Buca di Beppo - Pasadena
80 West Green Street
Pasadena, CA 91105Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
Buca di Beppo - Pasadena
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.bucadibeppo.com/
- Phone: 6267927272x
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Thursday: 11:00am - 10:00pm, Friday & Saturday: 11:00am - 11:00pm, Sunday: 11:00am - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Italian, Comfort Food
- Executive Chef: Ricardo Munoz
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Delivery, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Our full menu is available for Buca To Go and Delivery. If you're hosting a special occasion or group event at your home, office or a local area reception hall, Buca To Go or Buca Delivery is the perfect choice. Our friendly & professional staff will assist you with your order, arrange a specific pick-up time for Buca To Go or deliver your order ($25 delivery fee applies to deliveries). Plates, napkins, eating & serving utensils and condiments are included. No minimum purchase required. Please allow 3 hours for same-day delivery and call for questions/details about our delivery service area.
- Special Events: Whether you’re celebrating a special occasion, planning a business dinner or having a night out with family and friends, Buca di Beppo is your answer to one fabulous group dining experience! Buca serves authentic Italian family-style meals in an eclectic, vintage setting. Our knowledgeable staff will help organize and plan your group event or meetings with diverse lunch or dinner banquet packages - ideal for groups of 20 or more. Private and semi-private rooms are available.
A word from Buca di Beppo - Pasadena
Buca di Beppo serves authentic Italian cuisine in an eclectic, vintage setting. Our dishes are served family-style, meant to be shared by everyone at the table. Two sizes are available: BUCA SMALL feeds two or more and BUCA LARGE feeds four or more. At Buca, guests delight in our lively atmosphere, enjoy the classic tunes of Frank Sinatra and Dean Martin and admire our decor, including family photos and candid shots of Italian-American icons, such as Sophia Loren and Joe DiMaggio. Our energetic atmosphere, delicious food and friendly staff make Buca di Beppo the perfect place for great Italian food and fun.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerItalian
- Diners' Choice WinnerKid Friendly
Buca di Beppo - Pasadena - Best Restaurants in Pasadena ›
Buca di Beppo - Pasadena reviews from OpenTable diners
96 reviews since May 6, 2014
- Ambiance3.9Noise LevelEnergetic
good for groups (74)special occasion (56)kid-friendly (50)great for lunch (24)fit for foodies (17)romantic (11)neighborhood gem (10)great for brunch (9)hot spot (6)late-night find (4)notable wine list (3)vibrant bar scene (1)great for outdoor dining (1)Show More
- Serving food or pictures?OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/30/2014We love the food at Buca Di Beppo, but taking a group picture and selling it back to customer is very unattractive. It's one thing to create an experiance for a customers and another to make extra money by taking pictures and selling it to the customer. I'd beg you to stop that.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/30/2014Location is easy to access/notice. Plenty of food and good ambiance for a big group.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Is it my imagination or...LiviaDined on 8/27/2014Has the food at Buca become a bit pedestrian? Has the chain become lazy or is the chef asleep? When I order baked ziti, I expect baked, not pasta tossed in sauce with mounds of cheese on top in a bowl. Where was the crusty cheese breadcrumb top? The rich flavor that baking pasta in the sauce gives? I could have made this dish myself at home in twenty minutes with a bag of ziti, a bag of 4cheese shreds, a tub of ricotta and a jar of Ragu. Additionally, the Caesar salad was limp and overdressed and the garlic bread was overdone and 'baked' to crouton hardness nearly all the way through. Buca usually does much better than this lackluster meal.Special Features:
- First timer..FoodLoverDined on 8/24/2014Took my boyfriend for his birthday, first time for both of us, and we had a wonderful time. Our server was kind of enough to explain the portion sizes and specials that were available. Great food friendly atmosphere kid friendly and definitely large group friendly. Loved it so much we are bringing my Sister back here next month for her birthday.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- good and the badOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/23/2014the food was absolutely to die for but the service really neeeded some help.Special Features:
- Like the food, not the serviceMCMCDined on 8/17/2014We eat here about once every 1-2 months. My family enjoys the food. This time the restaurant was very noisy with several large birthday groups. Our server was slow, and rarely came to check on us. I don't know if she was assigned too many tables, or if she is inexperienced (we have never seen her before).Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very warm insidepatromoDined on 8/17/2014We had a party of 20 and it was very warm in the area we were seated in. It seemed to be very busy day with many big parties like mine. The service was pretty good even though we had long waits at times for our waiter.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food and great timesOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 8/16/2014Celebrated my birthday with the family. Service was great. The server did not rush us and we had a very relaxed enjoyable dinner. The food is good and this is a great place if you have kids.Special Features:
