When we got there, the server offered us to sit at a six-people table while the tables for two people are empty. He said those are reserved tables. After a while, I saw a family of 6 people sitting crowded on the small table for 2-4 people. What a funny scene.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExcellentHappyfianceeHappyMeDined on 8/15/2014I brought my fiancee in to celebrate her birthday and she loved it! She loves Italian food and we got to say the food was delicious. The place really clean and quiet (we came in for lunch) and everyone really friendly. We even got a complimentary photo which was a plus! We will definitely be coming back.Special Features:
- Great eatsggallin78Dined on 8/8/2014I love coming here always great food and service. The location in pasadena is our favorite, my wife and i love it here. We usually share a small but sometimes we get our own smalls just to be able to share them between us. I crave that garlic bread all the time its so good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Never DisappointsJackiVIPDined on 8/5/2014The baked stuffed shells were at their best. Simple meal for us shells, garlic bread, caesar salad -- always perfect and getting better somehow (a bit more spice perhaps?). All staff were delightful -- Freddy esp. Thank you Buca!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Aug. 4, 2014Ronees18thbirthdaybashDined on 8/4/2014Great place for group gatherings. Good food and plenty of it. Friendly staff.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not the Buca we came to enjoyDiningJunkieVIPDined on 8/2/2014years ago, Buca was known for their fun atmosphere, good food, huge portions, and service. You felt like you were in an Italian restaurant in someone's home; with mom cooking and the relatives serving up food and good times. The food is still decent, the portions are large family style, but the ambiance resembles an IHOP or Denny's, and it has lost all of it's charm. As with so many huge chains that have grown, they have lost that personal touch and uniqueness that made them a success in the first place.Special Features:
- DisappointmentglobalexplorerDined on 7/29/2014My Italian family has patronized Buca di Beppo in Pasadena a few times over the past 10 years including for our parents' 40th anniversary. Although we had a good time and the service was very good, the food was a bit disappointing. The meatballs on the spaghetti were dry. The sauce was okay, but not great on the parmesan chicken. The green salad lacked flavor. It was as though the dishes we ordered were prepared to look good like in the photos in the menu, and they did. However, the preparation struck me as uninspired. I felt as though the kitchen staff had a limited idea of what Italian food was supposed to taste like, so they prepared it to look good. It wasn't terrible, but it wasn't great either.
- pretty satisfiedasiandude1Dined on 7/27/2014I signed up for the email coupon for a free pasta. We ordered the zeti, it was pretty delicious for a cheese fanatic, haha. It is pretty loud, but very family friendly. We also ordered the peach mararita , it was very delicious!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very good overallSteveGlowDined on 7/26/2014Our family went to Buca in Pasadena just to have a night out. We had made reservations online so when we arrived we were seated immediately. The staff was courteous and helpful. Everything on the menu is a la carte, so it seemed a bit pricey overall. But the food tasted fresh and delicious (for example, the salmon was really good), and our servers did a great job. The one thing we could have done without was the photographer taking our photos "for no charge". We got a little photo of ourselves at the table for free, but the best photos required purchase, which we declined. All in all, it was an enjoyable dining experience and I would recommend Buca di Beppo to others as a place for great Italian food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.