Buca di Beppo - Mira Mesa
10749 Westview Parkway
San Diego, CA 92126Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
Buca di Beppo - Mira Mesa
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.bucadibeppo.com/
- Phone: (858) 536-2822
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Thursday: 11:00am - 10:00pm, Friday & Saturday: 11:00am - 11:00pm, Sunday: 11:00am - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Italian, Comfort Food
- Executive Chef: Antonio Pimentel
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Beer, Cafe, Chef's Table, Delivery, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Our full menu is available for Buca To Go and Delivery. If you're hosting a special occasion or group event at your home, office or a local area reception hall, Buca To Go or Buca Delivery is the perfect choice. Our friendly & professional staff will assist you with your order, arrange a specific pick-up time for Buca To Go or deliver your order ($25 delivery fee applies to deliveries). Plates, napkins, eating & serving utensils and condiments are included. No minimum purchase required. Please allow 3 hours for same-day delivery and call for questions/details about our delivery service area.
- Special Events: Whether you’re celebrating a special occasion, planning a business dinner or having a night out with family and friends, Buca di Beppo is your answer to one fabulous group dining experience! Buca serves authentic Italian family-style meals in an eclectic, vintage setting. Our knowledgeable staff will help organize and plan your group event or meetings with diverse lunch or dinner banquet packages - ideal for groups of 20 or more. Private and semi-private rooms are available.
A word from Buca di Beppo - Mira Mesa
Buca di Beppo serves authentic Italian cuisine in an eclectic, vintage setting. Our dishes are served family-style, meant to be shared by everyone at the table. Two sizes are available: BUCA SMALL feeds two or more and BUCA LARGE feeds four or more. At Buca, guests delight in our lively atmosphere, enjoy the classic tunes of Frank Sinatra and Dean Martin and admire our decor, including family photos and candid shots of Italian-American icons, such as Sophia Loren and Joe DiMaggio. Our energetic atmosphere, delicious food and friendly staff make Buca di Beppo the perfect place for great Italian food and fun.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerKid Friendly
Buca di Beppo - Mira Mesa - Best Restaurants in Mira Mesa ›
Buca di Beppo - Mira Mesa reviews from OpenTable diners
61 reviews since July 26, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelModerate
good for groups (47)special occasion (32)kid-friendly (26)great for lunch (15)fit for foodies (11)neighborhood gem (11)romantic (10)hot spot (4)notable wine list (3)great for brunch (3)vibrant bar scene (2)scenic view (1)late-night find (1)Show More
- outstandingOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 6/22/2014Great service as always.if you never had bucca di beppo you need to eat there.the prices are great except for drinks but you will get alot of food for your moneySpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great place for family diningamateurfoodieDined on 6/21/2014The decor of all Buca di Beppo's is eye catching and VERY fun. The food quality and choices make this place a great restaurant to take your entire family too. We have dined here numerous times and love to reserve the table in the kitchen when we have guest in town.Special Features:
- Buca! Always worth the tripVinceVIPDined on 6/20/2014What can be said, that hasn't already. Always enjoy eating at Buca. The food is great, the environment is lively. Service is always top notch.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/15/2014The experience is always good! the food is a bit pricy but really good. The music was a little loud it was hard to heard what people were saying at my tableSpecial Features:
- Had a great time with familyFamily18Dined on 6/14/2014Thank you so much for the kind service and delicious food,mew all had a great time and can't wait to return again.Special Features:
- Wonderful timeStuffedDined on 6/14/2014Great time our server Darren was excellent! He was very helpful with menu and serving size for our party of sixteen. He was very timely refilling our beverages. And he always had a happy pleasant attitude. Food was very good as well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good but expensive for so so foodVeganFoodLoverDined on 6/14/2014Food was just ok, actually not as good as we expected. The side order of string beans was not boiled completely, the pasta dish had pasta boiled too long and so were not crunchy. An the price for each dish was off the roof! Service was just ok too. I would have expected another round if bread but no such luck. Overall, we had good time as a family but money could be better spent elsewhere.Special Features:
- Great timesGeegletsDined on 6/13/2014Food was excellent including next day. Wait person was excellent seemed to be there exactly when we had a question or ready to go to the next phase. She didn't smother us though. No complaints at all.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- very expensivebuccapointeddisappointedDined on 6/8/2014Did not expect to Pay 18 dollars for a small pizza. Quality was good but to small for the price when all your other portions are a lot bigger.....very disappointed. Will not come back and order pizza. And that was one of the reasons I went have 3 kids and they love pizza.Special Features:
- Disappointedv8240zVIPDined on 6/3/2014My daughter chose to go here to celebrate her 21st birthday. While the food was good and plentiful, the waiter forgot my wife's food order. He never came back to check on us. We asked another staff member about her food and she stated she would get the waiter. Still no food or waiter. As the rest of us finished the manager came to ask how everything was, and we told her. She apologized and said she would get my wife's food, but it was too late at that point. What should have been a fun and memorable evening is now memorable for a different reason!