- Good service. Great Food.Luv2dineDined on 8/15/2014We reserved a table for two people a week ahead. When we got there, the server offered us to sit at a six-people table while the tables for two people are empty. He said those are reserved tables. After a while, I saw a family of 6 people sitting crowded on the small table for 2-4 people. What a funny scene.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExcellentHappyfianceeHappyMeDined on 8/15/2014I brought my fiancee in to celebrate her birthday and she loved it! She loves Italian food and we got to say the food was delicious. The place really clean and quiet (we came in for lunch) and everyone really friendly. We even got a complimentary photo which was a plus! We will definitely be coming back.Special Features:
- Great eatsggallin78Dined on 8/8/2014I love coming here always great food and service. The location in pasadena is our favorite, my wife and i love it here. We usually share a small but sometimes we get our own smalls just to be able to share them between us. I crave that garlic bread all the time its so good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Never DisappointsJackiDined on 8/5/2014The baked stuffed shells were at their best. Simple meal for us shells, garlic bread, caesar salad -- always perfect and getting better somehow (a bit more spice perhaps?). All staff were delightful -- Freddy esp. Thank you Buca!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Aug. 4, 2014Ronees18thbirthdaybashDined on 8/4/2014Great place for group gatherings. Good food and plenty of it. Friendly staff.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not the Buca we came to enjoyDiningJunkieDined on 8/2/2014years ago, Buca was known for their fun atmosphere, good food, huge portions, and service. You felt like you were in an Italian restaurant in someone's home; with mom cooking and the relatives serving up food and good times. The food is still decent, the portions are large family style, but the ambiance resembles an IHOP or Denny's, and it has lost all of it's charm. As with so many huge chains that have grown, they have lost that personal touch and uniqueness that made them a success in the first place.Special Features:
- DisappointmentglobalexplorerDined on 7/29/2014My Italian family has patronized Buca di Beppo in Pasadena a few times over the past 10 years including for our parents' 40th anniversary. Although we had a good time and the service was very good, the food was a bit disappointing. The meatballs on the spaghetti were dry. The sauce was okay, but not great on the parmesan chicken. The green salad lacked flavor. It was as though the dishes we ordered were prepared to look good like in the photos in the menu, and they did. However, the preparation struck me as uninspired. I felt as though the kitchen staff had a limited idea of what Italian food was supposed to taste like, so they prepared it to look good. It wasn't terrible, but it wasn't great either.
- pretty satisfiedasiandude1Dined on 7/27/2014I signed up for the email coupon for a free pasta. We ordered the zeti, it was pretty delicious for a cheese fanatic, haha. It is pretty loud, but very family friendly. We also ordered the peach mararita , it was very delicious!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very good overallSteveGlowDined on 7/26/2014Our family went to Buca in Pasadena just to have a night out. We had made reservations online so when we arrived we were seated immediately. The staff was courteous and helpful. Everything on the menu is a la carte, so it seemed a bit pricey overall. But the food tasted fresh and delicious (for example, the salmon was really good), and our servers did a great job. The one thing we could have done without was the photographer taking our photos "for no charge". We got a little photo of ourselves at the table for free, but the best photos required purchase, which we declined. All in all, it was an enjoyable dining experience and I would recommend Buca di Beppo to others as a place for great Italian food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FANTASTICBrickCity18Dined on 7/26/2014This was our first time and everything was wonderful. The food that we ordered was more than we thought we would have. It was excellent. Also you give great comps for online sign up and will always come back. The Pasta dishes are outstanding and you get a lot of food for a reasonable price.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pleasantly surprisedComanchepilotVIPDined on 7/24/2014Obviously a chain, and an expensive one, but we were seated timely. Served timely. With food that surpassed my expectations even given the price. They do try to wrestle every dime from you with their silly photos and press on the desserts . . . But overall I was happy.