- CoolCSUSMgrad14Dined on 5/25/2014Came here for lunch after my graduation with a group of 15 of us. We got there earlier than expected but still got seated very quickly. The food was great. Service was a little slow, but it turned out well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MoMoDined on 5/23/2014Really enjoyed eating here, the food was good and the environment was very nice and welcoming, will definitely come back!!Special Features:
- Outstanding serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/18/2014We had 2 large groups celebrating a college graduation. The service was awesome. We were so pleased & everything went smoothly. The food & especially the service exceeded out expectations. The waiter was awesome and he definitly took care of our group!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Aleays goodMadrosaDined on 5/17/2014I've always been impressed with this chain. Great atmosphere and friendly staff. Of course, amazing food!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Almost greatLittlelulu1Dined on 5/14/2014We had a get together for a birthday and our party was for 15 originally. We got seated til six of us arrived.. We where short 1... Our food was great but our service was not . Not blaming waiter he did all he could to keep up but was the only one we saw serving 3 parties at almost the same time... Maybe support for his tables would have made a difference I'm glad we ended short a few people cause it probably would have taken longer...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ServiceLuluDined on 5/11/2014Service was amazing! Our waitress (forgot her name) was awesomeSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food; Super NoisyEscondidoFoodieDined on 5/10/2014Food was great but we had a large group and it was virtually impossible to carry on any conversation. It was so loud we couldn't hear our server. Service was poor - waitress was super friendly but kept forgetting drink orders, food orders, etc. Also bill was incorrect (we were charged for dishes we didn't order). We had to request dessert twice and finally gave up. Check took forever to process.Special Features:
- fantastic serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/9/2014Mike our waiter is fantastic, very helpful and outstanding customer service. Thanks Mike!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Party RestaurantJamesZDined on 5/3/2014Had my birthday party for 17 people and they easily accommodated everybody. I preordered the large orders of salad, pasta and pizza so the price was relatively reasonable for that many people. It couldn't of went any better. Everything was perfect.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bucca BirthdayBuccaBdayDined on 5/1/2014We went to Bucca to celebrate my boyfriend's birthday. He had never been to this restaurant and I hadn't been in several years. We had such an amazing experience and the food was brought out in a timely manner. The food was excellent and our waiter made his birthday very special.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- fun and enjoyableOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 4/26/2014not a place t talk, the noise level is outrageous, but for a special occasion, birthday, well worth it, but one needs to know it's not cheap, and be careful about ordering,portions are large.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Ambience, So-So FoodOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 4/25/2014The ambiance and service were awesome! Buca di Beppo is really a fun place to be. However...the food left a lot to be desired. We ordered three dishes (Penne San Remo, Baked Ziti, and Salmon Sorrento) and they were all bland...there was nothing notable or particularly delicious about them. If I want a great meal, I can pay a lot less than what we paid at Buca di Beppo for something that's truly delicious. We had a good time, but won't go back just for the food.Special Features:
- Good TimesSandyDined on 4/20/2014A very good time was had by all...the waitress was very patient we had seperate checks and some non english speaking guests...We want to give a special shout out to Jessica...who went over and above to make us feel welcomeSpecial Features:
- Great for GroupsdelasolDined on 4/20/2014We always come to Buca for group occasions. The food is great, plentiful, price-break is great for groups and the service is great. The pictures on the wall are always a great conversation piece every time I come to this restaurant whether in LA, or SD.Special Features:
- Birthday dinnerjsbradburyDined on 4/18/2014Went with family and friends for my fiancé's birthday dinner. I was able to preorder my meal for the group, which saved a lot of hassle I believe. I appreciated that. Good was good, ambiance was good, we had a really fun time there. Will definitely go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- It is fun to dine!PizzaLoverDined on 4/12/2014It was the first time I invited my children and my wife to dine at Buca Di Beppo. We enjoyed the friendly environment, the kitchen tour, and more importantly the food we ate. My family and I love the the "Lasagna, the Apple Gorgonzola Salad, the Chicken Glorioso, the Spicy Arrabiatta, and the Tiramsu as our dessert. I definitely invite my family back to dine again Buca Di Beppo to try other dishes.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Disapointment!JayPDined on 4/5/2014We went to Buca di peppo expecting great food and service, but was very disapointed. Compared to my other experience with this resturant, I will not be thinking about Buca Di Peppo when I am craving Italian food. Our meatballs were dried and chewy. We ordered bake ziti and they brought out the wrong order. When the back ziti came out, it was not good! I expected better food and better service for the amount of money I paid to dine there. Huge portions, but poor quality.Special Features:
- Dinner was greatJandJLundy2011Dined on 3/23/2014We were celebrating our son's good report card. Love Buca and their family style!Special Features:
- POOR SERVICEDavidDined on 3/20/2014I had reservation for dinner last Thursday, when we were there, we had to wait more then 10 minutes even there were not many people before we can sit down. The waitress was slow and not supportive. Very bad experience.
- Expensive for basic Italian FareYanboyDined on 3/19/2014Portions are plentiful, but should be considering what is charged. Everything is charged per small or large serving with our 2 small bowls (for 2-3) running $18.99 each and a salad for $12.99. Bread should be included, but it was charged 8.99! Family Style serving, but this really drives up the price as you want more than one plate. Our dinner for 3 ran over $70 with no wine or cocktails. This was 2 very basic pasta dishes, a very simple & over dressed Caesar salad and bread. Our waitress was training someone, and he was just a bit too anxious to clear the table and get us going even though it was early and there were very few people there. My suggestion: go to Olive Garden for better variety and a MUCH lower tab!!!!Special Features:
- Just a Great Place!MzMary1Dined on 3/18/2014Food ,Staff, Ambience Outstanding!! Great portions! Pricey though.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- $15 off a combination of twoHuynhjtDined on 3/14/2014My boyfriend and I came in because we've never been before though we've lived in Mira Mesa all out lives. We came in with a reservations and was lead through a little tour of the kitchen and was seated in a big booth near the bar. Service was good. Then my thing about buca was the pasta entree, we got the spicy chicken and the pasta wasn't cooked enough, I like my pasta al dente, but this pasta was undercooked. We also got the eggplant entree which was decent. The portions were definitely too much for two people, getting 2 smalls. Next time if we come back, we'll probably get one small and try the garlic bread. Or just go for dessert or go in big group.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bad experience..Jeff1Dined on 3/7/2014Decided to take my girlfriend out for dinner here for our 5th year anniversary. Made a reservation online for 7pm. Arrived at 6:55 to check in, didn't get seated until 7:30! What's the point of making a reservation at a specific time when you don't get seated AT THAT TIME? Food was ok, although it was way too expensive. You do get a ton of food so I can see how this place is only good for big groups. Can get better Italian food elsewhere for cheaper.Special Features:
- Great food and atmosphereVinceVIPDined on 3/2/2014Always enjoy eating at Buca. Never had a bad thing!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding experience but...ArnelDined on 3/1/2014Our dining experience was outstanding overall except that a couple of our guests found a strand of hair in one of the entrees we ordered. However, the food was great and service, too especially our waitress was accommodating. Her name was Victoria.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AvissportsdadDined on 3/1/2014This was an expensive meal with fair or slow service. Avis, always looking to improve! Well Buca di Beppo, needs to take a page from Avis! Six people at our table and we all got our first drink at different times. My Strawberry Margarita, tasted more like a Watermelon drink. Another guess had Italian Margarita, neither of us were able to finish our drinks... Two glasses of wine, then was told restaurant had run out of this popular wine. Our food was basically just shoved onto our table. We decided to share dishes so our table was in need of some, creative arranging which was left to us to arrange! We also had to stack up our own dishes in order to make room. Those dishes sat on our table for over ten minutes before they were removed!
- Enjoyed the mealMikeDined on 2/26/2014As always we enjoyed the meal, but the service was a little slow for a Wednesday evening and the table right next to us was way too loud for us to carry on decent conversationsSpecial Features:
- Great place to celebrate!LovingHubby1Dined on 2/25/2014We celebrated my wife's 40th birthday here and it turned out perfect! There were 13 of us and we were seated in the "Pope" room. The service from our waiter Mike was excellent! He was funny and very helpful. He even helped me with a surprise for my wife by bringing her s special card (I had dropped off earlier in the day) when the time was right. The food was excellent and I was happy to see the bill since it was not as much as I would have figured for 13 people to eat and LOTS of leftovers!! I'd definitely come back for any occasion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great funLizzardDined on 2/22/2014We had a great time. My son's birthday is on Valentine's day but we don't go out on that day. We decided to celebrate on the 22nd. We invited his grandma, brothers, and some friends. We all had a lot of fun and the food was delicious. The service was great. Our waiter Kyle checked on us often and our food came out soon. We will definitely go back. Fun place to go with a group.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Noisy and Slow but we had fun!OpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 2/22/2014The noise level ant this restaurant is ridiculous. Not the patrons, but the constant screaming of the wait staff for birthdays. The service and food is good, but be prepared to come in for a long dinner, the food takes a long time out of the kitchen.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.