- Good location for a late lunch!ItalianfoodieDined on 7/14/2014It was so easy to go on line and make a reservation. We have limited time to eat because we were going to a movie. The service was good and the meal was delicious. We have had birthday parties their before and it was fun sharing their large portions. The waiters and managers are walking around making sure that we are satisfied and our glasses are not empty!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good fooddiningexplorerDined on 7/13/2014The restaurant is extremely noisy unless you sit in the bar away from all the large parties. It (the bar) is quiet and very pleasant. The food is actually too much for just two people, even the small portions. Great for very young active adults and football players! I don't think I will go again unless I am going to attend a large party.Special Features:
- will never go back!!trixy400Dined on 7/13/2014Celebrated a birthday for my family memembet and had the worst experience! The waiter wad extremely rude. We had the worst service ever from him.I asked him at least 3 times for service in bringing different items and not once did he do It. In the end I had to Flagg down a busyboy and he was kind enough to bring us the things we needed. Finally when the waiter showed up he brought 6 heavy small plated and just dumped them into my hand. At this point he was upset because I told him he was late in everyrhing. He had a bad attitude thereafter and caused our celebeation to b an ackward situation. I was so embarrassed at this point! I will never take my family back or anyone ele for that matter.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Smells and has fruit fliesNightDined on 7/12/2014When we were seated we smelled a stench. We think it was coming from the restroom. We asked to be moved and they set us at the table in the kitchen, which was fine. The food tasted ok, but I had to fish several fruit flies out of my wine. We were asked if we wanted to sign up for their club, we said no, they then gave us the forms anyway, we said no thanks, they then came back with extra pens and went over all the benefits again, we said no thanks yet again, then when we finished dinner they again said if we filled out the form we'd get something next time. Overall I'd rather have stayed home
- Kids loved the pizza!Isabella88Dined on 7/5/2014My two boys are very picky with food. And the pizza was so yummy to them. We will definitely return!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- good deal for families...CapNJackDined on 7/5/2014Great server. They also encourage coupon use here and the environment worked well for our 1 1/2 year old son.Special Features:
- loud but great serviceYcookpaysome1else2doitDined on 6/28/2014As loud as it gets, the service was great...very attentive given how packed and loud it was. My Saturday night 6:30pm OpenTable reservation was accommodated with NO WAIT even after seeing a couple ahead of me get informed they would wait 30min for a table. Food is good and decently priced. Expect loads of cheese and lots of carbs (via sugary beverages and pastas/breads) given in huge portions.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Another Good ExperiencejennwyzDined on 6/25/2014This particular visit to Buca di Beppo was my third time dining at the restaurant. Although the menu has a nice variety of items, I have had the same selections every time and they have never disappointed. I made a reservation and asked to be placed away from any large groups that might be there that night. This request was accommodated and I was very grateful for that. We had a great meal with great friends while celebrating a birthday. I look forward to my next visit to Buca!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 6/20/2014Slow, unattentive service. Not enough floor staff to cover Friday night dinner shift. Food was really good though!Special Features:
- Good food and atmosphereBeeZeeDined on 6/14/2014Generally the food is good, but not excellent. The pizza crust was not crispy enough for my taste and the pasta lightly over done. I like the nice colorful and family friendly atmosphere and the menu is certainly complete. Expect a long wait if you don't have reservationsSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bad seatingLeyaDined on 6/14/2014The service and the foods were good. The only thing I don't like was they seat us in one of the high table in front of the bar. I usually don't mind but we have two little ones. People hang out at the bar. It was crowed.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great place to go and celebratePabloDined on 6/14/2014Whenever you have something to celebrate with a group of people, such as graduation, birthday, etc., I highly recommend this place. The waiters sing for you, if you let them know what you are celebrating for, the quality, quantity, and the price of the food just fit appropriately for these kind of occasions. The spirit of "Italianness" is present, which means that the environment is very energetic. And because of this kind of environment, it naturally makes your celebration more special. However, I don't think it is a romantic place where you come to find serenity and solely focus to the person whom your dating.Special Features:
- our experianceOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 6/11/2014We went to your restaurant for a birthday party. 8 people (kids/adults). Staff very friendly. Order pizza for our appetizer. Had a soapy taste to it, like they had just washed the board it came on. Took it off the bill. I had order a glass of house wine. The last sip was full of sediment. Not the topping off I was looking for after a very good rest of the meal. Took that off the bill. One had order the drink that you could take the glass home. When brought to the table in a box, he opened it up and the glass was cracked. Brought another. It just seemed we had little mishaps that were corrected by a very embarrassed waitress. She was great. Left a great tip. All in all these things do happen I know. Hopefully this helps for future reference.Special Features:
- Don't go for the foodBlahhhhhhDined on 6/7/2014Since we went with very long time friends, family style service was fine. Our waiter was very pleasant and kept a good eye on us. The place is just too noisy and not a place to go if you have more than one person to talk to. The food is very expensive for Italian and only tastes like garlic. We had Chicken Marsala that had a lot of sauce so it wasn't too dry, but someone dumped a cup of sugar into the sauce. Cloyingly sweet. The cheese bread is plentiful, but you live with the tons of garlic for quite awhile. We also had spaghetti and meatballs. The sauce is very bright and the meatballs are cooked through. Very flavorless food. We didn't need to purchase their sauce for home use. Obviously, we won't go there again on purpose.
- Graduation partyIcandothisDined on 6/5/2014The only thing I didn't care for was that even with a reservation we had to wait 30 minutes. After attending a graduation ceremony of 2 hrs and the waiting before and that, another waiting experience was the last thing we wanted to do.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Italian Food At Its Bestscotydog2009Dined on 6/1/2014Buca Di Peppo is a great Italian restaurant, and the choices are endless. If you want something big or small, this is the place...even the small isn't that small, so bring a big appetite. You might want to leave room for your dessert because they are huge. Can't wait to go back and try something else. Thanks for the Italian food.Special Features:
- Rushed and upselling like crazyOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 6/1/2014Seems like Buca is changing. We dine there multiple times a year and they are now up selling lots of items. They try to upsell you on the kids cup ($5 cup that lights up). They try to upsell you on the Beer glass. They try to upsell you on their bread. We usually like to take our time and enjoy our food, but this time around, they were rushing us, even after we told the waitress that we wanted to take things slow.I would recommend this to a friend.
- celebrationdining1Dined on 5/31/2014Good service by 2 wait staff. Always good food as well. Slightly noisy since hear conversions of the large parties nearbySpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SPICY CHICKEN RIGATONI!!!!JCDOCDined on 5/24/2014Every time we go this dish is a must!!! I love it. It makes my stomach and me very happy! Compliments to the chef and cooks! The waiters are also amazing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Graduation DinnerspecialoccasiondinerDined on 5/24/2014Service was very good, all the staff were great just very very loud.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 1HappymomDined on 5/19/2014Food was good; beer was flat, had to send it back, then wait awhile to recieve a pitcher replacement. Several dishes/utensils were spotty, I was just hoping you super steam the utensils. I will carry plastic utensils from now on. Initially, staff (1 person) was bothered that we changed our # of guest, and she had to make accomodations. Heck, I offered to move tables, than later noticed that she could have seated us in a larger table. She mellowed out after a bit, glad she wasn't our server. Had a great time otherwise.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.